Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Oh god I have a

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

interview coming up on Tuesday. I’m not nervous for the interview at all. I know the role and know I’m more than capable of doing the role and additionally developing the service. My main issue is I would usually get a haircut for an interview.

Do you think my hair at the current state looks too bad (facpic uploaded on public)? Do you think interviewers will set much by this? Should I make a little joke about how I’ve not wanted to break lockdown rules? It’s a small detail but I always want to look presentable but my hair is MASSIVE at the moment and wondering if I’m just over thinking it or will it make a difference and should I acknowledge it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

To be honest, I think it looks absolutely fine.

If you're self conscious about it, you could trim lightly around your ears to make it neat(er)

Or, as you say, mention it in passing as an opener when you get there. I'm sure they'll understand anyway

Good luck for the interview

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Your hair looks fine, no need to mention it or make a joke of it.

Good luck at the interview

By *exy gentMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"interview coming up on Tuesday. I’m not nervous for the interview at all. I know the role and know I’m more than capable of doing the role and additionally developing the service. My main issue is I would usually get a haircut for an interview.

Do you think my hair at the current state looks too bad (facpic uploaded on public)? Do you think interviewers will set much by this? Should I make a little joke about how I’ve not wanted to break lockdown rules? It’s a small detail but I always want to look presentable but my hair is MASSIVE at the moment and wondering if I’m just over thinking it or will it make a difference and should I acknowledge it?"

Funnily enough I have a video interview on Tuesday also, I'm going to make a joke about my hair, all the best mate

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Your hair is good man.

You can do it

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I think your hair looks fine OP, but if I was going for an interview right now I'd probably make a joke about my hair, but that's just me and I always crack at least one joke in interviews

over a year ago

It's fine and I'm sure we are all in the same boat unless you happen to live with someone good with scissors. They will know. Ha. They might have haircut worries themselves ! Good luck for the interview

over a year ago

Your hair looks fine. I would make a joke though to break the ice but that’s me. If you have a jokey character than do so, if you don’t, then let it be. Best of luck

over a year ago

You could bring it in to the conversation but I’m sure the interviewer will be aware that these are unusual times.

over a year ago

"To be honest, I think it looks absolutely fine.

If you're self conscious about it, you could trim lightly around your ears to make it neat(er)

Or, as you say, mention it in passing as an opener when you get there. I'm sure they'll understand anyway

Good luck for the interview "

Thank you! I may do the trimming around my ears that's a good idea!!

over a year ago

"I think your hair looks fine OP, but if I was going for an interview right now I'd probably make a joke about my hair, but that's just me and I always crack at least one joke in interviews "

Yeah I think I will because even though it’s not horrendous It’ll be on my mind

over a year ago

"It's fine and I'm sure we are all in the same boat unless you happen to live with someone good with scissors. They will know. Ha. They might have haircut worries themselves ! Good luck for the interview "

Only one man I trust and that’s my barber

over a year ago

"Your hair looks fine. I would make a joke though to break the ice but that’s me. If you have a jokey character than do so, if you don’t, then let it be. Best of luck "

Not naturally but I have learnt to be more confident and humorous! I think I should be comfortable enough to do so in this interview. Thanks!

Post new Message to Thread