Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lockdown fitness

Jump to newest

By *eepitonwax OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Anyone taken up running or any other sport during lockdown? Will you be continuing on and sticking with it as things open up?

Curious to know as one secretary in our running club said he’s had hundreds of people looking to join when we’re back up and running

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

I think there will be quite a few people rest to get into some sort of fitness, especially if they've had months of sitting around.

But then there hasn't been any replies on this thread so maybe not.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We haven't taken up fitness during LD but have had to change what we do to keep our fitness going and adapted to what we have (a blue peter made gym at home for example )

What we're looking forward to is getting back to what we were able to do before...climbing, scrambling, up in the mountains full kit on for a few days oh and of course to get back in the gym for those big ole weights...L xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I had adapted to a low impact mat routine before I got ill. I think that'll be what I continue for some time yet when I'm strong enough.

over a year ago

i go for walks every morning.i am also drinking slim fast. I want to lose 3 stone.

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

My husband converted our garage into a gym and we have been training most days. I am at work but love the buzz from lifting and working out and each week trying to get my PB up to it once was

over a year ago

I do a lot of walking and hula hooping

over a year ago

"I had adapted to a low impact mat routine before I got ill. I think that'll be what I continue for some time yet when I'm strong enough."

Post viral fatigue? The two steps forward and then what feels like ten steps back must be frustrating, my deepest sympathies. Little and often, what you can when you can are all the cliches but true; I wish you all the best in your recovery...L xx

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I had adapted to a low impact mat routine before I got ill. I think that'll be what I continue for some time yet when I'm strong enough.

Post viral fatigue? The two steps forward and then what feels like ten steps back must be frustrating, my deepest sympathies. Little and often, what you can when you can are all the cliches but true; I wish you all the best in your recovery...L xx"

Oh in spades. At the moment I'm not exercising at all. Deep breathing. Yesterday I checked the post (flat, downstairs) and that's enough excitement for awhile

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

The only thing I've started since lockdown is a bit of speed/agility work with ladders and hurdles. But that was because my next door neighbour heard me complaining about my 5km time not coming down, so he suggested it and lent me the kit.

I've knocked a bit of time off, so will probably continue a couple of times a week.

over a year ago

From the second week of lockdown I’ve been doing home workouts outs 6 days a week and I will definitely keep it up as really seeing the benefits of it now

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Ms _naswingdress recommended some upper arm exercises to me which I do and I've done some yoga too which I previously hadn't done. My main form of exercise previously was swimming and walking. Obv I've had to give up the swimming

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"From the second week of lockdown I’ve been doing home workouts outs 6 days a week and I will definitely keep it up as really seeing the benefits of it now "

Your pics are testament to that

over a year ago

I've always maintained some level of fitness, just had to move it from the club to my loft instead. Harder to keep motivated but managing it most days.

Just miss the social interaction with other club members.

Got to try and stay trim

over a year ago

"From the second week of lockdown I’ve been doing home workouts outs 6 days a week and I will definitely keep it up as really seeing the benefits of it now

Your pics are testament to that "

Thank you

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I haven't stopped training, just doing it differently to what I was before the gym closed. Running, cycling, weight training, push ups, burpees etc I do some form of something every day

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"i go for walks every morning.i am also drinking slim fast. I want to lose 3 stone."

I want to loose 4 stone. It'll take a while but hoping in a years time I will see a massive difference.

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

I don't have the equipment I need to excercise safely without causing pain and flares ups, but i have been pushing myself with physical labour in the garden. Added bonus of nice surroundings. I'm very much looking forward to my gym opening again though for both physical and mental health. And must be doing something right as my scales are telling me I've lost weight during lockdown. I did have to check they weren't broke!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't have the equipment I need to excercise safely without causing pain and flares ups, but i have been pushing myself with physical labour in the garden. Added bonus of nice surroundings. I'm very much looking forward to my gym opening again though for both physical and mental health. And must be doing something right as my scales are telling me I've lost weight during lockdown. I did have to check they weren't broke!"

Well done

over a year ago

"i go for walks every morning.i am also drinking slim fast. I want to lose 3 stone."

Have to thought about keto diet and intermittent fasting? Much better than slim fast in my opinion

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

"From the second week of lockdown I’ve been doing home workouts outs 6 days a week and I will definitely keep it up as really seeing the benefits of it now

Thank you "

Any excuse to perve

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"I don't have the equipment I need to excercise safely without causing pain and flares ups, but i have been pushing myself with physical labour in the garden. Added bonus of nice surroundings. I'm very much looking forward to my gym opening again though for both physical and mental health. And must be doing something right as my scales are telling me I've lost weight during lockdown. I did have to check they weren't broke!"

Well done chick

By *agertha73Couple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Squats, deadlifts, bench. All in the basement x

By *luebellRacerCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

Home workouts, HIIT, yoga... really missing running though

Husband is home tonight, so I can finally get a bit of freedom from the kids after 3 months! Long dog walks and running here I come!

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

I’ve done more fitness than before and am getting back to a proper routine ... lots more out and about doing something which is so good to see. Hope people maintain it as it is definitely worth it

over a year ago

Thank you

Any excuse to perve "

Perv away

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

Thank you

Any excuse to perve

Perv away "

Had plenty of time to admire in detail if you recall

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"i go for walks every morning.i am also drinking slim fast. I want to lose 3 stone.

Have to thought about keto diet and intermittent fasting? Much better than slim fast in my opinion "

A healthy balanced nutritionous eating lifestyle is the best. Fasting isn't healthy.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Ive stopped my home workouts and I am back to normal eating habits.

My work is very physical so my muscle definition is returning, I just need the swimming pools to re open then I can do my daily lengths and tone my mum tum

over a year ago

"i go for walks every morning.i am also drinking slim fast. I want to lose 3 stone.

Have to thought about keto diet and intermittent fasting? Much better than slim fast in my opinion

A healthy balanced nutritionous eating lifestyle is the best. Fasting isn't healthy."

It is if you incorporate it into the 5:2 diet

over a year ago

Been doing over 20k steps every day eating more sensibly have now lost 6kgs look and feel much better for it

over a year ago

"I've always maintained some level of fitness, just had to move it from the club to my loft instead. Harder to keep motivated but managing it most days.

Just miss the social interaction with other club members.

Got to try and stay trim "

Ditto not the same at home. And was never going to make great strides at home either just tried to tick over

And miss the gym banter and more indepth workouts

over a year ago

Cycling here. Did 9 hours yesterday as get ready for a tour in a few months. It will be in the UK rather than Germany so need to get used to the wind drag

over a year ago

A healthy balanced nutritionous eating lifestyle is the best. Fasting isn't healthy.

It is if you incorporate it into the 5:2 diet"

Again they are all the same there just another way of putting yourself ina calorie deficit, by day / week.

Diet is diet its just what works best for you

over a year ago

All 'diets' in the end are calorie fucking deficit. Whether you do ketogenic, 5:2, 16-8, it all comes down to calories in vs calories out.

Just do what works for you

over a year ago

I've gone into routine of workouts at home and long walks or short jogs depending on the time I have. Also adjusted my eating habits. Lost 13 lbs in 2 months. Intend to keep it up post lockdown too as I've not stopped working anyway, so lockdown hasn't affected my routine that much anyway.

over a year ago

"I've gone into routine of workouts at home and long walks or short jogs depending on the time I have. Also adjusted my eating habits. Lost 13 lbs in 2 months. Intend to keep it up post lockdown too as I've not stopped working anyway, so lockdown hasn't affected my routine that much

anyway."

Good work... And you do look in very good shape

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 21/06/20 14:27:51]

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Anyone taken up running or any other sport during lockdown? Will you be continuing on and sticking with it as things open up?

Curious to know as one secretary in our running club said he’s had hundreds of people looking to join when we’re back up and running "

I'm doing everything as normal really

Just been m biking run and quick open water swim today

During the week its run walk lift heavy things and pull ups

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Not all diets are the same. Some diets are inherently worse than others. Best go and see a qualified Dietician and get a bespoke plan

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Ms _naswingdress recommended some upper arm exercises to me which I do and I've done some yoga too which I previously hadn't done. My main form of exercise previously was swimming and walking. Obv I've had to give up the swimming"

What would your purpose be

Strength

Endurance

Muscular balance and pain avoidance??

Fat loss ??

And please seriously do not say toneing

So many say " just toning "

There is absolutely nothing

" just " about toning its ithe holy grail xxx

over a year ago

"Ms _naswingdress recommended some upper arm exercises to me which I do and I've done some yoga too which I previously hadn't done. My main form of exercise previously was swimming and walking. Obv I've had to give up the swimming

What would your purpose be

Strength

Endurance

Muscular balance and pain avoidance??

Fat loss ??

And please seriously do not say toneing

So many say " just toning "

There is absolutely nothing

" just " about toning its ithe holy grail xxx"

Hahahah haha I feel you pain...." I just want to tone up"

over a year ago

I’ve increased my running which I would have done anyway after injury doing between 12 and 22 kms per run, that’s incorporating hill repeats and interval sessions.

over a year ago

Nope.

I struggled along for 8 weeks with bodyweight stuff, banfs, sandbags etc.

Got pissed off and put a gym in my garage.

Pretty much 20% wiped off each of my max lifts but just over 3 weeks I'm back to within 10% on the three lifts

over a year ago

"I've gone into routine of workouts at home and long walks or short jogs depending on the time I have. Also adjusted my eating habits. Lost 13 lbs in 2 months. Intend to keep it up post lockdown too as I've not stopped working anyway, so lockdown hasn't affected my routine that much

anyway.

Good work... And you do look in very good shape "

Thank you

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

"Not all diets are the same. Some diets are inherently worse than others. Best go and see a qualified Dietician and get a bespoke plan "

Good advice. I received nutrition/healthy eating/weight loss plan from my personal trainer. It certainly works alongside exercise when I stay on plan.

over a year ago

"Not all diets are the same. Some diets are inherently worse than others. Best go and see a qualified Dietician and get a bespoke plan "

All diets are the same the aim is to put you in a deficit to lose body fat, the content of said diets is what makes them inherently worse,

Any diet set out by a pt or dietary professional will be based on healthy eating, good fats, low sugars proteins and vegetables... But will still be in a deficit if the requirement is to lose body fat

By *eepitonwax OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I think there will be quite a few people rest to get into some sort of fitness, especially if they've had months of sitting around.

But then there hasn't been any replies on this thread so maybe not.

"

loads of replies now . Good to see so many do so well. I’ve taken on the role of replying to those messaging the club . Hopefully they won’t lose interest by the time we can get the club nights/runs started again

Post new Message to Thread