Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The new normal.....-_-

Jump to newest

By *hillout OP   Man
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

As lockdown measures have greatly eased here, I decided to return to the gym for the first time in months today. What I experienced was a mixed bag -_-

First, upon arriving the car park was virtually empty as opposed to a normal sunday afternoon when it would be at least half full making me think that perhaps it was closed.

I park the car, make my way to the entrance and saw that yes, it was open

Upon entering there was table in the middle of the lobby where a young lady asked my name and appointment time. The puzzled look on my face was priceless as I asked her if it has to be booked in advance now to which she replied yes. Fortunately they hadn't filled the gym's current capacity so green light for me

Then she mentioned it was one hour max and by this time it was 16:15.

I hurry upstairs and find the changing rooms are closed and water fountains offline. Just seeing that gave me thirst

The gym instructor informed me that people have to come equipped already. I quickly go the WC and change there. The gym is quite large and where there would normally be a good 30-40 people in there I saw 10 max. I go to the section with the squat rack, bench press and benches for free weights. I didn't notice the sign that mentioned two ppl in that section at the same time max. The instructor comes over and interrupts my shoulder press because of this....even though the guy nearest me was further away than two metres.

On top of it all I struggled with a mere 60% of my standard training load

I was informed I can book ahead online but can already see what a hassle this will be because of my work schedule

Two pluses were how quiet the gym was and virtually no waiting to use anything. The fact it's an hour only leaves no time to faffing around if you want your money's worth.

They say it's the "new normal" though i've heard it so often it makes me cringe.

The next bastard I hear uttering the term, will, in the words of Mr Mystique, have to take it up the bum

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Welcome to the New World Order

Big Brother is watching you

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sun is shining...

over a year ago

I fear I shan't be swimming anytime soon

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

I hate this “new normal”

By *hillout OP   Man
over a year ago

"I hate this “new normal” "

It can go jump off a cliff with stalagmites at the bottom

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Our new normal and I like the idea but most seem to need to visit the opticians really soon as appear to be Mr Magoo and unable to spot:

One way system arrows in the supermarket and mall clearly marking the way

Marked out boxes on the floor - one person per box

Circles drawn in the park for you to sit in and social distance.... that’s two people max from the same house in one circle

If they could invent a hand to come up and slap someone every time they break the basics, we might get out of this nonsense sooner

over a year ago

"Our new normal and I like the idea but most seem to need to visit the opticians really soon as appear to be Mr Magoo and unable to spot:

Circles drawn in the park for you to sit in and social distance.... that’s two people max from the same house in one circle

If they could invent a hand to come up and slap someone every time they break the basics, we might get out of this nonsense sooner

"

They can start with protesters

over a year ago

God knows when they are opening in Wales, with all that hassle I think I will stick to cyberobics on my firestick

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"Our new normal and I like the idea but most seem to need to visit the opticians really soon as appear to be Mr Magoo and unable to spot:

They can start with protesters "

That day is done and people allowed it to go ahead

The above are every day markings we have that grown ups can’t seem to follow. Can’t see how it can be any clearly than the ‘idiot guide’ markings we have that adults still can’t read !

over a year ago

"God knows when they are opening in Wales, with all that hassle I think I will stick to cyberobics on my firestick "
invite me round when it does

over a year ago

I actually went for an eye test last week

over a year ago

"I actually went for an eye test last week"

I don't know why I f we let the need to blurt that on here but there you go

over a year ago

"God knows when they are opening in Wales, with all that hassle I think I will stick to cyberobics on my firestick invite me round when it does "

Abit far for a workout lol

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Brother I feel your pain and yes the next person to utter the words will personally be bummed to an inch of their life by yours truly

By *hillout OP   Man
over a year ago

"Brother I feel your pain and yes the next person to utter the words will personally be bummed to an inch of their life by yours truly "

Good man

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The "New Normal" will be just the same as the old normal, there will obviously be some interim "normals" to pass through on the way though.

Cal

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"The "New Normal" will be just the same as the old normal, there will obviously be some interim "normals" to pass through on the way though.

Cal"

Have you not read up there^^

Now bend over and spread em

over a year ago

Why is your gym even open it shouldn't be.

over a year ago

"Why is your gym even open it shouldn't be. "

Thats what i was thinking.

By *hillout OP   Man
over a year ago

"Why is your gym even open it shouldn't be. "

It's not in the UK. Life nearly back to normal here in the channel islands.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Is it a pay per month gym or a pay as you go gym?

Because I’m just wondering, won’t folk get a bit moody if they want to go to the gym but it’s constantly fully booked, yet they are still paying £60 a month?

over a year ago

"God knows when they are opening in Wales, with all that hassle I think I will stick to cyberobics on my firestick invite me round when it does

Abit far for a workout lol "

well be a hot and sweaty one

over a year ago

Fair enough

By *hillout OP   Man
over a year ago

"Is it a pay per month gym or a pay as you go gym?

Because I’m just wondering, won’t folk get a bit moody if they want to go to the gym but it’s constantly fully booked, yet they are still paying £60 a month?

"

It's monthly debit and to be fair, no money was deducted from my account while they were closed.

I can imagine the new system will be frustrating. Hopefully not for long! Phase 5 is on the horizon

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

It's monthly debit and to be fair, no money was deducted from my account while they were closed.

I can imagine the new system will be frustrating. Hopefully not for long! Phase 5 is on the horizon "

Yes, it’s a start. Hope you enjoyed it

By *hillout OP   Man
over a year ago

I can imagine the new system will be frustrating. Hopefully not for long! Phase 5 is on the horizon

Yes, it’s a start. Hope you enjoyed it "

I'll tell you tomorrow when I can barely move

Post new Message to Thread