Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Can the planet be saved?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I would say yes it can and we have seen it in action during this lockdown in the early stages and we saw the benefits as well and that was just within 2 weeks, the earth healed and the animals took over, so there is really isnt any need for the world leaders to talk about it in their summit meatings and the activisist wouldnt have anything to do either. I would support a one a month lockdown period every year, would you? problem solved

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

People say they care but they don’t, a few days of nice weather and back to the beach leaving a mountain of rubbish behind, or taking disposable bbq’s and causing fires. People are just selfish

By *andomfodCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"People say they care but they don’t, a few days of nice weather and back to the beach leaving a mountain of rubbish behind, or taking disposable bbq’s and causing fires. People are just selfish "

It's been so sad to see it happen too. Being from the Midlands, we were looking forward to a day or two at the beach with how nice they looked once things settled down....now not so much.

By *iggle 321Man
over a year ago

N

"I would say yes it can and we have seen it in action during this lockdown in the early stages and we saw the benefits as well and that was just within 2 weeks, the earth healed and the animals took over, so there is really isnt any need for the world leaders to talk about it in their summit meatings and the activisist wouldnt have anything to do either. I would support a one a month lockdown period every year, would you? problem solved "

That's a bit like trying to keep the tide out with a fork. The answer has been staring us all in the face everyday but thing is you can't charge the people for sunshine. We have made massive leaps in such a short time... Hang in there as there are some very clever people working on it and your man Musk is a prime example.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m happy for a lockdown during the dreary post Christmas months. Emerge in Spring like beautiful butterflies to fuck the countryside and green spaces up again.

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Everything that is currently going on is the death throes of capitalism. How can you have infinite growth for ever (which capitalism needs)?

Answer you can't thus it will come crashing down one day.

You can only probably read this because, to give just one example, children mine coltan with their bare hands for your electronic devices.

So basically were fecked. It's just a matter of when.

over a year ago

Its no good trying to save the planet if the people on it are trying their level best to wipe themselves out with a pandemic!

over a year ago

"Everything that is currently going on is the death throes of capitalism. How can you have infinite growth for ever (which capitalism needs)?

You can only probably read this because, to give just one example, children mine coltan with their bare hands for your electronic devices.

So basically were fecked. It's just a matter of when."

Yes, we are not destroying the planet only shortening our lives here, with lockdows we are maintaing it here, earth would be its normal self after a few cycles.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

No .

The Human race will be gone in a few hundred years , and only then will the planet be saved .

We just wont be around to see it

over a year ago

The planet will always be fine, it’s us who can’t.

over a year ago

Indeed I’ve seen the good side of lockdown we need to grasp the fact that change can be made for the good of us all and our only planet

over a year ago

"No .

The Human race will be gone in a few hundred years , and only then will the planet be saved .

We just wont be around to see it "

That is right, we are living on borrowed time as well. I wonder what will come after us?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"No .

We just wont be around to see it That is right, we are living on borrowed time as well. I wonder what will come after us?"

Sadly I doubt we will ever know

over a year ago

"No .

We just wont be around to see it That is right, we are living on borrowed time as well. I wonder what will come after us?

Sadly I doubt we will ever know "

I reckon so too, you never know if there is already something that is evolving or it might be millions of years with nothing then something on earth.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The planet will be saved regardless of what we do barring collision with a huge meteorite. What condition it will be in is another matter.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The survival of humans is only important to humans. The planet really doesn't care.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"No .

We just wont be around to see it That is right, we are living on borrowed time as well. I wonder what will come after us?"

Some insects will continue and some species of very deep water fish I reckon. Life can be one cell though, it doesn't need to be sentient.

over a year ago

What's wrong with everyone if you was born in the 50s you would think the world had ended.

Going to bed with a candle to read with ice on the windows.

A small 14inch TV if you was lucky and a outside bog with the daily mirror as shit paper.

Now were moaning because we have to sit at home watching the 65inch TV while vid chatting on expensive phones or playing on expensive gamesAnd calling the take away to bring you food.

We have never had it so good.

Except those days did have more pubs

over a year ago

"No .

We just wont be around to see it That is right, we are living on borrowed time as well. I wonder what will come after us?

Sadly I doubt we will ever know I reckon so too, you never know if there is already something that is evolving or it might be millions of years with nothing then something on earth."

Viruses will come after us....one already is after us.

The first life forms on Earth were thought to be viruses.

I think we have already passed the tipping point...all we can do is keep it teetering for a while. It has been totally fooked up by big business and small (thinking) governments.

over a year ago

One word.

"Thanos"

over a year ago

"What's wrong with everyone if you was born in the 50s you would think the world had ended.

Going to bed with a candle to read with ice on the windows.

A small 14inch TV if you was lucky and a outside bog with the daily mirror as shit paper.

Now were moaning because we have to sit at home watching the 65inch TV while vid chatting on expensive phones or playing on expensive gamesAnd calling the take away to bring you food.

We have never had it so good.

Except those days did have more pubs"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/06/20 11:16:49]

over a year ago

"No .

Some insects will continue and some species of very deep water fish I reckon. Life can be one cell though, it doesn't need to be sentient. "

That is right as well, there are all kinds of life forms too

over a year ago

Think it was on Discovery or History channel I watched a programme called Earth after People, and showed you different scenarios for human extinction, but then shows (using cgi) how nature would take over again. Very interesting to see.

over a year ago

Yes.

What we need is something global to dramatically reduce the size of the virus called humans.

over a year ago

"No .

Sadly I doubt we will ever know I reckon so too, you never know if there is already something that is evolving or it might be millions of years with nothing then something on earth.

I think we have already passed the tipping point...all we can do is keep it teetering for a while. It has been totally fooked up by big business and small (thinking) governments. "

Yes viruses seems to be the natures way of kind of controlling what is going on.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"No .

Sadly I doubt we will ever know I reckon so too, you never know if there is already something that is evolving or it might be millions of years with nothing then something on earth.

I think we have already passed the tipping point...all we can do is keep it teetering for a while. It has been totally fooked up by big business and small (thinking) governments. Yes viruses seems to be the natures way of kind of controlling what is going on."

Nature is in over all control in the sense that we can do very little to prevent coastal erosion, earthquakes etc but I don't believe that nature balances things out in any organised way.

over a year ago

over a year ago

"No .

I think we have already passed the tipping point...all we can do is keep it teetering for a while. It has been totally fooked up by big business and small (thinking) governments. Yes viruses seems to be the natures way of kind of controlling what is going on.

Nature is in over all control in the sense that we can do very little to prevent coastal erosion, earthquakes etc but I don't believe that nature balances things out in any organised way. "

You are right there the nature always wins and the same goes when they divert a river, eventually it will come back to its original way, there is a popular say we are not killing the planet, only ourselfs.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"No .

I think we have already passed the tipping point...all we can do is keep it teetering for a while. It has been totally fooked up by big business and small (thinking) governments. Yes viruses seems to be the natures way of kind of controlling what is going on.

Nature is in over all control in the sense that we can do very little to prevent coastal erosion, earthquakes etc but I don't believe that nature balances things out in any organised way. You are right there the nature always wins and the same goes when they divert a river, eventually it will come back to its original way, there is a popular say we are not killing the planet, only ourselfs."

I think that people often forget that humans are part of nature and if nature is in control and has an overall plan then we're just conforming to it.

over a year ago

over a year ago

""

over a year ago

""

Excellent input on the topic you started

over a year ago

"Everything that is currently going on is the death throes of capitalism. How can you have infinite growth for ever (which capitalism needs)?

So basically were fecked. It's just a matter of when."

over a year ago

"No .

Nature is in over all control in the sense that we can do very little to prevent coastal erosion, earthquakes etc but I don't believe that nature balances things out in any organised way. You are right there the nature always wins and the same goes when they divert a river, eventually it will come back to its original way, there is a popular say we are not killing the planet, only ourselfs.

I think that people often forget that humans are part of nature and if nature is in control and has an overall plan then we're just conforming to it."

You are right there too they sure forget that, we are all as one with the nature

over a year ago

At midnight Britain managed 2 months without using coal for power stations. We have the largest wind farm in the world. We've made some terrible mistakes but it's not too late to make a change.

Post new Message to Thread