Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Panic attacks

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Bloody horrible things

Does anyone else have to spend days recovering after one? Does it completely wipe you out? I feel like I've been hit by a train.

I'm not looking for sympathy or pity, just think they should be talked about more. Feel free to share your experiences, there's no judgement here

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

About two years ago, I was going through a rough patch, won't get into it in detail, but I had two rather major panic attacks, It felt like my chest was being crushed, I ended up rolling about on the floor uncontrollably, tore my t-shirt clean off, my partner tried to hold me still and I had to beg her to let go as my chest was being crushed.

Was horrible on both occasions, thankfully I haven't had anything like that again.

More recently, due to situation at my work, and with world pandemic I've been getting anxiety in form of gagging/choking, it isn't nice either, but manageable.

I hope anyone on here who is having a run of these kind of things are able to talk about it, as it does help.

Loving kind thoughts to all

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Yes. They drain me for days. Horrible. I feel you. Take it easy and be gentle on yourself.

Jo.Xx

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

Yes. Wipes me out physically and mentally for a good few days.

over a year ago

Aye. I have PTSD so I have triggers that can bring one on.

For twelve years up until a couple of months ago, Simply The Best by Tina Turner (yeah that sounds weird!) was a big trigger, all I'd need to do is unexpectedly hear a couple of notes and boom - panic attack. I'm getting through it though, I turned on the radio a couple of weeks ago when it was on and got through it, even managed to sing along to it. Baby steps!

over a year ago

"Bloody horrible things

Does anyone else have to spend days recovering after one? Does it completely wipe you out? I feel like I've been hit by a train.

I'm not looking for sympathy or pity, just think they should be talked about more. Feel free to share your experiences, there's no judgement here "

We’re all emotional creatures here largely compassionate I’m not good with words I’m sure others will have the right spark

over a year ago

"About two years ago, I was going through a rough patch, won't get into it in detail, but I had two rather major panic attacks, It felt like my chest was being crushed, I ended up rolling about on the floor uncontrollably, tore my t-shirt clean off, my partner tried to hold me still and I had to beg her to let go as my chest was being crushed.

Was horrible on both occasions, thankfully I haven't had anything like that again.

More recently, due to situation at my work, and with world pandemic I've been getting anxiety in form of gagging/choking, it isn't nice either, but manageable.

I hope anyone on here who is having a run of these kind of things are able to talk about it, as it does help.

Loving kind thoughts to all "

over a year ago

"Yes. They drain me for days. Horrible. I feel you. Take it easy and be gentle on yourself.

Jo.Xx "

I'm having a lazy day, I think I pushed myself too hard yesterday and now I'm paying for it.

over a year ago

"Yes. Wipes me out physically and mentally for a good few days. "

Mental exhaustion can worse than physical sometimes I think

over a year ago

"Aye. I have PTSD so I have triggers that can bring one on.

For twelve years up until a couple of months ago, Simply The Best by Tina Turner (yeah that sounds weird!) was a big trigger, all I'd need to do is unexpectedly hear a couple of notes and boom - panic attack. I'm getting through it though, I turned on the radio a couple of weeks ago when it was on and got through it, even managed to sing along to it. Baby steps!"

Sounds awful I can relate slightly and know something about hard it can be.

Baby steps are great, I've had that a lot said to me recently too.

Thank you for sharing

over a year ago

"Bloody horrible things

I'm not looking for sympathy or pity, just think they should be talked about more. Feel free to share your experiences, there's no judgement here

We’re all emotional creatures here largely compassionate I’m not good with words I’m sure others will have the right spark "

over a year ago

"Aye. I have PTSD so I have triggers that can bring one on.

For twelve years up until a couple of months ago, Simply The Best by Tina Turner (yeah that sounds weird!) was a big trigger, all I'd need to do is unexpectedly hear a couple of notes and boom - panic attack. I'm getting through it though, I turned on the radio a couple of weeks ago when it was on and got through it, even managed to sing along to it. Baby steps!

Sounds awful I can relate slightly and know something about hard it can be.

Baby steps are great, I've had that a lot said to me recently too.

Thank you for sharing "

I'm glad I'm making progress on it now. E4 currently has an advert with that particular song on

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

Depends if I have a "little flutter" of a panick attack. Or a full blown out of body type. The latter can take around 24 hours to cone out if the fetique (sp). - fem.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

I've had spells of them in my life, not for a long time now but they were exhausting and confusing. Loss of control is horrible.

Hugs OP. All of 'em

over a year ago

"Depends if I have a "little flutter" of a panick attack. Or a full blown out of body type. The latter can take around 24 hours to cone out if the fetique (sp). - fem. "

over a year ago

"I've had spells of them in my life, not for a long time now but they were exhausting and confusing. Loss of control is horrible.

Hugs OP. All of 'em "

back at you xx

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Sending you hugs Sparkles - I hope you recover quickly x

over a year ago

Sparkles have you ever seen Dad's Army?

In the immortal Words of Corporal? I forget his name.

(Clive Dunn was his real name)

"DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC"!

You should see him it may give you a laugh.

Should be clips on You Tube.

over a year ago

"Sending you hugs Sparkles - I hope you recover quickly x "

Thank you DC

over a year ago

"Sparkles have you ever seen Dad's Army?

Should be clips on You Tube. "

Love Dad's army! Will have to put it on later, thanks boss xx

over a year ago

I’m lucky Madame Sparkles as mine may last a minute or maybe a matter of hours and are normally at night or very early morning and I just deal with them by myself so they don’t affect my wife or kids or Henry the dog.

Mine always come out of left field but once I get to sleep I wake up ok.

I hope you can learn to cope with your attacks op and you have my full sympathy as they are horrid spells of shittyness that really needs to fuck off out of it.

Stay safe

T

over a year ago

I suffer with PTSD, so have a fair few.

Alls I can offer is a hug and a snug and to tell you that you’re awesome and you will overcome soon enough. Inbox if you need it, my lovely x

over a year ago

I've been lucky enough to only suffer a couple during the night, a good few years ago now. I can't remember what recovery was like, it blended in with the general new baby, sleep deprived fug.

I hope you're feeling loads better very soon, Sparkles, big hugs.

By *interfoxWoman
over a year ago

maesteg

Take it easy op lazy day, when I have had one I take my blanket on the sofa and cuddle it and watch something on TV.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes. I've overcome mine, but I well remember and I still fight to fend them off. Happy to help. You'll get through this, it's fucking hard, but you're a tough one.

over a year ago

I didn't think I had panic attacks, I've had a few rough years and I thought what was happening was anxiety caused by grief, however, last year during a visit to the catacombs in Italy I had what I now know what a panic attack. It was horrible, I thought I was having a heart attack and I felt wiped out for a few days. Since then the thought of being in an enclosed space puts fear into my heart and head. So I guess I have claustrophobia which I didn't know until I was in that ruddy tunnel!

I have a bad habit of holding my breath during one, so as long as I realise what's happening and remember to breath it passes a little easier.

I can empathize with you OP, they are horrible! I hope you can overcome them xx

over a year ago

"Sparkles have you ever seen Dad's Army?

Should be clips on You Tube.

Love Dad's army! Will have to put it on later, thanks boss xx"

Thanks love, it was sent wishing you well.

Post new Message to Thread