Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Does your dump charge?

Jump to newest

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

My local refuse facility has recently employed charges for the disposal of individual items.

Somewhat predictably, this has led to a steep increase in many would be patrons instead opting to fly tip around the local area rather than pay.

My question therefore: Does your local tip charge you? Is it a service you are happy to pay for or are you against the idea on principle?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Tradewaste I can understand. But not general household waste.....I'd be against that on principal.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I thought general waste disposal was covered by your council tax.

Fair enough, ours charge for things like fridges, asbestos, tyres etc where they have special procedures to adhere to, but not general waste.

over a year ago

"I thought general waste disposal was covered by your council tax.

Fair enough, ours charge for things like fridges, asbestos, tyres etc where they have special procedures to adhere to, but not general waste. "

I dont think they should charge for any of those things.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I think our dump only charges for builders waste like rubble.

If it's covered by council tax then that is how it should stay because charging individuals would disadvantage the less well-off.

There is already a problem with fly tipping. If you make it more expensive to dump stuff legitimately that would only make that problem worse.

over a year ago

For rubble, plasterboard etc yes

It’s pointless in my opinion, for the cost they charge I’m sure they pay much more out on dealing with fly tipping for those who won’t pay.

Post new Message to Thread