Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Shops opening today,facemask on public transport

Jump to newest

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

Good morning people. Today the 15th of June 2020 ,Many shops are opened again across the country after 3 months of Lockdown,Face mask comes into Force today in Public transport

What are your thoughts and views on this.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My views? Trust nobody else. Be responsible for your own health (and wear gloves / masks etc and use sanitiser as appropriate) and assume that everyone else is going to act like a total cock.

It’s what has kept me safe through this so far!

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"My views? Trust nobody else. Be responsible for your own health (and wear gloves / masks etc and use sanitiser as appropriate) and assume that everyone else is going to act like a total cock.

It’s what has kept me safe through this so far!"

well said mate.stay safe

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"My views? Trust nobody else. Be responsible for your own health (and wear gloves / masks etc and use sanitiser as appropriate) and assume that everyone else is going to act like a total cock.

This! Had to work all the way through and this has been my way of operation.

I just want to see the Primark queue as everyone piles in lol.

over a year ago

Good luck

Let us all know how it goes.

(Man trapped in Wales)

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

It is a step forwards. The country has to get moving again.

People need to be responsible for themselves and take whatever action they feel comfortable with.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Not happening up here but hopefully soon.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

A positive step forward

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

It’s what has kept me safe through this so far!

This! Had to work all the way through and this has been my way of operation.

I just want to see the Primark queue as everyone piles in lol. "

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Good luck

Let us all know how it goes.

(Man trapped in Wales)"

hope you ok mate.

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"A positive step forward "
indeed

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Not happening up here but hopefully soon."
fingers crossed

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"It is a step forwards. The country has to get moving again.

People need to be responsible for themselves and take whatever action they feel comfortable with.

"

well said

By *w79Man
over a year ago

Stalbridge

I'm waiting to see the queues at the travel agents of disgruntled customers (especially tui) that have stuff to sort out that can only be done by store staff.

I myself am one of them.

But as I'm working & have worked all the way through the covid-19 pandemic/lock down.

There will be no point trying at a weekend.

Will probably have to use a days holiday & catch them as they open one weekday morning.

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"I'm waiting to see the queues at the travel agents of disgruntled customers (especially tui) that have stuff to sort out that can only be done by store staff.

I myself am one of them.

But as I'm working & have worked all the way through the covid-19 pandemic/lock down.

There will be no point trying at a weekend.

Will probably have to use a days holiday & catch them as they open one weekday morning. "

By *ltrMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Meadowhall having a traffic light system for entering shop how many going to jump a red light at primark today in the rush to get the shopping bug out of thier system after so long without a brown paper bag deal

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Meadowhall having a traffic light system for entering shop how many going to jump a red light at primark today in the rush to get the shopping bug out of thier system after so long without a brown paper bag deal"

By *ilverBaerMan
over a year ago

Near Camborne

Absolutely

By *olarbear73Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

No change in Scotland but good luck in England

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"No change in Scotland but good luck in England "

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The masks are way too late.

The shops are way too early.

I'm still being a hermit.

over a year ago

Too early with virus still around, no vaccine and no universal testing. Incubation period said to be 14 days so given huge numbers protesting last few weeks plus this, Im anticipating a large increase in coronavirus come July. Personally Im going nowhere. Ive been isolated since March and had everything i needed delivered so Im not mingling in crowded shops now.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Things are being rushed, unrelated to the evidence, including MPs who are pushing Johnson to cut the 2m distancing down. If we're acting to stop this, we should do it properly.

Won't be in shops for some time, other than essential food shopping, mostly for others.

Assuming IKEA type queues. I dislike shopping generally and it's been worse during lockdown.

over a year ago

I like the queueing. I like that people say thank you and smile when we move out of each other's way. I like that people here (my area) seem appreciative of the things that have opened up so far.

I'm not rushing to shop or travel yet. Letting the guinea pigs barge in first. Waiting to see how that affects the virus figures.

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"The masks are way too late.

The shops are way too early.

I'm still being a hermit."

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Too early with virus still around, no vaccine and no universal testing. Incubation period said to be 14 days so given huge numbers protesting last few weeks plus this, Im anticipating a large increase in coronavirus come July. Personally Im going nowhere. Ive been isolated since March and had everything i needed delivered so Im not mingling in crowded shops now. "

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Things are being rushed, unrelated to the evidence, including MPs who are pushing Johnson to cut the 2m distancing down. If we're acting to stop this, we should do it properly.

Won't be in shops for some time, other than essential food shopping, mostly for others.

Assuming IKEA type queues. I dislike shopping generally and it's been worse during lockdown. "

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"I like the queueing. I like that people say thank you and smile when we move out of each other's way. I like that people here (my area) seem appreciative of the things that have opened up so far.

I'm not rushing to shop or travel yet. Letting the guinea pigs barge in first. Waiting to see how that affects the virus figures. "

well said there mate

over a year ago

I dont mind it. I will be wearing my mask

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"I dont mind it. I will be wearing my mask "
fair enough

over a year ago

I’m changing my behaviour. I’ve been wearing a mask to go supermarket shopping for other’s protection and gloves. I am supporting businesses I want to see thrive after the pandemic by shopping locally where I can and availing myself of their delivery services to reduce our family’s risk of exposure. I won’t be travelling until it is much safer to do so although my business is highly dependent on travel, choosing to work on reinventing it to operate in a different way that’s much less reliant on travel.

I am working out how to use what I’ve learned during this pandemic to be a better citizen. Going out shopping as Boris has suggested is not what is occupying my mind.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Shops reopening is a good thing, so long as people are careful and respectful of others. I'm cynical so won't be going into town anytime soon.

Masks on public transport should of been implemented at the very beginning.

Good luck everyone, do your bit and stay safe

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"I’m changing my behaviour. I’ve been wearing a mask to go supermarket shopping for other’s protection and gloves. I am supporting businesses I want to see thrive after the pandemic by shopping locally where I can and availing myself of their delivery services to reduce our family’s risk of exposure. I won’t be travelling until it is much safer to do so although my business is highly dependent on travel, choosing to work on reinventing it to operate in a different way that’s much less reliant on travel.

I am working out how to use what I’ve learned during this pandemic to be a better citizen. Going out shopping as Boris has suggested is not what is occupying my mind."

brilliant words there from you mate

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Shops reopening is a good thing, so long as people are careful and respectful of others. I'm cynical so won't be going into town anytime soon.

Masks on public transport should of been implemented at the very beginning.

Good luck everyone, do your bit and stay safe "

well said darling

By *ersnickety PantsWoman
over a year ago

Club Meets Only

Its great shops are opening but I'll be staying put. Folk are going to go rushing out & masks & social distancing won't really be adhered to. I speak for my locality from what I've already seen here.

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

"Its great shops are opening but I'll be staying put. Folk are going to go rushing out & masks & social distancing won't really be adhered to. I speak for my locality from what I've already seen here. "

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I hear the changing rooms are closed at the moment in clothes shops. Does anyone if you are allowed to try on shoes in a shoe shop or is it at the discretion of the shop?

Post new Message to Thread