Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cruise - as in on the ocean !

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’ve wanted to do a cruise for a few years, preferably somewhere hot .

As a single guy is this a waste of money ? I don’t want to spend two weeks being well fed, but with no social interaction!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he_virgin_maryWoman
over a year ago

Here, there and everywhere!

They are what you make of them.

I went on one to the Norwegian fjords with my nan many years ago and enjoyed it but if I did one again I'd choose a boat more aimed at the younger market.

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

I work in travel and I would recommend a smaller ship for intimacy and social interaction. Some offer deals for single travellers so you don't have the huge supplements, which also attracts more singles too.

By *he_virgin_maryWoman
over a year ago

The other thing is if you can dance you won't be short of partners, the boat I went on actually employed single gents to be dance partners for the ladies on board

over a year ago

Do you have any names for the smaller ships ? Obviously it will ne for next year , when all this madness is hopefully over !

over a year ago

I love to dance , not sure I’m in the pro bracket , but a willing partner is probably better than a paid one !

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

"Do you have any names for the smaller ships ? Obviously it will ne for next year , when all this madness is hopefully over !"

Depends on where you'd like to go and your budget. There are loads of options. I'll PM you

over a year ago

"Do you have any names for the smaller ships ? Obviously it will ne for next year , when all this madness is hopefully over !

Depends on where you'd like to go and your budget. There are loads of options. I'll PM you"

Brill,thanks

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Fred Olsen has smaller ships. About a third of the passengers are single and there are lots of activities to join in. NCL do lots of singles deals and have a singles only lounge. I haven't been on Virgin but they cater for a younger crowd.

over a year ago

"Fred Olsen has smaller ships. About a third of the passengers are single and there are lots of activities to join in. NCL do lots of singles deals and have a singles only lounge. I haven't been on Virgin but they cater for a younger crowd. "

Thank you , that’s really helpful ??

By *he_virgin_maryWoman
over a year ago

"Fred Olsen has smaller ships. About a third of the passengers are single and there are lots of activities to join in. NCL do lots of singles deals and have a singles only lounge. I haven't been on Virgin but they cater for a younger crowd. "

It was Fred olsen I went on with my nan. They are definitely aimed at the more mature market.

Post new Message to Thread