FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sandwiches: A review- what we know so far!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sandwiches are one of the best things you can do with two pieces of bread, the other is to feed ducks. Lots of people are gluten free these days, if you’re not gluten free, then where you at! If you’re the type of person who goes into Subway and when asked what you want in your sandwich, you reply with ‘Run it through the garden !’ then I’m afraid we can’t be friends. Sandwiches were first invented by Terry Sandwich in 1983, up till then people were just looking at bread like dah fuq do I do with this. Terry had the foresight to fuse bread, butter and bacon, some say this is man’s greatest invention.

In this thread we will discuss our favourite sandwiches, what life was like before sandwiches and what we’ve learnt post sandwiches. Also we will look at what the future holds for sandwiches in a digital age, can the pasty ever knock the sandwich off it’s perch, Cornwall seem to think so. All this and more on a thread that will slip off page one within 10 minutes.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm not old like you so I can't remember life pre sandwich gloriousness.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You’re even more bored than I am...

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I don't know my sandwich history but some say it was invented by the Earl of Sandwich. I don't know much about him either but if he had any links to slavery then we will probably have to call them something else...

over a year ago

"Sandwiches are one of the best things you can do with two pieces of bread, the other is to feed ducks. Lots of people are gluten free these days, if you’re not gluten free, then where you at! If you’re the type of person who goes into Subway and when asked what you want in your sandwich, you reply with ‘Run it through the garden !’ then I’m afraid we can’t be friends. Sandwiches were first invented by Terry Sandwich in 1983, up till then people were just looking at bread like dah fuq do I do with this. Terry had the foresight to fuse bread, butter and bacon, some say this is man’s greatest invention.

In this thread we will discuss our favourite sandwiches, what life was like before sandwiches and what we’ve learnt post sandwiches. Also we will look at what the future holds for sandwiches in a digital age, can the pasty ever knock the sandwich off it’s perch, Cornwall seem to think so. All this and more on a thread that will slip off page one within 10 minutes. "

Do sandwiches include Subway though as they serve mainly Baguettes?

Are rolls, baps, barms, whatever we name them, excluded from the topic or should we embrace all types of bread?

If so can we include tortillas, naans, etc.

This could be a very important topic as we could be excluding warm or toasted snacks and who doesn't like a tuna melt or even a pepperoni pizza?

over a year ago

"I'm not old like you so I can't remember life pre sandwich gloriousness. "

Life was in sepia, but when the sandwich came along the world changed to glorious technicolour

over a year ago

"You’re even more bored than I am... "

I’m never bored, I’m just fluent in the art of talking bollocks

over a year ago

Because of not eating white bread for quite a few years, decided to "treat" ourselves couple months back. The effects were painful and crippling. We have been using tortilla wraps as an alternative to sandwiches

over a year ago

"Sandwiches are one of the best things you can do with two pieces of bread, the other is to feed ducks. Lots of people are gluten free these days, if you’re not gluten free, then where you at! If you’re the type of person who goes into Subway and when asked what you want in your sandwich, you reply with ‘Run it through the garden !’ then I’m afraid we can’t be friends. Sandwiches were first invented by Terry Sandwich in 1983, up till then people were just looking at bread like dah fuq do I do with this. Terry had the foresight to fuse bread, butter and bacon, some say this is man’s greatest invention.

In this thread we will discuss our favourite sandwiches, what life was like before sandwiches and what we’ve learnt post sandwiches. Also we will look at what the future holds for sandwiches in a digital age, can the pasty ever knock the sandwich off it’s perch, Cornwall seem to think so. All this and more on a thread that will slip off page one within 10 minutes.

Do sandwiches include Subway though as they serve mainly Baguettes?

Are rolls, baps, barms, whatever we name them, excluded from the topic or should we embrace all types of bread?

If so can we include tortillas, naans, etc.

This could be a very important topic as we could be excluding warm or toasted snacks and who doesn't like a tuna melt or even a pepperoni pizza? "

Excellent questions, I was thinking of sandwiches as covering a broad spectrum, it should be very inclusive. As a side note I’ve never been in Subway so have no idea what goes on in there!

over a year ago

Im not gluten free, but yet we are THE BEST OF FRIENDS so stop with your frippery.

Also hats off to Terry and his Sock-sessful invention

over a year ago

I try and avoid bread at all costs... Evil muck

over a year ago

And lets be honest, i make you crumb everywhere

over a year ago

"And lets be honest, i make you crumb everywhere "

Average size Baguettes are very flaky

over a year ago

"And lets be honest, i make you crumb everywhere

Average size Baguettes are very flaky "

Why does that make me think of croissants

over a year ago

I heard you wouldn't feed bread to ducks. Apparently it hurts them. They recommend cooked (but cold) rice instead. Who knew? Good damn it I'm full of useless shit.

over a year ago

"I heard you wouldn't feed bread to ducks. Apparently it hurts them. They recommend cooked (but cold) rice instead. Who knew? Good damn it I'm full of useless shit."

*Shouldn't

over a year ago

"Run it through the garden "

Just no.

I can't be friends with these people either.

By *eb77Man
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

I think David Butty was doing some good work on a bread based snack in the late 70s, much of it revolved around one slice of bread folded in half; often with jam in the middle.

Though once Terry came along with his two slices Dave was largely forgotten and the Sandwich name became synonymous with the convenient meal. This was further bolstered when he teamed up with Jane Crisps in the mid to late 80s.

over a year ago

"I think David Butty was doing some good work on a bread based snack in the late 70s, much of it revolved around one slice of bread folded in half; often with jam in the middle.

Though once Terry came along with his two slices Dave was largely forgotten and the Sandwich name became synonymous with the convenient meal. This was further bolstered when he teamed up with Jane Crisps in the mid to late 80s."

Let's not forget the contributation made by Diane Can O'Pop either. Was instrumental in the modern luncheon in my personal opinion.

Post new Message to Thread