Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

MOBO awards a good thing

Jump to newest

By *oe_Steve_NWest OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bolton

but would we be able to present an award exclusively for white singer/song writers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

no cos that would be racist durrrrrrrrr lol

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

in a word NO

over a year ago

Bolton

but isn;t positive discrimination as bad as negative discrimination?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"but isn;t positive discrimination as bad as negative discrimination?"
in another word ...YES

over a year ago

Bolton

good - thats that sorted then!

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

how can your discriminate about musical origines, music is music what ever the colour or creed of the writer, aka eminnem the whitest black singer there is lol

over a year ago

"how can your discriminate about musical origines, music is music what ever the colour or creed of the writer, aka eminnem the whitest black singer there is lol "

he is black your colour blind

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

[Removed by poster at 03/10/09 00:21:17]

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Just another crappy example of how we are belittled in this silly democracy and pathetic politics bowing down to the human rights and spoon wielders as such.

We should ALL be treated EQUALLY.

Harruummmmmph!!!!

over a year ago

"Just another crappy example of how we are belittled in this silly democracy and pathetic politics bowing down to the human rights and spoon wielders as such.

Harruummmmmph!!!!"

your only saying that cos ur black

over a year ago

Bolton

"how can your discriminate about musical origines, music is music what ever the colour or creed of the writer, aka eminnem the whitest black singer there is lol "

Doh - thats my point as i do not discriminate - it is the system that does - look up what mobo means and you may begin to understand (but i won't hold my breath)

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"how can your discriminate about musical origines, music is music what ever the colour or creed of the writer, aka eminnem the whitest black singer there is lol

he is black your colour blind"

his song writer is a white guy though and thats a fact

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"good - thats that sorted then!"

over a year ago

"how can your discriminate about musical origines, music is music what ever the colour or creed of the writer, aka eminnem the whitest black singer there is lol

his song writer is a white guy though and thats a fact "

no they all black go spec savers

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

Doh - thats my point as i do not discriminate - it is the system that does - look up what mobo means and you may begin to understand (but i won't hold my breath)"

music of black origin and for that to be taken truthfully it should be that of the tribes of the african jungle's

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

no they all black go spec savers"

read his album cover the main lyric's writer on two albums was a white guy

over a year ago

Bolton

Doh - thats my point as i do not discriminate - it is the system that does - look up what mobo means and you may begin to understand (but i won't hold my breath)

music of black origin and for that to be taken truthfully it should be that of the tribes of the african jungle's "

you really have missed my point - i'm gonna stop here as i can see this deteriorating and that wasn't my aim -

Forum Mod

over a year ago

music of black origin and for that to be taken truthfully it should be that of the tribes of the african jungle's "

WTF???????

Are you for real?

so maybe the Brits should be based on a loads of people playing lutes PMSL

over a year ago

read his album cover the main lyric's writer on two albums was a white guy "

HE IS BLACK EVERYNE IS BLACK I KNOW, COS I KNOW EVERYTHING DONT U RELISE THAT DURRRRR

over a year ago

music of black origin and for that to be taken truthfully it should be that of the tribes of the african jungle's

you really have missed my point - i'm gonna stop here as i can see this deteriorating and that wasn't my aim - "

Which is I nearly posted, but changed my mind

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

ok ok i'll own up i was trying to be flippant and i failed but i know what your were saying and i except the view that to have an award for mobo and wobe is so not right

over a year ago

HE IS BLACK EVERYNE IS BLACK I KNOW, COS I KNOW EVERYTHING DONT U RELISE THAT DURRRRR"

You've got your sunglasses on

over a year ago

HE IS BLACK EVERYNE IS BLACK I KNOW, COS I KNOW EVERYTHING DONT U RELISE THAT DURRRRR

You've got your sunglasses on "

no but i got my eye brows threaded today fucking hurt

over a year ago

Bolton

i just can't understand why colour should be an issue - at all - black - white - whatever - shouldn't make a difference - thats the point i was trying to make - too subtle for some?

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

what i was trying to do was point out that if you didn't see some artist preform you'd never know they were black ot white, some of the best soul singers were white too you know,

over a year ago

Bolton

"what i was trying to do was point out that if you didn't see some artist preform you'd never know they were black ot white, some of the best soul singers were white too you know, "

and??????????

over a year ago

"i just can't understand why colour should be an issue - at all - black - white - whatever - shouldn't make a difference - thats the point i was trying to make - too subtle for some?"

i get ya hun

it dont matter if ya black or white

if u sing good u sing good

over a year ago

Bolton

"i just can't understand why colour should be an issue - at all - black - white - whatever - shouldn't make a difference - thats the point i was trying to make - too subtle for some?

i get ya hun

if u sing good u sing good"

at last - the voice of reason!

over a year ago

"i just can't understand why colour should be an issue - at all - black - white - whatever - shouldn't make a difference - thats the point i was trying to make - too subtle for some?

i get ya hun

at last - the voice of reason!"

eminem is black tho i fucked him, massive cock

over a year ago

Bolton

i get ya hun

at last - the voice of reason!

eminem is black tho i fucked him, massive cock"

god i know - me too - awesome

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"what i was trying to do was point out that if you didn't see some artist preform you'd never know they were black ot white, some of the best soul singers were white too you know,

and??????????"

and nothing to me music be it from the lips of a black or a white singer or from the drums of an african tribe its music, end of we like it because it please's us in one form or the other the heading MOBO should under racial equality be dropped anyway because it segragates people by there colour and i thought thats what the coloured people objected to anyway, segragation that is

over a year ago

" i thought thats what the coloured people objected to anyway, segragation that is "

what there green and pink people too hahaha

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

" i thought thats what the coloured people objected to anyway, segragation that is

what there green and pink people too hahaha"

lol those too but lets face it there are some countries that just don't have the voice's to hold a tune lol

over a year ago

Bolton

"what i was trying to do was point out that if you didn't see some artist preform you'd never know they were black ot white, some of the best soul singers were white too you know,

and??????????

and nothing to me music be it from the lips of a black or a white singer or from the drums of an african tribe its music, end of we like it because it please's us in one form or the other the heading MOBO should under racial equality be dropped anyway because it segragates people by there colour and i thought thats what the coloured people objected to anyway, segragation that is "

i think you may just be beginning to see where i started from - crikey - it does take time sometimes!

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

and??????????

and nothing to me music be it from the lips of a black or a white singer or from the drums of an african tribe its music, end of we like it because it please's us in one form or the other the heading MOBO should under racial equality be dropped anyway because it segragates people by there colour and i thought thats what the coloured people objected to anyway, segragation that is

i think you may just be beginning to see where i started from - crikey - it does take time sometimes!"

ok so i'm slow on the up take lol.

but just to go off on a tangent slightly how the hell did bjork ever in a month of sundays win any awards at all because there is no way in this world you could call that singing.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

and??????????

i think you may just be beginning to see where i started from - crikey - it does take time sometimes!

ok so i'm slow on the up take lol.

but just to go off on a tangent slightly how the hell did bjork ever in a month of sundays win any awards at all because there is no way in this world you could call that singing."

i really like her actually

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

goes to prove that we all have a varied taste in music

over a year ago

"

"

We should

But.....we're not.

As much as people try and claim racism doesn't exsist anymore (apart from in the BNP and NF), we live in a white centric culture that sees white as "default" and non-white as "other" (as a quick example, have a look at how many white people on here feel the need to define their race compared to black/asian/mixed race people). So things like the MOBO awards may still be necessary and if people feel the need for them, who am I to argue?

over a year ago

"

We should

But.....we're not.

As much as people try and claim racism doesn't exsist anymore (apart from in the BNP and NF), we live in a white centric culture that sees white as "default" and non-white as "other" (as a quick example, have a look at how many white people on here feel the need to define their race compared to black/asian/mixed race people). So things like the MOBO awards may still be necessary and if people feel the need for them, who am I to argue? "

well im going to do my bit......and stay well clear of this......i belong to a multi cultured society

over a year ago

no comments from black people on this topic - would like to hear a counter-point

Post new Message to Thread