Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How often do you cry ladies n gents?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Seriously. I well up easy these days especially in films of violence and abuse but that is why I well up easy. Does it bother me? Not anymore. I had a major meltdown about my past..don t want sympathies, i ve learned to deal with it day to day. The first day I publicly, in a city centre, mid saturday, cried my heart out was when I heard someone playing second movement of Rodriguez guitar concerto. It hit me like a freight train. Forgot it even existed tbh..blocked it for good reason as it turned out. A close friend said put your sunglasses on and slowly leave. My answer was no fk that! They re my tears, My story and that day I stopped being ashamed of my tears. The piece of music was my studies during the height of my abuse. I bought the cd straight off and listened to it til my tears were finished..took weeks. Now I ve rekindled my love of it. So cmon peeps, how often do you cry and how does it make you feel because let me tell ya...TEARS ARE A GOOD THING..THEY CLEANSE AND CLEAR!xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ll cry when Liverpool win the premier league and they won’t be tears of joy

over a year ago

"I’ll cry when Liverpool win the premier league and they won’t be tears of joy "

Hahaha

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

I probably cry at least once a week!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

rarely. I do well up at sad things and last week when an elderly gentleman that we know died I shed a tear for his wife but I don't cry easily.

It doesn't mean I don't feel as deeply as people who do cry though

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

Maybe once a week. This week, twice.

over a year ago

I always find your posts so refreshing!

I cry most days. I'm depressed. I'm OK though. A good cry always makes me feel a little better.

over a year ago

"Seriously. I well up easy these days especially in films of violence and abuse but that is why I well up easy. Does it bother me? Not anymore. I had a major meltdown about my past..don t want sympathies, i ve learned to deal with it day to day. The first day I publicly, in a city centre, mid saturday, cried my heart out was when I heard someone playing second movement of Rodriguez guitar concerto. It hit me like a freight train. Forgot it even existed tbh..blocked it for good reason as it turned out. A close friend said put your sunglasses on and slowly leave. My answer was no fk that! They re my tears, My story and that day I stopped being ashamed of my tears. The piece of music was my studies during the height of my abuse. I bought the cd straight off and listened to it til my tears were finished..took weeks. Now I ve rekindled my love of it. So cmon peeps, how often do you cry and how does it make you feel because let me tell ya...TEARS ARE A GOOD THING..THEY CLEANSE AND CLEAR!xx "

Awwwwww hey

I can be a squakker at times..

The events of the past couple of weeks and lockdown had me crying. Just frustrated at the pain in the world at the moment... Not having seen my sons in over 12 weeks is upsetting

I'm an empathist, I can read peoples emotions and tboughts and can sense when their emotions are heightened or when they are about to hit a crisis.

The girls at work hate it, because I sense when one isn't happy and it causes the floodgates to open I listen and calm them so of course I do take an emotional battering but that is ok, they know I am a safe place, I'm glad I can do it.

I hate seeing other people cry, I feel it like am emotional pain, people get embarrassed by it and they really shouldn't, you are showing humanity at base level.

I wish emotional intelligence was something that was explored further in education. Kids have to kind of figure it out themselves rather than work through it controlled

over a year ago

I cry a lot at the moment, mostly from being homesick and broken hearted! I feel better once I’ve got the boohoos out though then I’m good to go again

over a year ago

I cried earlier this evening.. i was watching a programme and was so overwhelmed by it ...

I actually cry a lot as i think it helps me to feel less overwhelmed by everything thats going on atm

over a year ago

"Seriously. I well up easy these days especially in films of violence and abuse but that is why I well up easy. Does it bother me? Not anymore. I had a major meltdown about my past..don t want sympathies, i ve learned to deal with it day to day. The first day I publicly, in a city centre, mid saturday, cried my heart out was when I heard someone playing second movement of Rodriguez guitar concerto. It hit me like a freight train. Forgot it even existed tbh..blocked it for good reason as it turned out. A close friend said put your sunglasses on and slowly leave. My answer was no fk that! They re my tears, My story and that day I stopped being ashamed of my tears. The piece of music was my studies during the height of my abuse. I bought the cd straight off and listened to it til my tears were finished..took weeks. Now I ve rekindled my love of it. So cmon peeps, how often do you cry and how does it make you feel because let me tell ya...TEARS ARE A GOOD THING..THEY CLEANSE AND CLEAR!xx

Awwwwww hey

I can be a squakker at times..

The events of the past couple of weeks and lockdown had me crying. Just frustrated at the pain in the world at the moment... Not having seen my sons in over 12 weeks is upsetting

I'm an empathist, I can read peoples emotions and tboughts and can sense when their emotions are heightened or when they are about to hit a crisis.

The girls at work hate it, because I sense when one isn't happy and it causes the floodgates to open I listen and calm them so of course I do take an emotional battering but that is ok, they know I am a safe place, I'm glad I can do it.

I hate seeing other people cry, I feel it like am emotional pain, people get embarrassed by it and they really shouldn't, you are showing humanity at base level.

I wish emotional intelligence was something that was explored further in education. Kids have to kind of figure it out themselves rather than work through it controlled

"

Yeah I hear ya on empathic front..living in the woods alone for 2 years shifted my consciousness a hell of a lot...I find the only place I truly relax is around my trees in solitude...its something Im still learning as my emotional connection is far higher with mother nature than it is human...

over a year ago

last time i let a few tears out was jan 2013,,,cant remember before then

i have heard its good to cry tho...

over a year ago

I cried watching walking dead... poor rick

I do cry more recently, I put it down to more stress

over a year ago

"I always find your posts so refreshing!

I cry most days. I'm depressed. I'm OK though. A good cry always makes me feel a little better. "

I think the refreshing part is good lol...I hope so...tears are fantastic and the quickest exit from heartbreak...oh yeah it can get messy but the alternative is the troubles linger far longer....remember after every rain shower theres suns_ine..see natures telling you how great tears are..the sky may cry but she soon ups and s_ines and all is well

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

DIY SOS

Blub central.

Mr M

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Every time I watch The Repair Shop. Lol

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Daily

over a year ago

"I cry a lot at the moment, mostly from being homesick and broken hearted! I feel better once I’ve got the boohoos out though then I’m good to go again "

Shed em and heal girl..this will pass.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

In the past couple of years or so, I'm far more open with crying. It's a cathartic release for me and if I don't I get all pent up and feel physically ill. Right now, maybe once/twice a week? Not for long by any stretch of the imagination, just a few minutes. I normally feel better for it and can think more clearly.

over a year ago

Not that often. I cry because of music. I cry when I feel angry or helpless. I hardly cry when I'm sad.

By *iger1980Man
over a year ago

cambridge

To be honest, every time I think of how I couldn’t be with my dad before he passed away. Huge waves of grief and guilt, then almost here him telling me to pull myself together and just make him proud.

By *zoreanMan
over a year ago

Witney

Does it count when I touch myself at night?

over a year ago

Rarely these days. I think the last time was when my father died, that was 8 months ago.

over a year ago

"DIY SOS

Blub central.

Mr M "

Ah hell....DIY SOS has got me a few times though not seen it for a few years..to see the smiles after so much tragedy...heart melts...its not work if at the end of the day you ve given a large and beautiful smile...for me anyways.

over a year ago

I don't cry often, but when I do, it's work related

over a year ago

"Does it count when I touch myself at night? "

is it not responding lolol?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It comes and goes. Not a lot at the moment, it's been weeks probably. Sometimes multiple episodes a day, and anything in between.

It is powerful as catharsis although it can also be self perpetuating.

Of late I've found more catharsis in music. I sing my emotions (or listen to them more now, my lungs aren't playing ball yet)

over a year ago

"I don't cry often, but when I do, it's work related "

Ok...I won t ask

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

Too often lately. I need to try and toughen up again but it's a fine line. I ended up in counselling because I wasn't letting folk past the walls. But when I did I ended up with more reasons to cry. Maybe I'll find a happy medium eventually. Till then I'll switch between calous uncaring b*tch and soggy mess

By *zoreanMan
over a year ago

Witney

"Does it count when I touch myself at night?

is it not responding lolol?"

Feel lonely

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

I'm a grown man, so I cry whenever I want to.

over a year ago

"It comes and goes. Not a lot at the moment, it's been weeks probably. Sometimes multiple episodes a day, and anything in between.

It is powerful as catharsis although it can also be self perpetuating.

Of late I've found more catharsis in music. I sing my emotions (or listen to them more now, my lungs aren't playing ball yet)"

I often dance my emotions..its my healing..contemporary stuff with emotion will often bring a few on but it makes the dance more powerful...music is the rhythm of the soul..so keep listening

over a year ago

"I'm a grown man, so I cry whenever I want to.

"

I like that point.

Nobody telling you anymore: boys dont cry?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I like that point.

Nobody telling you anymore: boys dont cry? "

I'll be glad when that crap vanishes. Men and boys have emotions and this is a good thing.

By *ensual-dominant-passionMan
over a year ago

sheffield

When I’m about to prep food.. cutting onions makes me weep

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I like that point.

Nobody telling you anymore: boys dont cry? "

Big boys do cry....

over a year ago

"Too often lately. I need to try and toughen up again but it's a fine line. I ended up in counselling because I wasn't letting folk past the walls. But when I did I ended up with more reasons to cry. Maybe I'll find a happy medium eventually. Till then I'll switch between calous uncaring b*tch and soggy mess "

I understand this only too well..I have squaddie mode when things get real bad and everyone knows when my personality has made an emergency switch as empath goes and ice cold discipline moves in and sticks around til the shits passed then over time I ll switch back...confuses the fk outta me and everyone else sometimes but they know I split..all two of my friends

over a year ago

I like that point.

I'll be glad when that crap vanishes. Men and boys have emotions and this is a good thing."

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Too often lately. I need to try and toughen up again but it's a fine line. I ended up in counselling because I wasn't letting folk past the walls. But when I did I ended up with more reasons to cry. Maybe I'll find a happy medium eventually. Till then I'll switch between calous uncaring b*tch and soggy mess

I understand this only too well..I have squaddie mode when things get real bad and everyone knows when my personality has made an emergency switch as empath goes and ice cold discipline moves in and sticks around til the shits passed then over time I ll switch back...confuses the fk outta me and everyone else sometimes but they know I split..all two of my friends "

I have a similar split. I'm not sure it's always a good thing.

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

"Too often lately. I need to try and toughen up again but it's a fine line. I ended up in counselling because I wasn't letting folk past the walls. But when I did I ended up with more reasons to cry. Maybe I'll find a happy medium eventually. Till then I'll switch between calous uncaring b*tch and soggy mess

I understand this only too well..I have squaddie mode when things get real bad and everyone knows when my personality has made an emergency switch as empath goes and ice cold discipline moves in and sticks around til the shits passed then over time I ll switch back...confuses the fk outta me and everyone else sometimes but they know I split..all two of my friends "

Yes this description definitely rings the bells!

over a year ago

"

Bleddy right

over a year ago

I like that point.

Big boys do cry...."

True.

Unless they dont know how.

over a year ago

I been crying all day, 493rd at Lakenheath lost a jet and the pilot died. I think at nearly 60, am pretty hard, then something like this happens... I was on base a week ago, it was very quiet.

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I love your expressive open posts mr TM!

I cry lots. We feel things deeply, express and release it through tears if that's what flows. So beautifully human. An acknowledgement of a loss, trauma, an empathy or something which stirs the heart. Once we've allowed that, we can recalibrate and reset our system. Like in the animal kingdom when a creature shivers and shakes.

I wish they taught us more about grief in our culture.. it took me alot of years to trust my tears.

X

over a year ago

Self protection mechanism? Preserve the strength for inner battles rather than investing yourself in others lives?

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

I like that point.

I'll be glad when that crap vanishes. Men and boys have emotions and this is a good thing.

"

Yep! That bullshit is *one* of the reasons the rate of male suicides is so high.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I love your expressive open posts mr TM!

I cry lots. We feel things deeply, express and release it through tears if that's what flows. So beautifully human. An acknowledgement of a loss, trauma, an empathy or something which stirs the heart. Once we've allowed that, we can recalibrate and reset our system. Like in the animal kingdom when a creature shivers and shakes.

I wish they taught us more about grief in our culture.. it took me alot of years to trust my tears.

X

"

Emotional intelligence in general, helpful rather than maladaptive responses. Letting myself trust my feelings has been a huge battle.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I like that point.

Yep! That bullshit is *one* of the reasons the rate of male suicides is so high. "

Yes. It's horrible in so many ways and increases suffering all around.

over a year ago

I understand this only too well..I have squaddie mode when things get real bad and everyone knows when my personality has made an emergency switch as empath goes and ice cold discipline moves in and sticks around til the shits passed then over time I ll switch back...confuses the fk outta me and everyone else sometimes but they know I split..all two of my friends

I have a similar split. I'm not sure it's always a good thing."

I hate squaddie mode...its literally entire shut down of my emotions which if not monitored by the little part of the other side that kinda still hangs on side stage, could hurt people around me and barely notice it. Hence I isolate a lot..the more Im with nature and not people the less call there is for squaddie..peoples judgements are often the cause..every action should expect a reaction..though I prefer not to react.

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

X

Emotional intelligence in general, helpful rather than maladaptive responses. Letting myself trust my feelings has been a huge battle."

over a year ago

X

"

Hey you..hope you re as okay as you can be. I think there is a lot that should now be taught in the years of internet and certainly lockdown situations. Grief is, like so many other understandings, something we have forgotten how to interpret, understand and deal with. Yes we are coming out of the stiff upper lip period, slowly, but for me, theres still so much to learn and nature was and can be again our teacher. The psychological link between nature and man was so powerful, many cultures teaching lessons of life to offspring using the wild world..tears are so very verybeautiful and strong.

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

X

Hey you..hope you re as okay as you can be. I think there is a lot that should now be taught in the years of internet and certainly lockdown situations. Grief is, like so many other understandings, something we have forgotten how to interpret, understand and deal with. Yes we are coming out of the stiff upper lip period, slowly, but for me, theres still so much to learn and nature was and can be again our teacher. The psychological link between nature and man was so powerful, many cultures teaching lessons of life to offspring using the wild world..tears are so very verybeautiful and strong. "

When we can handover to the wisdom of our bodies and nature states.. there lies our deep knowing. Tears that spring .. or indeed a total melt down is our innate wisdom kicking in x

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I don’t cry and I don’t know whether thats a good or bad thing?

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Ordinarily I don't cry much. Certain films or books make me ugly-cry but I'm not a big crier on the whole. I don't try to repress emotions or censor my own feelings, but I cry more often from frustration and anger than I do out of actual grief or sadness, and that doesn't happen particularly often.

Lately though, fear and stress and isolation and frustration mean I'm all over the place emotionally, and I'm crying at the drop of a hat. I try to avoid crying when it's noticeable by colleagues because I don't want them feeling they need to tiptoe around me, but otherwise I'm very honest about where my head is.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Perhaps once per week or so, it's not clockwork and depends on how I am, as well as what's going on. Proud to be human.

over a year ago

It depends week to week with me. I cry at sad films or for other people. I havnt cried for about 2 weeks now but some weeks I cry daily.

Currently coming off the pill though so I expect the floodgates to open soon!

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

nope never really, even when my a family member just died. Jobs have maybe desensitized me.

over a year ago

Can’t remember the last time I cried, but I’m a sensitive person and get emotional sometimes at the end of hear wrenching or sad films

over a year ago

"Ordinarily I don't cry much. Certain films or books make me ugly-cry but I'm not a big crier on the whole. I don't try to repress emotions or censor my own feelings, but I cry more often from frustration and anger than I do out of actual grief or sadness, and that doesn't happen particularly often.

Lately though, fear and stress and isolation and frustration mean I'm all over the place emotionally, and I'm crying at the drop of a hat. I try to avoid crying when it's noticeable by colleagues because I don't want them feeling they need to tiptoe around me, but otherwise I'm very honest about where my head is."

Hang in there, these are unusual times and for many, they re anxious times...for a majority of people spending time alone or distanced or not touching, these are things frw actually experience in normal daily life and such a prolonged time has its effects. Oxytocin is a big part of our emotional system and when things overwhelm it spikes and that in turn alters other chemicals within our body. Im thinking the relief of easoing is also whats messing many people up..the relief is going to hit people that arent prepared for it. Dont hide them, I think you ll find the majority of people have shed some during lockdown..of all genders and attitudes. Stay strong eh.

over a year ago

"I don’t cry and I don’t know whether thats a good or bad thing? "

Crying is never a bad thing, it is a built in defence system, it is a form of human emotional expression and it is a signal to others that all is not well. So its not a bad thing but many will argue its not good either, that its dibillitating or that it creates feelings of guilt and embarrassment etc..gives reason to others to judge...but if its a natural emotional response built into all humans, does that make it an act of suppression by those that dont and if yes...then surely there is a root to the suppression. Just a thought.

over a year ago

I cry very easy, through anger, frustration and being incredibly happy. I bawl watching sad films.x

By *ltrMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Last time I really let go was two years ago when my my gran daughter died all though when she was born we knew that time was short , it still hit hard

and having all this time on my own been furloughed

ive had a few down snd damp eye days having my son move back home helped untill the little shit nicks my car but still every days a winner

over a year ago

Crying is like death and sex..its something that is rarely discussed, taboo..kept behind closed doors and yet they are a part of human nature. We are programmed by peer pressure to stifle such talk and yet the world maybe a better place if it was a part of normal life.

over a year ago

Once a year maybe, it's usually a movie or a video I've seen online. In person I feel more awkward than sad in sad situations so I rarely cry at those times.

over a year ago

"Last time I really let go was two years ago when my my gran daughter died all though when she was born we knew that time was short , it still hit hard

and having all this time on my own been furloughed

ive had a few down snd damp eye days having my son move back home helped untill the little shit nicks my car but still every days a winner "

Dont hide or stifle tears as once out the body and mind settle. as for nicking your car lol

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Depends on time of month I get emotional at certain time Lol, i cry at sad films tho to lol

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

I cried like a baby watching forest gump over the weekend, definitely got more emotional since having kids, it’s always the little things which set me off

over a year ago

"I cry very easy, through anger, frustration and being incredibly happy. I bawl watching sad films.x "

Oh gawd films..yup they can rag my ass too but generally they have a link with my past, present and future. Pass me the tissue box.

over a year ago

"I cried like a baby watching forest gump over the weekend, definitely got more emotional since having kids, it’s always the little things which set me off "

Its often the finer details that cause the biggest reaction. In my opinion its because in daily normal lives we re too busy to notice or bother with detail but under lockdown many have had so much time to contemplate.

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

Usually a few times a month. Sometimes it’s external triggers like news or a film. Sometimes it’s just acknowledging a feeling inside me.

This last week a few more times as it’s been my birthday (kids and friends have been beautiful), I’ve been ill (I always feel sad when I’m ill) and overwhelmed (electric faults, boiler and fridge freezer taken out - plus not knowing how to fix it all if I had covid).

All good now...negative test so just waiting for engineers...and the bills!

over a year ago

"Usually a few times a month. Sometimes it’s external triggers like news or a film. Sometimes it’s just acknowledging a feeling inside me.

This last week a few more times as it’s been my birthday (kids and friends have been beautiful), I’ve been ill (I always feel sad when I’m ill) and overwhelmed (electric faults, boiler and fridge freezer taken out - plus not knowing how to fix it all if I had covid).

All good now...negative test so just waiting for engineers...and the bills!"

Hey...glad to hear all is good now..stay strong

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

"Usually a few times a month. Sometimes it’s external triggers like news or a film. Sometimes it’s just acknowledging a feeling inside me.

Hey...glad to hear all is good now..stay strong "

Can’t guarantee to always stay strong!! But what I enjoy about those times of vulnerability is the fact that strength always comes back. And sometimes I’ve found out something more about what makes me strong. I used to find those moments ‘were’ me, so I hated them. But now I know they are just a part of me, and I’m happy to know them.

over a year ago

Hey...glad to hear all is good now..stay strong

Can’t guarantee to always stay strong!! But what I enjoy about those times of vulnerability is the fact that strength always comes back. And sometimes I’ve found out something more about what makes me strong. I used to find those moments ‘were’ me, so I hated them. But now I know they are just a part of me, and I’m happy to know them. "

Hey I love this...in some cases the lockdown has given some time for reflection on oneself and ones life and often thats a good thing. No one can stay strong indefinately whatever they may say..irs human nature..every living creature needs rest and relief but our modern world gives us little time for us..Im lucky, was a hard learning curve but I make time and my work is my pleasure..Im blessed. Take care xx

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I cry rarely, but the last time I did was in January watching that poor Koala bear sitting waiting to die in the Australian Bushfires .

That was painful to watch poor thing

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I have cried more in the last two weeks than I have in the last decade. Starting with the murder of George Floyd and the countless other such deaths and injustices captured on bodycams, cctv etc. Cried along with a judge sentencing a paedophile to life in prison for r.api.ng two children 4 and 6. He was a teacher, parents entrusting this mild looking man with their kids.

I've been overwhelmed with evil, time to step away from YouTube.

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

I well up ever so easily, although for some reason it rarely leads to actual crying. It last happened on Saturday.

I suppose I could be holding them back for fear of being "less of a man". Even though I've had women tell me it's a good thing to show emotion, and might actually let go of something I'm clearly holding onto

over a year ago

"I cry rarely, but the last time I did was in January watching that poor Koala bear sitting waiting to die in the Australian Bushfires .

That was painful to watch poor thing "

I get more upset seeing animals suffer. I think I've seen so many people suffer that it doesn't bother me when I see it on TV .

over a year ago

I cry quite a lot at the moment. I go through phases where I won't cry and it all builds up then the flood gates open and I can't stop.

over a year ago

I cry more often than I should (my now job is a heart wrenching one)

over a year ago

I cry at sad films, things on tv etc but I very rarely cry at other ‘real’ things any more. I used to, but as it was ridiculed and seen as a weakness, I learnt to control it bit better. Now I can’t even cry when I feel I should or need to

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I cry rarely, but the last time I did was in January watching that poor Koala bear sitting waiting to die in the Australian Bushfires .

I get more upset seeing animals suffer. I think I've seen so many people suffer that it doesn't bother me when I see it on TV ."

I agree

over a year ago

"I have cried more in the last two weeks than I have in the last decade. Starting with the murder of George Floyd and the countless other such deaths and injustices captured on bodycams, cctv etc. Cried along with a judge sentencing a paedophile to life in prison for r.api.ng two children 4 and 6. He was a teacher, parents entrusting this mild looking man with their kids.

I've been overwhelmed with evil, time to step away from YouTube. "

It can be parents that inflict the hardest of lives and trauma...alas position in society and responsabilities do not necessarily make a person a good person. Internet should have rest periods as often the priority is to show the fails, the hypes..an alien watching our media, I think, would quietly tip toe away.take a break otherwise it may drag you deeper ,and as we all know, climbing a mountain is far harder than the run down. Take care.x

over a year ago

I don't cry very often, not because I see it as weak or "un-manly", think last time was November-ish.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Very seldom do i cry but cruelty to animals always leave me in floods of tears.

over a year ago

"I cry at sad films, things on tv etc but I very rarely cry at other ‘real’ things any more. I used to, but as it was ridiculed and seen as a weakness, I learnt to control it bit better. Now I can’t even cry when I feel I should or need to "

Personally I find this sad..tears should be embraced not ridiculed..they are part of being human.

over a year ago

"Very seldom do i cry but cruelty to animals always leave me in floods of tears."

Ah this is my life too as I spend more time with nature than humans and prefer its company as it is what it is..very open about itself...the creatures of this world are my chosen hanging out with friends.

over a year ago

"I cry more often than I should (my now job is a heart wrenching one) "

I hope you dont mind me asking and I ask only as I care...is it the right job for you? Not meant in any ill manner...in helping others many have lost their own selves..take care eh x

over a year ago

"I cry quite a lot at the moment. I go through phases where I won't cry and it all builds up then the flood gates open and I can't stop. "

At least its out and then your sparkles shone once again..though it is better and healthier to let it out as soon as possible...liken it to a dam built to hold back water..always under strain. X

over a year ago

"I cry more often than I should (my now job is a heart wrenching one)

I hope you dont mind me asking and I ask only as I care...is it the right job for you? Not meant in any ill manner...in helping others many have lost their own selves..take care eh x"

My job (now) is perfect for me. - I look after male domestic violence survivors (adult males and child males) and give them back their faith in the female race. What more a rewarding job is there for you gents? X

over a year ago

I hope you dont mind me asking and I ask only as I care...is it the right job for you? Not meant in any ill manner...in helping others many have lost their own selves..take care eh x

My job (now) is perfect for me. - I look after male domestic violence survivors (adult males and child males) and give them back their faith in the female race. What more a rewarding job is there for you gents? X "

Oh believe me when I say thank you...but make sure you get time to clear and enjoy you eh xx

over a year ago

I do well-up on occasions i recall the 1st clap for carers of duly note I’m proud of my emotional level

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

No idea. When someone dies.

Sometimes I might shed a year when watching an emotional film when it's done well.

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Very seldom do i cry but cruelty to animals always leave me in floods of tears."

This was what set me off on Saturday - recounting the tale of a puppy in Turkey that had his feet and tail cut off, and then abandoned on a building site.

He was rescued, and they did what they could, and even after all that he still liked people - looked at everyone with big, trusting eyes as if to say "Are you going to be my forever friend?"

He died about 3 days after his operation

And I'm in bits again typing this out....

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I get more upset seeing animals suffer. I think I've seen so many people suffer that it doesn't bother me when I see it on TV ."

I watched a YouTube clip called Central Park Karen, where a woman had her dog unleashed and a man kindly asked her to lease her dog.

She took exception to this and manhandled the dog whilst making a call to 911 saying she was being harassed by a man. When that didn't work she put on an oscar worthy performance saying she was being attacked by an African American Male.

In America where killing black men is almost a national sport most of the concerns were not for this man but how she was treating the dog.

And white people wonder why black people have had enough.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I get more upset seeing animals suffer. I think I've seen so many people suffer that it doesn't bother me when I see it on TV .

I watched a YouTube clip called Central Park Karen, where a woman had her dog unleashed and a man kindly asked her to lease her dog.

She took exception to this and manhandled the dog whilst making a call to 911 saying she was being harassed by a man. When that didn't work she put on an oscar worthy performance saying she was being attacked by an African American Male.

In America where killing black men is almost a national sport most of the concerns were not for this man but how she was treating the dog.

And white people wonder why black people have had enough. "

That made me sick to my stomach.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I cry quite easily these days. This wasn't always the case crying was forbidden in my house growing up. Crying either meant weakness or were called "crocodile tears" and would result in punishment. This ended in a whole manner of problems which I've had to deal with.

Now I'll cry at a song something I've seen on the TV, I also cry in anger and frustration. I see it as an expression of feeling. We shouldn't tell people to hide emotions, be it laughter, tears or being a bit distant. It's good to let feel and let it all out.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Not very often , at funerals , very, very rarely in anger maybe once every 5 years? But at films regularly. A dogs way home did me recently , sobbed through about an hour of it, so sad... (Mr)

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Very seldom do i cry but cruelty to animals always leave me in floods of tears.

This was what set me off on Saturday - recounting the tale of a puppy in Turkey that had his feet and tail cut off, and then abandoned on a building site.

He was rescued, and they did what they could, and even after all that he still liked people - looked at everyone with big, trusting eyes as if to say "Are you going to be my forever friend?"

And I'm in bits again typing this out.... "

That makes me sad and angry .

I would honestly stab the cunt that did that do a defenceless puppy !!

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I cry quite easily these days. This wasn't always the case crying was forbidden in my house growing up. Crying either meant weakness or were called "crocodile tears" and would result in punishment. This ended in a whole manner of problems which I've had to deal with.

Now I'll cry at a song something I've seen on the TV, I also cry in anger and frustration. I see it as an expression of feeling. We shouldn't tell people to hide emotions, be it laughter, tears or being a bit distant. It's good to let feel and let it all out. "

Suppressing emotions is so damaging. I'm sorry.

over a year ago

I cry most days, sometimes just a few little tears, but others I'm sobbing. It's all a release though, so I'm glad I can instead of keeping it all in which is what I used to do

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

My job (now) is perfect for me. - I look after male domestic violence survivors (adult males and child males) and give them back their faith in the female race. What more a rewarding job is there for you gents? X "

That sounds amazing job, but why does it make you cry ?

We both worked anti-trafficking when we were younger in Eastern Europe, did sine rescue and sine mentoring , we couldn’t use anyone who cried

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Very seldom do i cry but cruelty to animals always leave me in floods of tears.

And I'm in bits again typing this out.... That makes me sad and angry .

I would honestly stab the cunt that did that do a defenceless puppy !!"

Thanks for that, Grumpy, because I feel the same way

Unfortunately, Turkey doesn't (or at least didn't) care about animals the way we do. But it is starting to gain momentum, and this particular incident was in the run up to an election and brought the issue into sharp focus

over a year ago

I love this post OP. It's important to talk about these things with adults as well as kids I think. I'd love it if it were talked about in school, though I'm encouraged that schools do seem to be moving that way.

I've cried a fair bit the last few days, had a series of emotional biggies. Cathartic.

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

Not often - the last time being on the 2nd April, when I lost a friend through COVID-19.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

And I'm in bits again typing this out.... That makes me sad and angry .

I would honestly stab the cunt that did that do a defenceless puppy !!

Thanks for that, Grumpy, because I feel the same way

Unfortunately, Turkey doesn't (or at least didn't) care about animals the way we do. But it is starting to gain momentum, and this particular incident was in the run up to an election and brought the issue into sharp focus "

I know it's a big problem in Turkey .

A good friend of mine spends a lot of time in Turkey and sends me pics of the strays there , and I've been numerous times too and seen it first hand .

It's good that it's been bought to light

over a year ago

I leak from the eyes regularly I have a good sob every now and then and I have a full-blown cathartic release at pivotal moments. I find crying very therapeutic and it helps me to maintain a thin, sensitive skin.

over a year ago

"I leak from the eyes regularly I have a good sob every now and then and I have a full-blown cathartic release at pivotal moments. I find crying very therapeutic and it helps me to maintain a thin, sensitive skin."

You have practically taken the words off my keyboard!

Very much this!

over a year ago

Usually when I'm in the bath for some reason..

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Usually when I'm in the bath for some reason.. "

Water needs topping up?

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

More than I used to.

I think I few things more deeply these days.

By *erry PervettoMan
over a year ago

London, Milton Keynes

I feel like crying when I see someone cry.Makes me feel their pain.And also sometimes when I'm watching football or a team win a trophy.Makes me emotional,cos I wanted to be a footballer when I was young but it was not my destiny

over a year ago

Tears are a natural way your body deals with stress, regardless of gender.

I don't cry very often, I think I'm broken

over a year ago

"Usually when I'm in the bath for some reason..

Water needs topping up? "

Doesn't cover my belly and I'm cold

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"I feel like crying when I see someone cry."

That's another thing that sets me off....

Jeez, I am just an emotional wreck

over a year ago

"I’ll cry when Liverpool win the premier league and they won’t be tears of joy "

"Win the league" let's be honest... everyone knows the integrity of the league is over. #Hollow

Post new Message to Thread