Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dogs in graveyards

Jump to newest

By *ensual-dominant-passion OP   Man
over a year ago

sheffield

Yesterday I went to a grave yard to visit my nans grave and place some flowers... I saw someone walk past with a lead in his hand but no dog... the dog was loose and running around the grave yard as I was looking at the dog.. it started to pee behind a grave stone... I was just shocked if that had been my nans grave... I would have gone nuts!!

Personally I don’t think it’s a place you should allow your dog to run free.. it’s disrespectful not blaming the dog at all.. I love dogs I just see it as a sign of disrespect from the owners and to be honest I have seen many people taking their dogs for a walk in a graveyard but they don’t put a lead on them.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Quite right

over a year ago

Graveyards around my way all have signs to say dogs must be kept on leads.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"Yesterday I went to a grave yard to visit my nans grave and place some flowers... I saw someone walk past with a lead in his hand but no dog... the dog was loose and running around the grave yard as I was looking at the dog.. it started to pee behind a grave stone... I was just shocked if that had been my nans grave... I would have gone nuts!!

Personally I don’t think it’s a place you should allow your dog to run free.. it’s disrespectful not blaming the dog at all.. I love dogs I just see it as a sign of disrespect from the owners and to be honest I have seen many people taking their dogs for a walk in a graveyard but they don’t put a lead on them.

"

I agree with you I would never take my dog to a graveyard as he would probably pee on every grave as that’s what dogs do ..Not the dogs fault it’s up to owners to use there brains...

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

They’re usually banned. Folk are stupid.

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

I used to have to walk my two through one but would always put them on the lead. Aside from the gravestone issue, it’s a public building, kind of like a school...we shouldn’t have loose dogs around there.

over a year ago

Nope. If you take the dog to the cemetery, keep your pooch on a lead. Nobody wants to go visit a loved one's grave, only to step in a steaming pile of dogshit. Why would you want to take a dog to a graveyard anyway??? It would be like taking a kid to a conference on nuclear physics!

over a year ago

Unspeakably disrespectful, there's some serious morons out there,!

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

Sign of the times I think. Graveyards were always a place for remembrance and reflection, not recreation. It's so easy to just keep dogs on a lead there's really no excuse. I don't have a problem with them being there if they're under control (& on a lead).

Seemed to be a thing here a while ago for children to play in them as well, including ball games. I did find that disrespectful, as they just called on when people were visiting graves.

Post new Message to Thread