Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Distance

Jump to newest

By *969Bewitched OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

If someone is not a site supporter does their profile allow them to see how far away you are or is it that they just don't look?

Probably half of my messages are from people 100 miles or more away which is pointless. Social meet is required first and no-one travels 100 miles to have a cuppa in Costa!

It would be so much easier if there was a distance filter that you could set to stop people messaging you from a certain distance

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You will no doubt recieve the "I'd travel 100 miles to meet you babe" messages now!

It's not a bad idea, but people move around, and in fairness I've made friends from far away who visit the area regularly?

By *969Bewitched OP   Woman
over a year ago

Nottingham

" You will no doubt recieve the "I'd travel 100 miles to meet you babe" messages now!

It's not a bad idea, but people move around, and in fairness I've made friends from far away who visit the area regularly?"

Personally I only meet local not passing through meets so the option would work for me, if it was an option and people didn't mind distance it could be set between 0-200 miles for example. Similar thing to dating sites etc.

Yes always get the "I will travel" thing but over the 4 years or so being on here, they always cancel or just don't turn up in the end. Plus if someone travelled that far and one of us decided it was a no I would feel awful!

Post new Message to Thread