Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Yoga

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’ve decided to look into this to initially help me with my own mind and body but to also try and keep busy during these times.

I’m still fairly flexible but some of the YouTube videos make people out to be contortionist.

Is there anybody on here that’s into Yoga that can give me a few pointers?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Along come all the men asking if you’re likely to be wearing yoga pants and where the pictures are

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

"Along come all the men asking if you’re likely to be wearing yoga pants and where the pictures are "

Us? Never!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

There have been a couple of yoga threads recently. Have a look at them.

I've looked at Amazon prime for some beginners videos which seem achievable but I'm too darn impatient and my mind wanders

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Along come all the men asking if you’re likely to be wearing yoga pants and where the pictures are "

I’ve not even started yet so the pictures are going to have to wait

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

" I’ve decided to look into this to initially help me with my own mind and body but to also try and keep busy during these times.

I’m still fairly flexible but some of the YouTube videos make people out to be contortionist.

Is there anybody on here that’s into Yoga that can give me a few pointers? "

Yes yoga is a way of being

Dont get hung up on the alleged different types

It really should not be competitive

Your aim is Not to be as flexible as anyone else

It's about calm and daily movement

I'd suggest learning a sun salutation and a couple of twists

And repeat daily without self judgments or criticism for less than 15 minutes

I consider it a journey of discovery where you have no destination

Your understanding should grow with time

Dont rush your journey it achieves nothing

Or

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I am flexible too but find some of the moves tricky as i wobble when trying to balance

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

In the end I tried senior yoga. Or yoga for old people. I found it much better for me. I'm pretty flexible, can do the palms flat on the floor thing, downward dog is no problem but some of the yoga videos I've tried are just too advanced and I get discouraged.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"In the end I tried senior yoga. Or yoga for old people. I found it much better for me. I'm pretty flexible, can do the palms flat on the floor thing, downward dog is no problem but some of the yoga videos I've tried are just too advanced and I get discouraged. "

That's the huge issue it's always promoted by the extreme moves

The irony is the heart of yoga is not about competition or trying to be the best

Yet because that's often how its promoted it puts people off

Believe it or not

Mountain pose (standing straight) is exceptionally beneficial when practiced daily

Conscious movement of any muscle and experiencing propreception practiced regularly with controlled breathing is exceptionally worthwhile

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"In the end I tried senior yoga. Or yoga for old people. I found it much better for me. I'm pretty flexible, can do the palms flat on the floor thing, downward dog is no problem but some of the yoga videos I've tried are just too advanced and I get discouraged.

That's the huge issue it's always promoted by the extreme moves

The irony is the heart of yoga is not about competition or trying to be the best

Yet because that's often how its promoted it puts people off

Believe it or not

Mountain pose (standing straight) is exceptionally beneficial when practiced daily

Conscious movement of any muscle and experiencing propreception practiced regularly with controlled breathing is exceptionally worthwhile "

The woman who does the video I'm using is at pains to emphasise that whatever you manage is an achievement and that each day is different. I really do need to persevere not only to maintain flexibility but also to try maintain focus on one thing. I tend to flit from one thing to another and I think if I can just focus in on yoga practice I might be able to transfer it to day to day life.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Amazon prime have some yoga classes, I'm doing 30 day yoga for weightloss on there. Good luck. xx

Post new Message to Thread