This subject is deep in my heart.

So, stigma...

It's all in our heads.

We are lazy.

We dont want to work.

We are attention seeking.

It can't be seen so its not real.

Some disorders are self inflicted.

PND must be a weak parent - others cope.

BPD, no such thing, we all have moods.

The list goes on. Please share your experiences with mental health and the battles that you face. I'm no expert but I've lived with it since I was little and its good to chat x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

This is close to my heart .

I've a son with autism and bpd I wish it was just moods as some say but it goes far deeper than that till u have experienced it then for some it's hard to understand x

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"This is close to my heart .

I've a son with autism and bpd I wish it was just moods as some say but it goes far deeper than that till u have experienced it then for some it's hard to understand x "

I really feel for you and your son, I know how hard it is to live with BPD never mind throwing Autism into the mix. I imagine during lockdown it must be more difficult for you?

By *antingfun007Man
over a year ago

hengoed

My brother has ptsd.. its awful to see him now compared with 5 years ago..

Talking to him about things really helps!!

Talk to someone x

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

I've a son with autism and bpd I wish it was just moods as some say but it goes far deeper than that till u have experienced it then for some it's hard to understand x

I really feel for you and your son, I know how hard it is to live with BPD never mind throwing Autism into the mix. I imagine during lockdown it must be more difficult for you? "

hes in assisted living it was the hardest decision I had to make I couldnt keep him safe he was massively self harming etc but saying that it's really helped him being were he is eventually got the right medication etc x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thoughts go out to all who suffer from mental health issues. It affects everyone at least one stage in their lives. I am glad that there seems to be less stigma around the subject.

I work in health and social care, so can see how it can take hold of a person in it's various forms.

I'd rather not post in forums about my personal experiences, not because I feel it is a taboo subject, but because I'd rather lend an ear to anyone who needs to talk or off load.

Hope all are able to be mindful of others, and that we all have our own issues and coping mechanisms. Be kind to each other

over a year ago

"My brother has ptsd.. its awful to see him now compared with 5 years ago..

Talk to someone x "

PTSD is incredibly difficult I've know ex soldiers who suffered. They were told to man up. The flashbacks would constantly pop in their heads. One of my ex army friends commited suicide over things he'd seen. But its not just army. Even a car crash can bring it on. So much can trigger it. I had a bad crash whilst pregnant, I still get flashes 18 years later. Talking helps alot, its just hard when you can't control what pops into your head xx

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I wouldn't spend any time on someone who was not compassionate to mental health, I have been in a very good place for over a year and apart from the first lockdown period, my mental health responds well to the meditation time I set aside for myself

over a year ago

I really feel for you and your son, I know how hard it is to live with BPD never mind throwing Autism into the mix. I imagine during lockdown it must be more difficult for you? hes in assisted living it was the hardest decision I had to make I couldnt keep him safe he was massively self harming etc but saying that it's really helped him being were he is eventually got the right medication etc x"

My friends son went into similar assisted accommodation, its the toughest of decisions but you made the right one there. With medication and people around him who can help him hes definitely in the right place. My friends son has improved too. xx

By *ormalguy71Man
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

It’s just a phase your going through, snap out of it.

I suffer PTSD, EUPD, Depression and Anxiety.

It’s not easy but I’ve learnt how to cope with it in my own way after having been through almost all forms of therapy.

Had some nightmare experiences with exes who just don’t understand it.

This is still a horrible stigma attached to it and sadly I just do not see that changing for some time.

By *antingfun007Man
over a year ago

hengoed

Talk to someone x

PTSD is incredibly difficult I've know ex soldiers who suffered. They were told to man up. The flashbacks would constantly pop in their heads. One of my ex army friends commited suicide over things he'd seen. But its not just army. Even a car crash can bring it on. So much can trigger it. I had a bad crash whilst pregnant, I still get flashes 18 years later. Talking helps alot, its just hard when you can't control what pops into your head xx"

It’s awful, he’s lost 11 serving friends through suicide.. no help from the armed forces .. disgusts me

over a year ago

Good morning

I have suffered at the hands of stigma

My late wife and son both died years ago and the bullies from my work used it against me.

I also have PTSD from my service in the army. Even my dad said it was girls stuff.

I had a complete breakdown and nearly committed suicide.

I now teach about mental health and wellbeing.

Reach out and chat with me and I will try and help

Dave xx

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

I really feel for you and your son, I know how hard it is to live with BPD never mind throwing Autism into the mix. I imagine during lockdown it must be more difficult for you? hes in assisted living it was the hardest decision I had to make I couldnt keep him safe he was massively self harming etc but saying that it's really helped him being were he is eventually got the right medication etc x

My friends son went into similar assisted accommodation, its the toughest of decisions but you made the right one there. With medication and people around him who can help him hes definitely in the right place. My friends son has improved too. xx "

it was very tough I found it very hard but at the same time I knew it was the right thing for him x

over a year ago

"Thoughts go out to all who suffer from mental health issues. It affects everyone at least one stage in their lives. I am glad that there seems to be less stigma around the subject.

I work in health and social care, so can see how it can take hold of a person in it's various forms.

I'd rather not post in forums about my personal experiences, not because I feel it is a taboo subject, but because I'd rather lend an ear to anyone who needs to talk or off load.

Hope all are able to be mindful of others, and that we all have our own issues and coping mechanisms. Be kind to each other "

Thankyou lovely, it can definitely take hold of the person but it affects the people around us. Caring, compassion and understanding is vital xx

By *edHeadedFunWoman
over a year ago

Didsbury

I did MST 3 nights a week for 6 months to help with my son, he has ADHD, Aspergers, depression, anxiety, numerous learning difficulties and add in to that normal teenager years and hormones. But he is 19 stable mostly because luckily he found a counsellor and psychiatrist that he trusted and was able to talk to as up until 15 he just couldn't talk to anyone or trust anyone enough to talk. I do think the understanding of mental health is getting better but still now6near were it should be.

By *ormalguy71Man
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"I did MST 3 nights a week for 6 months to help with my son, he has ADHD, Aspergers, depression, anxiety, numerous learning difficulties and add in to that normal teenager years and hormones. But he is 19 stable mostly because luckily he found a counsellor and psychiatrist that he trusted and was able to talk to as up until 15 he just couldn't talk to anyone or trust anyone enough to talk. I do think the understanding of mental health is getting better but still now6near were it should be. "

Finding a counsellor you have trust and faith in really is worth its weight in gold

over a year ago

"It’s just a phase your going through, snap out of it.

It’s not easy but I’ve learnt how to cope with it in my own way after having been through almost all forms of therapy.

This is still a horrible stigma attached to it and sadly I just do not see that changing for some time.

"

Its because its an invisible illness. Emotionally unstable personality disorder is incredibly difficult ontop of all the rest you suffer lovely. I never know if my thoughts are even right these days as they could change in a few hours. With PTSD on top plus depression I think you are doing incredible. Im not on medication as been told there isnt any for BPD/EUPD. Sometimes I wish there was as some days its like im 20 different people. What helps you cope?

over a year ago

Well I’m currently an attention seeking whore for mentioning my PND on fab. I’ve always been very open about my mental health issues. I’ve been on and off anti-depressants since I was fourteen, been to many different counsellors, tried different types of medication etc. I have bad anxiety, sensory issues which have stemmed from my anxiety, depression and on top of that, D-MER (google it).

over a year ago

"Thoughts go out to all who suffer from mental health issues. It affects everyone at least one stage in their lives. I am glad that there seems to be less stigma around the subject.

Hope all are able to be mindful of others, and that we all have our own issues and coping mechanisms. Be kind to each other

Thankyou lovely, it can definitely take hold of the person but it affects the people around us. Caring, compassion and understanding is vital xx "

Awh, no need for thanks, and I understand all too well the affect it can have on a person's loved ones. Compassion and empathy are definitely vital. My partners daughter is 26, has quite a rare neurological disorder at severe end of scale. She still lives at home, and due to condition and other factors can suffer from bouts of depression and other forms of mental health issues.

Thoughts out to people with PTSD, how ever that may have been triggered. As long as more and more people can talk openly about these issues, hopefully the less taboo it will become

By *ormalguy71Man
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Its because its an invisible illness. Emotionally unstable personality disorder is incredibly difficult ontop of all the rest you suffer lovely. I never know if my thoughts are even right these days as they could change in a few hours. With PTSD on top plus depression I think you are doing incredible. Im not on medication as been told there isnt any for BPD/EUPD. Sometimes I wish there was as some days its like im 20 different people. What helps you cope?"

I am medicated which seems to help a bit I guess.

Crikey what helps, I have several different ways to manage. From the adult colouring books, I collect coins so I’ll get lost in that, go for a long drive as long as I can avoid people, late at night/early morning I’ll go for a walk around the park. Anything really that keeps my mind occupied on anything apart from the demons.

Anytime you are struggling you are free to drop me a message, no miracle cures but am a good listener xx

over a year ago

"I wouldn't spend any time on someone who was not compassionate to mental health, I have been in a very good place for over a year and apart from the first lockdown period, my mental health responds well to the meditation time I set aside for myself "

I thought I coped well the first few weeks but now I know that wasnt the case. My bed was my friend. Its an incredibly difficult time now more so then ever. I know my MH appointments all got cancled so that didnt help but totally understandable. Its brilliant you are coping better. I really wish there was a medication for my condition. Ive tried so much over the years, now I know why nothing works as EUPD/BPD is mainly caused from traumatic experiences. Im so glad you are doing well, hugs lovely xx

over a year ago

"

So, stigma...

It's all in our heads.

We are lazy.

We dont want to work.

The list goes on. Please share your experiences with mental health and the battles that you face. I'm no expert but I've lived with it since I was little and its good to chat x "

pink I think your an amazing person with a huge heart and I think you do so well with your struggles. I myself have gone to a fairly dark place af6er my wife passed and it took me a long time to get right again. I still have days that I'm not right but I try to stay happy and positive. Its not easy but good friends do help x

By *edHeadedFunWoman
over a year ago

Didsbury

"I did MST 3 nights a week for 6 months to help with my son, he has ADHD, Aspergers, depression, anxiety, numerous learning difficulties and add in to that normal teenager years and hormones. But he is 19 stable mostly because luckily he found a counsellor and psychiatrist that he trusted and was able to talk to as up until 15 he just couldn't talk to anyone or trust anyone enough to talk. I do think the understanding of mental health is getting better but still now6near were it should be.

Finding a counsellor you have trust and faith in really is worth its weight in gold"

It really is, it was an horrendous struggle for some years but once he started seeing that particular counsellor and then the psychiatrist we started noticing the small positive differences within weeks.

over a year ago

"I did MST 3 nights a week for 6 months to help with my son, he has ADHD, Aspergers, depression, anxiety, numerous learning difficulties and add in to that normal teenager years and hormones. But he is 19 stable mostly because luckily he found a counsellor and psychiatrist that he trusted and was able to talk to as up until 15 he just couldn't talk to anyone or trust anyone enough to talk. I do think the understanding of mental health is getting better but still now6near were it should be. "

A fantastic councillor is vital. Its brilliant he can open up. At 19 hes gone through a hell of a lot but youve mentioned hes improved so thats amazing. I still wish there was more support in the NHS. Waiting lists are over a year long. I chat daily to a Psychotherapist, shes a family friend but a professional too. Id be screwed without her help x

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Its because its an invisible illness. Emotionally unstable personality disorder is incredibly difficult ontop of all the rest you suffer lovely. I never know if my thoughts are even right these days as they could change in a few hours. With PTSD on top plus depression I think you are doing incredible. Im not on medication as been told there isnt any for BPD/EUPD. Sometimes I wish there was as some days its like im 20 different people. What helps you cope?"

Hi Foxy

I have BPD, diagnosed about 4 years ago, direct result of severe PND over 16 years ago.

I'm on medication and thankfully have had no blips since

A second opinion may be worth getting.

I find its hard to cope with normal ups and downs as you automatically think you are going on a high or a low, and those around you do too!

I cope by volunteering with a charity to help other women in my position, atm it's all online but its usually face to face too.

I run my own businesses and I'm very busy, but have learnt to be kinder to myself in recent years too.

Yesterday, I was flat as a pancake, overthinking, and blowing things out of proportion

Lockdown was ok for a while but now I'm finding it hard not having contact with people outside my family as I'm a normally sociable person.

I also feel pretty fat and m low in confidence too, literally everything has been getting on my nerves lately

I'm happy to chat if you feel like it, I've tried to message you before but you have filters.

Take care, don't be too hard on yourself

Jo x

over a year ago

Talk to someone x

PTSD is incredibly difficult I've know ex soldiers who suffered. They were told to man up. The flashbacks would constantly pop in their heads. One of my ex army friends commited suicide over things he'd seen. But its not just army. Even a car crash can bring it on. So much can trigger it. I had a bad crash whilst pregnant, I still get flashes 18 years later. Talking helps alot, its just hard when you can't control what pops into your head xx

It’s awful, he’s lost 11 serving friends through suicide.. no help from the armed forces .. disgusts me "

I agree, once you leave the forces they dont care at all. Some suffer so bad they lose their family and Jobs. Ive seen some living on the streets till its finally gets to much

over a year ago

"I did MST 3 nights a week for 6 months to help with my son, he has ADHD, Aspergers, depression, anxiety, numerous learning difficulties and add in to that normal teenager years and hormones. But he is 19 stable mostly because luckily he found a counsellor and psychiatrist that he trusted and was able to talk to as up until 15 he just couldn't talk to anyone or trust anyone enough to talk. I do think the understanding of mental health is getting better but still now6near were it should be.

Finding a counsellor you have trust and faith in really is worth its weight in gold"

Totally xx

By *antingfun007Man
over a year ago

hengoed

Yeh countless failed relationships due to lack of understanding!!

Nearly lost him a few times

Becoming a grandfather really helped him though, seemed to give him a new lease of life, I say lease of life.. he’s stopped drinking 24/7

over a year ago

"Well I’m currently an attention seeking whore for mentioning my PND on fab. I’ve always been very open about my mental health issues. I’ve been on and off anti-depressants since I was fourteen, been to many different counsellors, tried different types of medication etc. I have bad anxiety, sensory issues which have stemmed from my anxiety, depression and on top of that, D-MER (google it). "

You are not an attention seeker at all. Some people on here have no clue as they dont suffer anything. (Or so they think). I had PND many years,I cried more then than in my whole life. Nothing prepares you for being a mother and all your homones and chemicals in the brain go haywire. I was told to get a grip. Im a bad mother or I was too old and if id had them younger Id not have suffered. I believed it too, I still do.

You put your thread up as you was in a very bad place and just needed friends and acquaintances to know so they would be there for you. Nothing wrong with that lovely. Youve been through incredibly tough times from what youve mentioned and no matter what you are still a survivor. Im unsure what sensory issues are but I will check. It pisses me off people are afraid to ask for help or afraid to vent a little regarding MH. You did and thats amazing. Sometimes I wish I was like that. Life is a crazy challenge in itself but all the MH you go through you are doing amazing even if you have many bad days because if out of all this you have one good day its an improvement. You also have amazing friends on here that support you. That hopefully helps. Im no expert sadly, I wish I was so I could offer the best possible advice to everyone

over a year ago

Its because its an invisible illness. Emotionally unstable personality disorder is incredibly difficult ontop of all the rest you suffer lovely. I never know if my thoughts are even right these days as they could change in a few hours. With PTSD on top plus depression I think you are doing incredible. Im not on medication as been told there isnt any for BPD/EUPD. Sometimes I wish there was as some days its like im 20 different people. What helps you cope?

I am medicated which seems to help a bit I guess.

Crikey what helps, I have several different ways to manage. From the adult colouring books, I collect coins so I’ll get lost in that, go for a long drive as long as I can avoid people, late at night/early morning I’ll go for a walk around the park. Anything really that keeps my mind occupied on anything apart from the demons.

Anytime you are struggling you are free to drop me a message, no miracle cures but am a good listener xx "

My Psychotherapist bought me an adult colouring book, when I was off work dec I did it daily. It helped. Now im back in work I forget to do it. Its very therapeutic. I miss coastal walks, the ocean is my calming place more then anything. Some days I dont want to face the world but ive an incrediblr husband then gets me motivated. The day gets easier then once my minds occupied. Thankyou lovely xx

over a year ago

My ex had serious MH health issues. When he hit rock bottom I had him kicked out of our house.

over a year ago

I have depression, anxiety and stress.

A few years ago i was off work for a while because of it. I had a lot of other health issues plus traumatic family stuff going on and it all got to much for me.

My family and friends were great, my work paid for counselling for me which was fantastic, far better than the NHS treatment that took months to get. I take medication which helps. I spent a fair bit of time at my local swingers club too, that helped, sitting drinking tea, chatting to people.

One aspect that bothered me though was that one of my bosses had made comments that people with MH problems just needed to man up, take some annual leave instead of being given a sick note, they also said that people use it as an excuse for everything !!!

It makes me avoid that person now. I did tell HR about their comments but nothing has changed.

over a year ago

"

So, stigma...

It's all in our heads.

We are lazy.

We dont want to work.

The list goes on. Please share your experiences with mental health and the battles that you face. I'm no expert but I've lived with it since I was little and its good to chat x pink I think your an amazing person with a huge heart and I think you do so well with your struggles. I myself have gone to a fairly dark place af6er my wife passed and it took me a long time to get right again. I still have days that I'm not right but I try to stay happy and positive. Its not easy but good friends do help x"

Losing your wife must have been one of the biggest battles ever. We never ever get over losing a loved one but I cant imagine what's it's like to lose a partner. She will forever been in your heart my dear friend and im so glad you have a close network of family and friends. Grief can be devastating, and only time eases it and if only a fraction. Thankyou for your kind words.

Peoples ignorance of MH made me write this thread xx

over a year ago

Finding a counsellor you have trust and faith in really is worth its weight in gold

It really is, it was an horrendous struggle for some years but once he started seeing that particular counsellor and then the psychiatrist we started noticing the small positive differences within weeks. "

Thats brilliant news knowing there are some incredible councillors out there. It would have been my dream job xxx

over a year ago

Thank you OP for raising this here.

I've suffered with depression for over 20 years, I still have bad days but mostly good or ok days.

I've spent years berating myself for something I cannot change so now I accept it.

I'm now medicated and enjoy weight workouts plus I have a personal trainer who is knowledgeable about mental health and impact of exercise.

I'm lucky I'm in a good place.

Fully understand how hard it can be...there is light at the end of the tunnel....

over a year ago

I have been in meds for a while now, I’ve suffered with my MH for a lot of years. Especially after the mental abuse from my ex husband. But I’ve got 2 sons who also suffer, with added complications of autism, adhd, learning disability and behaviour issues.

I have to stay strong for them but some days it’s a struggle. My youngest benefits from a good councillor but waiting for one is a long time. X

over a year ago

I feel grateful to have my health and mental health - and I hope I won't have to suffer any of these awful illnesses.

It is only in recent times that most of them are recognised.

It's difficult for people that don't suffer or have anyone close to them that does to understand.

Unfortunately because most of them are invisible It's relatively easy for some to jump on the mental health bandwagon to take advantage of the government.

over a year ago

Hi Foxy

I have BPD, diagnosed about 4 years ago, direct result of severe PND over 16 years ago.

I find its hard to cope with normal ups and downs as you automatically think you are going on a high or a low, and those around you do too!

I cope by volunteering with a charity to help other women in my position, atm it's all online but its usually face to face too.

I run my own businesses and I'm very busy, but have learnt to be kinder to myself in recent years too.

Yesterday, I was flat as a pancake, overthinking, and blowing things out of proportion

Lockdown was ok for a while but now I'm finding it hard not having contact with people outside my family as I'm a normally sociable person.

I also feel pretty fat and m low in confidence too, literally everything has been getting on my nerves lately

I'm happy to chat if you feel like it, I've tried to message you before but you have filters.

Jo x "

Hi jo, we sound so similar. Youve hd a tough time. We can definitely chat about this, I will message you later.

I've got body dismorphia ontop of BPD, having the both together is incredibly difficult. My weight gain has me in tears daily. Ive battled eating disorders since 17 when I was called chubby. I was actually skinny but leaving school I put on a few lbs. It caused devistataing effects. What medication are you on for BPD? I was told there wasnt anything. My Dr is now certain ive ADHD, thsts ontop of everything else. Im waiting to be seen regarding that as theres medication that helps.

I was misdiagnosed 4 years ago with Cyclothymia, I knew it was wrong. Then BPD came up and I 100% new it was me. I will pm you after x xx

over a year ago

Government money *

over a year ago

Thank you for making this thread OP. I suffer from BPD as well as bipolar disorder and I'm now recovered from bulimia after a 10 year struggle.

I know how tough the stigma can be to deal with. My conditions come with psychosis which is something that often makes people look at you in a different light even though it really shouldn't.

I'm not medicated since I hate the flat, zombie feeling meds give me, as well as the side effects.

I hope everyone else that is struggling is able to get help, and I wish you all the best.

over a year ago

"Yeh countless failed relationships due to lack of understanding!!

Nearly lost him a few times

Becoming a grandfather really helped him though, seemed to give him a new lease of life, I say lease of life.. he’s stopped drinking 24/7

"

Im glad having grandchildren helped. Something or someone to focus on is so helpful. There has to be more understanding and support. MH is absolutely huge. X

over a year ago

This is so close to my heart aswell OP.

I have a lot of my own issues including anxiety, a long term eating disorder and more recently I've been dealing with flashbacks and nightmares caused by a past trauma. All while still trying to get my head around losing my dad last year.

There's far too much stigma and judgement about MH, it's definitely not what anyone who's struggling needs to hear. I've had all sorts over the years

-forget about it

-move on

-its in the past

-be happy/don't be so scared

-just get on with life etc etc I could go on all day but I won't but the judgement definitely needs to stop.

over a year ago

"

So, stigma...

It's all in our heads.

We are lazy.

We dont want to work.

The list goes on. Please share your experiences with mental health and the battles that you face. I'm no expert but I've lived with it since I was little and its good to chat x pink I think your an amazing person with a huge heart and I think you do so well with your struggles. I myself have gone to a fairly dark place af6er my wife passed and it took me a long time to get right again. I still have days that I'm not right but I try to stay happy and positive. Its not easy but good friends do help x

Losing your wife must have been one of the biggest battles ever. We never ever get over losing a loved one but I cant imagine what's it's like to lose a partner. She will forever been in your heart my dear friend and im so glad you have a close network of family and friends. Grief can be devastating, and only time eases it and if only a fraction. Thankyou for your kind words.

Peoples ignorance of MH made me write this thread xx "

people often just dont understand it it's much like autistic people, you cant see it so you dont understand it and when someone autistic acts in a different way to the conventional people cant react poorly to it. As you know my youngest son is autistic and has had melt downs in public and you can hear and see people shaking their heads just thinking it's a naughty child and they dont understand. Juat because you cant see something doesnt mean it's not there xxx

over a year ago

"My ex had serious MH health issues. When he hit rock bottom I had him kicked out of our house. "

It must have been incredibly difficult for you both for it to have come to that. It goes to show MH can be difficult for everyone involved

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

I think it's only recently it's getting dealt with properly.For years it was hidden away.

The gmnt however need to start addressing it as loads of services have been slashed to the bone.

over a year ago

"This is so close to my heart aswell OP.

I have a lot of my own issues including anxiety, a long term eating disorder and more recently I've been dealing with flashbacks and nightmares caused by a past trauma. All while still trying to get my head around losing my dad last year.

There's far too much stigma and judgement about MH, it's definitely not what anyone who's struggling needs to hear. I've had all sorts over the years

-forget about it

-move on

-its in the past

-just get on with life etc etc I could go on all day but I won't but the judgement definitely needs to stop. "

never a truer word spoken sparkles some people just dont understand and no one knows what a person is dealing with behind their mask that's why I always try to stay positive and be kind to poeple I dont always get it right but its better to be nice as you never know how others are feeling behind the mask of confidence and bravado

over a year ago

"I think it's only recently it's getting dealt with properly.For years it was hidden away.

The gmnt however need to start addressing it as loads of services have been slashed to the bone."

Agree with this 100%

over a year ago

"I have depression, anxiety and stress.

A few years ago i was off work for a while because of it. I had a lot of other health issues plus traumatic family stuff going on and it all got to much for me.

My family and friends were great, my work paid for counselling for me which was fantastic, far better than the NHS treatment that took months to get. I take medication which helps. I spent a fair bit of time at my local swingers club too, that helped, sitting drinking tea, chatting to people.

One aspect that bothered me though was that one of my bosses had made comments that people with MH problems just needed to man up, take some annual leave instead of being given a sick note, they also said that people use it as an excuse for everything !!!

It makes me avoid that person now. I did tell HR about their comments but nothing has changed."

My boss is the same, hes treading on thin ice now.

These people have absolutely no clue. Its disgusting your HR have done nothing. Theres a MH act now and its not something these people in work want to mess around with. They can get in serious trouble.

None of us choose to suffer MH. Id give anything to be normal if theres such a thing. I need to find the correct name for the mental health act that I mentioned. I come under it in work and it protects me and everyone else whose on it xx

over a year ago

I’ve struggled with PTSD for 30 years, after a bad deployment in the military. I’ve seen things that were heartbreaking, but I keep pushing on. I will be on mirtazapine for life, it helps. Recently, the shrink prescribed propanonal and it has changed my life. No longer afraid to go to sleep, and actually sleeping well! I am in therapy and now understand more about the past. I am now positive, yet sad for those I lost, especially for one that was MIA for twenty years. I knew if I didn’t seek help, the outcome would be bleak. Now I talk about things and am open. Looking forward to a better future! Thanks for posting, and support!

over a year ago

"Thank you OP for raising this here.

I've suffered with depression for over 20 years, I still have bad days but mostly good or ok days.

I've spent years berating myself for something I cannot change so now I accept it.

I'm now medicated and enjoy weight workouts plus I have a personal trainer who is knowledgeable about mental health and impact of exercise.

Fully understand how hard it can be...there is light at the end of the tunnel....

"

Exercise is so important, I miss the gym so much as loved running. Im to selfconcious to go running on my own. Sounds like youve an incredible fitness trainer. 20 years is along time to suffer, im so glad medication has helped you plus exercise. For some people its vital

over a year ago

"I have been in meds for a while now, I’ve suffered with my MH for a lot of years. Especially after the mental abuse from my ex husband. But I’ve got 2 sons who also suffer, with added complications of autism, adhd, learning disability and behaviour issues.

I have to stay strong for them but some days it’s a struggle. My youngest benefits from a good councillor but waiting for one is a long time. X "

Having MH is incredibly hard but looking after your children too must take everything out of you. How the earth do you manage?.

I try to hide my problems from my 17 year old, I hate him seeing me down but he can tell. I feel so guilty Im not there constantly for him especially when I can't get out of bed. Hes definitely got an understanding now.

I think you are amazing coping

over a year ago

It makes me avoid that person now. I did tell HR about their comments but nothing has changed.

These people have absolutely no clue. Its disgusting your HR have done nothing. Theres a MH act now and its not something these people in work want to mess around with. They can get in serious trouble.

None of us choose to suffer MH. Id give anything to be normal if theres such a thing. I need to find the correct name for the mental health act that I mentioned. I come under it in work and it protects me and everyone else whose on it xx "

over a year ago

"I feel grateful to have my health and mental health - and I hope I won't have to suffer any of these awful illnesses.

It is only in recent times that most of them are recognised.

It's difficult for people that don't suffer or have anyone close to them that does to understand.

Unfortunately because most of them are invisible It's relatively easy for some to jump on the mental health bandwagon to take advantage of the government.

"

I agree here, there are some that will play on MH. I know alot who do and get so many benefits and has never worked. It affects everyone else then sadly who genuinely suffers.

Imagine if a blood test could pick MH up, life would be so different.

over a year ago

None of us choose to suffer MH. Id give anything to be normal if theres such a thing. I need to find the correct name for the mental health act that I mentioned. I come under it in work and it protects me and everyone else whose on it xx "

Do you mean the equality act 2010? There is an actual mental health act aswell which has been standing an awful lot longer but has been amended over the years

over a year ago

"Thank you for making this thread OP. I suffer from BPD as well as bipolar disorder and I'm now recovered from bulimia after a 10 year struggle.

I know how tough the stigma can be to deal with. My conditions come with psychosis which is something that often makes people look at you in a different light even though it really shouldn't.

I'm not medicated since I hate the flat, zombie feeling meds give me, as well as the side effects.

I hope everyone else that is struggling is able to get help, and I wish you all the best. "

Thankyou lovely lady. Its showing how so many on here and out there actually suffer from more then one MH illness. Years ago I though we could only be diagnosed with just one illness. The brain is so complex. Some never suffer. I cant remember being normal and not suffering tbh

I too have suffered eating disorders since 17. I now know my BPD has made the issue so much worse. If I gain weight a voice in my head tells me im useless, a failure. Then theres depression. If I only had Dismorphia my way of thinking might be slighly less critical. Taken years for me to figure this out.

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Hi Foxy

Jo x

Hi jo, we sound so similar. Youve hd a tough time. We can definitely chat about this, I will message you later.

I've got body dismorphia ontop of BPD, having the both together is incredibly difficult. My weight gain has me in tears daily. Ive battled eating disorders since 17 when I was called chubby. I was actually skinny but leaving school I put on a few lbs. It caused devistataing effects. What medication are you on for BPD? I was told there wasnt anything. My Dr is now certain ive ADHD, thsts ontop of everything else. Im waiting to be seen regarding that as theres medication that helps.

I was misdiagnosed 4 years ago with Cyclothymia, I knew it was wrong. Then BPD came up and I 100% new it was me. I will pm you after x xx "

More than happy to talk to you Foxy. Please do drop me a message, I'd love to chat to you

Jo xx

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

Three years ago I almost committed suicide. Twice in six months. We had lost our daughter, and a colleague chose to use her death as a weapon to attack me.

I was accused of being responsible for her death (she was termed as a late miscarriage, we held her only once in the hospital). I suffered significant emotional and verbal abuse, and those attacks drove me to a very dark place. I had to get a lawyer and a cease and desist order for defamation of character. As well as the grief of losing a child, I was left with significant trust issues. I struggle with aggression or swearing in email form, and I’m still triggered by the thought of people spreading lies and rumours about me and making unfounded accusations. Suicide is no longer a temptation, but I will never forget the promise of peace that blossomed from that darkness. These days I am mostly okay. I have my lulls, and I can be triggered. But the trauma of those days has made me a better, more compassionate person. There are some truly awful people in this world. Kindness is our shield against their wickedness. I am blessed here and elsewhere with friends who understand, who meet my kindness with kindness of their own. Together we support each other. It’s the best thing any of us can do Xx

over a year ago

-forget about it

-move on

-its in the past

-just get on with life etc etc I could go on all day but I won't but the judgement definitely needs to stop. "

Lovely you sound like youve had an incredibly tough time of everything. Losing you dad in top mudt have affected your MH greatly.

Im a huge worrier, all I hear in work is " stop worry, what's the point, get over it get a grip "etc. It makes me so angry. You cant just put fear in a suitecase, it wont just go away. Eating disorders break my heart and ruined my life its sometime ive learnt alot about. I can say you are sexy, thin and stunning but its how that person sees themselves sadly. When we look in the mirror and see something totally different, that's how bad MH can affect us.

Flashbacks are terrible too, you never know when it will pop in your head, talking about it helps but it can still happen. Only time has eased my car crash flash backs. Thats 18 years ago. I still get them on the motorways mainly. People cant see them so they think they aren't real like PTSD. Sending huge hugs to you and thankyou for sharing. Again id given the world to have studied MH and have it as my job xxxx

over a year ago

"

So, stigma...

It's all in our heads.

We are lazy.

We dont want to work.

The list goes on. Please share your experiences with mental health and the battles that you face. I'm no expert but I've lived with it since I was little and its good to chat x pink I think your an amazing person with a huge heart and I think you do so well with your struggles. I myself have gone to a fairly dark place af6er my wife passed and it took me a long time to get right again. I still have days that I'm not right but I try to stay happy and positive. Its not easy but good friends do help x

Peoples ignorance of MH made me write this thread xx people often just dont understand it it's much like autistic people, you cant see it so you dont understand it and when someone autistic acts in a different way to the conventional people cant react poorly to it. As you know my youngest son is autistic and has had melt downs in public and you can hear and see people shaking their heads just thinking it's a naughty child and they dont understand. Juat because you cant see something doesnt mean it's not there xxx"

People are bloody rude when they glare in public. Again no understanding and yes they think bad patent, cant control their own child. Its the complete opposite xx

over a year ago

"My ex had serious MH health issues. When he hit rock bottom I had him kicked out of our house.

It must have been incredibly difficult for you both for it to have come to that. It goes to show MH can be difficult for everyone involved "

It was horrible. People still think I'm an utter heartless bitch for doing it but it saved his life.

over a year ago

"Three years ago I almost committed suicide. Twice in six months. We had lost our daughter, and a colleague chose to use her death as a weapon to attack me.

I was accused of being responsible for her death (she was termed as a late miscarriage, we held her only once in the hospital). I suffered significant emotional and verbal abuse, and those attacks drove me to a very dark place. I had to get a lawyer and a cease and desist order for defamation of character. As well as the grief of losing a child, I was left with significant trust issues. I struggle with aggression or swearing in email form, and I’m still triggered by the thought of people spreading lies and rumours about me and making unfounded accusations. Suicide is no longer a temptation, but I will never forget the promise of peace that blossomed from that darkness. These days I am mostly okay. I have my lulls, and I can be triggered. But the trauma of those days has made me a better, more compassionate person. There are some truly awful people in this world. Kindness is our shield against their wickedness. I am blessed here and elsewhere with friends who understand, who meet my kindness with kindness of their own. Together we support each other. It’s the best thing any of us can do Xx"

over a year ago

None of us choose to suffer MH. Id give anything to be normal if theres such a thing. I need to find the correct name for the mental health act that I mentioned. I come under it in work and it protects me and everyone else whose on it xx

Do you mean the equality act 2010? There is an actual mental health act aswell which has been standing an awful lot longer but has been amended over the years"

Yes I think this is definitely one of the acts. Im sure there a mental health act too. My union rep has mentioned it before x

over a year ago

"I think it's only recently it's getting dealt with properly.For years it was hidden away.

The gmnt however need to start addressing it as loads of services have been slashed to the bone."

totally agree. MH needs greater funding now xx

over a year ago

"I have been in meds for a while now, I’ve suffered with my MH for a lot of years. Especially after the mental abuse from my ex husband. But I’ve got 2 sons who also suffer, with added complications of autism, adhd, learning disability and behaviour issues.

I have to stay strong for them but some days it’s a struggle. My youngest benefits from a good councillor but waiting for one is a long time. X

Having MH is incredibly hard but looking after your children too must take everything out of you. How the earth do you manage?.

I try to hide my problems from my 17 year old, I hate him seeing me down but he can tell. I feel so guilty Im not there constantly for him especially when I can't get out of bed. Hes definitely got an understanding now.

I think you are amazing coping "

I don’t know some days, but I have to. Being a single parent is hard work especially when you have the added stress of young adults with disabilities.

My sons psychiatrist says I’m the type of person that sees my kids sorted then will deal with myself. X

over a year ago

"I’ve struggled with PTSD for 30 years, after a bad deployment in the military. I’ve seen things that were heartbreaking, but I keep pushing on. I will be on mirtazapine for life, it helps. Recently, the shrink prescribed propanonal and it has changed my life. No longer afraid to go to sleep, and actually sleeping well! I am in therapy and now understand more about the past. I am now positive, yet sad for those I lost, especially for one that was MIA for twenty years. I knew if I didn’t seek help, the outcome would be bleak. Now I talk about things and am open. Looking forward to a better future! Thanks for posting, and support!"

This propanonalsounds incredible, is it just for PTSD?

Leaving the forces theres no support at all. So nany never settle in civvy street. Even with PTSD its difficult. Ive never settled. Im still ocd in many ways stemming from the army. Im so sorry you lost alot of friends lovely but im glad your MH has improved with medication and help. Hugs to you x

over a year ago

I always make a promise to reply to everyone whose commented. Im making my way down the list so bare with me. Im working later so be abit slower replying xx

over a year ago

"Three years ago I almost committed suicide. Twice in six months. We had lost our daughter, and a colleague chose to use her death as a weapon to attack me.

I was accused of being responsible for her death (she was termed as a late miscarriage, we held her only once in the hospital). I suffered significant emotional and verbal abuse, and those attacks drove me to a very dark place. I had to get a lawyer and a cease and desist order for defamation of character. As well as the grief of losing a child, I was left with significant trust issues. I struggle with aggression or swearing in email form, and I’m still triggered by the thought of people spreading lies and rumours about me and making unfounded accusations. Suicide is no longer a temptation, but I will never forget the promise of peace that blossomed from that darkness. These days I am mostly okay. I have my lulls, and I can be triggered. But the trauma of those days has made me a better, more compassionate person. There are some truly awful people in this world. Kindness is our shield against their wickedness. I am blessed here and elsewhere with friends who understand, who meet my kindness with kindness of their own. Together we support each other. It’s the best thing any of us can do Xx"

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I was diagnosed with anxiety after a particularly horrible relationship with an abusive ex. I'm never sure if it was a result of my childhood (physically and abusive father) or an innate thing. I do find things incredibly difficult - when I lost my real dad last year the grief was almost overwhelming and I was in a very dark place and almost gave up. And then again in December when I ended up in hospital for surgery I felt very alone and closed off from everyone. I overthink and worry to the point of being unable to sleep at times but I have better coping mechanisms now. Most of the time I'm good right now so I know that I'm fortunate. I'm also lucky because I have an incredible community of loved ones and friends; yes, I don't reach out to them often because I have this fear of being a burden but deep down I know they are there. I try and reach out to others and be there for them even if it's just chatting crap because I know how isolated you can feel when you have MH issues.

By *idewillyMan
over a year ago

poole

Everyone is different ive ocd not severe but everything i do has to be the best i can do i have anxiety i have insomnia since i was a kid i think differently good laugh though can be centre of attention or in the background i do speak straight to the point and at times i dont take these as bad points i havnt ben diagnosed as such but i know people in the profession And they meet every kind of person and we have had discussions and ive always been outside the box as a kid people didnt get me that was hard as a boy and in teens etc but hey thats the way the brain works i dont do any wrongs ive always been polite and respectful in my life im a bubbly guy who loves life ...i dont see things as negative but positive or unique....anyhow what is normal...is anyone

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

"I was diagnosed with anxiety after a particularly horrible relationship with an abusive ex. I'm never sure if it was a result of my childhood (physically and abusive father) or an innate thing. I do find things incredibly difficult - when I lost my real dad last year the grief was almost overwhelming and I was in a very dark place and almost gave up. And then again in December when I ended up in hospital for surgery I felt very alone and closed off from everyone. I overthink and worry to the point of being unable to sleep at times but I have better coping mechanisms now. Most of the time I'm good right now so I know that I'm fortunate. I'm also lucky because I have an incredible community of loved ones and friends; yes, I don't reach out to them often because I have this fear of being a burden but deep down I know they are there. I try and reach out to others and be there for them even if it's just chatting crap because I know how isolated you can feel when you have MH issues. "

over a year ago

Jesus chris you are incredibley brave and very very strong to go through all that and are here to talk about it. Its hard to believe there are people in this world who are pure evil. To drive you to attempting suicide ive no words strong enough for them. We look at each other on here and have no clue if the hidden turmoil and pain each and everyone has suffered. We are all strong , stronger then we think as we are talking about it. Thats the hardest thing in the world. Sending the biggest hugs to you fir sharing all that. That could not have been easy at all

over a year ago

"My ex had serious MH health issues. When he hit rock bottom I had him kicked out of our house.

It must have been incredibly difficult for you both for it to have come to that. It goes to show MH can be difficult for everyone involved

It was horrible. People still think I'm an utter heartless bitch for doing it but it saved his life. "

Not heartless at all, its incredibly hard not just living with mental health but living with someone who has it.

over a year ago

I think you are amazing coping

I don’t know some days, but I have to. Being a single parent is hard work especially when you have the added stress of young adults with disabilities.

My sons psychiatrist says I’m the type of person that sees my kids sorted then will deal with myself. X "

I think you are incredible xxx

over a year ago

-forget about it

-move on

-its in the past

-just get on with life etc etc I could go on all day but I won't but the judgement definitely needs to stop.

Lovely you sound like youve had an incredibly tough time of everything. Losing you dad in top mudt have affected your MH greatly.

Im a huge worrier, all I hear in work is " stop worry, what's the point, get over it get a grip "etc. It makes me so angry. You cant just put fear in a suitecase, it wont just go away. Eating disorders break my heart and ruined my life its sometime ive learnt alot about. I can say you are sexy, thin and stunning but its how that person sees themselves sadly. When we look in the mirror and see something totally different, that's how bad MH can affect us.

Flashbacks are terrible too, you never know when it will pop in your head, talking about it helps but it can still happen. Only time has eased my car crash flash backs. Thats 18 years ago. I still get them on the motorways mainly. People cant see them so they think they aren't real like PTSD. Sending huge hugs to you and thankyou for sharing. Again id given the world to have studied MH and have it as my job xxxx "

It hasn't exactly helped, I was just starting to get to a place where I could cope a bit better. Still grieving but managing it, the meltdowns had calmed down and I was starting to enjoy life again when the pandemic and then lockdown kicked in. Unfortunately lockdown has removed my physical support network, the phone just isn't always the same. I'm a very sociable person anyway and I've struggled being on my own since he died. In the midst of all that, there's been stuff dragged up from the past which is causing the flashback's. They are terrifying and unlike panic attacks which I'm more used to dealing with, they come without warning. I have no idea of my triggers of them yet because it's all still very new. I've had some very good friends that have been there to support and listen to me, it helps a lot. I agree, people don't understand which makes it harder to open up about them.

I've seriously considered going back to school and studying mental health, I was on the path for it before my dad died. If I can get myself back in a reasonable place then I'm definitely going to try.

Huge hugs back to you lovely lady, you are truly wonderful xxx

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

I was accused of being responsible for her death (she was termed as a late miscarriage, we held her only once in the hospital). I suffered significant emotional and verbal abuse, and those attacks drove me to a very dark place. I had to get a lawyer and a cease and desist order for defamation of character. As well as the grief of losing a child, I was left with significant trust issues. I struggle with aggression or swearing in email form, and I’m still triggered by the thought of people spreading lies and rumours about me and making unfounded accusations. Suicide is no longer a temptation, but I will never forget the promise of peace that blossomed from that darkness. These days I am mostly okay. I have my lulls, and I can be triggered. But the trauma of those days has made me a better, more compassionate person. There are some truly awful people in this world. Kindness is our shield against their wickedness. I am blessed here and elsewhere with friends who understand, who meet my kindness with kindness of their own. Together we support each other. It’s the best thing any of us can do Xx

Jesus chris you are incredibley brave and very very strong to go through all that and are here to talk about it. Its hard to believe there are people in this world who are pure evil. To drive you to attempting suicide ive no words strong enough for them. We look at each other on here and have no clue if the hidden turmoil and pain each and everyone has suffered. We are all strong , stronger then we think as we are talking about it. Thats the hardest thing in the world. Sending the biggest hugs to you fir sharing all that. That could not have been easy at all "

It wasn’t easy. It makes me feel vulnerable. But sometimes putting that out there is better than keeping it hidden. Thank you for doing this one today

over a year ago

"I was diagnosed with anxiety after a particularly horrible relationship with an abusive ex. I'm never sure if it was a result of my childhood (physically and abusive father) or an innate thing. I do find things incredibly difficult - when I lost my real dad last year the grief was almost overwhelming and I was in a very dark place and almost gave up. And then again in December when I ended up in hospital for surgery I felt very alone and closed off from everyone. I overthink and worry to the point of being unable to sleep at times but I have better coping mechanisms now. Most of the time I'm good right now so I know that I'm fortunate. I'm also lucky because I have an incredible community of loved ones and friends; yes, I don't reach out to them often because I have this fear of being a burden but deep down I know they are there. I try and reach out to others and be there for them even if it's just chatting crap because I know how isolated you can feel when you have MH issues. "

Aww lovely it breaks my heart to hear how so awful things have been for you. Its no surprise you suffer MH. One thing I know is those who care and love you will never feel like you are a burden to them ever. Infact they would feel deeply hurt if you didnt go to them. I see you often on the forums and I can tell you are well loved.

You didnt give up after losing your real dad, that just shows you are incredibly strong.I understand over thinking spent my life doing it..I cant control my worrying but one day I hope it improves. You are a survivor lovely lady

over a year ago

-forget about it

-move on

-its in the past

Flashbacks are terrible too, you never know when it will pop in your head, talking about it helps but it can still happen. Only time has eased my car crash flash backs. Thats 18 years ago. I still get them on the motorways mainly. People cant see them so they think they aren't real like PTSD. Sending huge hugs to you and thankyou for sharing. Again id given the world to have studied MH and have it as my job xxxx

It hasn't exactly helped, I was just starting to get to a place where I could cope a bit better. Still grieving but managing it, the meltdowns had calmed down and I was starting to enjoy life again when the pandemic and then lockdown kicked in. Unfortunately lockdown has removed my physical support network, the phone just isn't always the same. I'm a very sociable person anyway and I've struggled being on my own since he died. In the midst of all that, there's been stuff dragged up from the past which is causing the flashback's. They are terrifying and unlike panic attacks which I'm more used to dealing with, they come without warning. I have no idea of my triggers of them yet because it's all still very new. I've had some very good friends that have been there to support and listen to me, it helps a lot. I agree, people don't understand which makes it harder to open up about them.

I've seriously considered going back to school and studying mental health, I was on the path for it before my dad died. If I can get myself back in a reasonable place then I'm definitely going to try.

Huge hugs back to you lovely lady, you are truly wonderful xxx "

Id give the world to study MH, its its something thats part of me sadly I cant concerned for long and im not very brainy. I work with what I have. I left school only being good at PT. I seear adhd has been there since im little but it was never heard of in the 70s. My hubby thinks i can do it but my study days are over. If you can study it that be incredible. It will definitely help with your own MH too.

You say you dont know the triggers. Are there parts youve never opened up about? That could be a reason. Its come to the surface for a reason

I bury everything then it bites me on the arse when I least expect it. Talk helps but we dont always know why things are happening so its harder to understand that reason. You ate an absolutely lovely kind lady and I hope things get a little eadier especially after lockdown

Go to college lovely. Follow that dream x

over a year ago

Jesus chris you are incredibley brave and very very strong to go through all that and are here to talk about it. Its hard to believe there are people in this world who are pure evil. To drive you to attempting suicide ive no words strong enough for them. We look at each other on here and have no clue if the hidden turmoil and pain each and everyone has suffered. We are all strong , stronger then we think as we are talking about it. Thats the hardest thing in the world. Sending the biggest hugs to you fir sharing all that. That could not have been easy at all

It wasn’t easy. It makes me feel vulnerable. But sometimes putting that out there is better than keeping it hidden. Thank you for doing this one today "

I know it wasnt easy but you did the hardest thing, you opened up and more so wrote it down which is a greater achievement

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

-forget about it

-move on

-its in the past

Huge hugs back to you lovely lady, you are truly wonderful xxx "

You have been the biggest inspiration to me over the lockdown period. Your bravery in facing up to your past, while dealing with grief and the difficulties of lockdown and managing family... I know it’s been tough, I know you haven’t felt it, but you have been a beacon of strength. And you’ve helped me even when things have been difficult for you. I hope you can study again when this is over. You have so much to give

over a year ago

-forget about it

-move on

-its in the past

Id give the world to study MH, its its something thats part of me sadly I cant concerned for long and im not very brainy. I work with what I have. I left school only being good at PT. I seear adhd has been there since im little but it was never heard of in the 70s. My hubby thinks i can do it but my study days are over. If you can study it that be incredible. It will definitely help with your own MH too.

You say you dont know the triggers. Are there parts youve never opened up about? That could be a reason. Its come to the surface for a reason

I bury everything then it bites me on the arse when I least expect it. Talk helps but we dont always know why things are happening so its harder to understand that reason. You ate an absolutely lovely kind lady and I hope things get a little eadier especially after lockdown

Go to college lovely. Follow that dream x "

I've been told by a couple of people that studying it would help. I went back to doing a very small amount to try and understand what was going on which did help but when it's bad, I can't focus and it becomes very overwhelming. I need to get myself in a stronger place first. I thought id got there in the last few days and then one little thing set me off again, not quite as bad but it's definitely had an effect.

Yeah, it's stuff that got buried and never talked about which is why it's hit me like a ton of bricks now. I had to dig stuff up and reveal things that I never had any intention of letting come to light. It's hard going and exhausting but I have no choice but to deal with it now. I've been gradually opening up and talking to very few select people, they have been wonderful and just beyond amazing at helping me deal with everything as it happens. I'm very lucky to have these people in my life.

Thank you lovely xx

over a year ago

-forget about it

-move on

-its in the past

You have been the biggest inspiration to me over the lockdown period. Your bravery in facing up to your past, while dealing with grief and the difficulties of lockdown and managing family... I know it’s been tough, I know you haven’t felt it, but you have been a beacon of strength. And you’ve helped me even when things have been difficult for you. I hope you can study again when this is over. You have so much to give "

I'm so incredibly lucky to have you in my life, thank you for everything you've done. I hope you can see how truly wonderful and kind you are

over a year ago

I only discovered I had issues around 18 months ago but right from the get go, I have been looking for help. I've only been getting help for the past 6 months or so but I'm tempted to make some serious life and career changes to help better my mental health.

over a year ago

"I only discovered I had issues around 18 months ago but right from the get go, I have been looking for help. I've only been getting help for the past 6 months or so but I'm tempted to make some serious life and career changes to help better my mental health."

Ive left a few jobs for my own sanity and health. Jobs can be a huge cause of MH. I work for the NHS and they made my condition worse last year lucky I now come under the mental health act so i definitely feel im looked after more. Your job does sound very stressful lovely. Life changes would do you the world of good especially if you know its contributing to your well being.

It can take over a year to be seen on NHS waiting lists for MH. If they think you are in a dark place ive seen people dealt with quicker. Sadly most assessments dont pick up how low someone is. People have been missed in the system. Im glad you are now being seen, its a start and making changes may help greatly plus some medication if needed xxx

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

The black dog follows in the shadows.

Sending love and positivity to everyone who needs it.

Keep fighting. One step at a time.

Jo.Xx

over a year ago

We will always be here to support you when you need a little pick up _eli. You have given so much love and support to people in the lifestyle and without you in my life I would be lost. You are a banana sometimes for thinking your ever a burden in anyway. I'm sure everyone will agree with me when I say we love you and we will always be there to listen and stand by your side,in the dark times as well as the good ones x

By *ammy lynWoman
over a year ago

Stoke-on-trent

My partner suffers with depression and anxiety, the doctors just medicate and he gets no other help than that anymore. This lockdown has been awful for him as he is isolating alone.

Our son was having seizures for years but no believed us as they hadn't seen them themselves. That is until his headmaster saw him have one and wrote a letter for his doctor. Years of him suffering with frontal lobe epilepsy but no one else would listen.

over a year ago

"Good morning

I have suffered at the hands of stigma

My late wife and son both died years ago and the bullies from my work used it against me.

I also have PTSD from my service in the army. Even my dad said it was girls stuff.

I had a complete breakdown and nearly committed suicide.

I now teach about mental health and wellbeing.

Reach out and chat with me and I will try and help

Dave xx"

Firstlh so sorrh I missed your comment Id be gutted if i didnt answer everyone who messages as i know what its like to be left out off thread conversations.

Im so sorry about your family and all thats happened but I also think its incredible you are now able to help others. To have the knowledge and experience is amazing. Thankyou for sharing lovely man , xxx

over a year ago

My heart goes out to every single one of you. Life can be so cruel and people even worse. I live with depression. I find it easier to stay quiet about it. Because people think depression means miserable and attention seeking.

over a year ago

"My partner suffers with depression and anxiety, the doctors just medicate and he gets no other help than that anymore. This lockdown has been awful for him as he is isolating alone.

Our son was having seizures for years but no believed us as they hadn't seen them themselves. That is until his headmaster saw him have one and wrote a letter for his doctor. Years of him suffering with frontal lobe epilepsy but no one else would listen."

In this day and age the system shouldn't be letting people down. Your hubby sounds like he really needed counciling. Its worse now with MH departments on hold. Gutted for him. Thankgod your son has now got help

Cant believe you was doubted, thats awful for you I believe theres room for improvement and the NHS isnt no where near where it should be xx

over a year ago

"My heart goes out to every single one of you. Life can be so cruel and people even worse. I live with depression. I find it easier to stay quiet about it. Because people think depression means miserable and attention seeking."

People do think its an attention seeking think, screw all those that think it. Its far from it and if we could all wish away MH we would. Always good talking to someone, there are many understanding people out there, its finding them is abit trickier. Dont give up lovely

over a year ago

Your most welcome

Happy to share xx

over a year ago

"The black dog follows in the shadows.

Jo.Xx "

Thankyou Jo xxx

over a year ago

I've a son with autism and bpd I wish it was just moods as some say but it goes far deeper than that till u have experienced it then for some it's hard to understand x "

Autism is very big in our family,

I’m useless

Worthless

No one will love me

Being with me is a chore, an inconvenience

I’m nothing more than a workhorse.....

I hear you....I understand.....I care

Cguy

over a year ago

I’m useless

Worthless

No one will love me

Cguy"

I read that and instantly recognised loads of BPD traits, most of my own thoughts. Cant be easy you, just glad you understand. Not many people do.

over a year ago

"The black dog follows in the shadows.

Jo.Xx

Thankyou Jo xxx "

Thankyou Jo xxxxx

over a year ago

"My heart goes out to every single one of you. Life can be so cruel and people even worse. I live with depression. I find it easier to stay quiet about it. Because people think depression means miserable and attention seeking.

People do think its an attention seeking think, screw all those that think it. Its far from it and if we could all wish away MH we would. Always good talking to someone, there are many understanding people out there, its finding them is abit trickier. Dont give up lovely "

Thankyou OP xxxx

over a year ago

I’m useless

Worthless

No one will love me

Cguy

I read that and instantly recognised loads of BPD traits, most of my own thoughts. Cant be easy you, just glad you understand. Not many people do.

"

I have probable PTSD too

No one does understand,and I work for the NHS!!!

over a year ago

I’m useless

Worthless

No one will love me

Cguy

I have probable PTSD too

No one does understand,and I work for the NHS!!!"

Im NHS too, noone in my unit understands it, I stopped telling people about BPD as they would look at me like im bonkers. It cant be seen so its not real apparently

By *luryMan
over a year ago

?????

I was a mental health worker for years until I moved on to a new job in Jan this year. Mental illness is a terrible thing to happen to any one. Very few understand, vpeve fewer seem to care. Its hard for the staff to. We had to see a clinical psychologist every three months due to the issues we dealt with. Maybe one day they will figure out a simple, one size fits all treatment.

over a year ago

PTSD and depression here.

Work is useless when it comes to mental health, even the managers talk about people behind their back and to other staff when they're off sick with mental health issues.

P

over a year ago

Being mental is a gift !

As a example Mr TRUMP ! He's totally mental ! and being mental and totally off his tits ....as brought him untold riches ie..leader of the free world !

over a year ago

Exercise is so important, I miss the gym so much as loved running. Im to selfconcious to go running on my own. Sounds like youve an incredible fitness trainer. 20 years is along time to suffer, im so glad medication has helped you plus exercise. For some people its vital "

My gym is in cardiff so if you ever want to meet up and have a look with me, more than happy.

I've lost over 8 stone in a year and when I first went to the gym I was nearly 30 stone. But they supported and encouraged me and this helped my confidence. I now love lifting heavy weights, makes me feel so strong.

By the way, most trainers will provide sessions via online calls now using home equipment.

over a year ago

"I was a mental health worker for years until I moved on to a new job in Jan this year. Mental illness is a terrible thing to happen to any one. Very few understand, vpeve fewer seem to care. Its hard for the staff to. We had to see a clinical psychologist every three months due to the issues we dealt with. Maybe one day they will figure out a simple, one size fits all treatment. "

I wish I could do a job like it tbh, it must be stressful at the same time. Im not sure about one size fits all, there too many different forms of mental health and vast differences between each one. In what way do you mean lovely xxx

over a year ago

"PTSD and depression here.

Work is useless when it comes to mental health, even the managers talk about people behind their back and to other staff when they're off sick with mental health issues.

P"

Ive had to go to work myself on bad day in tears its bloody awful snd noone understands. Its bab managers are like that lovely x

over a year ago

"Being mental is a gift !

As a example Mr TRUMP ! He's totally mental ! and being mental and totally off his tits ....as brought him untold riches ie..leader of the free world !"

over a year ago

Exercise is so important, I miss the gym so much as loved running. Im to selfconcious to go running on my own. Sounds like youve an incredible fitness trainer. 20 years is along time to suffer, im so glad medication has helped you plus exercise. For some people its vital

My gym is in cardiff so if you ever want to meet up and have a look with me, more than happy.

I've lost over 8 stone in a year and when I first went to the gym I was nearly 30 stone. But they supported and encouraged me and this helped my confidence. I now love lifting heavy weights, makes me feel so strong.

By the way, most trainers will provide sessions via online calls now using home equipment. "

8 stone is brilliant. I have my own local gym I attend but no vlue whrn It will be open. Im enjoying cyberobics on my firestick, I try to do a little every day. I put a stone on and its wiped my confidence away. I need strong will power and determination now. Well done though on all you are doing xx

over a year ago

"I always make a promise to reply to everyone whose commented. Im making my way down the list so bare with me. Im working later so be abit slower replying xx"

Hope you are doing ok OP. Virtual hugs

over a year ago

As a example Mr TRUMP ! He's totally mental ! and being mental and totally off his tits ....as brought him untold riches ie..leader of the free world !

"

Yes ! So vote for Trump !!!

My feminine friend.

over a year ago

Yes ! So vote for Trump !!!

The elections are in November !

My feminine friend."

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"We will always be here to support you when you need a little pick up _eli. You have given so much love and support to people in the lifestyle and without you in my life I would be lost. You are a banana sometimes for thinking your ever a burden in anyway. I'm sure everyone will agree with me when I say we love you and we will always be there to listen and stand by your side,in the dark times as well as the good ones x"

You are so incredibly dear to me, you beautiful soul. Thank you for everything.

over a year ago

By the way, most trainers will provide sessions via online calls now using home equipment.

8 stone is brilliant. I have my own local gym I attend but no vlue whrn It will be open. Im enjoying cyberobics on my firestick, I try to do a little every day. I put a stone on and its wiped my confidence away. I need strong will power and determination now. Well done though on all you are doing xx"

Hun I've put on during this shit as well but know when I get back I'll work hard to get it off.

If you need any encouragement just holler hun xxx

over a year ago

"I always make a promise to reply to everyone whose commented. Im making my way down the list so bare with me. Im working later so be abit slower replying xx

Hope you are doing ok OP. Virtual hugs "

Thankyou lovely. Home now so catching up.

This MH thread has made me want to learn so much more about it. So much pain on here and I just wish I could help more

By *adbod74Man
over a year ago

Dudley

Lots of hugs for you, I too have a son who is disabled and 1 of his is severe autism, keep strong your not alone.

over a year ago

I have PTSD, anxiety and depression all going back to a particular time in my life when I was 17/18. Symptoms always differ but sometimes it effects me sexually. Which makes me feel kinda abnormal and damaged at times.

over a year ago

Lots of hugs for you, I too have a son who is disabled and 1 of his is severe autism, keep strong your not alone."

Hugs to you lovely, I cant imagine how hard it is for you and your children. Sounds like you are very strong yourself xxx

over a year ago

"I have PTSD, anxiety and depression all going back to a particular time in my life when I was 17/18. Symptoms always differ but sometimes it effects me sexually. Which makes me feel kinda abnormal and damaged at times."

Do you chat to anyone about it? We never know when PTSD strikes either.

You are not abnormal at all. As for damaged I think we all are a little but we constantly get up and try and repair ourselfs as best as we can. Stay strong lovely, sending hugs

over a year ago

"I’ve struggled with PTSD for 30 years, after a bad deployment in the military. I’ve seen things that were heartbreaking, but I keep pushing on. I will be on mirtazapine for life, it helps. Recently, the shrink prescribed propanonal and it has changed my life. No longer afraid to go to sleep, and actually sleeping well! I am in therapy and now understand more about the past. I am now positive, yet sad for those I lost, especially for one that was MIA for twenty years. I knew if I didn’t seek help, the outcome would be bleak. Now I talk about things and am open. Looking forward to a better future! Thanks for posting, and support!

Leaving the forces theres no support at all. So nany never settle in civvy street. Even with PTSD its difficult. Ive never settled. Im still ocd in many ways stemming from the army. Im so sorry you lost alot of friends lovely but im glad your MH has improved with medication and help. Hugs to you x"

Propanonol is used for fast heart rates, but there was a study in Holland that suggested it helped with PTSD, especially those who have flashbacks. I took the drug for a week, and no flashbacks since. In an odd kinda way, I miss the flashbacks, because I had a young man’s body and no pain. That was how I learned to make friends with the flashbacks, a Vietnam vet told me to make friends with it, so that was what I did. Post propranolol, I am a different person, no longer thinking of suicide and look forward to doing some good every day! Like you, I have never settled into civilian life, had difficulty holding down jobs and getting fired a lot! I can never work again, nor drive or ride a Harley again, but live to travel in peace! I hope you too find your peace OP, and all the rest of you do as well. Love is a powerful thing, even on a Fab forum thread!

over a year ago

"I’ve struggled with PTSD for 30 years, after a bad deployment in the military. I’ve seen things that were heartbreaking, but I keep pushing on. I will be on mirtazapine for life, it helps. Recently, the shrink prescribed propanonal and it has changed my life. No longer afraid to go to sleep, and actually sleeping well! I am in therapy and now understand more about the past. I am now positive, yet sad for those I lost, especially for one that was MIA for twenty years. I knew if I didn’t seek help, the outcome would be bleak. Now I talk about things and am open. Looking forward to a better future! Thanks for posting, and support!

Leaving the forces theres no support at all. So nany never settle in civvy street. Even with PTSD its difficult. Ive never settled. Im still ocd in many ways stemming from the army. Im so sorry you lost alot of friends lovely but im glad your MH has improved with medication and help. Hugs to you x

Propanonol is used for fast heart rates, but there was a study in Holland that suggested it helped with PTSD, especially those who have flashbacks. I took the drug for a week, and no flashbacks since. In an odd kinda way, I miss the flashbacks, because I had a young man’s body and no pain. That was how I learned to make friends with the flashbacks, a Vietnam vet told me to make friends with it, so that was what I did. Post propranolol, I am a different person, no longer thinking of suicide and look forward to doing some good every day! Like you, I have never settled into civilian life, had difficulty holding down jobs and getting fired a lot! I can never work again, nor drive or ride a Harley again, but live to travel in peace! I hope you too find your peace OP, and all the rest of you do as well. Love is a powerful thing, even on a Fab forum thread!"

Ive tried so much over the years prozak was the first in 1990s, id only been in the army a year and was sent to the gulf. At 20 it was one hell of an experience. I came back and wasnt the same according to my parents. It took 30 years to be diagnosed with BPD, I definitely had it in the gulf but the condition makes everything that more intense and extreme. I just learnt about it 29 yrs late. Things could have been easier and I believe my Dismorphia could have been dealt with differently too.

It must be difficult you cant drive yet you seem to have a determination. It would be interesting to here more of how you manage on here xxx

By *ealArtfulDodgerMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Hey all

I'm new to the forum so if any faux pas then I'll apologize first K?

Like many people (too bloody many unfortunately)

I too suffer with depression, anxiety and especially since corona and lockdown isolation it's took its toll...

What a great and a brave topic to bring up especially with the world the way that it currently is...

Personally I found counselling horrendous and it was a tick box exercise I felt for the counsellors and certainly done bugger all for me...

I need to get back to my GP and see what else there may be out there...

I feel all of your pain, insecurities and OCD's if the cap fits as I have em all in abundance x

over a year ago

"Hey all

I'm new to the forum so if any faux pas then I'll apologize first K?

Like many people (too bloody many unfortunately)

I too suffer with depression, anxiety and especially since corona and lockdown isolation it's took its toll...

What a great and a brave topic to bring up especially with the world the way that it currently is...

Personally I found counselling horrendous and it was a tick box exercise I felt for the counsellors and certainly done bugger all for me...

I need to get back to my GP and see what else there may be out there...

I feel all of your pain, insecurities and OCD's if the cap fits as I have em all in abundance x "

Hi lovely counselling isnt easy. Im waiting to attend a group for DBT Dialectical behavioural therapy. Its on hold now during lockdown. Im told its not easy and very draining but I will give it a go. Definitely ho back to your GP if you are not happy. GPs cant give offial diagnosis but they can refer you to a mental health outpatient department in the hospital. Again because of lockdown everything is different. The waiting lists before it were already a year long in Wales. Unsure what its like else where. Good luck lovely

By *omicNerdMan
over a year ago

Northallerton

Well this is something I have had for many years and I keep trying to block it out. After losing a family member and been bullied about my cleft I created an imaginary friend in my head, over the years I lost control of it and it started affecting my thoughts. The only way to describe how my head feels is like to beings fighting all the time, it is reallly draining.

I keep trying to meet more people despite getting very anxious and I hoped I would find the online world easier to deal with, but I am finding this is even harder as people do not reply.

over a year ago

"Well this is something I have had for many years and I keep trying to block it out. After losing a family member and been bullied about my cleft I created an imaginary friend in my head, over the years I lost control of it and it started affecting my thoughts. The only way to describe how my head feels is like to beings fighting all the time, it is reallly draining.

I keep trying to meet more people despite getting very anxious and I hoped I would find the online world easier to deal with, but I am finding this is even harder as people do not reply. "

Losing someone is the hardest thing in the world bullying ontop of that must have caused you so much pain. Whrn we are kids we are kids we dont think about the long term affects our actions can cause. Maybe after lockdown it will be time for you to talkbabout stuff. Burying it is definitely not the answer as it can resurface anytime.stsy strong and see your GP if you can

over a year ago

I wish I had better answers. Ive stressed all night wondering if I answered each comment ok, and did I leave anyone out. I so wish I was a professional at this. My eyes have been opened so much since yesterday. Ive learnt more about myself too. It is definitely a good thing to talk about and and I hope ive addressed everyones comments. Hugs

over a year ago

"I wish I had better answers. Ive stressed all night wondering if I answered each comment ok, and did I leave anyone out. I so wish I was a professional at this. My eyes have been opened so much since yesterday. Ive learnt more about myself too. It is definitely a good thing to talk about and and I hope ive addressed everyones comments. Hugs "

I understand you stressing, but you’re doing a great job and you’ve done a lot of good here! You should think about training to become a counsellor... I get by every day knowing that I am gonna do some good for others every day, in even a small way! You’re doing that too...

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I wish I had better answers. Ive stressed all night wondering if I answered each comment ok, and did I leave anyone out. I so wish I was a professional at this. My eyes have been opened so much since yesterday. Ive learnt more about myself too. It is definitely a good thing to talk about and and I hope ive addressed everyones comments. Hugs "

Don't put pressure on yourself lovely, easy to say I know.

I really think that you would be an asset to a charity or group to help people come to terms with their problems, no one can understand like someone who has been there.

But, take care of you first, this is what turned me around a few years ago and it works, you cannot take care of others if you don't take care of yourself, it took me far too many years to learn that. In box is always open if you want to chat, hiding for a while otherwise xx

over a year ago

"I wish I had better answers. Ive stressed all night wondering if I answered each comment ok, and did I leave anyone out. I so wish I was a professional at this. My eyes have been opened so much since yesterday. Ive learnt more about myself too. It is definitely a good thing to talk about and and I hope ive addressed everyones comments. Hugs

I understand you stressing, but you’re doing a great job and you’ve done a lot of good here! You should think about training to become a counsellor... I get by every day knowing that I am gonna do some good for others every day, in even a small way! You’re doing that too..."

Thabkyou so much.

I didnt get any qualifications in school and ive the attention span of a gold fish. I fall asleep on courses so i couldnt cope plus im now getting checked for ADHD so ive no hope of studying but it would be an absolute dream job. If I had one wish it would be to help those who suffer xx

over a year ago

You've been amazing lovely! Just giving people a safe space to feel they can open up in is a wonderful thing and you've done just that. Don't stress yourself out please. I and I'm sure many others appreciate your comments and the thoughtfulness that's gone in to them but don't hurt yourself trying to help others xx

over a year ago

"I wish I had better answers. Ive stressed all night wondering if I answered each comment ok, and did I leave anyone out. I so wish I was a professional at this. My eyes have been opened so much since yesterday. Ive learnt more about myself too. It is definitely a good thing to talk about and and I hope ive addressed everyones comments. Hugs

I really think that you would be an asset to a charity or group to help people come to terms with their problems, no one can understand like someone who has been there.

But, take care of you first, this is what turned me around a few years ago and it works, you cannot take care of others if you don't take care of yourself, it took me far too many years to learn that. In box is always open if you want to chat, hiding for a while otherwise xx"

Agreed! Xx

over a year ago

But, take care of you first, this is what turned me around a few years ago and it works, you cannot take care of others if you don't take care of yourself, it took me far too many years to learn that. In box is always open if you want to chat, hiding for a while otherwise xx"

Im terrible taking care of myself, thankgod my husband is incredible with me. Plus a Psychotherapist helps me. I am getting better. I know triggers and I know when I need time out from things. Controlling anger is still difficult and I carry that for days. This time last year id get angry over something for months. I use to change my profile every single day. Some on here haven't changed theirs in years. Thats a goal for me. Im fasinated by it too. It depends on my personality at the time. I still cant control how I change so many times a day. Its definitely a daily battle but ive never known any different so its part of my life like my Dismorphia from age 17. Thankyou again x

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple
over a year ago

kent

I understand you stressing, but you’re doing a great job and you’ve done a lot of good here! You should think about training to become a counsellor... I get by every day knowing that I am gonna do some good for others every day, in even a small way! You’re doing that too...

Thabkyou so much.

I didnt get any qualifications in school and ive the attention span of a gold fish. I fall asleep on courses so i couldnt cope plus im now getting checked for ADHD so ive no hope of studying but it would be an absolute dream job. If I had one wish it would be to help those who suffer xx "

Each of us have the capacity to help someone who suffers. You don’t need a qualification or letters after your name, you just need a heart. What you have done with this thread is a profoundly good thing. You have given the people who have posted here the chance to speak, and be heard. If connections between people arise as a result, it will be you who made that possible. Thank you for caring about us all. Your heart is amazing

over a year ago

Thabkyou so much.

I didnt get any qualifications in school and ive the attention span of a gold fish. I fall asleep on courses so i couldnt cope plus im now getting checked for ADHD so ive no hope of studying but it would be an absolute dream job. If I had one wish it would be to help those who suffer xx

Each of us have the capacity to help someone who suffers. You don’t need a qualification or letters after your name, you just need a heart. What you have done with this thread is a profoundly good thing. You have given the people who have posted here the chance to speak, and be heard. If connections between people arise as a result, it will be you who made that possible. Thank you for caring about us all. Your heart is amazing "

this melted my heart, thankyou so much. God im a softy lol

over a year ago

I suffer with both depression and anxiety and even recently tried to end everything so this is very much close to my heart. I’ve hated feeling this stigma and have tried to talk about this where I can, I’m thankful so much for threads like these which help me to realise there are others going through this that can empathise with how sometimes it can come from nowhere. I just want to send massive hugs to everyone

over a year ago

Well im glad you are still here lovely. Ive lost too many to suicide

I think 2 out of 3 suffer mental health. Its a huge umbrella with so many different catagories. I do believe getting the correct diagnosis can be vital. Over the yesrs ive been put in loads, nothing heloed because I wasnt diagnosed properly. How do you feel daily? Have you seen a GP or a MH councillor at all?

over a year ago

Everyone ive lost have been males. Its definitely more difficult for a man to open up but they have a heart and feel exactly the same as females. Its shows incredible strength to admit you have any MH issues

over a year ago

"Everyone ive lost have been males. Its definitely more difficult for a man to open up but they have a heart and feel exactly the same as females. Its shows incredible strength to admit you have any MH issues "

Thank you and yes I had suffered for years since a close family member committed suicide but I was stuck in a vicious circle of being so bad I didn’t want to move and needing to go for help to actually being able to go out and believing I had it under control, just over a year ago I went to the doctors to talk about this and have been put on tablets which I’ve increased the dosage and due to recent events I’ve been re-referred for CBT so I’m waiting for that before I decide if to increase dosage again, I’m in a different mindset right now but still often struggle, so honestly thank you OP for this thread

over a year ago

"Everyone ive lost have been males. Its definitely more difficult for a man to open up but they have a heart and feel exactly the same as females. Its shows incredible strength to admit you have any MH issues

Thank you and yes I had suffered for years since a close family member committed suicide but I was stuck in a vicious circle of being so bad I didn’t want to move and needing to go for help to actually being able to go out and believing I had it under control, just over a year ago I went to the doctors to talk about this and have been put on tablets which I’ve increased the dosage and due to recent events I’ve been re-referred for CBT so I’m waiting for that before I decide if to increase dosage again, I’m in a different mindset right now but still often struggle, so honestly thank you OP for this thread"

Im glad you are under a Dr, CBT will get you to open up alot more and thats a positive thing. Sometimes I dont like talking abit it especially when im happy as it drains me but the overall affect is definitely positive. Ive got group therapy after lockdown, dreading that but will give it a go xx

over a year ago

"Everyone ive lost have been males. Its definitely more difficult for a man to open up but they have a heart and feel exactly the same as females. Its shows incredible strength to admit you have any MH issues

Thank you and yes I had suffered for years since a close family member committed suicide but I was stuck in a vicious circle of being so bad I didn’t want to move and needing to go for help to actually being able to go out and believing I had it under control, just over a year ago I went to the doctors to talk about this and have been put on tablets which I’ve increased the dosage and due to recent events I’ve been re-referred for CBT so I’m waiting for that before I decide if to increase dosage again, I’m in a different mindset right now but still often struggle, so honestly thank you OP for this thread

Im glad you are under a Dr, CBT will get you to open up alot more and thats a positive thing. Sometimes I dont like talking abit it especially when im happy as it drains me but the overall affect is definitely positive. Ive got group therapy after lockdown, dreading that but will give it a go xx"

I just wanted to say I’m in a different mindset than I was last week in a good way I’m still not 100% there but it’s going the right way, that’s what I’m hoping for from CBT hopefully things for all of us will start to look up once lockdown is over x

over a year ago

Plus I have to say how much easier it has felt for me since I’ve opened up to others about my struggles, just simple things like checking in on me

over a year ago

Im glad you are under a Dr, CBT will get you to open up alot more and thats a positive thing. Sometimes I dont like talking abit it especially when im happy as it drains me but the overall affect is definitely positive. Ive got group therapy after lockdown, dreading that but will give it a go xx

I just wanted to say I’m in a different mindset than I was last week in a good way I’m still not 100% there but it’s going the right way, that’s what I’m hoping for from CBT hopefully things for all of us will start to look up once lockdown is over x"

Does it sound bad if I day i dont believe in 100% there. That would be perfect happiness and then when ive tried to achieve this and something goes wrong I go on right downers. I do try for the middle way if I can, I need balance.

Any positive days you have are a bonus. Hope this sounds ok. Far to long ive looked for perfect happiness. Xx

over a year ago

"Plus I have to say how much easier it has felt for me since I’ve opened up to others about my struggles, just simple things like checking in on me"

Opening up to others is a huge step but youve done it and thsts fantastic. Anyone who comes into my life for long enough I tell them about me incase I have one of my BPD days. Just gives them more of an understanding x

over a year ago

These days you can self-refer to organisations like Rethink. I volunteered for them for years as a counsellor and know the good they can do to help people with mental health issues. After all i was a service user myself and wanted to help others. help is out there, ask your GP who gives help in your area.

over a year ago

"These days you can self-refer to organisations like Rethink. I volunteered for them for years as a counsellor and know the good they can do to help people with mental health issues. After all i was a service user myself and wanted to help others. help is out there, ask your GP who gives help in your area."

In my local area theres a place called the Arc you can selg refer there plus walking clinics certain days. Its good these places are more available now x

By *igerfanianMan
over a year ago

hull

It's great that everyone is being so open and understanding on here no one knows what's going on in another person's mind.

I suffer with depression and anxiety and my normal coping strategy is to get out and do what I really enjoy and keep busy.

Sadly lockdown has ended all that so it's a big struggle as we all feel so isolated.

As we all know every day is a new day and hopefully if it's a bad one tomorrow will be better

Take care everyone and let's keep talking and there for each other.

over a year ago

"It's great that everyone is being so open and understanding on here no one knows what's going on in another person's mind.

I suffer with depression and anxiety and my normal coping strategy is to get out and do what I really enjoy and keep busy.

Sadly lockdown has ended all that so it's a big struggle as we all feel so isolated.

As we all know every day is a new day and hopefully if it's a bad one tomorrow will be better

Take care everyone and let's keep talking and there for each other. "

Lockdown is incredibly hard and more so when you suffer mental health and the things that kept you going are not allowed during lockdown. I think if someone is single then its harder. Im 100% certain id not have coped because being alone brings on very low and emotionally draining thoughts. I think those who are managing are beyond smazing and those who are struggling my heart goes out to them so much. On the forum is where I now spend alot of my time, not always positive experiences on here but im getting to know a few names now and its getting easier.I hope you are ok?

Do you have family and friends you chat too?

By *igerfanianMan
over a year ago

hull

Thanks for replying .

My close friends don't live nearby and I chat to others online but they have family etc so are busy themselves.

It'll soon be over and I can get out and about properly again.

"It's great that everyone is being so open and understanding on here no one knows what's going on in another person's mind.

Lockdown is incredibly hard and more so when you suffer mental health and the things that kept you going are not allowed during lockdown. I think if someone is single then its harder. Im 100% certain id not have coped because being alone brings on very low and emotionally draining thoughts. I think those who are managing are beyond smazing and those who are struggling my heart goes out to them so much. On the forum is where I now spend alot of my time, not always positive experiences on here but im getting to know a few names now and its getting easier.I hope you are ok?

"

over a year ago

"Thanks for replying .

My close friends don't live nearby and I chat to others online but they have family etc so are busy themselves.

It'll soon be over and I can get out and about properly again.

It's great that everyone is being so open and understanding on here no one knows what's going on in another person's mind.

"

Id like to believe it will be over soon but there again im in Wales. If you are able to do all the things you love soon then thats great. Ive set my sights on next year. Its just easier for me and if things do improve then its a huge bonus.

Try and interact more on the forums. It is a great way to make new friends xx

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

I have mental health issues, since a young age ,depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, and autism witch has recently been discovered ive attempted suicide 4 times ,plus other under lying heath problems, i treat my depression like a old friend ,and i know what triggers it ,

By *osmocoupleMan
over a year ago

East Sussex

I have been told I will be on my antidepressants for life as my depression is caused by a (physical) chemical imbalance in my brain....my parents still insist I should stop my tablets as a bit of counselling will do!!

over a year ago

Mental health is basically my whole life. I live with my own problems and also teach children with mental health difficulties. I wouldn't want anyone to experience

what goes on in my head on a daily basis. The amount of effort it takes to get through each day is exhausting. It's like having an annoying neighbour you can't get rid of so you have to compromise with them. This is despite knowing that they are trying to take you down with every action they perform.

over a year ago

"I have mental health issues, since a young age ,depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, and autism witch has recently been discovered ive attempted suicide 4 times ,plus other under lying heath problems, i treat my depression like a old friend ,and i know what triggers it ,"

It definitely helps knowing triggers. You sound like youve had an incredibly difficult time .you said its like an old friend, I feel the same as I can never not feeling like this. Its been so long. Hugs to you lovely and thanks for sharing xx

over a year ago

"I have been told I will be on my antidepressants for life as my depression is caused by a (physical) chemical imbalance in my brain....my parents still insist I should stop my tablets as a bit of counselling will do!!"

Some think counciling is the answer and nothing else. MH is also a chemical imbalance and talking about issues definitely isnt enough. Parents dont understand, mine definitely dont. If the medication works that's the most important thing for you. Do whats right for you lovely. Thankyou for sharing xx

over a year ago

"Mental health is basically my whole life. I live with my own problems and also teach children with mental health difficulties. I wouldn't want anyone to experience

what goes on in my head on a daily basis. The amount of effort it takes to get through each day is exhausting. It's like having an annoying neighbour you can't get rid of so you have to compromise with them. This is despite knowing that they are trying to take you down with every action they perform."

Mine 2, my brains the M25. I think its incredible you teach children too. You obviously have so much strength in you as well as looking after your own well being.

Im thinking of going back into dementia care its different to MH but I love looking after people and its a great start . I might look at volunteering too. Thankyou for sharing I think your doing a brilliant job xxx

Post new Message to Thread