Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Travelling to Scotland

Jump to newest

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

Am i hearing right? If your travelling to scotland, you are then to go into quarantine for 14 days?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Am i hearing right? If your travelling to scotland, you are then to go into quarantine for 14 days?"

This is correct. Take a tent and pitch it in Loch Lomond. Don't forget your toothbrush.

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"Am i hearing right? If your travelling to scotland, you are then to go into quarantine for 14 days?

This is correct. Take a tent and pitch it in Loch Lomond. Don't forget your toothbrush."

Even in August?

over a year ago

"Am i hearing right? If your travelling to scotland, you are then to go into quarantine for 14 days?

This is correct. Take a tent and pitch it in Loch Lomond. Don't forget your toothbrush.

Even in August?"

Especially in August.

By *olarbear73Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Even in August?

Especially in August."

The midges will be waiting....!

over a year ago

Even in August?

Especially in August.

The midges will be waiting....! "

Oh gawd August on Lomond...not good..they eat people all day long..so do the midges

over a year ago

I hope not, I live right on the border, husband works in England, I have to cross the border to the closest supermarket, this could make life a little tricky

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"I hope not, I live right on the border, husband works in England, I have to cross the border to the closest supermarket, this could make life a little tricky "

Ouch. Reason im asking is if your going from England to Scotland via train, are you put into quarantine

over a year ago

"I hope not, I live right on the border, husband works in England, I have to cross the border to the closest supermarket, this could make life a little tricky

Ouch. Reason im asking is if your going from England to Scotland via train, are you put into quarantine "

They don't send you to jail. I think at the moment they take details of where you are staying and expect you to isolate there

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"I hope not, I live right on the border, husband works in England, I have to cross the border to the closest supermarket, this could make life a little tricky

Ouch. Reason im asking is if your going from England to Scotland via train, are you put into quarantine

They don't send you to jail. I think at the moment they take details of where you are staying and expect you to isolate there "

Even if everythings back up and running by august?!

over a year ago

They don't send you to jail. I think at the moment they take details of where you are staying and expect you to isolate there

Even if everythings back up and running by august?!"

I'm sadly not able to predict the future

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

This is ridiculous getting. My English friend works in Glasgow every week. Wish the rules were the same all over Britain to stop this confusion.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

As soon as the border opens I’ll be there!!

J x

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

"This is ridiculous getting. My English friend works in Glasgow every week. Wish the rules were the same all over Britain to stop this confusion. "

Complain to wee Jimmy Krankie at the SNP

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"As soon as the border opens I’ll be there!!

J x"

Aye, home is where the heart is

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I would not bother.. full of midges and pubs that normally speak in English but if a sasanach walks in they all switch to Scottish..

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"I would not bother.. full of midges and pubs that normally speak in English but if a sasanach walks in they all switch to Scottish.. "

Racist and not true

over a year ago

Hmmm, this might work in my favour, some of my favourite gold prospecting places are in the real North, so could plan a panning trip for "weekend", only to inform family I've had to quarantine for fortnight. I'd be sure to find a few grams of the yellow stuff in that time

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"I would not bother.. full of midges and pubs that normally speak in English but if a sasanach walks in they all switch to Scottish..

Racist and not true "

Lets turn on him shall we

over a year ago

Can't believe i missed this

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"Can't believe i missed this "

Why

over a year ago

I cannot wait to go to Scotland to see my boy

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"I cannot wait to go to Scotland to see my boy "

I cant wait to just go to my hometown

over a year ago

"Can't believe i missed this

Why"

Its a secret

over a year ago

"I cannot wait to go to Scotland to see my boy

I cant wait to just go to my hometown"

By *lba2022Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Yes but remember take your passport

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"Yes but remember take your passport"

Ive heard that loads of times

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

"Yes but remember take your passport"

Yawn

over a year ago

Been to Edinburgh today, stopped at the border for my early morning stottie, then spent 3 hours sat in the centre of town getting 2 items unloaded.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"I would not bother.. full of midges and pubs that normally speak in English but if a sasanach walks in they all switch to Scottish.. "

What language is that, Celtic or Rab C Nesbit

over a year ago

You can stay out of Scotland with that attitude.

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Non essential travel isn't allowed to or in Scotland yet, we're still phase one.

Beauty spots, camping ground etc are still closed.

FYI there is no wild camping allowed at loch lomond & be very careful of fires....it's been very warm here (by Scotland's standards) and very very dry, we've already had a forest fire this year.

Camping is one of the things I'm looking forward to being able to do again. Midges are definitely the worst....trees & water are hotspots for them.

By *ungscotsman26Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Scotland is taking a slightly slower route back to normality and I fully support it.

We might get some news of relaxing some of the restrictions this thursday in terms of phase 2 starting.

It's perfectly reasonable to say that if you come into the country you need to self isolate. Did you hear the story of the British couple who had Corona virus and were allowed into new Zealand to see a dying relative? Totally justified reason to get it. But they have been found to be the first positive cases in about a month. Shows you the danger of travel.

Although I appreciate it's really hard for those with relatives or work here. I'd expect the rules to be more relaxed than if you are coming from abroad.

Ps the stereotypical comments. Not funny.

over a year ago

This is correct. Take a tent and pitch it in Loch Lomond. Don't forget your toothbrush."

What! Really? FFS!

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"Non essential travel isn't allowed to or in Scotland yet, we're still phase one.

Beauty spots, camping ground etc are still closed.

FYI there is no wild camping allowed at loch lomond & be very careful of fires....it's been very warm here (by Scotland's standards) and very very dry, we've already had a forest fire this year.

Camping is one of the things I'm looking forward to being able to do again. Midges are definitely the worst....trees & water are hotspots for them.

"

My sister lives in dumbarton and is part of the national wildlife trust so im well aware

By *aurus1987 OP   Man
over a year ago

York

"Scotland is taking a slightly slower route back to normality and I fully support it.

We might get some news of relaxing some of the restrictions this thursday in terms of phase 2 starting.

It's perfectly reasonable to say that if you come into the country you need to self isolate. Did you hear the story of the British couple who had Corona virus and were allowed into new Zealand to see a dying relative? Totally justified reason to get it. But they have been found to be the first positive cases in about a month. Shows you the danger of travel.

Although I appreciate it's really hard for those with relatives or work here. I'd expect the rules to be more relaxed than if you are coming from abroad.

Ps the stereotypical comments. Not funny. "

Oh yes, i heard. It was there choice, and i dont care if theres torys in here, but if boris had bothered to go to these cobra meetings, we may of not been in this mess

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The natural border of Scotland and England is Hadrian's wall.. north of that I have been to pubs and they speak English but if a sasanach walks in they speak scottish

By *edLionScotMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

If you mean Gaelic, only 1.1% of the Scottish population are able to speak it.

I think what you experienced is that we were pretending. If your chat is as inane as it is in this thread, then they probably hoped that you'd go away.

Post new Message to Thread