Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

friend

Jump to newest

By *uge G Rection OP   Man
over a year ago

where I like to be... down south

why do some people get chatting with you, send a friend request, carry on chatting with you then hide their profile so you can't see them anymore?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *luebellRacerCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

Because they've decided they're not interested anymore?

By *otSoPoshWoman
over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

If they're still chatting with you then they might just want a break from everyone else? Maybe ask them?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They may be hiding it for reasons which are nothing to do with you personally

over a year ago

Because they don't want their profile visible anymore... I hide mine for all sorts of reasons... Why did you assume it was to stop just you looking?

over a year ago

You can’t hide your profile from one specific user. You can only block them.

If they’ve hidden their profile it’s quite a big jump to assume it’s because of you, there could be many reasons from them doing that. I hide mine all the time.

Try to break away from negative thoughts about yourself, OP put the kettle on and have a cup of positivitea

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

To see your friends only pics

over a year ago

I guess i was wrong to assume it was to stop me seeing them!

I will take note from now on and realise people have reasons to do things!

over a year ago

"I guess i was wrong to assume it was to stop me seeing them!

I will take note from now on and realise people have reasons to do things!"

It may because they’ve got a ton of msgs and it’s a bit overwhelming with other real life stuff too.

I’m sure there’s other ways to chat if you get on sweet xx

over a year ago

It may because they’ve got a ton of msgs and it’s a bit overwhelming with other real life stuff too.

I’m sure there’s other ways to chat if you get on sweet xx"

I would like to think i got on with her as she offered to call me and read to send me to sleep!

over a year ago

I’m sure there’s other ways to chat if you get on sweet xx

I would like to think i got on with her as she offered to call me and read to send me to sleep! "

Bloomin keeper then if you ask me!

Especially if she has a sexy voice you could fall asleep to

over a year ago

"why do some people get chatting with you, send a friend request, carry on chatting with you then hide their profile so you can't see them anymore?"

OP, I had a couple of these ages ago. Chat for about a day, lots of supposed things in common, plenty of "banter" etc and then all of a sudden, the profile gets hidden for no apparent reason. I may get shot down for this but I honestly believe there are people on here who do it for fun. Lead people on to believe there is the chance of friendship/meeting and then go AWOL. It's a bit like catfishimg. There are lots of fake profiles on here and there is often an ulterior motive behind them, it's one of the perils of using chat/dating sites. It's a bit like when women on here complain about fantasists/married men etc who just use the site for a quick wank. There's a high probability that the "woman" you were talking to was actually a dude!

I feel your pain though, it's hard enough on here at the best of times.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

"why do some people get chatting with you, send a friend request, carry on chatting with you then hide their profile so you can't see them anymore?

OP, I had a couple of these ages ago. Chat for about a day, lots of supposed things in common, plenty of "banter" etc and then all of a sudden, the profile gets hidden for no apparent reason. I may get shot down for this but I honestly believe there are people on here who do it for fun. Lead people on to believe there is the chance of friendship/meeting and then go AWOL. It's a bit like catfishimg. There are lots of fake profiles on here and there is often an ulterior motive behind them, it's one of the perils of using chat/dating sites. It's a bit like when women on here complain about fantasists/married men etc who just use the site for a quick wank. There's a high probability that the "woman" you were talking to was actually a dude!

I feel your pain though, it's hard enough on here at the best of times. "

I’m definitely not a dude, or fake, I hide my profile when I feel a bit overwhelmed on here sometimes, or I don’t feel like chatting. I can be online chatting and receive ten fold more messages. You have to bear in mind people are free to do with their profile as they see fit. Just because someone hides their profile doesn’t mean they don’t want to chat anymore either.

over a year ago

"why do some people get chatting with you, send a friend request, carry on chatting with you then hide their profile so you can't see them anymore?

I feel your pain though, it's hard enough on here at the best of times.

I’m definitely not a dude, or fake, I hide my profile when I feel a bit overwhelmed on here sometimes, or I don’t feel like chatting. I can be online chatting and receive ten fold more messages. You have to bear in mind people are free to do with their profile as they see fit. Just because someone hides their profile doesn’t mean they don’t want to chat anymore either."

And you also need to bear in mind that for every woman that gets overwhelmed on here there is another fake profile wanting to troll someone for "shits & giggles". As a single guy I've used various sites down the years where I've been ghosted/trolled etc. It's a dark side of the internet and not a nice thing to be on the end of. I've had guys admit to being women on numerous occasions "because I'm bored" or "because I'm horny".

I'm not accusing all people who stop chatting of being fake, I'm just highlighting that unfortunately it happens.

Post new Message to Thread