Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cluster headaches

Jump to newest

By *adbod74 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dudley

Anyone else suffer, I could really use some friendship and support when I'm in mid attack

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What are they?

over a year ago

I had my first ocular migraine not long ago, that was an experience and a half....

over a year ago

I had a bad spell of them a few years back, had some medication for a week or two and got some glasses after having my eyes tested.

Haven’t had them since thankfully.

over a year ago

"I had a bad spell of them a few years back, had some medication for a week or two and got some glasses after having my eyes tested.

Haven’t had them since thankfully. "

Sumatriptan, had to go google the name

By *unlovers70Couple
over a year ago

Overseas

I do! I also get migraines so use to confuse them with a migraine! I can't take anything with aspirin so mine usually last a long time and are like someone has knifed me in the eye!

Mrs

over a year ago

"I had a bad spell of them a few years back, had some medication for a week or two and got some glasses after having my eyes tested.

Sumatriptan, had to go google the name"

I took this, made my entire jaw go numb so I couldn’t take them again

over a year ago

I get them really bad OP, I didn’t until I got pregnant. Ended up in hospital because they were making me feel faint and dizzy, and I was seeing flutters. Had an MRI scan done and had to wear an ECG, something showed up that was ‘abnormal’ but they didn’t know what and it was fine apparently.

They’re a total bitch, and I can’t take anything for it because I’m breastfeeding. And with having a baby at home, when do I ever have time just to lock myself in a dark room for a few hours?

I feel for you x

over a year ago

"What are they?"

This^

over a year ago

I took this, made my entire jaw go numb so I couldn’t take them again "

It’s going back a few years so I can’t really remember, I do remember the area around my eyes hurting ridiculously though, to the point I couldn’t keep it open properly.

My glasses aren’t strong at all either. At first I just wore them for driving, kept forgetting them so just wore them all the time

over a year ago

"I had my first ocular migraine not long ago, that was an experience and a half.... "

I get those.... Freaky huh.

Mainly if I'm stressed.

over a year ago

I took this, made my entire jaw go numb so I couldn’t take them again

It’s going back a few years so I can’t really remember, I do remember the area around my eyes hurting ridiculously though, to the point I couldn’t keep it open properly.

My glasses aren’t strong at all either. At first I just wore them for driving, kept forgetting them so just wore them all the time "

Oh no!

My husband takes them, he gets really awful migraines. Hardly ever gets them, but when he does, they’re awful. Those tablets usually knock him out, which is good for him when he’s suffering

By *adbod74 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dudley

Thankyou everyone knowing I'm not alone, the pain is so bad, mine started after a cycling accident I'm on triptan and topiramate, such a lonely condition

over a year ago

"Thankyou everyone knowing I'm not alone, the pain is so bad, mine started after a cycling accident I'm on triptan and topiramate, such a lonely condition"

Triptan sounds familiar, I think my husband might be on that

over a year ago

"I had my first ocular migraine not long ago, that was an experience and a half....

Mainly if I'm stressed. "

Never had them until two months ago then suddenly my vision goes and I can't read anything but I can see basic shapes and then I start seeing kaleidoscopic shit. Freaked me right out, I thought I was going blind and went to bed in a panic....

only happened twice so far thank fuck....

over a year ago

"Thankyou everyone knowing I'm not alone, the pain is so bad, mine started after a cycling accident I'm on triptan and topiramate, such a lonely condition"

I hope your medication helps.

I get cluster headaches and migraines, my eyes are affected. It seems to be caused by stress, which is made worse by worrying about how often i get them !!

over a year ago

I was put on Amitryptaline for headaches but they gave me a hangover the next day!! So I increased my water intake and bought some glasses that block blue light from phone, laptop and things have improved massively.

over a year ago

"I was put on Amitryptaline for headaches but they gave me a hangover the next day!! So I increased my water intake and bought some glasses that block blue light from phone, laptop and things have improved massively. "

I had amitriptyline too, I call them zombie pills. You gotta figure out what's the best time of day to take them, for me was 2-3pm so the extreme tiredness kicked in once work had finished and also worn off by morning. Side effects wore off after 6 months though. Not had clusters since, but still had other types of headache.

over a year ago

"I had my first ocular migraine not long ago, that was an experience and a half....

Mainly if I'm stressed.

Never had them until two months ago then suddenly my vision goes and I can't read anything but I can see basic shapes and then I start seeing kaleidoscopic shit. Freaked me right out, I thought I was going blind and went to bed in a panic....

only happened twice so far thank fuck.... "

It's nothing to worry about, generally pressure build up causing constriction which creates the kalidescope vision but should pass after a short time. Freaked me out first time too lol x

By *UCKDOLLYWoman
over a year ago

scotland

They’re horrendous, I’m currently on day 4 of one - suptripam isn’t working and I’m allergic to NSAID -

I feel u OP and anyone else who suffers

I have lie in dark room few paracetamol and can Diet Coke helps me ease it strangely enough

over a year ago

"They’re horrendous, I’m currently on day 4 of one - suptripam isn’t working and I’m allergic to NSAID -

I feel u OP and anyone else who suffers

I have lie in dark room few paracetamol and can Diet Coke helps me ease it strangely enough "

Is it the caffeine in the cola that helps I wonder? Paracetamol plus tablets are just paracetamol and caffeine.

over a year ago

"I do! I also get migraines so use to confuse them with a migraine! I can't take anything with aspirin so mine usually last a long time and are like someone has knifed me in the eye!

Mrs "

If you can't take Aspirin are you also aware of Salicylates in various foods / drinks. I was told about this some years ago and after cutting out those things containing high levels it did help cut down on migraines and severe headaches that I'd suffered for years. Might be worth looking into for you

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Anyone else suffer, I could really use some friendship and support when I'm in mid attack"

I get cluster migraines, so can sympathise. It's worse during stormy weathet.

My GP prescribed me Sumatriptan, which works well for me.

Post new Message to Thread