Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cringe worthy typos

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So this morning I got chatting to guy. All was going well he added me as a friend and commented on a pussy pic saying he liked my lips. I messaged back asking if he was a fan of bigger lips. He messaged back and said I meant your pussy lips to which I explained that’s what I meant. He then said do you say that to all black guys? (He was mixed race) when I looked back there was a mortifying typo. Instead of bigger lips was Niga lips. I was absolutely mortified I would never use that word. I immediately apologised and explained it was a typo and by no means did I mean to disrespect him. Although he took my apology it did kill the mood slightly

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Geez that's awful that is. Innocent mistake that i'm sure we've all made at one point or another. Funny how one letter can drastically alter meaning or content. Language is funny

over a year ago

"Geez that's awful that is. Innocent mistake that i'm sure we've all made at one point or another. Funny how one letter can drastically alter meaning or content. Language is funny "

Honestly I was mortified I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me lol. Auto correct is so handy sometimes but my god it can be a hindrance on times lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Difficult.

I never proof read. I'm Gonna start x

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

I know a blind guy who has a CBT (not the motorbike type) consultancy, he uses speech to text apps, he's had some very amusing ones over the years

over a year ago

"Difficult.

I never proof read. I'm Gonna start x"

I really wish I had

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"So this morning I got chatting to guy. All was going well he added me as a friend and commented on a pussy pic saying he liked my lips. I messaged back asking if he was a fan of bigger lips. He messaged back and said I meant your pussy lips to which I explained that’s what I meant. He then said do you say that to all black guys? (He was mixed race) when I looked back there was a mortifying typo. Instead of bigger lips was Niga lips. I was absolutely mortified I would never use that word. I immediately apologised and explained it was a typo and by no means did I mean to disrespect him. Although he took my apology it did kill the mood slightly "

Oh no I'd die

I'm so sorry

over a year ago

"So this morning I got chatting to guy. All was going well he added me as a friend and commented on a pussy pic saying he liked my lips. I messaged back asking if he was a fan of bigger lips. He messaged back and said I meant your pussy lips to which I explained that’s what I meant. He then said do you say that to all black guys? (He was mixed race) when I looked back there was a mortifying typo. Instead of bigger lips was Niga lips. I was absolutely mortified I would never use that word. I immediately apologised and explained it was a typo and by no means did I mean to disrespect him. Although he took my apology it did kill the mood slightly

Oh no I'd die

I'm so sorry"

It wasn’t my finest moment I will give you that. I don’t think I’ve scared him away but we will see

over a year ago

Oh no! Im known for my typos and I actually started a thread about it yesterday but I am so sorry for you.

I really am gonna prove for it everything from now on.

over a year ago

Well you explained and hopefully he saw the funny side. It happens. End.

By *airyChestedDaveMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I’m gonna be proof reading everything from now on

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"So this morning I got chatting to guy. All was going well he added me as a friend and commented on a pussy pic saying he liked my lips. I messaged back asking if he was a fan of bigger lips. He messaged back and said I meant your pussy lips to which I explained that’s what I meant. He then said do you say that to all black guys? (He was mixed race) when I looked back there was a mortifying typo. Instead of bigger lips was Niga lips. I was absolutely mortified I would never use that word. I immediately apologised and explained it was a typo and by no means did I mean to disrespect him. Although he took my apology it did kill the mood slightly

Oh no I'd die

I'm so sorry

It wasn’t my finest moment I will give you that. I don’t think I’ve scared him away but we will see "

I hope so!

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"Oh no! Im known for my typos and I actually started a thread about it yesterday but I am so sorry for you.

I really am gonna prove for it everything from now on."

Starting after this clearly

over a year ago

I once messaged a farrier to ask how much for a full set (of shoes for my horse)....

cue autocorrect.....

'How much for full sex?'

'Love, I know you - nothing for you, in fact, call it a packet of hobnobs and i'll be there in 5 minutes!'

Wouldn't mind... but he looks like Bernard Manning!!

over a year ago

"Oh no! Im known for my typos and I actually started a thread about it yesterday but I am so sorry for you.

Starting after this clearly"

Starting tomorrow.

over a year ago

"I once messaged a farrier to ask how much for a full set (of shoes for my horse)....

cue autocorrect.....

'How much for full sex?'

'Love, I know you - nothing for you, in fact, call it a packet of hobnobs and i'll be there in 5 minutes!'

Wouldn't mind... but he looks like Bernard Manning!! "

Oh dear lol

over a year ago

Starting after this clearly

Starting tomorrow. "

By *olarbear73Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I did email a colleague once and thanked them for their “cunt message”.

I meant curt.

over a year ago

"I did email a colleague once and thanked them for their “cunt message”.

I meant curt. "

I guess it that situation both worked.

over a year ago

I do know the situation where actually typos of worked out quite well.

It wasn't a Typo but a message said to the wrong person.

A friend friend messaged (what she she thought was her friend)

It was so lovely to see you the other day I love your company I would love to meet up again for a cuppa.

She actually messaged it to the guy that fitted her carpets but they went for that cuppa and are now happily married.

Post new Message to Thread