Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A sit down restaurant meal

Jump to newest

By *aomilatte OP   Couple
over a year ago

Midlands

God how we’d love an Indian. Our first when the restaurants open is going to go down so well. What’s going to be your first meal?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

that sounds amazing OP

mine shall be tapas.. alllllll of the tapas

Px

over a year ago

I'm so excited for restaurants and bars to be open again.

I was talking about this with a mate the other night - we just want to go to our favourite Italian and eat amazing pizza and salads before going to our favourite cocktail bar.

I'm sooooooooo over cooking

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Lebanese or steak, depends on who I go with. I'm guessing I'll be making up for lost time when restaurants do reopen and visiting all of my favourites (purely to support independent local businesses of course!).

By *ustyshowoffCouple
over a year ago

Cyprus

Restaurants and bars are open again here in Cyprus and it’s great having our freedom back.

Thankfully people here abided by the rules of a much stricter lockdown and now we get the rewards

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

My local pub for a carvery date on the patio

over a year ago

"Lebanese or steak, depends on who I go with. I'm guessing I'll be making up for lost time when restaurants do reopen and visiting all of my favourites (purely to support independent local businesses of course!)."

There is an amazing Lebanese round the corner from me.

I can't wait to go back there

over a year ago

Definitely Spanish tapas.

Although iv really enjoyed making my own.

over a year ago

Fed up of Indian lol

over a year ago

Nando’s for me.. extra extra hot chicken butterfly with spicy rice and salad...

By *luebellRacerCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

"God how we’d love an Indian. Our first when the restaurants open is going to go down so well. What’s going to be your first meal?"

Yes! Give me all the dishes and dips! Pass the popadoms!

over a year ago

Can’t wait for this to be allowed, means I can go back to work!

over a year ago

"Fed up of Indian lol "

How about a nice kebab then.

over a year ago

Love Indian food,glad when can eat in again!

over a year ago

"God how we’d love an Indian. Our first when the restaurants open is going to go down so well. What’s going to be your first meal?"

Definitely Indian for me too with a nan as big as a house please... even drooling over a draught pint of Cobra with it and I don't even like lager.

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

Prefer take away. Not a restaurant person

over a year ago

To be fair I don’t think we have missed anything in terms of food. It has been good to take time out and make quality food at home.... plus we have had all the indian food we want at home so far lol and it’s been hot lol

over a year ago

"To be fair I don’t think we have missed anything in terms of food. It has been good to take time out and make quality food at home.... plus we have had all the indian food we want at home so far lol and it’s been hot lol "

Yes we've been the same really.

Its the social aspect of food we have missed.

over a year ago

I think it more the dressing up that we have missed and going out and not having to wash lol if anything

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

All my favourite restaurants have been doing delivery during lockdown so I'm not really missing a specific food. However I am missing the family social occasions that we would have had a meal out for. I miss being sat around a table with them at the end of a meal and having a laugh over the last of our drinks.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Happy with an outdoor picnic in good company. After that a good Italian is on my list

over a year ago

"All my favourite restaurants have been doing delivery during lockdown so I'm not really missing a specific food. However I am missing the family social occasions that we would have had a meal out for. I miss being sat around a table with them at the end of a meal and having a laugh over the last of our drinks. "

Yes this is what I’ve really missed. Had a few nights on zoom with friends but it’s so not the same. Can’t wait to go for a proper night out!

over a year ago

Full Chinese banquet

over a year ago

There’s a Lebanese restaurant near me that is my absolute favourite! I can’t wait to go. I love being sat around a table surrounded by friends sharing good food and wine

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Torn between an Italian and a superb fish restaurant we know.

Probably be Italian comfort food.

over a year ago

Much the same as yourselves op, straight to my local Indian, The Bengal Brasserie, for lamb phal and a Tiger beer

over a year ago

Gotta be Italian for me,

By *andyladMan
over a year ago

Hereorthere

Cosmos I reckon are due a visit

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

I miss getting dressed up to go out. I do make an effort at home on the weekend but it's not the same. And I'm so sick of cooking.

We have had 2 takeouts from a Greek place but that's about it.

So yes, looking forward to Greek, or tapas or nice Italian.

Jo x

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Agreed. Nothing better than a good sit in curry, especially in Glasgow so many good ones. Pint of cobra or kingfisher to wash it down. (Drools) Can't wait.

over a year ago

"Agreed. Nothing better than a good sit in curry, especially in Glasgow so many good ones. Pint of cobra or kingfisher to wash it down. (Drools) Can't wait. "

Went to Madha Indian restaurant last year when I was in Glasgow for a weekend with my son ... great food

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Ours will be curry too! Our favourite re-opened for takeaway so we had 1 on Saturday - best meal of lockdown!!

J x

By *oingMan
over a year ago

co. antrim

Steak and a pint please

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"To be fair I don’t think we have missed anything in terms of food. It has been good to take time out and make quality food at home.... plus we have had all the indian food we want at home so far lol and it’s been hot lol "

Same here , the extra time has been enjoyed cooking more. Perfected our Corriander naans during lockdown ! Been making Indian, Turkish, Italian mostly but looking forward to a nice tapas when it opens

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Agreed. Nothing better than a good sit in curry, especially in Glasgow so many good ones. Pint of cobra or kingfisher to wash it down. (Drools) Can't wait.

Went to Madha Indian restaurant last year when I was in Glasgow for a weekend with my son ... great food "

Never been to that one need to give it a try! There's so many.

over a year ago

Wife had a lovely bit of beef and I had cod in chili sauce on Saturday in a restaurant and it was lovely.

T

By *hat BlokeMan
over a year ago

Harrogate

Chinese or Indian would be my first choice lol

over a year ago

"Steak and a pint please"

Deff steak and a pint for me too

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

There's restaurants from pretty much every country known to man just over the road from me, but although I rarely use them and prefer cooking ma own stuff, I'm gonna take a few mates to a wonderful Greek place if I can manage to book a table

over a year ago

Love Greek food and culture and history and wine. Love the amazing blue skies, and looking around the ancient ruined places, and the lovely cats. Once bought a full donner kebab for all the cats in ancient agora in Rhodes, they loved it, never seen so many happy cats purring away, lovely to see them so happy.

over a year ago

Mine will be a roast beef dinner. The place we go does the best beef ever imo

over a year ago

Fish

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

First meal will probably be Fazenda with my wonderful loved ones where I shall enjoy a lot of steak and a lot of delicious salads.

Second, I'm going to The Ivy and having lobster linguine on a long overdue date and really treat myself both in terms of company and food. I can't wait.

over a year ago

I can’t see past a curry

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

I rarely go for a lot of meals out in my home town as most of the places worth eating at need to be booked a week or two in advance, and I tend to be fairly last minute when it comes to that kind of thing. Plus I've nobody to go out for meals with these days anyway

...However one of the unexpected effects of lockdown is I've been getting some nice food in to cook myself. I've found a great fish delivery guy who would normally be doing 90% of his sales to restaurants and as a result been enjoying a dozen large fresh scallops for £9 every week, sea bass, the skate wings are almost being given away, they're so cheap. I'm definitely filling my boots whilst I can. I'm pleased to say I've pretty much mastered cooking scallops now and if I was eating them in a restaurant I'd probably be grumbling that they're not done right!

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Oh I really can't wait to sit at a table in a resteraunt and be served food cooked by someone other than me.

I really dont care what it is!

Bring it on!

By *ngel_vs_devil33Woman
over a year ago

i’ll let you know

I’ve promised the kids I’d take them out for steak, I’m just looking forward to not cooking or the cleaning up after,

over a year ago

Definitely Indian

over a year ago

Yeah imagine the Chinese or Indian buffet now ? It's fucked and any nobshiners coughing over the chupatis or poppadoms is gonna get battered with a samosa

Post new Message to Thread