Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hanging up his swinging shoes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After being on here for many years, it’s time to call it a day and settle down.

I appreciate the friendships I’ve made along the years and all the people that I’ve gotten to know and meet. I know there’s a few I wanted to get my hands on but I guess you’ve had a lucky escape (bloody age range lol).

There’s a lot of new faces on the forums and many that I know and many that I don’t know. I’m not trying to act as though I’m some sort of a celebrity or a forum guru but I’ve always been a ‘friend’ to many on here and they’ve always shared a lot of stuff with me (the good, the bad and the ugly).

A recurring theme throughout the years has been females letting guys walk all over them on here. The amount of people I’ve spoken to who have had their feelings hurt or have had some sort of drama with someone they’re speaking to/meeting on here is unreal.

All I want to say is, know your worth. Don’t let someone you haven’t met/gotten to know dictate how you should feel, behave or respond and have them make you doubt yourself and your own self worth.

We may say Fab is not part of our real life or it’s something separate to our day to day living - but, we’re all investing some time and some part of us on here. And it will affect us one way or another.

One thing to note, (and I mean no offence to anyone) is that there is a lot of people on here who suffer with poor mental health, lack confidence and have a constant need for self praise. Whether I’m right in saying this or not (I don’t know) but I think on Fab we’re a little community of horny friends. We need to support each other when it comes to all this and if there is someone suffering with all this, we need to give them a helping hand. Because, let’s face it, it’s not all about sex on here.

For those who find themselves in this position, as harsh as this will sound, you’ll have to grow a thick skin for the site - not everyone will like you, want to meet you, agree with you, find you attractive etc but that’s just how it is. If all this starts affecting you, you need to take a bit of time out, step back and evaluate your situation and do what is best for you and your own wellbeing. At the end of the day, we can all give you advice and suggestions til the cows come home - but, if you’re not dealing with it yourself, it’s not going be easy.

I’ve been on here for many years and I’ve seen this a lot. I’ve always tried to help as much as I can and be as supportive as possible but, it’s time for a new chapter in my book now.

It’s been fun and I’m glad to have met everyone on here.

Stay safe and play safe - if you have an erection and don’t want an infection, you better use protection on your genital section.

Pops (Sy)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thanks for popping in, OP

over a year ago

Oh dear.. sad to see you going. Thanks for the little chatting we had and wishing you all the best with settling down goals

Take care of yourself

over a year ago

"After being on here for many years, it’s time to call it a day and settle down.

I appreciate the friendships I’ve made along the years and all the people that I’ve gotten to know and meet. I know there’s a few I wanted to get my hands on but I guess you’ve had a lucky escape (bloody age range lol).

There’s a lot of new faces on the forums and many that I know and many that I don’t know. I’m not trying to act as though I’m some sort of a celebrity or a forum guru but I’ve always been a ‘friend’ to many on here and they’ve always shared a lot of stuff with me (the good, the bad and the ugly).

A recurring theme throughout the years has been females letting guys walk all over them on here. The amount of people I’ve spoken to who have had their feelings hurt or have had some sort of drama with someone they’re speaking to/meeting on here is unreal.

All I want to say is, know your worth. Don’t let someone you haven’t met/gotten to know dictate how you should feel, behave or respond and have them make you doubt yourself and your own self worth.

We may say Fab is not part of our real life or it’s something separate to our day to day living - but, we’re all investing some time and some part of us on here. And it will affect us one way or another.

One thing to note, (and I mean no offence to anyone) is that there is a lot of people on here who suffer with poor mental health, lack confidence and have a constant need for self praise. Whether I’m right in saying this or not (I don’t know) but I think on Fab we’re a little community of horny friends. We need to support each other when it comes to all this and if there is someone suffering with all this, we need to give them a helping hand. Because, let’s face it, it’s not all about sex on here.

For those who find themselves in this position, as harsh as this will sound, you’ll have to grow a thick skin for the site - not everyone will like you, want to meet you, agree with you, find you attractive etc but that’s just how it is. If all this starts affecting you, you need to take a bit of time out, step back and evaluate your situation and do what is best for you and your own wellbeing. At the end of the day, we can all give you advice and suggestions til the cows come home - but, if you’re not dealing with it yourself, it’s not going be easy.

I’ve been on here for many years and I’ve seen this a lot. I’ve always tried to help as much as I can and be as supportive as possible but, it’s time for a new chapter in my book now.

It’s been fun and I’m glad to have met everyone on here.

Stay safe and play safe - if you have an erection and don’t want an infection, you better use protection on your genital section.

Pops (Sy)"

There’s a lot of truth in there. Good luck OP

By *lap.n.tickleCouple
over a year ago

sunny Manchester :)

Well said pops. Sad to see you go glad to see you (hopefully) happy.

By the way you'll probably remember me as bladey. Take real good care my friend

over a year ago

you Pops!!! Hope you find someone lovely to settle down with, you deserve it. You are an absolute star.

Known you for 6 years... maybe more? Not sure if that step in Sheffield was the first time we met.

Big proper hugs xx

over a year ago

Bye pops and stay safe!!

T

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I adore you Pops, I hope you find that well deserved happiness. I remember meeting you in the hotel bar all those years ago. Your kindness and genuine positivity shone through then, it still does now.

over a year ago

Aww my friend

Whoever she is ... she’s lucky

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

All the very best OP, wishIng you lots of happiness

over a year ago

I don't know you but that's a hell of a going away present!

May it reach the hearts it needs to!!

Good fortune be yours on your travels...

over a year ago

Ironic you are leaving when this is the first time I can recall seeing u on here. Your mental health paragraph was very important so I thankyou for that OP. Take care of yourself out there. Hugs xx

over a year ago

All the best Pops for a new chapter

over a year ago

That was a really great farewell message! All the best to you and your future endeavours

over a year ago

And the op has left the building.

T

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Who was it?

over a year ago

"Who was it? "

A wise man

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Good luck Mr

Jo.Xx

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

Aww Pops. Remember meeting you at the Sheffield social must of been 6-7 years ago. One of the good guys who certainly deserves to be happy. Glad you have found happiness xx

over a year ago

Good luck dude

Post new Message to Thread