Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stupid frame of mind

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sooooooooo I’m happy.

I know, shocker eh.

But I’m in this stupid frame of mind, where I hate being happy ‘cause I’m on anti depressants. Whenever I’m happy, I think ‘oh I can stop taking them now! I don’t need them!’ And then within a few months, I’m depressed as fuck again and I’m back to square one.

Currently, I’m in that frame of mind, which I know is stupid and I’m still taking my tablets, but part of me totally wants to stop and bleugh.

Anyone else like this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

It's normal behavior Q. Just keep taking them.

Jo.Xx

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Yay welcome back , I'm happy too now

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Definitely keep taking them and one day maybe you won't need them to be happy x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you are happy it means the tablets are working and making you 'you' again. Enjoy the feeling.

over a year ago

YAAAYYY, you’re back!

And keep taking them!

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

Whoop whoop.

I'm happy.....

I'm happy that you're back. Missed you.

If you had a dicky heart would you stop taking them?

Nope.

Take them, be happy.

Lurves you xxx

(Too mushy???)

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Dont let anyone get you down Queenie as well , you're a fuckin legend xx

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It takes weeks for the receptors in your brain to uptake and for them to switch on. It takes weeks for the receptors to switch off when you stop taking them.

Equilibrium is achieved with regular doses or a maintenance plan to reduce them.

Just keep taking them Queenie! Don’t play devils advocate when you think you feel better

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

Welcome back Queenie..... this doesn’t mean you get to stop sending me pics of yourself in compromising situations xx

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Dont let anyone get you down Queenie as well , you're a fuckin legend xx"

True fact!!

Jo.Xx

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

It's really good to see you are feeling more positive in yourself.

It's good to know your triggers and that stopping taking the meds will have a negative effect.

Keep taking them my lovely xx

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Keep taking them it means they are doing their job. It's just you don't have the chemicals in your brain and you need the tablets at the moment. Think of it as an antibiotic in a way, you are supposed to take the whole course even when you feel better.

over a year ago

Thanks everyone - god I adore you all

It’s just hard trying to remind myself that my brain doesn’t function as it should and these tablets actually help

And Steve - I’ll always send you photos of me in compromising situations

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

"Thanks everyone - god I adore you all

It’s just hard trying to remind myself that my brain doesn’t function as it should and these tablets actually help

And Steve - I’ll always send you photos of me in compromising situations "

Hugs & good!

over a year ago

Tablets don’t create happiness my Queen. They just make it possible for you to experience it.

This is not borrowed happiness, it’s as authentic as you.

If you get your groceries delivered, they’re still yours even though you didn’t drive to pick them up yourself.

Don’t be so hard on yourself, enjoy the happiness for what it is without worrying too much about the details.

xxx

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Tablets don’t create happiness my Queen. They just make it possible for you to experience it.

If you get your groceries delivered, they’re still yours even though you didn’t drive to pick them up yourself.

Don’t be so hard on yourself, enjoy the happiness for what it is without worrying too much about the details.

xxx"

This Jamie.

Jo.Xx

By *atcherwankerMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

My sister is an absolute nightmare for doing exactly this! Like an emotional yoyo. Try and keep reminding yourself that feeling this good is WHY you're taking the meds, if you keep taking them you'll keep smiling.

If you had, say, a vitamin D deficiency, and taking VitD supplements made you feel loads better you wouldn't stop taking them, would you?

Please stay on the meds, but most of all, make sure to take the time to enjoy feeling good!

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

"Tablets don’t create happiness my Queen. They just make it possible for you to experience it.

xxx"

Yes, this. What a good way of looking at it x

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

I you QL

over a year ago

Welcome back Mrs, don’t stop taking them as you meant to be taking time for a period of time for you start feel less anxious and depressed..

Good luck tho x

over a year ago

"I you QL"

And I love you x

over a year ago

xxx"

xxxxx

over a year ago

xxx"

I think I love you

over a year ago

Oh oh oh oh also, for anyone that has paid attention to my ramblings, I met up with my brother in law and his wife yesterday in my in-laws garden. Haven’t seen them in three years. And I got to meet my gorgeous one and a half year old nephew

over a year ago

"Oh oh oh oh also, for anyone that has paid attention to my ramblings, I met up with my brother in law and his wife yesterday in my in-laws garden. Haven’t seen them in three years. And I got to meet my gorgeous one and a half year old nephew "

So pleased that it went so well

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

xxx"

I really feel this too. I couldn't have put it so well x

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Oh oh oh oh also, for anyone that has paid attention to my ramblings, I met up with my brother in law and his wife yesterday in my in-laws garden. Haven’t seen them in three years. And I got to meet my gorgeous one and a half year old nephew "

That is really great x

over a year ago

Be happy. Bask in the feeling. But keep perspective.

Its a tough road to travel. You're doing well x

over a year ago

"Sooooooooo I’m happy.

I know, shocker eh.

But I’m in this stupid frame of mind, where I hate being happy ‘cause I’m on anti depressants. Whenever I’m happy, I think ‘oh I can stop taking them now! I don’t need them!’ And then within a few months, I’m depressed as fuck again and I’m back to square one.

Currently, I’m in that frame of mind, which I know is stupid and I’m still taking my tablets, but part of me totally wants to stop and bleugh.

Anyone else like this?"

I understand it sweetie!

I’ve been on antidepressants since I was very young because my body doesn’t naturally produce high enough levels of serotonin and when I was younger I kept taking myself off of them because I felt “happy”, just to then crash and burn a month or so later.

I’m a happy person, still on antidepressants, but not because I feel I NEED them to be happy. They are a tool to maintain my feeling of being level and in control of my life.

Big hugs your way Queenie, and maybe have a chat with your doctor about it. Perhaps they can recommend a reduction or a change that’ll support what you need!

Mwah! Xx

over a year ago

"Sooooooooo I’m happy.

I know, shocker eh.

Anyone else like this?"

I understand completely what you mean

By *adbod74Man
over a year ago

Dudley

Totally get this too OP, but keep on with them please, I also have to take meds for seizures and cluster heafa he's, I think I'm all good nowt happened for weeks then wallop I'm a mess again

By *ngel_vs_devil33Woman
over a year ago

i’ll let you know

I do exactly the same, xx

over a year ago

Took a while for me to get the best Meds buy definitely worth it in the end xx

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Sooooooooo I’m happy.

I know, shocker eh.

Anyone else like this?

I understand it sweetie!

I’ve been on antidepressants since I was very young because my body doesn’t naturally produce high enough levels of serotonin and when I was younger I kept taking myself off of them because I felt “happy”, just to then crash and burn a month or so later.

I’m a happy person, still on antidepressants, but not because I feel I NEED them to be happy. They are a tool to maintain my feeling of being level and in control of my life.

Big hugs your way Queenie, and maybe have a chat with your doctor about it. Perhaps they can recommend a reduction or a change that’ll support what you need!

Mwah! Xx"

I admire your honesty.

Very refreshing.

I wish you a happy healthy future.

Jo.Xx

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Are Q that's the best news.

I'm so pleased for you all.

Happier days lie ahead Q.

Jo.Xx

over a year ago

I always felt like this.. and when I went off things would rocket down very quickly. It's a bit of a mind trap. The truth is I rem_mbered my GP saying.. I need to stay on them at least 2 years to make a difference and then come off slowly. I finally listened! so..dont listen to your tricky mind. It's better because you are taking them!

over a year ago

No i never think of stopping taking the antidepresents, they are the reason my brain is working correctly, they are important in keeping me healthy, the same as my asthma meds etc.

over a year ago

"Sooooooooo I’m happy.

I know, shocker eh.

Anyone else like this?

I understand it sweetie!

Mwah! Xx

I admire your honesty.

Very refreshing.

I wish you a happy healthy future.

Jo.Xx "

Thank you sweetie! Xx

over a year ago

Another vote for the I’m glad you’re back camp.

I took my tabs for three days then dumped them because they stopped me cumming!!!

Depression fuck that I deal with it.

With my wife we cut a quarter off for a month then a half until she didn’t need them.

You do what you need to do and best of luck doing it!!!

T

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Me!!! It’s taken me 8 years to half my dose from the maximum. I was too scared to stop taking them though in case I ended up back where I was

J x

over a year ago

Thank you everyone

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I rem_mber feeling the same, particularly when the kids were young. I didnt want to take them, I wanted to be 'normal' But now I liken taking my meds to those others take for illnesses such as diabetes or heart disease.

But that may be because I stopped taking them several years ago and became more ill than I had ever been and I'm not going back there!

So keep on doing what you are doing.

Take care

Jo xx

over a year ago

Very admirable

By *borofucktoyMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Glad your feeling better x