Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are you a gardener?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am not monty don yet, but recently I have been planting things on the balcony with different flowers. I will make it really nice with diffent colours, it is fun

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I am not monty don yet, but recently I have been planting things on the balcony with different flowers. I will make it really nice with diffent colours, it is fun "

I want to watch you do the full monty.

over a year ago

"I am not monty don yet, but recently I have been planting things on the balcony with different flowers. I will make it really nice with diffent colours, it is fun

I want to watch you do the full monty."

That is a fun one to do too lol.

over a year ago

Not really

I dug all the borders out and a decent sized area that was used for growing veg by the pervious owner and put 2.5 tonne of slate down instead. Can’t be bothered with the constant ing so wanted it super low maintenance.

Have got a few sunflowers planted though

I Also make sure the grass is well maintained which has been a battle as the previous owner didn’t bother much. Full of s and that awful sandy colour. Pretty much got it under control now, something positive to come out of all this lockdown restrictions I suppose

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I made a raised bed at the start of lockdown. It’s full of vegetables that are shooting up now.

I’m loving it.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

I would really enjoy gardening if only I had the time.

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

I am a closer gardener. Love it.

My late mum was an amazing gardener. We used to sit in her back garden & talk plants. Miss that.

MsD

By *irewolffMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Closet gardener even!!

Lol

over a year ago

I've left mine wild to attract bees and butterflies. But it just looks a bit of a mess so I'm not sure what to do with it. The grass is higher than the few flowers. If I mow it the flowers will be eaten by the mower.

over a year ago

"Not really

I dug all the borders out and a decent sized area that was used for growing veg by the pervious owner and put 2.5 tonne of slate down instead. Can’t be bothered with the constant ing so wanted it super low maintenance.

Have got a few sunflowers planted though

I Also make sure the grass is well maintained which has been a battle as the previous owner didn’t bother much. Full of s and that awful sandy colour. Pretty much got it under control now, something positive to come out of all this lockdown restrictions I suppose "

That is good and good area as well, it is alot to do isnt it and as well to maintain to look the best too? I like sunflowers too and might get one or 2 of them

over a year ago

Nope.

We even managed to kill Cacti.

By *ave-and-LouiseCouple
over a year ago

Torquay

We try. Some things do well. Got a few blueberries and strawberries growing ok... The rest is pretty hit and miss. We seem to get a LOT of slugs and snails and despite our best efforts to keep them away, they do like munching our plants.

over a year ago

I love my bit of garden..

The front patch is for attracting bees and butterflies

The back bit is full of pots planted up with flowers, climbers and succulents... I've even managed to put a small pond in there with water irises

over a year ago

"I made a raised bed at the start of lockdown. It’s full of vegetables that are shooting up now.

I’m loving it. "

That is good, it is also fun to grow vegetables

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

I’m no Charlie Dimmock but Since lockdown I’ve been planting loads and my garden is looking a lot nicer...

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I got my boarder planted with shrubs recently and six pots too. I’ve the greenest grass on the estate too lol.

over a year ago

"I would really enjoy gardening if only I had the time. "
That is good you would and yes you have to have alot of time to it as well.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes I'm a gardener. I have a lot of flowers and hanging baskets and a lot of vegetables growing. I'm going to be pickling cucumbers today because I've got so many surplus to requirements

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

Love gardening

. Find it relaxing specially when all ed trimmed and strimmed then sit in the sun listening to sound of running water in my pond ..k

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

Yes I am. It's the main thing that's kept me sane during lockdown. But now I'm running out of things to do with it

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

I always mowed etc kept it tidy but during lockdown I've bought pots n grew stuff its lovely to see

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Nothing I like better than pottering around in my garden. It's a great way to relax and forget about the worlds troubles. I have strawberries and tomato plants on the go. Plenty of bushes for bird and insect cover. Also have a nice tree which is a main feature. Plenty of bird feeders. Bird bath gets busy sometimes!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm a very dedicated gardener, loving to grow things that are challenging. I especially love getting great fragrances into the air around me.

By *ohnjones3210Man
over a year ago

Chester

Yeah!

I love doing it. For me, it's escapism.

I have 5 rows in my back garden. I grow peas, sweetcorn, beetroot, swede, broccoli, cabbage, etc.

In the greenhouse, I have basil, coriander and tomatoes. The smell is amazing.

over a year ago

I do a bit of bush trimming, lawn mowing and border control.

I do have an allotment though. Anyone want a courgette? I have them coming out my....

over a year ago

"I am a closer gardener. Love it.

My late mum was an amazing gardener. We used to sit in her back garden & talk plants. Miss that.

MsD"

That is good and yes, you can do lots of amazing things in the garden too

over a year ago

A gardener....not really no. I was asked to help out one day at work with some ground maintenance. Asked by the boss "can you get on with clearing that flower bed".

Apparently "clearing" the flower bed wasn't exactly what was required.....

over a year ago

I’m sort of a gardener, I like growing things that I can eat so my garden is full of fruit and veg with three odd flower here or there

By *amescoupleCouple
over a year ago

north walsham

lockdown gardens seem to be a thing. We sorted ours out, planted some veg and strawberries in some planters. Recent rain might have done in most of the veg but the strawberries are fine and delicious. Just waiting for September as we want to plant a lot of climbing roses on the trellis fencing we put up.

over a year ago

"I've left mine wild to attract bees and butterflies. But it just looks a bit of a mess so I'm not sure what to do with it. The grass is higher than the few flowers. If I mow it the flowers will be eaten by the mower. "
That is good too. I have also noticed that I got some wild life, it is fun too see

By *palWoman
over a year ago

The Bermuda Triangle in Suffolk

I have loved gardening for many years.My honeysuckle and jasmine are full of scent and currently looking at it now whilst the thunder lightning and heavy downpour is going on. Have lots of pots and and water barrel with fountain. Occasionally see a hedgehog and love watching the birds on my bird feeder,wish I could do something about the pesky collared doves who eat like there's no tomorrow!!

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

T is sort of. He grows plants for a living. I leave the garden to him as I find s pretty.

J x

over a year ago

I/we love gardening. We have several trees, lots of shrubs and climbers, about 15 pots with a variety of bedding plants, succulants, shrubs. A small water feature with lots of plants in it and a gunera around it plus an area of wild flowers. We have a fair sized lawn and patio area. Hubby has recently made a veg plot from an unused area of garden, we are growing potatoes, broad beans, runner beans, courgettes, sweetcorn, pumpkins, rhubarb, several fruit trees and shrubs, tomatoes, chilli, strawberries

over a year ago

"We try. Some things do well. Got a few blueberries and strawberries growing ok... The rest is pretty hit and miss. We seem to get a LOT of slugs and snails and despite our best efforts to keep them away, they do like munching our plants. "
That is good to get those berries and animals too

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I love my garden! It’s split into sections - kitchen patio garden with one of those outdoor rattan day beds, south facing deck with a table and chairs and south west facing scorchio sun spot with a 3 seater swing. Almost all of my plants are in pots so I change them round from time to time. It’s completely private and very quiet ... I love it

over a year ago

"I love my bit of garden..

The front patch is for attracting bees and butterflies

The back bit is full of pots planted up with flowers, climbers and succulents... I've even managed to put a small pond in there with water irises "

That is good with a bit of a mix in there that attracts different things

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Gardening is very therapeutic for me. I’m building a three tiered raised bed for tomatoes, green onion, bell peppers and jalapeños.

I also have 22 orchids and I’ve just ordered my first vanilla bean orchids.

By *zoreanMan
over a year ago

Witney

I may not be the best gardener but I'll plow your soil before giving you my seed

over a year ago

I'm an accidental gardener. I have no idea what I'm doing, I just plant stuff and it lives or dies. Helps if I remember to water it, which I'm getting better at, and even feed. Plants need food, ffs?

My neighbour is a garden guru, flower displays especially, and she is truly amazing. She gave me some plants which I put in baskets and tubs and now feel duty bound to look after them....Another neighbour recently said he thought gardening must be my thing....kill me now..

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"We try. Some things do well. Got a few blueberries and strawberries growing ok... The rest is pretty hit and miss. We seem to get a LOT of slugs and snails and despite our best efforts to keep them away, they do like munching our plants. "
have you tried small plastic trays filled with beer I put them around my runner beans the slugs go for the beer and drown the rain might dilute the beer a bit but seems to still attract the slugs just top the trays up now and again with cheap beer.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I love gardens, plants and flowers but hate gardening.

We just have grass.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

Normally I’d have an allotment brimming with veggies by now but it’s full of w.eeds because I’m shielding and not allowed out. I did sow quite a few veggies at home in the garden but that didn’t work out.......bloody chickens!

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

Low maintenance gardener.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I'm a reluctant gardener, I don't enjoy it but I do like it to look tidy and kept so the hedges are cut, lawn always short, borders dug and raked and all fallen leaves etc swept up and in the garden waste bin

By *lint-EverhardMan
over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I once got really good at hydroponics, in a previous Life. Now I'm an accedental gardener too. I made beer money from mowing lawns for 20 yrs and have qualifications in landscaping and garden design. I'm looking for an untrimmed lady garden to work on with aspirations of a green shamrock creshendo. Pm me if there's any takers

over a year ago

Good gardening skills everyone

Post new Message to Thread