Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Christmas holiday

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Looking for some advice from people holiday abroad over the Christmas period please.

I'm looking to go somewhere for just 7-10 days over Christmas.

It's doesn't need to be somewhere hot, as long as it's not as cold as the UK will be, it has to be all inclusive and if possible, (might be a big ask) somewhere where at least some of the bars and shops are open, or the hotel provides out of season entertainment, as I will be going alone.

I'm not very well travelled, almost all my adult holidays have been cruises.

Anyone advise please

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The problem is it's really tricky to think that far ahead of my time when it comes to travel.

The Canary islands are always a good shout.

Just make sure you definitely get travel insurance.

over a year ago

I have friends that go to Goa every Christmas.they love it.

over a year ago

"The problem is it's really tricky to think that far ahead of my time when it comes to travel.

Just make sure you definitely get travel insurance. "

Thank you.

Are they good at things being open out of season.

I will get insurance, but wasn't really thinking of paying an amount that I couldn't afford to lose, it travel goes tits up later in the year.

over a year ago

" I have friends that go to Goa every Christmas.they love it."

Will look now.

over a year ago

"The problem is it's really tricky to think that far ahead of my time when it comes to travel.

Thank you.

I will get insurance, but wasn't really thinking of paying an amount that I couldn't afford to lose, it travel goes tits up later in the year."

It's not so much about having an amount you couldn't afford to lose. Obviously there is always a risk of getting ill abroad but at the moment that is magnified and could find yourself in a situation where you can't get home because either they stop travel or we have.

Sorry I'm not trying to be pessimistic just practical.

over a year ago

Thank you.

I will get insurance, but wasn't really thinking of paying an amount that I couldn't afford to lose, it travel goes tits up later in the year.

It's not so much about having an amount you couldn't afford to lose. Obviously there is always a risk of getting ill abroad but at the moment that is magnified and could find yourself in a situation where you can't get home because either they stop travel or we have.

Sorry I'm not trying to be pessimistic just practical. "

No, you are right. It's something I need to think about.

over a year ago

Thank you.

No, you are right. It's something I need to think about."

I hope you find something suitable. X

over a year ago

Thank you.

No, you are right. It's something I need to think about.

I hope you find something suitable. X"

over a year ago

"Looking for some advice from people holiday abroad over the Christmas period please.

It's doesn't need to be somewhere hot, as long as it's not as cold as the UK will be, it has to be all inclusive and if possible, (might be a big ask) somewhere where at least some of the bars and shops are open, or the hotel provides out of season entertainment, as I will be going alone.

Anyone advise please "

Why not look up Christmas cruises?

over a year ago

Tenerife is amazing at Christmas and new year, the weather is also great.there are lots of hotels that’s are adult only and all inclusive with entertainment every evening,only drawback is the price to go normally very expensive at that time

By *urocougarCouple
over a year ago

watton

We could all be wiped out by then on earth we may try the moon next

over a year ago

We spent last Christmas in the Dominican. Weather was great. It was an all inclusive resort so plenty to keep you busy and entertained.

I'd expect prices might come down a bit too

over a year ago

"Looking for some advice from people holiday abroad over the Christmas period please.

Anyone advise please

Why not look up Christmas cruises? "

I'm not wanting a cruise

over a year ago

"Tenerife is amazing at Christmas and new year, the weather is also great.there are lots of hotels that’s are adult only and all inclusive with entertainment every evening,only drawback is the price to go normally very expensive at that time "

Ahh, thank you. That's sounds perfect. I shall take a look

over a year ago

"We spent last Christmas in the Dominican. Weather was great. It was an all inclusive resort so plenty to keep you busy and entertained.

I'd expect prices might come down a bit too "

Thank you, a friend suggested that too, but wasn't sure about a women travelling alone there.

By *ave3058Man
over a year ago

southampton & playa del ingles

Yeh I would suggest the canary’s you can get all types of holidays there

over a year ago

There’s also a good sex club for meeting like minded people

over a year ago

"Yeh I would suggest the canary’s you can get all types of holidays there "

over a year ago

"We spent last Christmas in the Dominican. Weather was great. It was an all inclusive resort so plenty to keep you busy and entertained.

Thank you, a friend suggested that too, but wasn't sure about a women travelling alone there."

it was perfectly safe. I travelled alone with my sons. We did a fair few trips out of the resort too. Most of the hotels are like villages. They have so much though that you wouldn't necessarily need to leave

over a year ago

Thank you, a friend suggested that too, but wasn't sure about a women travelling alone there. it was perfectly safe. I travelled alone with my sons. We did a fair few trips out of the resort too. Most of the hotels are like villages. They have so much though that you wouldn't necessarily need to leave "

That's good to know, thank you

Post new Message to Thread