Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lockdown & sti

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have we, as s by product, flattened the sti curve?

Going further than that, have me missed the opportunity to eradicate all communicable diseases while we had everyone locked down tight?

Obviously, as a nation, we barebacked our way to creating super (drug resistant) gonorrhoea , an achievement that will really shine through after the apocalypse when this hardy bacterium is the only living thing the Vogon will find when they stumble across this once bustling planet.

Maybe by way of stopping contact, we’ve flattened the curve on many diseases that rely on human transmission. Reason to be optimistic?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

It's not something I'd even thought about , but it's a good point

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Have we, as s by product, flattened the sti curve?

Going further than that, have me missed the opportunity to eradicate all communicable diseases while we had everyone locked down tight?

Obviously, as a nation, we barebacked our way to creating super (drug resistant) gonorrhoea , an achievement that will really shine through after the apocalypse when this hardy bacterium is the only living thing the Vogon will find when they stumble across this once bustling planet.

Maybe by way of stopping contact, we’ve flattened the curve on many diseases that rely on human transmission. Reason to be optimistic?"

Only if the carriers recieved treatment during this time surely? If not, it's like fleas... laying idle until the next disturbance on the carpet kicking them back into life and reproduction

P

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There have been reductions, including of HIV infections during lockdown. The reduction in the availability of clinic services is an issue as not all services are available without face to face meetings.

As with covid-19, not all STIs have symptoms for everyone, so it's worth people still having tests, just in case they caught something earlier.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Maybe by way of stopping contact, we’ve flattened the curve on many diseases that rely on human transmission. Reason to be optimistic?

Only if the carriers recieved treatment during this time surely? If not, it's like fleas... laying idle until the next disturbance on the carpet kicking them back into life and reproduction

P"

And with most non essential stuff cancelled, it’s unlikely anyone’s had the flea powder put down. Eurgh

By *lack UhuruMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Maybe by way of stopping contact, we’ve flattened the curve on many diseases that rely on human transmission. Reason to be optimistic?"

It's an interesting point. I hadn't even thought of it. Let's hope so despite all the people still meeting

Post new Message to Thread