FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Good meditation and mindfulness links needed urgently please.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have a friend who simply can’t take anymore. Girlfriend left him, he has anger issues and today heard that there is no job waiting for him at the end of this month.... His doctor has strongly suggested following YouTube courses in meditation and mindfulness but I don’t know any.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but does nothing come up if you search YouTube for those key words?

Might not be the best ones that come back, but it'd be a start

over a year ago

"Not teaching you to suck eggs, but does nothing come up if you search YouTube for those key words?

Might not be the best ones that come back, but it'd be a start "

Tried that and hundreds come up! He’s very impatient so would rather give him some tried and tested ones.

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Grant me patience, Lord. But do it quickly"

Maybe wading through the hundreds would be a good place to start? Force him to slow down and unwind a bit?

I can’t offer any more, as it's not something I've ever looked into. Sorry

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A lot of ASMR artists do positive affirmation videos where they basically just tell you everything is going to be fine over and over in soothing tones. Not my favourite type of ASMR personally but might help him. Some of my favourite artists are Caroline ASMR, Gibi and Accidentally Graceful. Hope this helps x

over a year ago

"A lot of ASMR artists do positive affirmation videos where they basically just tell you everything is going to be fine over and over in soothing tones. Not my favourite type of ASMR personally but might help him. Some of my favourite artists are Caroline ASMR, Gibi and Accidentally Graceful. Hope this helps x "

Very much so, thank you.

over a year ago

Headspace app.

over a year ago

"Not teaching you to suck eggs, but does nothing come up if you search YouTube for those key words?

Might not be the best ones that come back, but it'd be a start

Tried that and hundreds come up! He’s very impatient so would rather give him some tried and tested ones."

What would he do if you weren't able to offer him support immediately?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I haven't looked at it for years, but the UCLA Mindfulness Awareness Research Center used to have excellent resources.

Jon Kabat-Zinn is one of the leading voices and has some guided meditations (may have to pay)

over a year ago

Thanks everyone for the pms and the messages here.

By *onochrome2Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Insight timer app.. most of the mediations are free.

over a year ago

Insight timer is very good

over a year ago

Anything by calm is brilliant.

I would strongly recommend that if he's new to to meditation/ mindfulness to search shot guided meditation.

over a year ago

"I have a friend who simply can’t take anymore. Girlfriend left him, he has anger issues and today heard that there is no job waiting for him at the end of this month.... His doctor has strongly suggested following YouTube courses in meditation and mindfulness but I don’t know any. "

Quick question...where abouts does he live?! There’s quite a lot of local funding been assigned to local MH organisations for delivering online guidance and support.

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

I find Tara Brach an incredible listen. She has a website but I listen to her talks on any podcast app. She releases a short meditation and a longer guidance talk each week. She’s just done a series of 8-10 talks to get through lockdown. She’s a Buddhist spiritual teacher but sooo down to earth and the way she explains a more reflective, accepting and peaceful way of life has changed my outlook enormously. I find ‘organised’ mindfulness too vague. Just find a breathing technique that helps in every single anxious moment to get out of the head and back in the body.

Great to have a friend like you onside xx

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

There one talk in this recent series of getting through the anger at what’s beneath...incredible. I didn’t think obese angry any more but I was...and I got to what it was about.

over a year ago

Not meditation or mindfulness per se but I find lots of the TED talks very motivational and inspiring, could help with the job situation

Post new Message to Thread