Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How to repair a box?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Recently bought a new push bike n all seemed ok. then on only the third time out the bloody chain snagged bent the derailler n forced it into the wheel buckling it.

Have now to send it back luckily had saved the box. But in the meantime 2 youngest had found said box and decided it was their new toy. Its a disaster am now sat with scissors tape pieces of cardboard trying to repair the thing. I keep looking at the big sign on the box that says, 'please keep this box so it can be used to return this item in the condition it reached you'

Dam oh for a Blue Peter moment.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

[Removed by poster at 02/10/09 12:55:03]

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"Recently bought a new push bike n all seemed ok. then on only the third time out the bloody chain snagged bent the derailler n forced it into the wheel buckling it.

Have now to send it back luckily had saved the box. But in the meantime 2 youngest had found said box and decided it was their new toy. Its a disaster am now sat with scissors tape pieces of cardboard trying to repair the thing. I keep looking at the big sign on the box that says, 'please keep this box so it can be used to return this item in the condition it reached you'

Dam oh for a Blue Peter moment. "

why don't you pop along to halfords and see if they have a suitable box from their stock that they might allow you to have and problem cured

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Have you got a washing up liquid bottle and a roll of sticky back plastic?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/10/09 14:42:50]

over a year ago

Dam must take more time typing lol.

both fab ideas, will make trip to halfords n keep washing up bottle etc as a fall back.

Thank you xxxxx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think at the time of delivery if I had seen

'please keep this box so it can be used to return this item in the condition it reached you'

the alarm bells would have been going off and it would have gone straight back

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

"Recently bought a new push bike n all seemed ok. then on only the third time out the bloody chain snagged bent the derailler n forced it into the wheel buckling it.

Dam oh for a Blue Peter moment. "

ahh i see your problem it is a "push bike" you were not ment to ride itlol think you will find waranty is void

Post new Message to Thread