Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The violence has to stop

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What the hell is wrong with people violence and destruction of property makes you look just as bad or worse

Don’t get me wrong everyone has the freedom of expression and to protest but I do believe there is no need for violence and two wrongs don’t make a right

Everyone on this earth and in every country deserves to be treated equally no matter what your background and colour etc I believe that but come on now there is no need to start with mindless violence and destruction of property

I don’t believe or condone racism on any front against any race that’s every race on the earth but also there is a line that shouldn’t be crossed in a protest or a demonstration and those minorities that cross that line are the ones who go to far and will be the ones who cause more problems for everyone

Were already struggling the world over and this isn’t helping anyone

Be piece full please make your point with words and banners not with force and violence your words are stronger than anything in the world and used right will always win over any force speak strong speak loud and keep the mindless violence at bay

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think it was Banksy who said this and I'm paraphrasing:

Like if there's a broken pipe in your flat and the people downstairs are getting flooded, they'd like to come and talk to you and fix the problem, but after lots of approaches and not being heard, at some point the door is gonna get kicked in...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looting and smashing cars up? So much for peaceful protest

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think it was Banksy who said this and I'm paraphrasing:

Like if there's a broken pipe in your flat and the people downstairs are getting flooded, they'd like to come and talk to you and fix the problem, but after lots of approaches and not being heard, at some point the door is gonna get kicked in..."

Great analogy

Reply privately

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Like if there's a broken pipe in your flat and the people downstairs are getting flooded, they'd like to come and talk to you and fix the problem, but after lots of approaches and not being heard, at some point the door is gonna get kicked in..."

Yup, enough is enough and the powers at be need to fix this shit.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

Why is it always

"racism is bad, but looting and destruction of property have to stop"

And never

"looting and destruction of property is bad, but racism has to stop"

?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why is it always

"racism is bad, but looting and destruction of property have to stop"

And never

"looting and destruction of property is bad, but racism has to stop"

? "

That's a very good question,alas I cannot answer it

Reply privately

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"Looting and smashing cars up? So much for peaceful protest "

It is called Anarchy.

Reply privately

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

I am not on Facebook, but Kaz showed me a post in which were 2 pictures. The top picture showed a line of people including Rosa Parks, linked arms walking with the caption under saying "This is a Protest." The bottom picture showed looting from shops in a USA city with the caption "This is violence."

Sums up perfect for me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Doubt any of the looters or rioters are on here reading this thread.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Racism has to stop, killing has to stop, violence has to stop.

Invoking anarchy to achieve justice is a dangerous game and once Pandora's Box is opened it's hard to shut.

Reply privately

By *egalBeetleWoman
over a year ago

London

I've met several racist white people, i guess all white people are racist now......

there will always be a group of people who will take something meaningful too far e.g. the looting.

Those people are not the same as those protesting.

Some statues will be associated with colonization, high profile people who marginalised p.o.c. etc and we will all have a different experience.

Yes words are powerful, and it shows your lack of knowledge that years of people have used their voice and words and it has fallen on dead ears.

Would our words have ended WW1/2?

sure, why didn't we just talk little Hitler down and given him a sensory box and shit would be fine?

What words were used during the occupation of ireland?

Martin Luther king known for his non-violent protesting was ultimately met by an assassination...

Most of the protesting has been peaceful. There will never be a convenient time to protest ones discrimination.

I'm sure like all the british soldiers to die at war never imagined their lives to be cut short..

I guess if we just used more words then that would have stopped.

#themoreyouknow

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Looting and smashing cars up? So much for peaceful protest

It is called Anarchy."

The virus doesn't care what it's called

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I am not on Facebook, but Kaz showed me a post in which were 2 pictures. The top picture showed a line of people including Rosa Parks, linked arms walking with the caption under saying "This is a Protest." The bottom picture showed looting from shops in a USA city with the caption "This is violence."

Sums up perfect for me. "

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s true and not advocating violence but many freedoms we take for granted - democracy, woman’s voting end of slavery - never came about just through taking. When people refuse to listen direct action is usually needed. But mindless violence is never justified

Reply privately

over a year ago

What I find interesting is the protesting about the racism and stereotyping off black people has turned In to the exact violent and criminal stereotype that the genuine good black people are trying to avoid.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think ppl on both sides of the equation have lost it a little during lockdown. And they've lost a bit of my faith too. Love and respect will win people over, but "taking" always means someone loses and we've all seen enough of that.....

Reply privately

By *ickawitchCouple
over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

"What the hell is wrong with people violence and destruction of property makes you look just as bad or worse

Don’t get me wrong everyone has the freedom of expression and to protest but I do believe there is no need for violence and two wrongs don’t make a right

Everyone on this earth and in every country deserves to be treated equally no matter what your background and colour etc I believe that but come on now there is no need to start with mindless violence and destruction of property

I don’t believe or condone racism on any front against any race that’s every race on the earth but also there is a line that shouldn’t be crossed in a protest or a demonstration and those minorities that cross that line are the ones who go to far and will be the ones who cause more problems for everyone

Be piece full please make your point with words and banners not with force and violence your words are stronger than anything in the world and used right will always win over any force speak strong speak loud and keep the mindless violence at bay

"

Well said . If only it would come true

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Indeed.

Reply privately

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

"I am not on Facebook, but Kaz showed me a post in which were 2 pictures. The top picture showed a line of people including Rosa Parks, linked arms walking with the caption under saying "This is a Protest." The bottom picture showed looting from shops in a USA city with the caption "This is violence."

Sums up perfect for me. "

You should also get him to show you the video of the woman in a wheelchair being assaulted, the guy getting suckerpunched then having his pockets rifled while he's unconcious on the ground and the guy who was set upon by a group who stamped on him, dropped shit on him and was then kicked in the head. Oh and the last guy died. All in the name of peaceful protest. BLM..yeah right

Reply privately

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

Why aren't the police using rubber bullets and water cannons against the scum rioting on the UK mainland?

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's a very pretty analogy, but how wet does a person have to be before they're allowed to bang the door down? I think BT are ripping me off but I'm not gonna shit through their letterbox now am I.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why aren't the police using rubber bullets and water cannons against the scum rioting on the UK mainland? "
Think there shit scared of been called racist.

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Like if there's a broken pipe in your flat and the people downstairs are getting flooded, they'd like to come and talk to you and fix the problem, but after lots of approaches and not being heard, at some point the door is gonna get kicked in...

That's a very pretty analogy, but how wet does a person have to be before they're allowed to bang the door down? I think BT are ripping me off but I'm not gonna shit through their letterbox now am I..... "

I think of it as people being oppressed and barely being able to keep their heads above that flood water. That it's impacting the very way they live.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's a very pretty analogy, but how wet does a person have to be before they're allowed to bang the door down? I think BT are ripping me off but I'm not gonna shit through their letterbox now am I..... "

You strike me as a decent fella, from what you post, but if I was a betting man, I'd reckon you'd kick the door in when the time was right and enough was enough.

I hear you re BT tho, British Gas and Thames Water are definitely taking the piss out of me, but I keep paying them. If they killed any of my family and friends I could see me kicking the door in...

Reply privately

By *lay 4 uMan
over a year ago

bolton

Smart water should have been used and anyone turning up at hospitals with covid should be turned away. And next thing is a public inquiry into why more ethnic minority people are dieing because of covid ask yourselves. And this is not a racist rant just someone sick of lock down trying to keep safe and help the NHS heroes who put there life on the line for idiots.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Our police are nothing like the Americans or many other countries over the world for that matter.

A young black man summed it up perfectly on the news yesterday who was amist the peacefully protesting.

People are losing sight of why they are protesting and unfortunately the black community will get the blame for the violence.

A small minority will always ruin it for the genuine people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why aren't the police using rubber bullets and water cannons against the scum rioting on the UK mainland? "

Because it's a volatile situation, and tactics being used are trying to defuse rather than escalate. Plus let's remember that not all people in the streets are rioting.

However! As for some of the comments above, I'm afraid I personally disagree.

If you're promoting violence to achieve an ideal, youd better realise that others will follow suit, and it wont always be to achieve something you want to be part of.

My experience? All these people wanting to get all war like, generally dont like it when it gets warlike!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can understand why the statue of colston the slave trader was attacked

Reply privately

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

Sums up perfect for me.

You should also get him to show you the video of the woman in a wheelchair being assaulted, the guy getting suckerpunched then having his pockets rifled while he's unconcious on the ground and the guy who was set upon by a group who stamped on him, dropped shit on him and was then kicked in the head. Oh and the last guy died. All in the name of peaceful protest. BLM..yeah right "

But the people rioting and looting aren’t in it for the peaceful protest, they are trouble makers looking for a fight and that takes over a peaceful protest and unfortunately people forget what it was for in the first place, then other people point fingers and go “ohh see there they go again”

Reply privately

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"Our police are nothing like the Americans or many other countries over the world for that matter.

A young black man summed it up perfectly on the news yesterday who was amist the peacefully protesting.

People are losing sight of why they are protesting and unfortunately the black community will get the blame for the violence.

A small minority will always ruin it for the genuine people. "

Exactly

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Our police are nothing like the Americans or many other countries over the world for that matter.

A small minority will always ruin it for the genuine people. "

I keep trying to say the same thing but got told it is fine to loot and vandalise . I also ask if it was their property / street / town getting defaced or vandalised would they still say the same

Looking at the Bristol one the people jumping on the statue once it was toppled looked manic. The London one yesterday all euphoric when a police rider was unseated and lay on the ground knocked out. Are they really there for the cause , I am not so sure

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

PS, I think this is a major distraction now as to why there are protests and won't help achieve anything

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's a very pretty analogy, but how wet does a person have to be before they're allowed to bang the door down? I think BT are ripping me off but I'm not gonna shit through their letterbox now am I.....

You strike me as a decent fella, from what you post, but if I was a betting man, I'd reckon you'd kick the door in when the time was right and enough was enough.

I hear you re BT tho, British Gas and Thames Water are definitely taking the piss out of me, but I keep paying them. If they killed any of my family and friends I could see me kicking the door in..."

Haha, omg the utilities companies are criminal lololol. I'm not even remotely violent though, never have been, I've always used my mind and wit to solve my problems and I wish more ppl could try to do that and see violence as a genuine last resort. I just think ppl are letting their cause down, and what makes it worse is that I'm actually with them, so they're letting us ALL down, innit

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is 2020, noone is allowed to say it is wrong whilst we all know it is, most of them are criminals who are just looking for a reason to riot.

Reply privately

over a year ago

A small minority will always ruin it for the genuine people.

I keep trying to say the same thing but got told it is fine to loot and vandalise . I also ask if it was their property / street / town getting defaced or vandalised would they still say the same

Looking at the Bristol one the people jumping on the statue once it was toppled looked manic. The London one yesterday all euphoric when a police rider was unseated and lay on the ground knocked out. Are they really there for the cause , I am not so sure

"

They are just there to cause trouble.

And some people on here are openly supporting the violence. Horrible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

there are people who just want to tip the establishment over but they don`t actually have anything to replace it with lol bit like when they burnt all the farms in south africa! Brilliant idea!

personally i can`t imagine why anyone would want to be a cop, nurse, firefighter, paramedic, they should all go on strike! Let the mob show them how its done lol When the police in new york stopped stop and search they were begging them to start again... but hay, what do i know lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Doubt any of the looters or rioters are on here reading this thread.

"

And this, just privileged sex starved nymphos looking for fame and praise, innit....

Reply privately

By *egalBeetleWoman
over a year ago

London

FYI: the Bristol statue pulled down (that I know of) was Edward colston.. who assisted with slave trade.

Why that statue was still up is beyond me.

Should we put up some jimmy savile statues since he had done so much for fund raising with charities.

Oh wait... there was one and that was destroyed.

Reply privately

By *ikely ladMan
over a year ago

Hounslow

This has gone to far, it's not even protesting anymore, it's just anarchy! I've seen footage of innocent people being set up on because of their race, How's this acceptable? It's just awful!

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Best wishes to the Police Officers injured yesterday. Hope they have a speedy recovery.

No sign of trouble on a march I attended today and lots of social distancing too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FYI: the Bristol statue pulled down (that I know of) was Edward colston.. who assisted with slave trade.

Should we put up some jimmy savile statues since he had done so much for fund raising with charities.

Oh wait... there was one and that was destroyed."

Don't worry jim will fix it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What the hell is wrong with people violence and destruction of property makes you look just as bad or worse

"

switch the media off don't succumb to the bullshit problem ended

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It is 2020, noone is allowed to say it is wrong whilst we all know it is, most of them are criminals who are just looking for a reason to riot."
I would actually question how peaceful the "movement" is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FYI: the Bristol statue pulled down (that I know of) was Edward colston.. who assisted with slave trade.

Oh wait... there was one and that was destroyed."

Let’s start burning all of the books that are about slavery and persecution so there is no more history that offends someone

They have just made a joke of the protest by smashing things up

Reply privately

By *egalBeetleWoman
over a year ago

London

Let’s start burning all of the books that are about slavery and persecution so there is no more history that offends someone

They have just made a joke of the protest by smashing things up "

... its almost like there are more than one way to preserve history.

Statues are normally erected for people we admire.

I dont see any Hitler statues around ....

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hear you re BT tho, British Gas and Thames Water are definitely taking the piss out of me, but I keep paying them. If they killed any of my family and friends I could see me kicking the door in...

Haha, omg the utilities companies are criminal lololol. I'm not even remotely violent though, never have been, I've always used my mind and wit to solve my problems and I wish more ppl could try to do that and see violence as a genuine last resort. I just think ppl are letting their cause down, and what makes it worse is that I'm actually with them, so they're letting us ALL down, innit "

I hear you mate... I don't like violence. It's a loss of control...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Best wishes to the Police Officers injured yesterday. Hope they have a speedy recovery.

No sign of trouble on a march I attended today and lots of social distancing too. "

There are some peaceful, respectful people. Lots of stories about decent people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In only just a few posts this thread shows the constant battle between mindsets around the World. To keep this brief because I have to do something else right now... there are those seeking to disrupt/divert just like Trump does with his base and shouting 'flag' don't let them 'disrespect the flag' bollocks... nothing to do with that. On the other side looters/violence... opportunists! Don't know any better or any other way... in other words 'angry misfits' ... overwhelming and most people are engaging in peaceful protests and saying enough is enough. 400+ years! Real change and equal justice for all will diffuse the situation.

It’s true and not advocating violence but many freedoms we take for granted - democracy, woman’s voting end of slavery - never came about just through taking. When people refuse to listen direct action is usually needed. But mindless violence is never justified "

^ I like those posts ^

If some Fabbers don't get overly sensitive when they can't handle the truth and get thread closed/removed I will pop back in later to expand on my thoughts... or I will find alternative threads. For the 100s that know me around the UK...

#BlackLivesMatter

With direct action their knees will be coming off necks! Believe that.

#Peace

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont see any Hitler statues around ...."

Probably not in the U.K.

But you just don’t wipe out history just because it’s not P.C

Reply privately

over a year ago

They might go after the statue of Cecil Rhodes.

Reply privately

By *egalBeetleWoman
over a year ago

London

I dont see any Hitler statues around ....

Probably not in the U.K.

But you just don’t wipe out history just because it’s not P.C

"

Dont worry it wont be wiped out, we have the fab ignorance to keep it alive.

Reply privately

By *egalBeetleWoman
over a year ago

London

"They might go after the statue of Cecil Rhodes."

Heres hoping.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Silly little sheep copying what’s going on in America let’s be honest here if the black guy hadn’t been killed by police would all these so called protesters have suddenly decided we have racist and brutal police of course not, let them all go home and pass on c19 to their parents grandparents etc and next year we can spend millions on why BAME community got it worse

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm deeply concerned about all these posts supporting violence as a means for change. For now it's for a cause you support, but what about when it's not? When does it stop?

Martin Luther King Jr. was a serial womaniser who had tens of affairs during his lifetime. We all know how Fabbers hate a cheating male but does this lessen his civil rights legacy or justify bringing down his statues? Absolutely not.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Now defacing winston churchill statue...absolute scum and nothing to do with racism they just want to riot and loot free stuff. Send in the army

Reply privately

over a year ago

Dick wits will be moaning about Lord Nelson Next

Reply privately

By *rs spicyCouple
over a year ago

Chesterfield near centre

But surely, if you use that analogy, you kick in the doors of the entire community, not the doors of any US cops, destroy your own community and still have a broken pipe.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh well....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh well.... "

Reply privately

By *it ov quality!Man
over a year ago

west yorkshire

"Now defacing winston churchill statue...absolute scum and nothing to do with racism they just want to riot and loot free stuff. Send in the army "
THEY??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Now defacing winston churchill statue...absolute scum and nothing to do with racism they just want to riot and loot free stuff. Send in the army THEY??"

Yes they... the ones who are there

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Now defacing winston churchill statue...absolute scum and nothing to do with racism they just want to riot and loot free stuff. Send in the army THEY??"

they

/ðe?/

Learn to pronounce

pronoun

pronoun: they

used to refer to two or more people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.

"the two men could get life sentences if they are convicted"

used to refer to a person of unspecified gender.

"ask a friend if they could help"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh well....

"

Sorry you're sad about my sad

Reply privately

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

since when did eye for an eye sort anything out? When did we value inanimate objects over human life?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh well....

Sorry you're sad about my sad "

I’m agreeing with your sad, I am also sad.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh well....

Sorry you're sad about my sad "

Ooopps wrong emoji *

Reply privately

By *itch74Woman
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

It's always the black that matters what about our own people.... If they'd stop killing each other then I might have a damn... No offence but its fact.... We never do protests for our own country so why gave a damn about another one... And America is the most popular crime

Rant over... Sorry if I've offended anyone but we all have our own opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh well....

Sorry you're sad about my sad

I’m agreeing with your sad, I am also sad. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's always the black that matters what about our own people.... If they'd stop killing each other then I might have a damn... No offence but its fact.... We never do protests for our own country so why gave a damn about another one... And America is the most popular crime

Rant over... Sorry if I've offended anyone but we all have our own opinion "

Huh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The violence will never end because there are billionaires prepared to drop massive amounts of money on destabilising the world. Paying fascists groups and even dirty police to sabotage peaceful protest. Antifa have been basically masquerading as pissed of citizens as well as BLM and causing mayhem to tarnish any peaceful protest or legitimate uprising. Reinforcing the need for cerfews, martial law and that as citizens we should be stripped of our freedoms because we cannot be trusted with our own safety.. it’s all one bit experiment being played on the world. To many People have seen through COVID for what it is. So they’ve started a race war. I don’t think there is any going back now really, the bad guys are going to do what ever they have to to secure their infamous plan for a NWO.

Or maybe I’m just a tin hat wearing nut job haha

Reply privately

over a year ago

This thread is like a really awkward funeral when the guy whose just died wasn't really well understood by his four ex wives and they all turn up full of raw and ill thought through emotion and BOOM....!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't normally give a shit what people protest about, all that walking about chanting with banners doesn't interest me no matter what the cause. It's the fact by protesting during a pandemic the message I'm hearing is no life matters. I can't help but think, why have the government allowed this to happen. It's now been proven black people have a higher death rate than whites. London being highly populated with black people. It's almost like they are leading the lambs to the slaughter and nobody is seeing it. Media pushing for protest. There is a good chance I won't be effected but I still care about the rest of the UK , for everyone. My heart sinks for drs and nurses when you see them crying because they are over worked, dying themselves and watching hundreds die every day . It must be horrific.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't normally give a shit what people protest about, all that walking about chanting with banners doesn't interest me no matter what the cause. It's the fact by protesting during a pandemic the message I'm hearing is no life matters. I can't help but think, why have the government allowed this to happen. It's now been proven black people have a higher death rate than whites. London being highly populated with black people. It's almost like they are leading the lambs to the slaughter and nobody is seeing it. Media pushing for protest. There is a good chance I won't be effected but I still care about the rest of the UK , for everyone. My heart sinks for drs and nurses when you see them crying because they are over worked, dying themselves and watching hundreds die every day . It must be horrific.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Now defacing winston churchill statue...absolute scum and nothing to do with racism they just want to riot and loot free stuff. Send in the army "

Wait until you find out that Churchill was a White supremacist.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Now defacing winston churchill statue...absolute scum and nothing to do with racism they just want to riot and loot free stuff. Send in the army

Wait until you find out that Churchill was a White supremacist. "

Most white folk were in the '40's....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well just remember BLM the same as WLM the same as every life matters ( not going to go through every race as it could go on all day) so why cause haters and violence with riots against innocent people

You’d think differently if it was your home shop or business being smashed up and looted for no reason

All that it should be it’s a protest and that’s it as said before violence dosent and will not solve anything it just makes you look bad and not saying everyone is but the minority thugs ruin it for the rest

As for the winston Churchill statue that’s just wrong along with defacing our war memorials and so on the slavery one I totally understand and that should have been removed a long time ago

I’m just shocked at how it’s come to this and also worried for all the people there and there safety how many may now die due to the pandemic or become seriously ill it’s not good and will there then be another protest over that

We all stuck together and worked so hard during the lockdown and it’s still in effect yet now all our hard work dedication and sacrifice could be lost and more life’s lost when they could have been saved through no ones fault now but there own

Reply privately

over a year ago

I’m not being racist at all I love everyone from every background I just don’t want people to die and get hurt anymore spread love not war

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Very well said. People who condone vandalism have no idea where these kinds of acts will lead to.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very well said. People who condone vandalism have no idea where these kinds of acts will lead to."

Thank you for being one person to understand

Reply privately

By *adetMan
over a year ago

South of Ipswich

I support the principle of BLM, of course I do. In fact I don't know of a single person who has said that black lives don't matter, nobody that would be taken seriously at least. Bad policemen kill innocent people and they will rightly stand trial for their crimes. The problem with these mass demonstrations is that for the majority of people (yes the majority of people actually couldn't give a hoot about the colour of somebody's skin) it now feels like all the progress that has been made over the last few decades has apparently all been for nothing. These protests are actually causing division where there was none before and for some reason they all seem to have convinced themselves (or have been lead to believe) that nothing has changed since the 1800s

Reply privately

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

Reading some of these statements I think some people need to take a deep breath and maybe have a bit of a break from the internet. No need to attack each other for different points of view. #bekind.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Very well said. People who condone vandalism have no idea where these kinds of acts will lead to.

Thank you for being one person to understand "

Reply privately

over a year ago

The statue had to be taken down at some point. But it is not upto a group of protestors to destroy public property. What next? Another group feels that Churchill is bad and destroys everything related to him?

This is not how a democracy functions. If you really care about democracy, don't support people who take law in their own hands.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think hes making a valid point. Hes not suggesting it's ok, hes highlighted where society was.

The English devastated my country's economy...a long time ago! The average Englishman doesnt have knowledge of it and certainly isnt responsible now. It wasnt ok, but it's not relevant now.

I fear that sensible dialect is quickly disappearing in this thread and theres some ugly comments.

If you cant comment objectively you're too emotionally involved and are probably inciting more trouble than resolution.....because that's what were seeking...isnt it???

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do not for one minute believe that the instigators of ANY rascist or destructively prejudicial policy anywhere in the world do not know what they are doing.

It is up to the oppressed to find a way through it.

Would ANYONE with hindsight have complained if more of the Jewish race had taken up arms during WW2? Some did, and it's strangely enough often left unpublicized.

Or if more (Afro-Americans) can't belong to two continents! Hadn't revolted during slavery.

Some did, again often unpublicized.

Some Nations are lucky that certain things don't come back to bite them harder....that's why it's better to handle others with love and respect in the beginning.

It's simple really.

Reply privately

By *nB23Man
over a year ago

London

"I support the principle of BLM, of course I do. In fact I don't know of a single person who has said that black lives don't matter, nobody that would be taken seriously at least. Bad policemen kill innocent people and they will rightly stand trial for their crimes. The problem with these mass demonstrations is that for the majority of people (yes the majority of people actually couldn't give a hoot about the colour of somebody's skin) it now feels like all the progress that has been made over the last few decades has apparently all been for nothing. These protests are actually causing division where there was none before and for some reason they all seem to have convinced themselves (or have been lead to believe) that nothing has changed since the 1800s"

The problem isn't just bad policemen in the US. It's an inherent racist judicial system where policemen haven't been held accountable when victims are black. It's a legacy of slavery.

And for you and quite a few people on here you believe that progress has been made and there isn't any division. However, many of us still feel hugely underepresented in the UK and it's clear when you look at the diversity in many areas of this society. Hence why people want their voices to be heard.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's always the black that matters what about our own people.... If they'd stop killing each other then I might have a damn... No offence but its fact.... We never do protests for our own country so why gave a damn about another one... And America is the most popular crime

Rant over... Sorry if I've offended anyone but we all have our own opinion "

Exactly who are ‘our own people’?

Reply privately