Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Half the effort

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I'm doing a rather important conference call on Tuesday morning, Microsoft Teams, I've had a couple goes on it so far. But was wondering, on the day, on the day should I get all suited and booted as though I were attending the meeting in person.. Or would I get away with just making top half looking dapper and still in underwear or nothing on bottom half

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

"So I'm doing a rather important conference call on Tuesday morning, Microsoft Teams, I've had a couple goes on it so far. But was wondering, on the day, on the day should I get all suited and booted as though I were attending the meeting in person.. Or would I get away with just making top half looking dapper and still in underwear or nothing on bottom half "

It depends if you're going to stand up or not while you're having the meeting

over a year ago

"So I'm doing a rather important conference call on Tuesday morning, Microsoft Teams, I've had a couple goes on it so far. But was wondering, on the day, on the day should I get all suited and booted as though I were attending the meeting in person.. Or would I get away with just making top half looking dapper and still in underwear or nothing on bottom half

It depends if you're going to stand up or not while you're having the meeting "

Probably not, but would be good excuse to wear something other than outdoor clothes or lounge clothes

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If the meeting drags on and you feel the need to answer nature's call, you might be sorry you didn't make the effort

over a year ago

"If the meeting drags on and you feel the need to answer nature's call, you might be sorry you didn't make the effort"

Too true, not sure it would go in my favour at this kind of meeting.

Black trousers and shoes it is then

By *apiomanMan
over a year ago

Shipley

I would be smart top to toe. If you do need to stand up it shows that you have taken the whole deal seriously.

over a year ago

"I would be smart top to toe. If you do need to stand up it shows that you have taken the whole deal seriously. "

I do actually agree with this, I was just trying to make a light hearted thread, and as the normal 90% of the time, I'm not that actually as funny as I think I am.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Haha, I did that the other day with our global VP on teams, I had a smart shirt and trackies! He said I looked very smart!

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I've worn pyjama bottoms since March. Top half is business, bottom half is still asleep.

I'm living on Teams at the moment but nobody has noticed yet, even when I've stood up and wandered off for a cuppa!

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I always dress full. Just in case the camera falls or i forget there's a camera... Wouldn't want anything to visibly pop up !

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

It all depends on the type of meeting you are having who it’s with and if you need to impress or portray a certain type of image......

Mrs J x

Post new Message to Thread