Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

worst day of my life

Jump to newest

By *uge G Rection OP   Man
over a year ago

where I like to be... down south

today has been the worst day of my life so far, when I got home from work I was greeted with the DNA test results I sent off awhile ago after being told that 1 of my 4 children might not be mine.... i have 2 boys and 2 girls and today found out that my youngest girl (7 years old this weekend) is not actually mine

I feel like I've lost someone but the pain will always be there as I still have to pick up my other 3 every weekend and will continue to see my other daughter, yes I say other daughter as I've grown a bond with her just as I have with my other 3, but now her mother is refusing any access to her and is seeking her "real" father.

I cant stop crying and really don't know what to do.

Sorry for dampning the mood of everyone else in here but I had to just type all this out as it still doesn't feel real

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Brother I have no words. I hope you somehow eventually find comfort in whatever way that may be

over a year ago

"Brother I have no words. I hope you somehow eventually find comfort in whatever way that may be "

Thank you, although finding comfort doesn't seem like it will ever be found the way I'm feeling atm

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ah fuck. I’m sorry. That’s so shitty. Life can be so bloody cruel. But just so you know - you’re a good fucking dad

over a year ago

Write your daughter a letter. Try take it to court. It’s not fair. I don’t know how many *rights* you have, but you’re her dad

over a year ago

"Ah fuck. I’m sorry. That’s so shitty. Life can be so bloody cruel. But just so you know - you’re a good fucking dad "

Don't feel like it atm, im dredding Friday when I go pick up my other 3 as I know she will be there wondering why daddy isn't taking her as well

over a year ago

Rather know the truth sooner than later thou x

By *91kMan
over a year ago

Maidstone

"today has been the worst day of my life so far, when I got home from work I was greeted with the DNA test results I sent off awhile ago after being told that 1 of my 4 children might not be mine.... i have 2 boys and 2 girls and today found out that my youngest girl (7 years old this weekend) is not actually mine

I feel like I've lost someone but the pain will always be there as I still have to pick up my other 3 every weekend and will continue to see my other daughter, yes I say other daughter as I've grown a bond with her just as I have with my other 3, but now her mother is refusing any access to her and is seeking her "real" father.

Sorry for dampning the mood of everyone else in here but I had to just type all this out as it still doesn't feel real"

Ahh dude that's heart breaking I hope her mother rethinks and let's you see her regardless.

Biological or not, you've raised her from birth! A bond is a bond

Stay strong mate

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Oh love ..this is really complex grief you are feeling right now. And shock. You're right, you have a bond and I really hope that you can see all your children as a family.

Love to your tender heart x x x

By *iercedlotsCouple
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

I feel for you. Just for the record you are her real Dad, you are the one that gave her the love and affection that she needs. No doubt you will always be there for her, pretty much the same as your other kids. Her mother needs a good shake and needs to realise the trauma that she is inflicting on not just you but your daughter, I can only imagine how she feels ( don't want to make you feel any worse than you do). I really hope that you can talk this out with her. Much love and fingers crossed for you. Xx

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

So sorry to hear this, I can’t imagine what you are feeling.

I would definitely seek out legal advice though, you have been this girl’s father for 7 years and neither of you would have known any different except for this test.

By *uriousKinksterMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

"today has been the worst day of my life so far, when I got home from work I was greeted with the DNA test results I sent off awhile ago after being told that 1 of my 4 children might not be mine.... i have 2 boys and 2 girls and today found out that my youngest girl (7 years old this weekend) is not actually mine

Sorry for dampning the mood of everyone else in here but I had to just type all this out as it still doesn't feel real"

Ahh man, really sorry. Shit situation for sure. Are you on the birth certificate? Because if so then access shouldn't be any issue at all, though you have to go through mediation before the courts get involved usually which can be a waste of time. Really hope things work out for you!

over a year ago

That sounds truly awful mate Have you got someone from the real outside world you can talk to about it and maybe formulate a plan of action with their support? I'm sure your girl misses you as much as you miss her....

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I’m so sorry mate.

over a year ago

She is your daughter, the bond is there and a test can’t change that so quickly. It’s not right that the mother has taken this stance but I’m presuming she has her reasons. Good luck to you and the incoming battle, think of the little girl’s feelings as it would be awful for her to lose her dad

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

I hope her mother realises that keeping her from you is a mistake.

Sending you a big hug & hoping there's a way to sort this xxx

over a year ago

Oh big love to you... heartbreaking...

over a year ago

Listen mate it doesn't take being biological to be a father. Your still her dad at the end of the day. She will still wake up every day and see you as her dad. It doesn't take someone else's seed to be a father it's raising your child. A DNA test only probes that she isn't biologically yours you've raised her as your own so continue to do so. The worst thing you can do is out yourself down. Chin up bud and continue to be her dad

over a year ago

I feel really humbled that all of you are saying such kind words to me (a complete stranger to you all) I will be fighting this however I can but I know its going to be a long hard battle for me.... i just need to get through this weekend and obviously stay strong for all my kids and my own well being

I really am touched by all your positive posts and really can't thank each and everyone of you enough, knowing there are people out there that can do what you have done for me really does bring a warm feeling to me amongst all the other shit going on it the world right now

Forgive me if this sounds racist in anyway but its not my intention at all (I hope you can understand what I mean when I say) #childrens lives matter

Now if you will excuse me I'm off to try and make sense of all of this and I will be eating cake and drinking fuck knows I need it today

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that mate. I am glad that you see your daughter as your own. It's heartbreaking!

over a year ago

I have no words, just cannot imagine the pain you are going through, heartbreaking

And how awful for your little girl, yes she is yours, you are the man she calls Dad...You raised her. That is something that can never be taken away from you.

Stay strong, take care of yourself and take advice...

over a year ago

Wow, your ex is an absolute arsehole if this is the first time you’ve had reason to doubt (given that I don’t know your circumstances). If you’re on the birth certificate, I’d fight it and do it quickly. She’ll feel left out from her siblings and feel as though she’s done something wrong. Surely anyone with a heart would let you continue to treat her like your own 7 years in.

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

Sadly they reckon 1 in 5 Dads are parenting a child that is not theirs. Of course they don't know the child is not theirs.

over a year ago

Sorry y to hear this I feel for you your her real dad you brought her up

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Get contact with people who you know, so that you can get support and not struggle alone. Take care xx

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

That's really tough ...dadding is more than DNA and you've obviously done a great job

over a year ago

Yeah I’m sorry to hear this pal, the thought has crossed my mind once or twice about my own. Not a nice place to be. All I can say keep your chin up mate, a good relationship with your three other kids I hope will pressure the mother into giving you access. I can only imagine your 7yr old daughter will want to see you and ask why she can’t. I hope it pressures her mum into giving you access. I hope you don’t let it cloud your mind either. Biologically or it your that kids dad you raised her. I hope it all works out for you

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

That’s really sad and you are gonna go on a right roller coaster of emotions and pain for a long time so prepare yourself, your kids need you strong but it’s ok to feel the way you do and grieve. Allow yourself time for that bit then you need to pick yourself up and carry on and decode what you will do

Been though similar, not the same, please pm if you want to talk

over a year ago

Brother,

I have some advice for you.

I've been through.. Stuff.

First, don't get wankered. Have a drink, have 2 but don't go mad it won't help.

Second, in your phone somewhere you'll have a number for someone who isn't involved and isn't family. Someone who's opinion you trust. Make contact, start a conversation. If it all spills out, fine that's the point.

Now, your attachment to this child is made from strong stuff, it's the good days, the funny moments, the favourite story, the cake you made together. That's what they know of you.

How about this as a possible tactic.. A version of it worked for me in a sort of similar child access issue.

Don't make an enemy of the mother, rather try and explain that you're hurting and struggling to cope with this new reality as well.

Lest we forget you're not the bad guy here after all?

By not being angry, by dealing with your own hurt any way you can without causing more anger from her.. You leave the door open for future communication and therefore access to your child.

As for lawyers and courts.. Unless you get dragged into a case against your will, I'd suggest trying everything else first. Why? Well if you've got rights now, you've got em. Solicitors courts and that entails equals more bills, more time and probably mosylt important.. more stress you don't need.

It's jarring and shocking and to be Honest, a fucking horrible nightmare being prevented from seeing your little one. But remember this.. There will be a time when the mother either finds said father, who by the sounds of it doesn't know.. And there's a percentage chance won't want to know.

Or doesn't find him or doest even try to find him.

So where does that leave you?,

well as you've stayed friendly to the mum as you must, being the great dad you are,, you are already in the best position to continue your parental relationship with the child. You don't need a court to get what you want.

I'm just saying, we always go for the jugular us dad's.. We always explode at the mere suggestion of anything that might harm our kids.. In this case, might there be an easier way to get what you want.

Can't say it'll be quick or easy, but it don't cost you penny 1 and in the long run, probably in better mental health.

Good luck brother.

By *esparate danMan
over a year ago

glasgow

How did the conversation come about that you might not be her actual dad?

And why did mum stop you seeing her?

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Ah fuck. I’m sorry. That’s so shitty. Life can be so bloody cruel. But just so you know - you’re a good fucking dad

Don't feel like it atm, im dredding Friday when I go pick up my other 3 as I know she will be there wondering why daddy isn't taking her as well"

...jesus, that is harrowing. I'm sorry, man.

over a year ago

Very sorry to read this OP, I really hope your ex realises the bond you and your daughter have and let's you continue to see her

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

Hard situation for anyone to be in , tough as chips

Sadly tho the real person to suffer in this is the child ,

Cant understand why the mother thinks like this , but the child knows u and how is that child going to think when the other 3 go to u and shes not I do hope the mother changes her mind and what if the genetic father says get stuff want nothing to do with the child as in reality that could happen , I really hope that the mum continues to let the daughter go with you , at the moment there us no winner in this but sadly the main person shes hurting in all this is her daughter xxxx

over a year ago

If the mother refuses to let you see your daughter because that’s who she is, take it to court and ask for contact.

The courts will consider your daughter’s feelings and wishes in this situation and decide what’s right for her.

Good luck xx

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"If the mother refuses to let you see your daughter because that’s who she is, take it to court and ask for contact.

The courts will consider your daughter’s feelings and wishes in this situation and decide what’s right for her.

Good luck xx"

Doesn’t always help, a woman scorned can be very stubborn and courts are slow to act in the tine it takes then to finally enforce it can be too late and will cost a fortune . Better to sort it yourself, speaking from experience

over a year ago

I don't know what to say pal....shitty situation indeed.

A friend of mine met his wife about 20 years ago, she was single at the time and had 3 kids, the youngest being 3 years old....in time, they married and had a kid together....all 4 of them call him dad, because he IS their dad (even though he is only the FATHER of one of them.

Being the biological parent, is NOT the same as being a dad....(legally, i don't know where you stand, but morally, i do.... surely that has to count for something?)

over a year ago

I'm so sorry for you OP.

This must be a devastating blow, I agree with what others have said about getting legal advice.

As far as I'm aware but I am no expert if you are on her birth certificate that gives you rights.

Worth checking out. Xx

over a year ago

Having personally gone through 3 really bad years of family court (different circumstances and very complex) it absolutely boils my blood when women make selfish choices and play god with their kids, it makes the process harder for genuine cases in court when you need to keep certain people away from your child.

You need to tell your ex that right now she has two choices, she can either refuse to let you see your youngest daughter and in doing so will make that kid grow up with rejection issues which will impact on every adult relationship she has or she continues to let her have a relationship with you (the person she considers her father). That child is 7, her brain is a sponge absorbing and remembering everything that goes on.

It’s not the kids fault she isn’t biologically yours so to let her see her brothers and sister being picked up and her being left it is going to fuck her up in the future. Kids don’t know how to process things they’ll project onwards and think that they’ve done something wrong because they can’t articulate themselves.

IF the mother refuses then you threaten her, not with violence although I would give her a smack across the mouth, woman to woman, you threaten her with legal action. I assume as you’ve got 3 older children and was made to believe the youngest was yours then you should be named on the birth certificate? It’s around £260 for an application for contact, you can do it yourself without the need for solicitors costs, social services or CAFCAS will do what’s in the best interests of the child, not you, not the mother and the best interest for the child is continuity and still having a relationship with the man she believes is her father.

Try and keep a cool head, don’t send any nasty text messages or anything that can be used against you, if you want to call her a cunt do it in person with no witnesses.

over a year ago

Dreadful, and sorry to hear that fella. Sounds like you don't need that woman in your life, but hopefully your girl will see you the same as always and you can re-connect before long.

over a year ago

And just remember that the biological father, who probably has no idea he’s got a child, may want contact too.

It can be worked out as long as all parents act like mature adults.

over a year ago

This is from us both..really feel for ya and as my partner said this shouldn t be about blood it should, for the love of both you and your daughter, be about the love of you for her...this is so bloody cruel to both you and the girl. Our hearts go out to you.

over a year ago

One less Christmas present...

... every cloud

over a year ago

I dont have my own, but my partner does. Shes asked is your name on the birth certificate as it could give you a legal case. No need to answer its more is it worth considering.

over a year ago

So sorry to read this, sending a hug xxx

over a year ago

Sorry to hear this mate! Hope things get better for you soon!

over a year ago

Wow 7 years and now she won't let you take her.

So sorry to hear this.

Your heart and head must be so fucked right now.

That poor child will wonder what's going on when you can take her sister and brothers.

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

My dear sir if you have brought that child up and she see you as her father she will always be your daughter.

My heart goes out to you, I wish you all the best and keep strong

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"One less Christmas present...

... every cloud "

Ouch

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

... every cloud "

Ffs, there are times for humour but this is a really inappropriate & insensitive thing to say under the circumstances.

By *uHorny1Man
over a year ago

Cannock

Remember that being a father is not the same as being a dad. You're her dad- you brought her up. You're there when she needs you. You're the one who loves her.

There are are plenty of fathers who have never been good enough to be a dad.

over a year ago

... every cloud "

Normally I ignore shit and nonsense on the forum but this comment is out of order and I am not afraid to call someone out for it.

Her

over a year ago

... every cloud "

What a horrible thing to say.

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"Remember that being a father is not the same as being a dad. You're her dad- you brought her up. You're there when she needs you. You're the one who loves her.

There are are plenty of fathers who have never been good enough to be a dad."

Well said

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Brother,

Second, in your phone somewhere you'll have a number for someone who isn't involved and isn't family. Someone who's opinion you trust. Make contact, start a conversation. If it all spills out, fine that's the point.

Now, your attachment to this child is made from strong stuff, it's the good days, the funny moments, the favourite story, the cake you made together. That's what they know of you.

How about this as a possible tactic.. A version of it worked for me in a sort of similar child access issue.

Don't make an enemy of the mother, rather try and explain that you're hurting and struggling to cope with this new reality as well.

By not being angry, by dealing with your own hurt any way you can without causing more anger from her.. You leave the door open for future communication and therefore access to your child.

As for lawyers and courts.. Unless you get dragged into a case against your will, I'd suggest trying everything else first. Why? Well if you've got rights now, you've got em. Solicitors courts and that entails equals more bills, more time and probably mosylt important.. more stress you don't need.

It's jarring and shocking and to be Honest, a fucking horrible nightmare being prevented from seeing your little one. But remember this.. There will be a time when the mother either finds said father, who by the sounds of it doesn't know.. And there's a percentage chance won't want to know.

well as you've stayed friendly to the mum as you must, being the great dad you are,, you are already in the best position to continue your parental relationship with the child. You don't need a court to get what you want.

I'm just saying, we always go for the jugular us dad's.. We always explode at the mere suggestion of anything that might harm our kids.. In this case, might there be an easier way to get what you want.

Can't say it'll be quick or easy, but it don't cost you penny 1 and in the long run, probably in better mental health.

Good luck brother.

"

So sorry to hear your news op, this post here is great advice.

As someone whe has been through similar, I have a couple of other hopefully useful tips.

Get through each day as it comes. Your kids need you so don't do anything you might regret. You have to stay strong for yourself as much as them.

Second, don't make an enemy of your ex. Like it or not precedent in this country almost always favours the mum. Be prepared for a long journey... Mine took over 7 years. Its a long road.

Get yourself an advocate as quick as you can as you're going to need a sensible friend when you are unable to see things clearly.

Lastly, have a bloody good cry if you feel like it. Kudos to you for having the courage to reach out to this community. I hope things get a little better for you.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"Brother,

Good luck brother.

So sorry to hear your news op, this post here is great advice.

As someone whe has been through similar, I have a couple of other hopefully useful tips.

Get through each day as it comes. Your kids need you so don't do anything you might regret. You have to stay strong for yourself as much as them.

Second, don't make an enemy of your ex. Like it or not precedent in this country almost always favours the mum. Be prepared for a long journey... Mine took over 7 years. Its a long road.

Get yourself an advocate as quick as you can as you're going to need a sensible friend when you are unable to see things clearly.

Lastly, have a bloody good cry if you feel like it. Kudos to you for having the courage to reach out to this community. I hope things get a little better for you. "

Both these posts are great advice.

The stress of going to court, not to mention the expense, is better avoided if you possibly can.

I would say that it's probably worth getting one appointment with a solicitor who can tell you where you legally stand, just to be prepared if you do have to go down that route.

Kids are well aware when shit is going on. Just let all your kids know that you love them all, support them all and are there for them all, that as far as you are concerned that test doesn't change your love for them.

It's a heartbreaking situation and I hope you and the mum find a way to resolve it.

By *adbod74Man
over a year ago

Dudley

Oh brother this is horrid news, I'm baffled how the mother can do this to not just you but your daughter as well, blood dont always make a family, you both must be so broken, a d now she wants to find the real father? Does she even know who he is? And what a shock if he has no idea he has a 7 year old child....what a mind fuck

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/06/20 23:16:10]

over a year ago

... every cloud

Ffs, there are times for humour but this is a really inappropriate & insensitive thing to say under the circumstances. "

Thank you Jsm.... originally reply was in very poor taste and doesn't help the way im feeling in the slightest, i will always buy her both christmas and birthday presents, just because she is not my blood daughter, she IS still my daughter and that will never change.

Part of me hopes the batch ex will either never find the real biological father or he will want nothing to do with her, that way I can and will continue to have them ALL of a weekend

By *entle.ManMan
over a year ago

Slough

This sound awful. So sorry to hear it. But remember that the DNA is only a small part of a father-daughter relationship. The huge part is the love and care you give her, which she will absorb into the wonderful person you are helping her to become. The boss develop from a really, really young age. However hard things may get at the moment, those golden bonds are there for life. Don't lose hope. The best is yet to come.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

What a piece of work your ex is.

Sorry to hear that, brother. It won't seem so now but remember time is a healer.

By *esparate danMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Stay strong brother. Think back to Tuesday when you didn't know for sure and wanted to give out lickdowns

By *osie xWoman
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Op, have you spoken to the ex since the results?

I’m asking because maybe she made those threats of not seeing her as she was scared of your reaction when her big lie became uncovered. She may have said it thinking you wouldn’t want to know her and kind of got in their first based on a wrong assumption.

I agree with the poster that said try the softly softly approach, I think it will have the best results as, face it, if you got a phone call from a person that you had sex with 7 years ago saying you are a new dad, would you welcome it with open arms?

over a year ago

ok everyone, firstly I would like to say a big thank you to each and every one of you (except 1).

Today I had been beating myself up waiting for the hardest thing I would have to do (pick up 3 of my kids and leave one behind) but I was taken aback when I got to the ex's house to find all 4 of them with bags packed and ready for me!

I dont know who, how what or why she changed her mind but im so thankful she did (she is still a bitch in my eyes though!)

1 very happy daddy tonight

over a year ago

"ok everyone, firstly I would like to say a big thank you to each and every one of you (except 1).

Today I had been beating myself up waiting for the hardest thing I would have to do (pick up 3 of my kids and leave one behind) but I was taken aback when I got to the ex's house to find all 4 of them with bags packed and ready for me!

I dont know who, how what or why she changed her mind but im so thankful she did (she is still a bitch in my eyes though!)

1 very happy daddy tonight "

This is excellent news.

By *lorious hole bs16Man
over a year ago

Bristol

Anybody can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy..

Be gentle with yourself as all 4 children surely love you..

Samaritans 116 123 free call.. non judgemental listening service even in the middle of the night..

Chin up and remember you are loved .

over a year ago

"ok everyone, firstly I would like to say a big thank you to each and every one of you (except 1).

This is excellent news. "

Its better than excellent, its the perfect result for me and more importantly my youngest daughter!

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

Excellent news sir, happy it’s worked out for you .have a fabulous weekend with your family.

over a year ago

"Excellent news sir, happy it’s worked out for you .have a fabulous weekend with your family."

Thank you

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

Your very welcome.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

1 very happy daddy tonight "

That's great news. Probably don't feel like it but something nice for the ex for making your weekend might help it be more than a one off. Its a long road but enjoy the good times while you can.

over a year ago

That’s amazing. Just try and keep a cool head and be tidy even if she acts like a dick. That kid can’t feel left out, she is yours and it’s not her fault.

over a year ago

"That’s amazing. Just try and keep a cool head and be tidy even if she acts like a dick. That kid can’t feel left out, she is yours and it’s not her fault. "

I'm not going to spoil her any more than I spoil any of my kids, I would hate for the other 3 to pick up on it and wonder why I'm doing it!

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

This is excellent news.

Its better than excellent, its the perfect result for me and more importantly my youngest daughter! "

Great news!

over a year ago

Ah man that is the best thing I ve heard today..well happy for ya..enjoy.

over a year ago

"That’s amazing. Just try and keep a cool head and be tidy even if she acts like a dick. That kid can’t feel left out, she is yours and it’s not her fault.

I'm not going to spoil her any more than I spoil any of my kids, I would hate for the other 3 to pick up on it and wonder why I'm doing it! "

I didn’t say to spoil her more.

over a year ago

If you been part of her life for 3 yrs..where she knew you as daddy and Born within the relationship then you can apply for contact.

C100 form.gov website . About £255.00.

Tuff day op x

Post new Message to Thread