Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Anyone else feel guilty

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When they fancy a rest day...

Rest from any form of exercise and just lounge about.. I battle with my head constantly to have a day like this. If I do it I feel shit at the end of the day and the following day do twice as much. I think the gyms been shut has alot to do with it as I dont want to get lazy and it be twice as hard when I get back. My fitness levels are much better during lockdown and I've lost weight also. Just don't want to let anything slip.

And just to make matters worse my energy levels are through the roof so craving sex 24/7

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You are guilty for resisting a rest!

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

No. Rest is just as important. Your body is telling you it needs a rest.

over a year ago

Not in the slightest.....had about three months of rest days now

over a year ago

Be kind to yourself, go with what your body is telling you!

Relax on alternative days, or a morning/afternoon.

I don't know about you, but I'm 52, I can't keep going all the time.

I've learnt to meditate and switch off to relax.

over a year ago

It's a strange one. I just started implementing some changes and yesterday felt like I needed a rest from a faster form of workout as I was a bit sore, but then missed my planking so rolled out mat and did series of planks according to my app. Once I was warmed up I was like oh stuff it nothing hurts.. lets do bit more so I did 8 min of faster workout then added more and bit more. Its funny how your body craves it once you are on the go. Saying that if your mind says rest please do rest. As they are the team. And tomorrow you will be in the top form ready to tackle another challenge you set for yourself. You did so well so far, everyone's deserving of a break on a journey like this.

over a year ago

It's great you are keeping fit and looking at your profile pictures you look great, but please don't feel guilty about having the odd day off, to switch off and have a well earned rest is also good for you as well xx

over a year ago

"Be kind to yourself, go with what your body is telling you!

I've learnt to meditate and switch off to relax. "

By the way you look 32!

over a year ago

Exercise is only 20% of your lifestyle. Just adjust your diet for the day, dont have the wine or just generally have less over the week!

People look at calories as a daily thing, if you look at it a weekly, gives much more flexibility.

over a year ago

"You are guilty for resisting a rest!"

Can always count on your two penneth

over a year ago

I've learnt to meditate and switch off to relax. "

Just started meditating really helps

over a year ago

"It's a strange one. I just started implementing some changes and yesterday felt like I needed a rest from a faster form of workout as I was a bit sore, but then missed my planking so rolled out mat and did series of planks according to my app. Once I was warmed up I was like oh stuff it nothing hurts.. lets do bit more so I did 8 min of faster workout then added more and bit more. Its funny how your body craves it once you are on the go. Saying that if your mind says rest please do rest. As they are the team. And tomorrow you will be in the top form ready to tackle another challenge you set for yourself. You did so well so far, everyone's deserving of a break on a journey like this. "

Great advice. Thanks

over a year ago

"It's great you are keeping fit and looking at your profile pictures you look great, but please don't feel guilty about having the odd day off, to switch off and have a well earned rest is also good for you as well xx"

Thanks x

over a year ago

"Exercise is only 20% of your lifestyle. Just adjust your diet for the day, dont have the wine or just generally have less over the week!

People look at calories as a daily thing, if you look at it a weekly, gives much more flexibility."

The food is definitely not the issue but thank you. Im not struggling with my weight in anyway. Its just my mind wont let me rest. A lot to do with my salon still shut too i guess and not been on my feet 24/7

over a year ago

Rest is important... listen to your body... wish I had

over a year ago

"Exercise is only 20% of your lifestyle. Just adjust your diet for the day, dont have the wine or just generally have less over the week!

People look at calories as a daily thing, if you look at it a weekly, gives much more flexibility.

The food is definitely not the issue but thank you. Im not struggling with my weight in anyway. Its just my mind wont let me rest. A lot to do with my salon still shut too i guess and not been on my feet 24/7"

Another month to go? You must miss being on the move all the time. It's such a great way to tackle it. Making yourself stronger.

By *outhman15Man
over a year ago

southampton

I should be working but its sort if raining so i'm not and don't feel any guilt

over a year ago

The food is definitely not the issue but thank you. Im not struggling with my weight in anyway. Its just my mind wont let me rest. A lot to do with my salon still shut too i guess and not been on my feet 24/7"

People under a lot of mental stress at the moment, need to maybe find a hobby that you can do to take your mind to other places! Mine is music, i can loose myself!

Keep going, you'll get through it x

over a year ago

The food is definitely not the issue but thank you. Im not struggling with my weight in anyway. Its just my mind wont let me rest. A lot to do with my salon still shut too i guess and not been on my feet 24/7

Another month to go? You must miss being on the move all the time. It's such a great way to tackle it. Making yourself stronger. "

4th july fingers crossed. Really missing cutting...

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I have rest evenings instead of a rest day, my body responds better to that, from 3pm its a gradual reduce of pace until about 7 then it's full stop and I've been in this routine for about three years now

over a year ago

People under a lot of mental stress at the moment, need to maybe find a hobby that you can do to take your mind to other places! Mine is music, i can loose myself!

Keep going, you'll get through it x"

Thanks i will im sure..

over a year ago

Up until lockdown I was doing an hour to an hour and a half a day before work. Up at 3 in the gym at half past and out for just gone 5am 5 or 6 days a week.

Lockdown happened the gyms closed and I haven’t done a thing. I feel guilty now but haven’t you until now but I do feel even more tired than I did then so I need to start doing something so I think I’ll just start running until the gyms reopen. Put half a stone on as well which needs to go. Quickly.

over a year ago

At the end of the day I would love to exercise but after finishing a 10-hour shift I always just cannot be bothered to motivate myself at all and then I look at my body and think I need to do something about it and then I don't... of course my excuses I work nights but even so I know that I need to lose weight and I need to gain some muscles

over a year ago

Yeah I do Op, I’ve either been running or cycling everyday, along with doing jobs around the house, but I’m going to rest today as felt fatigued yesterday running. Just need to tell yourself the recovery is the bit where you improve. Won’t stop me feeling guilty that I’ve done fuck all today though.

over a year ago

I totally get you OP. I’ve bern running every day or doing some sort of exercise every day and when I take a rest day I feel terribly guilty!

But it is giving my body and muscles the rest they need to build and recover. It’s difficult, but you do need to take at least one day in every four as a “rest” or you’re asking for injury. X

over a year ago

"Up until lockdown I was doing an hour to an hour and a half a day before work. Up at 3 in the gym at half past and out for just gone 5am 5 or 6 days a week.

Lockdown happened the gyms closed and I haven’t done a thing. I feel guilty now but haven’t you until now but I do feel even more tired than I did then so I need to start doing something so I think I’ll just start running until the gyms reopen. Put half a stone on as well which needs to go. Quickly. "

Yes i started running on the road. I think i actually prefer it to the treadmill now. Im sure you will get it back off

over a year ago

"At the end of the day I would love to exercise but after finishing a 10-hour shift I always just cannot be bothered to motivate myself at all and then I look at my body and think I need to do something about it and then I don't... of course my excuses I work nights but even so I know that I need to lose weight and I need to gain some muscles "

Im sure if my salon was open and I was as busy as you i wouldn't feel as guilty. Its jyst since lockdown really and not been able to work. Feel lazy so my mind wont let me rest

over a year ago

I am sure that there is nothing wrong with you I'm sure that you haven't put 10 stone on while this pandemic has been going on I'm sure you still look as beautiful as always that's not me coming on to you by the way x

over a year ago

"Yeah I do Op, I’ve either been running or cycling everyday, along with doing jobs around the house, but I’m going to rest today as felt fatigued yesterday running. Just need to tell yourself the recovery is the bit where you improve. Won’t stop me feeling guilty that I’ve done fuck all today though. "

Well we will have to feel guilty together because reading theses comments im digging my heels in and definitely having a lazy day

over a year ago

I have burnt our and injured myself too many times regarding exercise and fitness, and have gone into a really dark place when I over did it with work (16-17hr shifts with only few hours sleep a day).

Rest is vital to perform at your best. Becoming still and calm helps the mind.

Don’t feel guilty. Feel like it is well deserved

over a year ago

"I totally get you OP. I’ve bern running every day or doing some sort of exercise every day and when I take a rest day I feel terribly guilty!

But it is giving my body and muscles the rest they need to build and recover. It’s difficult, but you do need to take at least one day in every four as a “rest” or you’re asking for injury. X"

Yes i totally agree. Had lots of leg cramps so definitely taking a rest day.. Thank you

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

I’ve been stuck in a constant state of laziness since the gym/swimming pool closed, I just can’t get my backside running around the park.

Definitely feeling urghhhh with myself for not doing anything.

over a year ago

"I am sure that there is nothing wrong with you I'm sure that you haven't put 10 stone on while this pandemic has been going on I'm sure you still look as beautiful as always that's not me coming on to you by the way x "

Thank you...Definitely lost weight in lockdown which I should be thrilled about, its just the exercise is so addictive..

And thanks for the lovely compliment

over a year ago

"I have burnt our and injured myself too many times regarding exercise and fitness, and have gone into a really dark place when I over did it with work (16-17hr shifts with only few hours sleep a day).

Rest is vital to perform at your best. Becoming still and calm helps the mind.

Don’t feel guilty. Feel like it is well deserved "

Thank you

over a year ago

innocent until proven guilty

over a year ago

"When they fancy a rest day...

Rest from any form of exercise and just lounge about.. I battle with my head constantly to have a day like this. If I do it I feel shit at the end of the day and the following day do twice as much. I think the gyms been shut has alot to do with it as I dont want to get lazy and it be twice as hard when I get back. My fitness levels are much better during lockdown and I've lost weight also. Just don't want to let anything slip.

And just to make matters worse my energy levels are through the roof so craving sex 24/7 "

omg its time for super WAF

over a year ago

"I’ve been stuck in a constant state of laziness since the gym/swimming pool closed, I just can’t get my backside running around the park.

Definitely feeling urghhhh with myself for not doing anything. "

I hear you..

I knew this would have happened to me so changed my mind set. Only trouble is its gone the otherway like you said can really get a grip of you if your not careful...

Hope your ok.

over a year ago

Rest days are so important. I try to do active recovery for rest days so usually a short run with the kids or swimming easy cycling or yoga are all ideal

over a year ago

And just to make matters worse my energy levels are through the roof so craving sex 24/7 omg its time for super WAF "

over a year ago

"I’ve been stuck in a constant state of laziness since the gym/swimming pool closed, I just can’t get my backside running around the park.

Definitely feeling urghhhh with myself for not doing anything.

I hear you..

I knew this would have happened to me so changed my mind set. Only trouble is its gone the otherway like you said can really get a grip of you if your not careful...

Hope your ok. "

U all or nothin?

Thats what i am am either in do it end of or not for me

over a year ago

And just to make matters worse my energy levels are through the roof so craving sex 24/7 omg its time for super WAF

"

i did that pic for the pic challenge that didn't take place which was themes mine was a super hero lol

over a year ago

And just to make matters worse my energy levels are through the roof so craving sex 24/7 omg its time for super WAF

"

i have 3 beds 3m apart if its any consolation

over a year ago

"Rest days are so important. I try to do active recovery for rest days so usually a short run with the kids or swimming easy cycling or yoga are all ideal "

Thank you x

over a year ago

"Up until lockdown I was doing an hour to an hour and a half a day before work. Up at 3 in the gym at half past and out for just gone 5am 5 or 6 days a week.

Lockdown happened the gyms closed and I haven’t done a thing. I feel guilty now but haven’t you until now but I do feel even more tired than I did then so I need to start doing something so I think I’ll just start running until the gyms reopen. Put half a stone on as well which needs to go. Quickly.

Yes i started running on the road. I think i actually prefer it to the treadmill now. Im sure you will get it back off "

Miss seeing the lads in the gym and I do more weights than cardio normally so I don’t mind the dreadmill as it’s only for short bursts 30 minutes or so 2-3 times a week. I will get back to it for sure but bleugh lol stick with yours it’s definitely serving you well.

over a year ago

Rest from any form of exercise and just lounge about.. I battle with my head constantly to have a day like this. If I do it I feel shit at the end of the day and the following day do twice as much. I think the gyms been shut has alot to do with it as I dont want to get lazy and it be

twice as hard when I get back. My fitness levels are much better during lockdown and I've lost weight also. Just don't want to let anything slip.

i did that pic for the pic challenge that didn't take place which was themes mine was a super hero lol "

Lol..Love it!

over a year ago

i have 3 beds 3m apart if its any consolation "

oh and a beach right opposite its very therapeutic in Torquay....... Sun Sea and A&E

over a year ago

i have 3 beds 3m apart if its any consolation "

You always seem to have a solution

over a year ago

i have 3 beds 3m apart if its any consolation oh and a beach right opposite its very therapeutic in Torquay....... Sun Sea and A&E "

Beautiful place Torquay

over a year ago

i have 3 beds 3m apart if its any consolation

You always seem to have a solution "

i have something for every season

over a year ago

i have 3 beds 3m apart if its any consolation oh and a beach right opposite its very therapeutic in Torquay....... Sun Sea and A&E

Beautiful place Torquay "

have you been recently?

over a year ago

Yes i started running on the road. I think i actually prefer it to the treadmill now. Im sure you will get it back off

Miss seeing the lads in the gym and I do more weights than cardio normally so I don’t mind the dreadmill as it’s only for short bursts 30 minutes or so 2-3 times a week. I will get back to it for sure but bleugh lol stick with yours it’s definitely serving you well. "

Thank you

over a year ago

Binge guilt.

It doesn't matter what you did or didn't do.

over a year ago

i have 3 beds 3m apart if its any consolation oh and a beach right opposite its very therapeutic in Torquay....... Sun Sea and A&E

Beautiful place Torquay have you been recently? "

20yrs ago

By *an61Man
over a year ago

Wirral

I prescribe a chilled bottle of wine some nice music and a slow sensual massage. It always works for me whenever I feel guilty about taking a break and can't relax

By *r_BlueEyesMan
over a year ago

Manchester

And just to make matters worse my energy levels are through the roof so craving sex 24/7 "

Totally agree with this. I have days where I just want to watch TV and eat crap all day then feel bad the next day.

If I wasn't single then I could be killing two birds with one stone. Sexcercise!

over a year ago

"I prescribe a chilled bottle of wine some nice music and a slow sensual massage. It always works for me whenever I feel guilty about taking a break and can't relax"

No massage allowed...2 meter rule

over a year ago

And just to make matters worse my energy levels are through the roof so craving sex 24/7

Totally agree with this. I have days where I just want to watch TV and eat crap all day then feel bad the next day.

If I wasn't single then I could be killing two birds with one stone. Sexcercise! "

Haha ,, Trust you, but great idea

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm stuck in my mum's house waiting for news of her as she's in hospital for the second time in a week

over a year ago

Beautiful place Torquay have you been recently?

20yrs ago "

you deserve a trip then I'm going on ferry across bay to Brixham today

By *TFSeventyMan
over a year ago

Weybridge

Rest days are good and needed for sure. Don’t beat yourself up over it, no need to feel guilty at all .

over a year ago

"Rest days are good and needed for sure. Don’t beat yourself up over it, no need to feel guilty at all ."

Thank you..Easier said than done though

over a year ago

i feel guilty that you feel guilty

over a year ago

"i feel guilty that you feel guilty "

over a year ago

Starting to OP as every day seems to be turning into a rest day

By *ottielayWoman
over a year ago

by the bay

Yes I do

I’m always at work but I’ve come home early today and I’m gonna do nothing and I refuse to feel guilty about it !

over a year ago

I used to feel I'd let myself down but not anymore.

Some days I just say sod it and don't even bother getting dressed.

over a year ago

Not so much. I am very active and I hardly rest, when I dont weight I. I do yoga on those days and I do cardio everyday as well 1hr or more. I like to exercise

over a year ago

By the way you look 32! "

Loads of brownie points, for that compliment, thank you x

over a year ago

By the way you look 32!

Loads of brownie points, for that compliment, thank you x"

I'm going for 33

over a year ago

By the way you look 32!

Loads of brownie points, for that compliment, thank you xI'm going for 33 "

You should of said 30

over a year ago

By the way you look 32!

Loads of brownie points, for that compliment, thank you xI'm going for 33

You should of said 30 "

ahhhhh damnit

over a year ago

Nah. I should do though because I'm a lazy bastard.

By *aveed74Man
over a year ago

a round and a bout Midlands

I try and listen to what my body tells me, and pay heed to my head.

So I eat when hungry, sleep when tired, slob when I have the need. Wish I could make love when I wanted!

But my head tells me to exercise and not eat or drink too much, and I ALWAYS feel happier when I have been active so I do know what you mean OP

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Walking solves this for me x

over a year ago

Massively.....I have to do something or my head just goes off on one

By *heGreenMan555Man
over a year ago

Chichester

‘Slippage’ can be good for you...?? but sadly seems to be banned under legislation banning overnight stays ??

over a year ago

"No. Rest is just as important. Your body is telling you it needs a rest. "

This. I usually exercise first thing in the morning and then before dinner...but if I'm tired sometimes I'll miss one or both workouts. If I'm not sure I'll try for 5 mins and see how I feel...If I'm not into it...no hesitations whatsoever about parking my arse on the couch with a cuppa.

Post new Message to Thread