Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Protest

Jump to newest

By *ovegames42 OP   Man
over a year ago

london

Just vowed the footage on news update.

The country seems to be in a state of serious social unrest.

Are the or have the government lost control.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think many of them don't even really understand why they are there. They are just pissed off because of lockdown and want a fight.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i dont think there is enough credit given to the police for standing in between them all.risking themselves getting hurt so others dont.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Don't let it detract from the important point

Black lives matter

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i dont think there is enough credit given to the police for standing in between them all.risking themselves getting hurt so others dont."

Reply privately

over a year ago

A nobheads a nobhead ..wether he’s black / white...left wing / right wing ...he’s a nobhead !!!

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Don't let it detract from the important point

Black lives matter "

Xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fuck it, let the extremists from each side beat the snot out each other. Self solving problem.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not all bad.

www.metro.co.uk/2020/06/13/black-lives-matter-supporter-carries-far-right-protester-safety-12849086/

Reply privately

over a year ago

Black lives matter "

White lives matter but strangely we dont need to run sround our cities destroying things.....

Reply privately

By *ovegames42 OP   Man
over a year ago

london

Black lives matter White lives matter but strangely we dont need to run sround our cities destroying things....."

If lives matter so much why are they out there running around tearing up the place and putting others lives at risk.

Reply privately

By *ovegames42 OP   Man
over a year ago

london

All lives matter

Reply privately

By *atJWMan
over a year ago

Bishop Waltham

"Not all bad.

www.metro.co.uk/2020/06/13/black-lives-matter-supporter-carries-far-right-protester-safety-12849086/"

Yeah, funny how out of all the photos taken during the protests that one ended up on the news?

BBC headline last week “ Largely Peacefull anti-racism protest, 27 police officers hurt”

Current BBC news headlines, Far right protesters clash with police, over 100 arrests, 6 police officers injured”

It’s how you spin it!

Reply privately

over a year ago

No one cares. They're too busy wondering when KFC will open for walk in orders

Reply privately

By *ovegames42 OP   Man
over a year ago

london

"Not all bad.

www.metro.co.uk/2020/06/13/black-lives-matter-supporter-carries-far-right-protester-safety-12849086/

Yeah, funny how out of all the photos taken during the protests that one ended up on the news?

BBC headline last week “ Largely Peacefull anti-racism protest, 27 police officers hurt”

Current BBC news headlines, Far right protesters clash with police, over 100 arrests, 6 police officers injured”

It’s how you spin it!"

That’s the BBC for you

Reply privately

By *ovegames42 OP   Man
over a year ago

london

"Not all bad.

It’s how you spin it!

That’s the BBC for you "

Oh and throwing a Boris bike at a mounted police officer, “ peaceful I don’t think so “.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not all bad.

It’s how you spin it!"

So not a well done to those who helped another human inpite of his opposing views? Which I suppose is the point of the picture. Maybe you would rather have seen something less palletable with maybe a splash more hatred. But then it's how you spin it. Isn't it?

The people in the photo don't ask the guy to take the photo, nor he they decide they want it published. The paper did. If you feel that strongly boycott the Metro

The sun and the mail have been spinning black hate longer than I've been born. So I just don't read them.

Reply privately

By *lienrockMan
over a year ago

Fife

everyone seems pissed off. with something like over 85% of people surveyed displaying a distrust in both the government & our main media its hardly surprising groups are jumping on an opportunity to kick off. first they caused a clear age divide by blaming the old for the financial woes of the young & now race riots, left v right and so on it rolls.. second wave & more police state will be required & it will be blamed on us the people! encouraged to wreck city centres on the brink of a mass financial meltdown all around and nobody will know who to blame next. meanwhile bojo does his thing & just to ensure the working class cant get a voice in all this they hammer it home by electing an elitest toff tony blair clone to lead the labour party. with them having nothing in common with anyone they are supposed to represent. whole things a farce. of course black lifes matter & equality is essential in our world but you cant call my great great granny racist cos she owned a gollywog or hate yer grandad cos he used to laugh at alf garnett. ffs everyone needs to keep their seats and stay cool! i dont think the general public are anywhere near as racist or biggoted as the media would have us believe.

Reply privately

By *over not a fighter69Man
over a year ago

greenock

Lives matter, not colour....

Majority are out for a jolly and tear up, send the army in with batons, sort them out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Black lives matter White lives matter but strangely we dont need to run sround our cities destroying things....."

No, we prefer doing it when we get upset because our team has lost/won, instead of this frivolous clap trap eh?!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'll tell you a funny fact.

My mum had a collection of golly wogs on display in her home. Non of her friends were offended. (Mostly old school Jamaicans.)

I'm certainly not offended by a gollywog. So who decided they were racist and who decided to ban them. I know I didn't. Or am I just displaying my ignorance?

Reply privately

By *ensual-dominant-passionMan
over a year ago

sheffield

It was a disgrace today.. Tommeh Robinson’s foot soldiers out to cause trouble, all they did was just make a mess and fight the police... but I guess that’s how you defend statues.. oh and one peed on a manorial it shows how much respect they had

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tommy Robinson? And whats with pissing on a memorial of a police officer? Oh of course Theyre protecting the statues.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It was a disgrace today.. Tommeh Robinson’s foot soldiers out to cause trouble, all they did was just make a mess and fight the police... but I guess that’s how you defend statues.. oh and one peed on a manorial it shows how much respect they had "

And here on Fab it's still being spun against black lives matter because of course

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Every one who went out to protest the past couple of weekends should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for breaking the current rules re sheltering and distancing. You can't use whatever reason to protest as an excuse. They spat on everyone's collective effort.

Reply privately

By *atJWMan
over a year ago

Bishop Waltham

"Not all bad.

It’s how you spin it!

So not a well done to those who helped another human inpite of his opposing views? Which I suppose is the point of the picture. Maybe you would rather have seen something less palletable with maybe a splash more hatred. But then it's how you spin it. Isn't it?

The people in the photo don't ask the guy to take the photo, nor he they decide they want it published. The paper did. If you feel that strongly boycott the Metro

The sun and the mail have been spinning black hate longer than I've been born. So I just don't read them.

"

It’s how the media want to pertray events and how gullible the public are, how do you know what the intentions of the black guy carrying the white guy were from a photo? He may want to taking him around the corner for a good kicking?

My ex partner’s daughter is a PC in the met, she was there last week in the so called peaceful protests by BML. One of the protesters collapsed and started fitting so the police picked him up and put him in a police van to give medical help and await for an ambulance, so the peaceful protesters started chanting about police brutality and started vandalising the van with the casualty still inside, you didn’t see that splashed across the BBC!

Reply privately

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

Black lives matter "

Unfortunately it's the usual rent-a-mob that have jumped on this valid movement for social change with violence and vandalism and looting (in the US).

Reply privately

By *erdyWoman
over a year ago

wiltshire

"Just vowed the footage on news update.

The country seems to be in a state of serious social unrest.

Are the or have the government lost control."

A lot of unrest. All makes me very sad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The EDL came to fight, even leading up to the event online they were making racial threats.

All instigated by Robinson and then he pulled out.

I feel bad for the police who were assaulted yesterday and even last weekend.

The EDL really exposed themselves, but it was really horrible to watch.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not all bad.

It’s how you spin it!

It’s how the media want to pertray events and how gullible the public are, how do you know what the intentions of the black guy carrying the white guy were from a photo? He may want to taking him around the corner for a good kicking?

My ex partner’s daughter is a PC in the met, she was there last week in the so called peaceful protests by BML. One of the protesters collapsed and started fitting so the police picked him up and put him in a police van to give medical help and await for an ambulance, so the peaceful protesters started chanting about police brutality and started vandalising the van with the casualty still inside, you didn’t see that splashed across the BBC!"

Reply privately

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

Police are powerless. Arrest or stop them they will claim racist. And end up in court.

Until the government change the laws, and get tough nothing can be done.

Should tear gas the lot of them and use batton sticks on them. Anyone in the protest should be arrested and on the spot 500£ fine. do it again £1000 fine.

Reply privately

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Both "sides" seem to have the minority that want to cause trouble.

Reply privately