By *anshee99 OP   Woman
over a year ago

all over

whats everyone's top tips for the day?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

Gone for Russian Emperor in the 1:50 at 3/1 have a few other each way punts using the extra place options

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Ok I'll do a top top and an outsider I fancy for each race

1.15 Maydanny , Plantadream

1.50 First Reciever ( no outsider on this race )

2.25 Convict, To Nathaniel

3.00 Japan , Addeybb

3.35 Lord Tennyson , Dark Vision

4.10 Chief Little Hawk , Victory Heights

4.40 Fujaira Prince , Selino

You can thank me later

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"Gone for Russian Emperor in the 1:50 at 3/1 have a few other each way punts using the extra place options"

If the rain arrives a lot could change so keeping an eye on that

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

1.50 Berlin Tango , 2.25 Bright Melody , 3.00 Japan , 3.35 Lord Tennyson. 30 pence each way Lucky 15. 3.00 Japan, 3.35 Lord Tennyson , 4.10 Chief Little Hawk , 4.40 Collide. 30 pence each way Lucky 15

By *anshee99 OP   Woman
over a year ago

all over

"Gone for Russian Emperor in the 1:50 at 3/1 have a few other each way punts using the extra place options

If the rain arrives a lot could change so keeping an eye on that"

Fingers crossed its not as big of a downpour as last year!

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"Gone for Russian Emperor in the 1:50 at 3/1 have a few other each way punts using the extra place options"

I'll take that

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Well done

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"whats everyone's top tips for the day?"

Don’t go

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"Gone for Russian Emperor in the 1:50 at 3/1 have a few other each way punts using the extra place options

I'll take that"

. Nice one mate O’Brien and Moore combination hard to beat

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

I'll take that. Nice one mate O’Brien and Moore combination hard to beat "

Yes not much between them but a royal runner at Ascot with Frankie on board was never going be the correct odds

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

Subjectivist in the next E/W six places, bit of a punt so here's hoping

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

Bit more luck in running and it might have nicked it, profit is profit though

over a year ago

Any tips today

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"Any tips today "

None from me today I'll just be watching I think, no bet day.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

1.50 Fox Tal , 2.25 King Leonidas , 3.00 Battleground , 3.35 Stradivarius , 4.10 Enemy , 4.40 Soffika

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

As yesterday I will pick the winner and one each way shot in each race

1.15 Maori Knight, Bronze River

1.50 Sir Dragonet, Dubai Warrior

2.25 King Leonadis, Lord of the Lodge

3.00 Modern News , Golden Flame

3.35 Stradivarius , Nayef Road

4.10 Enemy , Dance Fever

4.40 African Dream , Declared Interest .

You can thank me later ( probably not )

over a year ago

"As yesterday I will pick the winner and one each way shot in each race

4.10 Enemy , Dance Fever

You can thank me later ( probably not ) "

How did you get on yesterday?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"As yesterday I will pick the winner and one each way shot in each race

4.10 Enemy , Dance Fever

You can thank me later ( probably not )

How did you get on yesterday? "

Shit

By *xbridge_funMan
over a year ago

Uxbridge

Maori Knight in the 13.15

Regal Reality 13.50

Molatham 14.25

Battleground 15.00

Stadavarious 15.35

Cherokee Trail 16.10

Dubai Love 16.40

Good luck everyone

over a year ago

"Maori Knight in the 13.15

Regal Reality 13.50

Molatham 14.25

Battleground 15.00

Stadavarious 15.35

Cherokee Trail 16.10

Dubai Love 16.40

Good luck everyone"

E/W on Cherokee as it’s big odds?

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

I was casually eating my lunch watching Scotland Coronavirus daily briefing and forgot to put my bet on Highland Chief!

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

"I was casually eating my lunch watching Scotland Coronavirus daily briefing and forgot to put my bet on Highland Chief! "

Just noticed the little irony in watching Sturgeon and the winning horse was Highland Chief... It was a sign FFS!!!

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"I was casually eating my lunch watching Scotland Coronavirus daily briefing and forgot to put my bet on Highland Chief!

Just noticed the little irony in watching Sturgeon and the winning horse was Highland Chief... It was a sign FFS!!! "

Someone I often follow put it up, sitting on my hands today given the ground but I'm expecting a few big price outsiders

over a year ago

Top tip: don't bet on horse races. They're cruel and totally unnecessary.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Top tip: don't bet on horse races. They're cruel and totally unnecessary. "

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"Top tip: don't bet on horse races. They're cruel and totally unnecessary. "

Cruel because of the whip? There are people who want to ban it.

Unnecessary? It employs a lot of people, what would happen to the horses if it was stopped

Just my thoughts, I know plenty of people share your views

over a year ago

"Top tip: don't bet on horse races. They're cruel and totally unnecessary.

Unnecessary? It employs a lot of people, what would happen to the horses if it was stopped

Just my thoughts, I know plenty of people share your views"

Cruel not just because of the whip, but because the horses are exploited. And also many are killed due to injuries sustained while racing or because they're too old to race etc.

If it stopped then horses would no longer be bred to race and ideally the existing horses would be retired to a sanctuary.

I really don't care about the benefits for humans, my concern is for the animals here. Always.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

Cruel not just because of the whip, but because the horses are exploited. And also many are killed due to injuries sustained while racing or because they're too old to race etc.

If it stopped then horses would no longer be bred to race and ideally the existing horses would be retired to a sanctuary.

I really don't care about the benefits for humans, my concern is for the animals here. Always. "

I agree, it's not a necessity to sustain human livelihoods. If it was outlawed as an industry I am sure those people in the industry wouldn't go starving overnight. But there are so many things unnecessary in society. Cheap clothes exploiting cheap child labour. An aundance of coffee shops means similarly unethical practices. Diamond trade etc.

over a year ago

I really don't care about the benefits for humans, my concern is for the animals here. Always. I agree, it's not a necessity to sustain human livelihoods. If it was outlawed as an industry I am sure those people in the industry wouldn't go starving overnight. But there are so many things unnecessary in society. Cheap clothes exploiting cheap child labour. An aundance of coffee shops means similarly unethical practices. Diamond trade etc. "

Of course other things are also unnecessary, but the thread was related to horse racing. Also, just because other things are bad, doesn't make this any better =)

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

I really don't care about the benefits for humans, my concern is for the animals here. Always. "

I know there is an anti racing lobby and I do understand why, no one likes to see animals hurt but thorough bred race horses hurt themselves on the gallops and in the stables they are just very easily injured, racing isn't as bad as it's sometimes painted, here's the stats from the BHA, there are 20k racehorses in training in the UK as background.

Figures from the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) show that of 93,004 runners last year, 202 died - which bucked the general downward trend. The rate of 0.22 per cent is the same as recorded in 2014. In 2017, there were 167 from 91,360 runners (0.18%).29 Jan 2019

over a year ago

I really don't care about the benefits for humans, my concern is for the animals here. Always.

I know there is an anti racing lobby and I do understand why, no one likes to see animals hurt but thorough bred race horses hurt themselves on the gallops and in the stables they are just very easily injured, racing isn't as bad as it's sometimes painted, here's the stats from the BHA, there are 20k racehorses in training in the UK as background.

Figures from the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) show that of 93,004 runners last year, 202 died - which bucked the general downward trend. The rate of 0.22 per cent is the same as recorded in 2014. In 2017, there were 167 from 91,360 runners (0.18%).29 Jan 2019"

I'll be clear. One, just one horse killed as a result of something done for human greed and entertainment at the expense of animals is one too many.

Nothing will ever convince me that this is acceptable or justifiable in any way, shape or form.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Down roughly £43 over the 3 days so far at Royal Ascot another two days to go hopefully get that back tomorrow with O’Brien and Moore.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

Figures from the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) show that of 93,004 runners last year, 202 died - which bucked the general downward trend. The rate of 0.22 per cent is the same as recorded in 2014. In 2017, there were 167 from 91,360 runners (0.18%).29 Jan 2019

I'll be clear. One, just one horse killed as a result of something done for human greed and entertainment at the expense of animals is one too many.

Nothing will ever convince me that this is acceptable or justifiable in any way, shape or form. "

Fair enough but farmers keep sheep and cattle for commercial reasons surely it's no different, there are many things worse than horse racing in terms of human exploitation of animals

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"Down roughly £43 over the 3 days so far at Royal Ascot another two days to go hopefully get that back tomorrow with O’Brien and Moore."

Doubtful I am allowed to post on here but someone I'm following got the first and last today, he's on fire sadly I had a day off today

over a year ago

Nothing will ever convince me that this is acceptable or justifiable in any way, shape or form.

Fair enough but farmers keep sheep and cattle for commercial reasons surely it's no different, there are many things worse than horse racing in terms of human exploitation of animals"

And as a vegan, I'm against those things too.

Just because worse things happen doesn't make this any better.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"Down roughly £43 over the 3 days so far at Royal Ascot another two days to go hopefully get that back tomorrow with O’Brien and Moore.

Doubtful I am allowed to post on here but someone I'm following got the first and last today, he's on fire sadly I had a day off today"

. If I believed in coincidence bet then as a Greek I should have backed Onassis in the last.Perhaps time to stop the each way lucky 15 and go back to the each way double then I would have shown a profit today on Stradivarius and Battleground

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

Fair enough but farmers keep sheep and cattle for commercial reasons surely it's no different, there are many things worse than horse racing in terms of human exploitation of animals

And as a vegan, I'm against those things too.

Just because worse things happen doesn't make this any better. "

I think you are entitled to your view and there is probably an increasing number of people that feel the same, I'm not yet in that camp but who knows maybe I will be in future, certainly moving that way in terms of agriculture. I just like my racing and I think the animals are mostly treated very well and the people that care for them really do care for them, there are more important soap boxes to stand on would be my only thought and that's not a criticism

over a year ago

That run from Stradivarius was just awe-inspiring. Would've won by 20L if Frankie had wanted to push it.

Poetry in motion.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"That run from Stradivarius was just awe-inspiring. Would've won by 20L if Frankie had wanted to push it.

Poetry in motion."

I really didn't fancy it but something to see, destroyed them

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"That run from Stradivarius was just awe-inspiring. Would've won by 20L if Frankie had wanted to push it.

Poetry in motion.

I really didn't fancy it but something to see, destroyed them"

. I couldn’t see Stradivarius losing today as he had had a run I think last week over one and a half miles to blow the cobwebs and it wasn’t the strongest renewal of the race.The only surprise to me was from 4/7 he drifted out to 4/5

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

I got two from my treble. Technician let me down. Highland Chief would have made it 3 from 4. I've got the hump now so I'm done.

By *anshee99 OP   Woman
over a year ago

all over

I should have put the same warning on this thread as I did for the one on day one...

THIS ISNT A PLACE OF ANIMAL ACTIVISTS...

Move on.

By *anshee99 OP   Woman
over a year ago

all over

If any of you have ever been anything other than a bystander or a punter, you'd understand the strict rules and regs around the whip and how loved, cared for and happy the horses are.

Its funny how those two words (im vegan) always worm their way into a conversation.

over a year ago

I really don't care about the benefits for humans, my concern is for the animals here. Always. I agree, it's not a necessity to sustain human livelihoods. If it was outlawed as an industry I am sure those people in the industry wouldn't go starving overnight. But there are so many things unnecessary in society. Cheap clothes exploiting cheap child labour. An aundance of coffee shops means similarly unethical practices. Diamond trade etc.

Of course other things are also unnecessary, but the thread was related to horse racing. Also, just because other things are bad, doesn't make this any better =) "

Ahh but hold on , you can't tell people they can't remind you of other things happening in the world that's bad because this thread is about horse racing. Your words !!! This thread is related to horse racing and tips for a particular horse racing meeting, Ascot. If you want to discuss cruelty to animals feel free to start a separate thread.

Your willing to put your opinion over but ignore other comebacks to your opinion.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"If any of you have ever been anything other than a bystander or a punter, you'd understand the strict rules and regs around the whip and how loved, cared for and happy the horses are.

Its funny how those two words (im vegan) always worm their way into a conversation. "

. Over the years there have been various rules with regards to the welfare of the horses.How many times you can hit a horse with a whip has been reduced , the height of fences has been reduced and what fences are made out off have been reduced.Over the years less horses have passed away.It seems to me the sport does it’s best to put the welfare of the horses first.A lot of the top flat racing horses even go into stud after they retire if only us humans could do the same when we retire lol.

over a year ago

"I should have put the same warning on this thread as I did for the one on day one...

Move on.

"

Some people just ignore Fab rules on the forums, if you don't like the subject matter simply ignore it and move onto a thread that suits you better.

All I'm saying on the OP, not had a bet on ascot as trying to curb my gambling ways lol, but I hope they find a space in the calander for a 2020 grand national . Lol love the race and have a big family day of it.

By *anshee99 OP   Woman
over a year ago

all over

"I should have put the same warning on this thread as I did for the one on day one...

Move on.

Some people just ignore Fab rules on the forums, if you don't like the subject matter simply ignore it and move onto a thread that suits you better.

All I'm saying on the OP, not had a bet on ascot as trying to curb my gambling ways lol, but I hope they find a space in the calander for a 2020 grand national . Lol love the race and have a big family day of it."

We had a virtual grand national. There won't be another this year unfortunately x

By *.Watford-AmericanMan
over a year ago

St Albans / Bournemouth

1:15pm - art power

1:50pm - setarhe

2.25pm - eye of heaven

3.00pm - hamish

3.35pm - pierre lapin

4.10pm - santiago

4.40pm - el misk

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

1:15 Dancin Inthestreet EW (6 places)

3:00 Fanny Logan EW

3:35 Pierre Lapin WIN

4:10 Nobel Prize EW

4:40 Good Birthday EW (5 places)

By *ardAndFun321Man
over a year ago

Basingstoke

You boys have got tomorrow's selections up in good time .... not had chance to look yet, but will

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"You boys have got tomorrow's selections up in good time .... not had chance to look yet, but will "

Small stakes for me, still worried about the going

By *ardAndFun321Man
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"You boys have got tomorrow's selections up in good time .... not had chance to look yet, but will

Small stakes for me, still worried about the going"

Has been a few showers here this evening ... will see if much more rain overnight.

By *xbridge_funMan
over a year ago

Uxbridge

13.15 Art Power

13.50 Mother Earth

14.25 Eye of Heaven

15.00 Defoe

15.35 Lope Y Fernandez

16.10 Santiago

16.40 El Misk / Dubai Future

Good luck all

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Was slightly up yesterday so as usual I'll do my winner and one each way shot for each race ...

1.15 Art Power , Never Dark

1.50 Mother Earth , Dandalla

2.25 Eye Of Heaven, Lippizzaner

3.00 Anthony Van Dyck , Fanny Logan

3.35 Pierre Lapin , Kimari

4.10 Satiago , On Guard

4.40 Dubai Future, El Misk

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

1.50 Mother Earth , 2.25 Lipizzaner , 3.00 Anthony Van Dyck , 3.35 Lope Y Fernandez 4.10 Santiago , 4.40 West End Charmer

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

"1.50 Mother Earth , 2.25 Lipizzaner , 3.00 Anthony Van Dyck , 3.35 Lope Y Fernandez 4.10 Santiago , 4.40 West End Charmer "

Not sure if I will go ahead. Small stakes on above for 2.25 and 3.35 perhaps. Good Birthday for 4.40

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

3 out of my 4 horse have come in

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"3 out of my 4 horse have come in "

You had a good day, well done

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Another bad day at Ascot £21 down today £64 down on the week.Perhaps Quadrilateral & Pinatubo well help me out in a each way double.

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

Thursday was good. Could have been spectacular if I remembered to place my big priced bet. Today sees me firmly in the red

By *.Watford-AmericanMan
over a year ago

St Albans / Bournemouth

12:40 - burmese waltz

13:15 - more beautiful

13:50 - creative force

14:25 - quadrilateral

3:00 - palace pier

3:35 - one master

4:10 - bielsa

4:40 - who dares win

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

12:40 Dirty Rascal

2:25 Quadrilateral WIN

3:00 Pinatubo WIN

4:10 Jack’s Point EW (6 places)

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"12:40 Dirty Rascal

2:25 Quadrilateral WIN

3:00 Pinatubo WIN

4:10 Jack’s Point EW (6 places)

"

Dirty Rascal is EW

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

12.40 Aplomb , 1.15 More Beautiful , 1.50 Admiral Nelson , 4.10 Bielsa. 40 pence win Lucky 15. 2.25 Quadrilateral , 3.00 Pinatubo , 3.35 Hello Youmzain , 4.40 The Grand Visir. 40 pence win Lucky 15

By *heeky paulMan
over a year ago

South

[Removed by poster at 20/06/20 04:50:37]

By *heeky paulMan
over a year ago

South

Pinatubo relish cut in the ground.

Only bet of week