Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Any advice for a newbie?

Jump to newest

By *hy-Guy-86 OP   Man
over a year ago

Norwich

Hi there everyone, I’m new on here, just thought I would pop into the forums and see what it’s all about. I was hoping to get some advice from some of you experienced members about what is the best way to go about getting to meet up with someone on here. Although from what I’ve read on here already, being a single guy I’ve probably got more chance of finding the meaning of life than finding a woman on here lol. Please be gentle, I’m a newbie remember

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *itofamouthfullMan
over a year ago

here and there

Be yourself,Be nice, be respectful, and be patient! Eventually you’ll find someone that likes you and put good pics up!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Welcome fella, my advice is use this place to chat and have a laugh rather than looking for a date...

By *hy-Guy-86 OP   Man
over a year ago

Norwich

Thanks guys. Yes it seems best to just have some fun with it, definitely try not to take it too seriously, not at first at least.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Good luck dude it ain't easy .

Pop the word Cake in every now and again, the chicks love their Cake

over a year ago

welcome to the forums OP

as above, just be nice, say hello, jump on and engage in the threads you find interesting etc, and have fun with it.

remember people obviously aren't meeting at the moment, so the art of conversation shall be your friend for the time being

Px

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Hello and welcome

By *hy-Guy-86 OP   Man
over a year ago

Norwich

Yeah it certainly seems that way. Love your name by the way lol.

By *tan 7724Man
over a year ago

scunthorpe

I could do with some advice guys , been on here a while now with no luck, send respectful messages and get blocked !! Why ??

over a year ago

Don't be a dick.

By *hy-Guy-86 OP   Man
over a year ago

Norwich

Hi there, thanks for the advice. I always try to be nice and polite, not enough of that around I find. Thanks again.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Some good advice above OP - try and take a relaxed approach to the site and not make "meeting" your sole purpose for being here is a good mantra to live by - which may sound a bit odd, but it works - too many focus on the meeting side of it and get frustrated when it doesn't happen, whereas if you accept that your chances are slim and enjoy the site as somewhere to hang out and potentially get to know people it doesn't seem so bad.

The key things to remember though are having a decent profile and pics that pique the interest and show you off as best they possibly can and then three factors that you need to get right - expectations (set them low), attitude (be positive, be polite, respectful and considerate) and approach (find what works for you and remember it's not *just* about sending blind messages to people - there are other ways that work too, you're reading one of them now).

Good luck

By *hy-Guy-86 OP   Man
over a year ago

Norwich

Good advice lol.

By *atenaWoman
over a year ago

Hyde

"I could do with some advice guys , been on here a while now with no luck, send respectful messages and get blocked !! Why ?? "

Lack of pics?

over a year ago

"I could do with some advice guys , been on here a while now with no luck, send respectful messages and get blocked !! Why ?? "

Perfectly polite and reasonable profile.

Just keep at it. Don't get desperate. Keep your dignity.

over a year ago

Welcome I would advice you to show face photo as your cover photo that would help

By *hy-Guy-86 OP   Man
over a year ago

Norwich

Hi, thanks for the detailed response. Yeah it definitely helps to go in with low or even no expectations it seems. Just enjoy engaging with the community, chatting and chilling out seems to be the way to go about things. Thanks again.

over a year ago

Welcome buddy

Observe others of course, but you need to just be yourself and don't bend too much to please ppl just for the likes. Longer term you need people to like you for being you or it won't be long before you let them down.

Try not to fuck it up!

By *hy-Guy-86 OP   Man
over a year ago

Norwich

Sorted that now, thanks lol.

By *hy-Guy-86 OP   Man
over a year ago

Norwich

Thank you. Seems like a nice bunch of people on here, I’m glad I decided to ask for some advice. Much appreciated.

Post new Message to Thread