Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Black lives matter?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is there a reason the whole black lives matter thing has taken over again? Seem to be seeing constant updates from people, not that I'm overly bothered like, just curious as to if something has happened to re ignite the spark?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The murder of George Floyd by a white police officer in board daylight just a few days ago. Among many other cases.

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Is there a reason the whole black lives matter thing has taken over again? Seem to be seeing constant updates from people, not that I'm overly bothered like, just curious as to if something has happened to re ignite the spark? "

Why are you not overly bothered.

I am !!

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The murder of George Floyd by a white police officer in board daylight just a few days ago. Among many other cases. "

And umpteen examples of peaceful protest being deemed unacceptable.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Is there a reason the whole black lives matter thing has taken over again? Seem to be seeing constant updates from people, not that I'm overly bothered like, just curious as to if something has happened to re ignite the spark? "

Have you been living in a cave by any chance?

Reply privately

over a year ago

load of shit really, all lives matter

what part of ALL LIVES MATTER do people not get

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there a reason the whole black lives matter thing has taken over again? Seem to be seeing constant updates from people, not that I'm overly bothered like, just curious as to if something has happened to re ignite the spark?

what part of ALL LIVES MATTER do people not get"

now you have done it,get ready for the backlash.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there a reason the whole black lives matter thing has taken over again? Seem to be seeing constant updates from people, not that I'm overly bothered like, just curious as to if something has happened to re ignite the spark?

Another one for the block list.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"The murder of George Floyd by a white police officer in board daylight just a few days ago. Among many other cases.

And umpteen examples of peaceful protest being deemed unacceptable."

For curiosity where do you see that? I have seen people saying the looting / burning is not right but I have not seen anyone saying a protest is bad

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The bit where it's used to distract from the urgent need to address the issues black people are facing.

Black lives matter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The bit where it's used to distract from the urgent need to address the issues black people are facing.

Black lives matter."

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

For anyone who wants a really powerful message, google for Alison Hammond and hear what she has to say

Reply privately

over a year ago

Calm down captain me me me.

Nobody has ever said black lives matter the most, or Only black lives matter.

Equality isn’t taking anything away from you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Black lives matter."

Well said.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The murder of George Floyd by a white police officer in board daylight just a few days ago. Among many other cases.

For curiosity where do you see that? I have seen people saying the looting / burning is not right but I have not seen anyone saying a protest is bad"

The American footballer kneeling before games over a long period of time facing tremendous vitriol for doing so.

What I'm seeing is years of people trying to peacefully make a stand, being ignored, and finally taking to the streets. Some of whom have become violent.

And even on here some are suggesting that black lives matter is in and of itself a hate group. While they're entitled to their views... I'm personally of the view that they are unwilling to examine the real grievances of ethnic minorities.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why are you not overly bothered.

I am !!"

I meant as in I'm not overly bothered in a bad way for seeing the status updates. Not to be misconstrued with not being bothered in general

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not again was a little relieved when the last thread closed!

#BlackLivesMatter

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have you been living in a cave by any chance?"

As a matter of fact no. I have not been living in a cave, I'm well aware of things in the past, however I'm not up to date in current events.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Imagine your house is burning down, your neighbour's house is fine. Should the fire brigade spray water on your and your neighbour's houses equally? No, focus on the one that's in trouble.

Everyone's life matters (as if needing to say such a thing was necessary) but not all lives are facing systemic oppression on a daily basis. Focus on helping the ones that are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not again was a little relieved when the last thread closed!

#BlackLivesMatter"

PM'd you lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm wishing I hadn't asked lol

Reply privately

By *P_80Man
over a year ago

Waterford

Jesus when will people get it?

It doesn't mean 'Only Black Lives Matter'

It's meant as 'Black Lives Matter Too'

I'm not gonna pretend I know all the ins and outs, I live in the south east of Ireland so I'm in no position to lecture, but it's pretty obvious there's a massive race issue in the States and the black community are saying we're not taking this shit anymore. They're saying that black lives are equal.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm wishing I hadn't asked lol "

So are we.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Have you been living in a cave by any chance?

As a matter of fact no. I have not been living in a cave, I'm well aware of things in the past, however I'm not up to date in current events."

It isn't in the past, it is very relevant right now

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm wishing I hadn't asked lol

So are we. "

Solidarity. Again. I'm sorry. I'm tired and I'm only an ally.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes theres a reason. Because had this happened to a white guy it be a different story. But no wait it wouldnt have happened in the first place.

This is the 3rd senseless motiveless killings of 3 innocent people

Breonnia taylor shot in mistaken identity 8 times in her bed.

AHMAUD ARBERY shot and murdered by 3 white racist redneck scum whilst jogging.

George floyd mistakenly accused of a fake cheque. Knelt on by a scum racist cop till he died.

THAT IS WHY AND A DAMN GOOD THING. WE ALL NEED TO TAKE NOTE OF THIS AND NOT CONDONE IT

Reply privately

over a year ago

that's racist apparently.

Reply privately

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

In the situation this movement is addressing, there isn't really an argument about white lives not mattering. Nobody is putting that forward.

Unfortunately a lot of people think that specifically black lives don't matter, such as the policeman who (as far as I'm concerned) murdered George Floyd. The problem that event points to is that American police in many cases don't give a shit about the lives of black people. Many police see crushing black people is part of their job and a great opportunity to do just that.

So the Black Lives Matter movement addresses that issue. It is focused on black lives because an All Lives Matter movement would not spotlight the overt and destructive racism displayed by people and institutions in the USA.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I haven’t seen anyone not condemning it tbh. Even the furious right wing nutters know it’s wrong.

Only condemnation I’ve seen is for the looters. Which seems to be stoked up by white middle class kids

Reply privately

over a year ago

The part where the alt-right and people who use phrases like "A swam of blacks", use it to dilute and distract from the current conversation.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I haven’t seen anyone not condemning it tbh. Even the furious right wing nutters know it’s wrong.

Only condemnation I’ve seen is for the looters. Which seems to be stoked up by white middle class kids "

There's a strong wiff of the alt-right stoking things by carrying out the violence.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 02/06/20 14:06:05]

Reply privately

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

"I'm wishing I hadn't asked lol "

You could have turned any news on channel on for 5 minutes in the last 7 days

Instead of turning to a swinging website to digest the biggest civil unrest in north America in the last 60 years.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that"

George Carlin

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I haven’t seen anyone not condemning it tbh. Even the furious right wing nutters know it’s wrong.

Only condemnation I’ve seen is for the looters. Which seems to be stoked up by white middle class kids

There's a strong wiff of the alt-right stoking things by carrying out the violence."

Antifa from what I’ve seen. Being bussed in at some locations

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"[Removed by poster at 02/06/20 14:06:05]"

Typo's, I will be back

Reply privately

over a year ago

Only condemnation I’ve seen is for the looters. Which seems to be stoked up by white middle class kids "

There have been multiple threads with people not condemning it, trying to change the direction of the conversion, trying to focus the issue away from the death of black people at the hands of the police in the States.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There's a strong wiff of the alt-right stoking things by carrying out the violence.

Antifa from what I’ve seen. Being bussed in at some locations "

Yeah the president is trying to shift attention and blame to anti-fascists.

Reply privately

By *adeiteWoman
over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

Theres a house on fire 3 doors down, but Karen's house isn't on fire and wants the firefighters to help her house and ignore the burning one... because she thinks all houses matter.

All lives matter when black lives matter!

Reply privately

over a year ago

SMH, whatever you do don’t go checking the news...there’s also a killer virus doing the rounds...

Reply privately

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman
over a year ago

Magical Forrest

I think the OP is just looking to stir the shit pot

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For anyone who wants a really powerful message, google for Alison Hammond and hear what she has to say"

I love that woman

She rocks

Reply privately

over a year ago

Theres a house on fire 3 doors down, but Karen's house isn't on fire and wants the firefighters to help her house and ignore the burning one... because she thinks all houses matter.

All lives matter when black lives matter! "

People don’t understand inequality when their brains simply can’t wrap their head around the whole situation. I’d suggest it’s linked to lower IQ or in fact they’re closet racists...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah the president is trying to shift attention and blame to anti-fascists. "

I don’t think he really needs to do anything to shift the attention. It’s there on the news and social media for all to see. ‘Eat the rich’ scrawled across buildings and cars, the antifa flag flying over burning property, the anarchist symbol painted on stuff, black masks and red armbands... that’s not about racial prejudice and discrimination. That’s anarcho-communists hijacking a cause for their own ends. And the real racists won’t be able to tell the difference and blame black people for burning down their own communities and cities.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think the OP is just looking to stir the shit pot "

100% this

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yeah the president is trying to shift attention and blame to anti-fascists. "

What a world we live in that being anti fascism is somehow a bad thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For anyone who wants a really powerful message, google for Alison Hammond and hear what she has to say"

I really felt her anguish.

Iv seen very similar reactions from lots of black people on other platforms.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t think he really needs to do anything to shift the attention. It’s there on the news and social media for all to see. ‘Eat the rich’ scrawled across buildings and cars, the antifa flag flying over burning property, the anarchist symbol painted on stuff, black masks and red armbands... that’s not about racial prejudice and discrimination. That’s anarcho-communists hijacking a cause for their own ends. And the real racists won’t be able to tell the difference and blame black people for burning down their own communities and cities. "

So people who are anti fascist are now "anarcho-communists"! Uh hu.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There have been multiple threads with people not condemning it, trying to change the direction of the conversion, trying to focus the issue away from the death of black people at the hands of the police in the States."

I take it You are aware this has been classed as HOMOCIDE

I suspected HOMOCIDE when it happened, turns out I was right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What a world we live in that being anti fascism is somehow a bad thing"

Unfortunately Antifa are not anti fascists. They regularly use violence to de platform people they don’t agree with. They wear masks and batter people. They’ve burnt universities and businesses down for perceived injustices. They’re not nice people at all. Hence why they’ve been declared a domestic terrorist organisation nationally in America now.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

For curiosity where do you see that? I have seen people saying the looting / burning is not right but I have not seen anyone saying a protest is bad

The American footballer kneeling before games over a long period of time facing tremendous vitriol for doing so.

What I'm seeing is years of people trying to peacefully make a stand, being ignored, and finally taking to the streets. Some of whom have become violent.

And even on here some are suggesting that black lives matter is in and of itself a hate group. While they're entitled to their views... I'm personally of the view that they are unwilling to examine the real grievances of ethnic minorities.

"

I don't agree with looting / burning down buildings no matter what the reasons....but I can still have empathy and be incensed on what we have seen so I am not sure which camp I will be put in

"The brother of George Floyd and mother of Breonna Taylor had a message for people who are bringing violence to peaceful protests: You're doing nothing to help"

I agree with the relatives, without peaceful protesting the message the protesters are trying to get across is lost

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don’t think he really needs to do anything to shift the attention. It’s there on the news and social media for all to see. ‘Eat the rich’ scrawled across buildings and cars, the antifa flag flying over burning property, the anarchist symbol painted on stuff, black masks and red armbands... that’s not about racial prejudice and discrimination. That’s anarcho-communists hijacking a cause for their own ends. And the real racists won’t be able to tell the difference and blame black people for burning down their own communities and cities.

So people who are anti fascist are now "anarcho-communists"! Uh hu.

"

I’d politely request you look up some videos of antifa in action in Berkeley and Portland.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately Antifa are not anti fascists. They regularly use violence to de platform people they don’t agree with. They wear masks and batter people. They’ve burnt universities and businesses down for perceived injustices. They’re not nice people at all. Hence why they’ve been declared a domestic terrorist organisation nationally in America now. "

Alt-right nonsense. This is utter rhubarb.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Damn it. Browser ate my reply.

How many types of peaceful protest over how many years do we have to try before people get desperate?

Looting is wrong.

Something has got to give.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not at all actually, I was genuinely curious as I havent watched the news recently.

Not everyone has a cynical ulterior motive on here you know, but each to their own opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All lives matter when black lives matter! "

what utter nonsense building on fire pmsl,

you should go check out how many black people are killed by blacks on a daily basis, might open your eyes

are you okay with black people looting black shop owners premises, then burning shops and putting the black employer out of business, does that sit well with you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately Antifa are not anti fascists. They regularly use violence to de platform people they don’t agree with. They wear masks and batter people. They’ve burnt universities and businesses down for perceived injustices. They’re not nice people at all. Hence why they’ve been declared a domestic terrorist organisation nationally in America now.

Alt-right nonsense. This is utter rhubarb. "

It’s really really not. And to deny the facts doesn’t help you in the long run. Again, watch some videos of them. Look at some of their Facebook pages. Bury your head in the sand if you want, but violence to achieve political change is disgusting and should be condemned by everyone.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm not sure we should be taking the political actions of inject bleach stare directly into a solar eclipse stable genius Trump as evidence of the extremism of any group.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm not sure we should be taking the political actions of inject bleach stare directly into a solar eclipse stable genius Trump as evidence of the extremism of any group."

Several states declared Antifa to be terrorists independently of trump about 18 months ago. They fit the definition of terrorists. And other groups have been prescribed for far less.

Reply privately

over a year ago

you should go check out how many black people are killed by blacks on a daily basis, might open your eyes

are you okay with black people looting black shop owners premises, then burning shops and putting the black employer out of business, does that sit well with you."

"A swam of blacks"

If you hate black people so much, why do you suddenly pretend to care about someone killing a POC?

Reply privately

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

People posting black squares won't change a damn thing

Actions need to be made from the top. Independent reviews in to police actions, transparency in ethnic minority selections into high powered roles etc etc.. We all know black lives matter, just like brown white and everything in between.

Just like the whole clapping for NHS. Makes the clappers feel happy while sitting home enjoying the sun, but NHS staff are still tirelessly working hard with an underfunded stretched institution.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think the OP is just looking to stir the shit pot

Not at all actually, I was genuinely curious as I havent watched the news recently.

Not everyone has a cynical ulterior motive on here you know, but each to their own opinion. "

Or opened a newspaper, or looked on any social media in the last 4 or so days.

I'm sorry but I can't believe you really have been clueless.

Reply privately

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman
over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"I think the OP is just looking to stir the shit pot

Not everyone has a cynical ulterior motive on here you know, but each to their own opinion. "

For someone who is in the military you dont watch the news... really?? Next you'll be trying to say the earth is flat

Reply privately

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

All Lives Matter

Reply privately

over a year ago

are you okay with black people looting black shop owners premises, then burning shops and putting the black employer out of business, does that sit well with you.

"A swam of blacks"

If you hate black people so much, why do you suddenly pretend to care about someone killing a POC?"

the only person who hates blacks is yourself, you are the only person to mention hatred, I have a few good mates (black) no different from other mates, good guys

I am sure there are many bad guys around but the only ones I dislike are the ones involved in looting and illegal activities

Reply privately

over a year ago

"All Lives Matter"

We know!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've watched live feeds of "protesters" being violent and causing criminal damage & stealing from peoples businesses. From what I've seen George Floyd was a peaceful man. So people saying they are doing this in his name is beyond belief. I agree people should stand together but in unity not chaos. It really has saddened me. I feel for George Floyd's family immensely

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Damn it. Browser ate my reply.

How many types of peaceful protest over how many years do we have to try before people get desperate?

Looting is wrong.

Something has got to give."

I know what you are saying, but I am just not sure violence and looting is the answer either

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People posting black squares won't change a damn thing

Actions need to be made from the top. Independent reviews in to police actions, transparency in ethnic minority selections into high powered roles etc etc.. We all know black lives matter, just like brown white and everything in between.

Just like the whole clapping for NHS. Makes the clappers feel happy while sitting home enjoying the sun, but NHS staff are still tirelessly working hard with an underfunded stretched institution."

exactly

many on here are Thursday 8pm clappers

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looting is wrong.

Was just about to say this. I think what needs to be remembered that black resistance and black organising is, in whatever form, a response to the violent oppression of black people across the world. These issues are invariably linked to European colonial history in Africa, White supremacist myths of the enlightenment period and of course the enslavement of black people of Africa. To have the conversation about resistance requires us to consider all of these things and more. Of course you don’t want to see looting and destruction of property although capitalism is in itself something that reproduces racial inequities, but whether protests are peaceful or not, they never seem to bring about change. And change is the most important thing here in this situation. Conversations about ending racism may well be wishful, but what isn’t needed, is to derail them by talking about the method of resistance because that sounds like, ‘we’d give you equality if you weren’t so violent’ or ‘we would give you equality if you would just stop looting’. And that’s just not the case. Not only does history tell you that, but the fact that our parents and their parents and their parents and their parents and their parents and so on, have always resisted racism, but we’re still here. Still asking nicely, to stop having to put up with what we do. And anti blackness is something I can’t even begin to explain on a thread like this or on a forum like this but please, if you don’t understand what our experience is, please seek to learn. Rather than undermine our experiences and blame us for it all.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok as like the other thread, don't attack people for having their view. The rules of the forum apply to every thread, whatever the subject

Reply privately

over a year ago

Exactly what id expect. Have any white people you know been gunned down while jogging or knelt on till they died or arrested for no crime except standing on a street. Of course all lives matter but white lives arent being threatened every single day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People posting black squares won't change a damn thing

Just like the whole clapping for NHS. Makes the clappers feel happy while sitting home enjoying the sun, but NHS staff are still tirelessly working hard with an underfunded stretched institution."

Agreed. I didn’t post one. And instead have spent the day sharing resources, links, literature that I hope will help. Now isn’t the time to be silent, it is the time to be heard and to resist.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I suspect the antifa flags aren't being flown by antifa, for the most part. These are white supremacists running a campaign.

Reply privately

over a year ago

are you okay with black people looting black shop owners premises, then burning shops and putting the black employer out of business, does that sit well with you."

Did you see the guy smashing windows with a hood over his head. Low and behold turned out to be a white policeman so not all blacks looting

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Looting is wrong.

I know what you are saying, but I am just not sure violence and looting is the answer either "

I partly agree, but... What else can people do, you know?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Looting is wrong.

Was just about to say this. I think what needs to be remembered that black resistance and black organising is, in whatever form, a response to the violent oppression of black people across the world. These issues are invariably linked to European colonial history in Africa, White supremacist myths of the enlightenment period and of course the enslavement of black people of Africa. To have the conversation about resistance requires us to consider all of these things and more. Of course you don’t want to see looting and destruction of property although capitalism is in itself something that reproduces racial inequities, but whether protests are peaceful or not, they never seem to bring about change. And change is the most important thing here in this situation. Conversations about ending racism may well be wishful, but what isn’t needed, is to derail them by talking about the method of resistance because that sounds like, ‘we’d give you equality if you weren’t so violent’ or ‘we would give you equality if you would just stop looting’. And that’s just not the case. Not only does history tell you that, but the fact that our parents and their parents and their parents and their parents and their parents and so on, have always resisted racism, but we’re still here. Still asking nicely, to stop having to put up with what we do. And anti blackness is something I can’t even begin to explain on a thread like this or on a forum like this but please, if you don’t understand what our experience is, please seek to learn. Rather than undermine our experiences and blame us for it all. "

Yes. Yes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm not sure we should be taking the political actions of inject bleach stare directly into a solar eclipse stable genius Trump as evidence of the extremism of any group.

Several states declared Antifa to be terrorists independently of trump about 18 months ago. They fit the definition of terrorists. And other groups have been prescribed for far less.

People should stop feeding this alt right troll."

Please, report me if you trying to bully me on the forum doesn’t work. Let the admins look into everything I’ve posted and see if anything I’ve said is factually inaccurate.

Honestly I wish I could say I’m ‘right wing’ or ‘left wing’, but I’m far far more complex than that because I’m a staunch centrist. I weigh each idea on the value of its merit and the balance of evidence that lies behind it. It’s perfectly fine if you don’t believe that, or what I’m saying. But trying to shut me down smacks of a fundamentally weak position on your part and I’m sorry you feel that way, and I feel sorry for you too. It says more about you than me when you haven’t countered anything I’ve said with any demonstrable facts. You’ve just called me names which everyone has seen.

But either way I wish you all the best

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Looting is wrong.

I know what you are saying, but I am just not sure violence and looting is the answer either

I partly agree, but... What else can people do, you know?"

Sadly I don't have an answer to that. I suppose you have to have a President who wants to accept things have to change

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I suspect the antifa flags aren't being flown by antifa, for the most part. These are white supremacists running a campaign."

It’s possible I suppose, but I can only deal with the evidence I’m presented with. The alt right are not opposed to violence but it’s usually targeted towards people, not property, like Charlottesville. And they are a very small disorganised group generally speaking. Antifa get funding and are well organised because they’re not thick, uneducated rednecks like their opposing number

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A swam of blacks"

If you hate black people so much, why do you suddenly pretend to care about someone killing a POC?

the only person who hates blacks is yourself, you are the only person to mention hatred, I have a few good mates (black) no different from other mates, good guys

I am sure there are many bad guys around but the only ones I dislike are the ones involved in looting and illegal activities"

In fairness. You did call people "a swarm of blacks". That hardly indicates a compassionate stance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looting is wrong.

Sadly I don't have an answer to that. I suppose you have to have a President who wants to accept things have to change "

He has to go.

Hes infighting the whole thing.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Looting is wrong.

Sadly I don't have an answer to that. I suppose you have to have a President who wants to accept things have to change "

That I definitely agree with.

I empathise with the fury, the helplessness.

I would be out marching, but, you know, plague. (I'm sure responses to Covid have made this more difficult in many ways over there)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looting is wrong.

I think Obama wanted change but they had to priest police brutality then too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why do so many people not understand Black Lives Matter. It's an incredibly simple concept. I'm surprised how many people don't understand it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not racist its ignorant.

If all lives mattered then there would be no need for the black lives matter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was in fact 3 officers kneeling on george floyd and Its not only black people that has been targeted by police brutality in America. The only thing that these protesters are doing right now will be spreading covid 19 so what does this accomplish?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It was in fact 3 officers kneeling on george floyd and Its not only black people that has been targeted by police brutality in America. The only thing that these protesters are doing right now will be spreading covid 19 so what does this accomplish?"

Maybe it will accomplish a reduction in the number of black people whom the police in the US kill?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why do so many people not understand Black Lives Matter. It's an incredibly simple concept. I'm surprised how many people don't understand it."

Because people have different backgrounds, comprehension, influences and beliefs.

The true relevance of the "Black lives matter" is of course pertinent and in context when we all think about it.

But for many people who perhaps feel perturbed or even threatened by it, an angry or insulting reaction will only fuel more divisions. People need to communicate assertively yes, but it's a very delicate healing process required here, with some large slices of humble pie needing eating by everyone if progression is to be made?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why do so many people not understand Black Lives Matter. It's an incredibly simple concept. I'm surprised how many people don't understand it.

Because people have different backgrounds, comprehension, influences and beliefs.

The true relevance of the "Black lives matter" is of course pertinent and in context when we all think about it.

But for many people who perhaps feel perturbed or even threatened by it, an angry or insulting reaction will only fuel more divisions. People need to communicate assertively yes, but it's a very delicate healing process required here, with some large slices of humble pie needing eating by everyone if progression is to be made? "

I feel like it's not as complex as that. People can look at what's going on. And use empathy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/06/20 15:15:58]

Reply privately

over a year ago

One thing that does annoy me though is people using this really important societal injustice as just another way to get fabs on their photos. Black people won't get justice and fair treatment by a naked woman taking a photo and using the cause for popularity on Fabswingers. It's totally unacceptable! I'm all for getting fabs, but not by riding on the back of a cause which is way more important.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And what about those still meeting from fab and spreading the virus?

Police brutality may happen to lots of people but let's be clear there a huge difference in why, how and numbers against poc.

The justification being used that it happens to everyone is an ignorant statement to make.

No one is saying it isnt happening to others. But the reasons behind why it happens to poc in comparison to everyone else is the issue here!

Reply privately

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

I read a good analogy of it which is:

"All Lives Matter" is like shouting "Cure all Diseases" at a Breast Cancer 5k event. You're right but at the moment we are running for cancer.

So yes ALL lives do matter but at the moment we are trying to make some REAL change for the constanst persecution Black people still suffer

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I read a good analogy of it which is:

"All Lives Matter" is like shouting "Cure all Diseases" at a Breast Cancer 5k event. You're right but at the moment we are running for cancer.

So yes ALL lives do matter but at the moment we are trying to make some REAL change for the constanst persecution Black people still suffer "

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/06/20 15:29:26]

Reply privately

over a year ago

All lives matter

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Why do so many people not understand Black Lives Matter. It's an incredibly simple concept. I'm surprised how many people don't understand it.

But for many people who perhaps feel perturbed or even threatened by it, an angry or insulting reaction will only fuel more divisions. People need to communicate assertively yes, but it's a very delicate healing process required here, with some large slices of humble pie needing eating by everyone if progression is to be made?

I feel like it's not as complex as that. People can look at what's going on. And use empathy."

I think it's threatening to realise that you live in and may benefit from a discriminatory system. And the instinct is to lash back. I've felt it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"One thing that does annoy me though is people using this really important societal injustice as just another way to get fabs on their photos. Black people won't get justice and fair treatment by a naked woman taking a photo and using the cause for popularity on Fabswingers. It's totally unacceptable! I'm all for getting fabs, but not by riding on the back of a cause which is way more important."

Seems I hit a nerve for posting said black lives matter photo seeing as we have been blocked yet never spoken.

The reason for the post if the photo is Jay is mixed race not for likes. ??

Regardless of what platform it is posted. If it sparks even one light in the head of an Ignorant person then it's worked.

And to be honest this is the perfect platform for the photo!

Seeing as lots of members like to play and explore fetishes of BBC and beautiful ebony women its about time people woke up to the fact black people are not a fetish or for the entertainment of others!

So I'll say it again.

Black lives matter...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't agree with looting / burning down buildings no matter what the reasons....but I can still have empathy and be incensed on what we have seen so I am not sure which camp I will be put in

"The brother of George Floyd and mother of Breonna Taylor had a message for people who are bringing violence to peaceful protests: You're doing nothing to help"

I agree with the relatives, without peaceful protesting the message the protesters are trying to get across is lost "

Trump is inciting the violence.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"I suspect the antifa flags aren't being flown by antifa, for the most part. These are white supremacists running a campaign."

Yep. There are images going around on social media of 'anti FA flags' at protests, which have been completely faked.

Reply privately

over a year ago

First time I turned on this morning in a long time and I am glad I did.

All lives do matter yes, but that is not the point and trying to take away what the black community is trying to say, or overshadow it, is just ridiculous.

Any of us white people suffered racism on a DAILY BASIS for hundereds of years?

No?

Then you have no idea what it is like and have no right to comment on their emotions.

A small few are rioting and the media are all over it to try and throw a bad light, and that is a perfect example of why the protests are happening.

There are much much much more peaceful protests going on.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I suspect the antifa flags aren't being flown by antifa, for the most part. These are white supremacists running a campaign.

Yep. There are images going around on social media of 'anti FA flags' at protests, which have been completely faked. "

Can you link me to them please?

Reply privately

over a year ago

People shot to death by U.S. police, by race 2017-2020

Published by Statista Research Department, Mar 31, 2020

Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 228 civilians having been shot, 31 of whom were Black, as of March 30, 2020. In 2018, there were 996 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 this figure increased to 1,004.

Police brutality in the U.S.

In recent years, particularly since the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri in 2014, police brutality has become a hot button issue in the United States. The number of homicides committed by police in the United States is often compared to those in countries such as England, where the number is significantly lower.

Black Lives Matter

The Black Lives Matter Movement, formed in 2013, has been a vocal part of the movement against police brutality in the U.S. by organizing “die-ins”, marches, and demonstrations in response to the killings of black men and women by police.

While Black Lives Matter has become a controversial movement within the U.S., it has brought more attention to the number and frequency of police shootings of civilians.

Hide

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States from 2017 to 2020, by race

2017 2018 2019 2020*

White 457 399 370 42

Black 223 209 235 31

Hispanic 179 148 158 13

Other 44 36 39 3

Unknown 84 204 202 139

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"I suspect the antifa flags aren't being flown by antifa, for the most part. These are white supremacists running a campaign.

Yep. There are images going around on social media of 'anti FA flags' at protests, which have been completely faked.

Can you link me to them please? "

It was largely a twitter account called @antifa_US that was linked to white supremacists trying to stir up trouble.

It's been taken down now but you can see stories about it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People shot to death by U.S. police, by race 2017-2020

Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 228 civilians having been shot, 31 of whom were Black, as of March 30, 2020. In 2018, there were 996 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 this figure increased to 1,004.

In recent years, particularly since the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri in 2014, police brutality has become a hot button issue in the United States. The number of homicides committed by police in the United States is often compared to those in countries such as England, where the number is significantly lower.

Black Lives Matter

The Black Lives Matter Movement, formed in 2013, has been a vocal part of the movement against police brutality in the U.S. by organizing “die-ins”, marches, and demonstrations in response to the killings of black men and women by police.

While Black Lives Matter has become a controversial movement within the U.S., it has brought more attention to the number and frequency of police shootings of civilians.

Hide

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States from 2017 to 2020, by race

2017 2018 2019 2020*

White 457 399 370 42

Black 223 209 235 31

Hispanic 179 148 158 13

Other 44 36 39 3

Unknown 84 204 202 139

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/ "

It is worth noting that black people make up 12.7% of americans

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was largely a twitter account called @antifa_US that was linked to white supremacists trying to stir up trouble.

It's been taken down now but you can see stories about it. "

I’ll have a look now, thanks for this

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/06/20 15:55:40]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It was in fact 3 officers kneeling on george floyd and Its not only black people that has been targeted by police brutality in America. The only thing that these protesters are doing right now will be spreading covid 19 so what does this accomplish?"

The same thing that other minorities or groups have been oppressed has been fighting for for years. How many people have to be killed, yet there is no change that is made. Which is why the looting and violence is starting as the language is being returned in the manner it is given.

In America police brutality is blatant to see towards the African American community. If you do not see that, well... it might be worth a read!

People saying the squares etc are doing nothing - they are people grouping together for change. People who are working from home for example are unable to protest and the protests are not as prevalent in the UK. Most people are following this up with petitions, donations.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Pretty sure the looting started because trump wrote on his twitter when the looting starts the shooting starts?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"All lives matter "

Do you really need to have this explained to you?

Other people have done it well on this thread.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because racism is sadly alive and kicking. And because black lives do matter. And because people deny white privelige exist

Reply privately

over a year ago

For curiosity where do you see that? I have seen people saying the looting / burning is not right but I have not seen anyone saying a protest is bad"

Bunch of videos on the internet where cops are using brutal force against people who are either not moving or even kneeling.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Americans act out on their 2nd amendment if the brutality continues like that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Whilst I don't agree with looting and burning down businesses. I also don't think peaceful protests accomplish anything

George was asking the cop the let him breathe, that didn't help.

The people were peacefully asking to let him breathe that didn't work.

You know what would work? Someone tackling that cop and freeing the man by force.

I wish peaceful protests would work but they don't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Whilst I don't agree with looting and burning down businesses. I also don't think peaceful protests accomplish anything

You know what would work? Someone tackling that cop and freeing the man by force.

I wish peaceful protests would work but they don't."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Probably would have got shot for that? Not to mention there was more than one officer leaning on him one was on his body one was on his legs and the one you see is the white guy on the back of his kneck not all of the arresting officers where white.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Probably would have got shot for that? Not to mention there was more than one officer leaning on him one was on his body one was on his legs and the one you see is the white guy on the back of his kneck not all of the arresting officers where white."

They can't shoot everyone. They're now being assaulted back on the streets. People are fighting back.

That country is so lost it doesn't need peaceful protests, it needs a revolution.

Reply privately

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

I agree I am not overly bothered. It's America's problem not ours. And it's a over reaction by people

Reply privately

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

"Whilst I don't agree with looting and burning down businesses. I also don't think peaceful protests accomplish anything

I wish peaceful protests would work but they don't."

Did Gandi not change India with peaceful protests?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Bunch of videos on the internet where cops are using brutal force against people who are either not moving or even kneeling.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Americans act out on their 2nd amendment if the brutality continues like that."

People marched into government buildings armed to the teeth because they wanted to get their hair cut and managed to get hurt less than unarmed protesters and press wanting black people to be killed less by police.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wouldn't be surprised if the Americans act out on their 2nd amendment if the brutality continues like that.

People marched into government buildings armed to the teeth because they wanted to get their hair cut and managed to get hurt less than unarmed protesters and press wanting black people to be killed less by police."

Did they get their haircut?

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's been taken down now but you can see stories about it. "

I’ve had a good look at this now and read quite a few articles in relation to it. They were suspended then deleted by twitter for threats of violence and then being found out to be connected to a white supremacist group. I can’t see any photos doctored or otherwise connected to the fake account I’m afraid. I’m struggling to even get hold of any legitimate antifa accounts now as well. They’ve all gone underground after being designated terrorists. But I’ve seen countless videos of them turning up at otherwise peaceful protests, and even BLM protestors begging them to leave because they were destroying property.

Have to wait and see what the ground looks like when the dust has settled I suppose.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

People marched into government buildings armed to the teeth because they wanted to get their hair cut and managed to get hurt less than unarmed protesters and press wanting black people to be killed less by police.

Did they get their haircut?"

In some places yes. There's a horrifying picture of a black woman covered in plastic bags giving a white woman a manicure. Because some states have opened back up again

Reply privately

over a year ago

"One thing that does annoy me though is people using this really important societal injustice as just another way to get fabs on their photos. Black people won't get justice and fair treatment by a naked woman taking a photo and using the cause for popularity on Fabswingers. It's totally unacceptable! I'm all for getting fabs, but not by riding on the back of a cause which is way more important.

Seems I hit a nerve for posting said black lives matter photo seeing as we have been blocked yet never spoken.

The reason for the post if the photo is Jay is mixed race not for likes. ??

Regardless of what platform it is posted. If it sparks even one light in the head of an Ignorant person then it's worked.

And to be honest this is the perfect platform for the photo!

Seeing as lots of members like to play and explore fetishes of BBC and beautiful ebony women its about time people woke up to the fact black people are not a fetish or for the entertainment of others!

So I'll say it again.

Black lives matter...

"

I haven't blocked you? Nor was my post about you specifically. If you tried to message me, I have my filters on for all women.

Reply privately

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

WHAT THE FUCK MAN? SERIOULSY? Clearly you've never been subjected to racism. A black man got killed on video and the even with that recording his killer is being charged with 3 degree murder and manslaughter. If his family hadn't paid for and independent autopsy it was already being said he had underlying health conditions and that was the cause of death. You can hear the man saying I can't breath and my stomach hurts, he even cries for him mama before he dies. If this was a white man who had died under these circumstances the black person who killed him would be facing the death penalty. So yes BLACK LIVES DO MATTER

Reply privately

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

"For anyone who wants a really powerful message, google for Alison Hammond and hear what she has to say

All lives do matter yes, but that is not the point and trying to take away what the black community is trying to say, or overshadow it, is just ridiculous.

No?

Then you have no idea what it is like and have no right to comment on their emotions.

A small few are rioting and the media are all over it to try and throw a bad light, and that is a perfect example of why the protests are happening.

There are much much much more peaceful protests going on."

Do the Travelling community not suffer racism on a daily bases, and what about the Jewishs community.

Reply privately

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

"People shot to death by U.S. police, by race 2017-2020

Black Lives Matter

Hide

2017 2018 2019 2020*

White 457 399 370 42

Black 223 209 235 31

Hispanic 179 148 158 13

Other 44 36 39 3

Unknown 84 204 202 139

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

It is worth noting that black people make up 12.7% of americans"

This

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

WHAT THE FUCK MAN? SERIOULSY? Clearly you've never been subjected to racism. A black man got killed on video and the even with that recording his killer is being charged with 3 degree murder and manslaughter. If his family hadn't paid for and independent autopsy it was already being said he had underlying health conditions and that was the cause of death. You can hear the man saying I can't breath and my stomach hurts, he even cries for him mama before he dies. If this was a white man who had died under these circumstances the black person who killed him would be facing the death penalty. So yes BLACK LIVES DO MATTER"

Of course black lives matter. I don’t think anyone is saying that they don’t. It’s kind of stating the obvious. Such horrific brutality deserves a better slogan.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

I’ve had a good look at this now and read quite a few articles in relation to it. They were suspended then deleted by twitter for threats of violence and then being found out to be connected to a white supremacist group. I can’t see any photos doctored or otherwise connected to the fake account I’m afraid. I’m struggling to even get hold of any legitimate antifa accounts now as well. They’ve all gone underground after being designated terrorists. But I’ve seen countless videos of them turning up at otherwise peaceful protests, and even BLM protestors begging them to leave because they were destroying property.

Have to wait and see what the ground looks like when the dust has settled I suppose. "

Ah I'm sure you'll find a way to keep the focus on antifa whilst saying absolutely nothing about the original police brutality, the brutality of the police to protestors including even attacking reporters, the white supremacists getting involved, etc

People aren't fooled by this "centrist" shit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Black lives matter

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

WHAT THE FUCK MAN? SERIOULSY? Clearly you've never been subjected to racism. A black man got killed on video and the even with that recording his killer is being charged with 3 degree murder and manslaughter. If his family hadn't paid for and independent autopsy it was already being said he had underlying health conditions and that was the cause of death. You can hear the man saying I can't breath and my stomach hurts, he even cries for him mama before he dies. If this was a white man who had died under these circumstances the black person who killed him would be facing the death penalty. So yes BLACK LIVES DO MATTER

Of course black lives matter. I don’t think anyone is saying that they don’t. It’s kind of stating the obvious. Such horrific brutality deserves a better slogan. "

I think the fact we need to state the obvious is quite stark.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If All Lives Matter why are black people killed so often? Might give people the impression that black lives didn't matter.

Then probably you'd have to make a hashtag confirming that they do, no?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

So much virtue signalling. I'm triggered

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Exactly!

So when a white man kills a church full of black people and gets taken to Burger King on his way to lock up, I don't think it too much for a black man, allegedly suspected of passing a fake $20 bill to actually get to lock up...alive!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Until black lives matter... All lives don't! It is seriously not that hard to grasp... People need to read it for what it is, not what they think it is!

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Nooooo...said no one!

Reply privately

By *evernmanMan
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"

Because no white people doubt that white lives matter.

But many white people do not believe that all lives matter.

Duh.

Reply privately

By *evernmanMan
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

From Twitter today, a white man writing:

"George Floyd and I were both arrested for allegedly spending a counterfeit $20 bill. For George Floyd, a man my age, with two kids, it was a death sentence. For me, it is a story I sometimes tell at parties. That, my friends, is White privilege."

Reply privately

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

But that's the whole point. Because of this latest attrocity and all the others, it's clear that black lives don't matter and white lives do. Of course every life is precious but when a black life is taken by a white person and they aren't held to account because the whole justice system and society threat the murder as an act of no consequence, it can be because black lives don't matter. So there has be a campaign make black lives matter because, it's only when they do, that all lives will matter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

People say racism is bad, but I've got some good mates who are racist. Although they are black, and to be fair, I think they've got a point... Frankie Boyle

Reply privately

over a year ago

But that's the whole point. Because of this latest attrocity and all the others, it's clear that black lives don't matter and white lives do. Of course every life is precious but when a black life is taken by a white person and they aren't held to account because the whole justice system and society threat the murder as an act of no consequence, it can be because black lives don't matter. So there has be a campaign make black lives matter because, it's only when they do, that all lives will matter."

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Looting is wrong.

I'm all for peaceful protest and don't see what looting achieves. The people I love dearly, a son in law, a brother in law, my best friend and partner are all white, I have no axe to grind, but I've watched the footage coming out of the States.

I can't finish what I want to say, I'd probably get a lifetime ban!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"For anyone who wants a really powerful message, google for Alison Hammond and hear what she has to say

No?

There are much much much more peaceful protests going on.

Do the Travelling community not suffer racism on a daily bases, and what about the Jewishs community."

They do and its also wrong.

Reply privately

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

Except that American police forces tend to have a prediliction for ensuring the death of black males

Reply privately

over a year ago

Videos on twitter of police unloading bricks in Boston. Not the first report I've heard of pallets of bricks mysteriously turning up.

Someone is definitely stoking this fire, and allegations of undercover people amongst the protesters inciting violence aren't hard to come by.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have to wait and see what the ground looks like when the dust has settled I suppose.

Ah I'm sure you'll find a way to keep the focus on antifa whilst saying absolutely nothing about the original police brutality, the brutality of the police to protestors including even attacking reporters, the white supremacists getting involved, etc

People aren't fooled by this "centrist" shit. "

Another one who doesn’t like his bubble being burst. I’m stating what I’ve seen for myself, and unfortunately for you I’m really not upset if you want to get all bent out of shape about it. I don’t need to comment on the police brutality or the open racism to black people in America, as I already have, repeatedly in this thread and others, so you can stop strawmanning me too.

Show me direct evidence of what you’re saying and I’ll believe you. I’ve looked and I can’t find it. It’s not really a big ask is it? You don’t need to be so hostile because you’re narrative is being questioned. Calm down luvvie

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm so shocked at some of the horrific opinions on here.

People trying to blame anti fascists.

People trying to shift the focus onto the riots

People trying to say "all lives matter" to make out like there isn't a racist element to this.

So many ignorant and hateful views. No wonder this country is in decline.

"There comes a time when silence is betrayal". MLK."

I've noticed that anyone who argues for the status quo is considered a realist and anyone who argues for change is a misguided, impractical, virtue signaller.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Please, just think about racism more critically. Please. Please just consider the way anti black racism has manifested itself and how it presents itself in many communities, but not just that, but how they societally and globally benefit from it. Racism does not only affect black people, but I don’t see why black people protesting anti black racism, which is very specific, offends people so much? I know access to so much information is not always freely available or accessible, but some people in this thread are just so unwilling to listen.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

What’s so scary about normalising equality?

What do you really have to lose other than fragility of ego.

Embrace it.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

People trying to say "all lives matter" to make out like there isn't a racist element to this.

"There comes a time when silence is betrayal". MLK.

I've noticed that anyone who argues for the status quo is considered a realist and anyone who argues for change is a misguided, impractical, virtue signaller."

Yes.

Funny that.

If the status quo is realistic then I'm happy to be misguided. Fuck that

Reply privately

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Imagine it’s your child’s funeral. You’re giving an eulogy explaining what your child meant to you and how special your child was. And someone grabs the microphone & says actually all children are special. That’s what all lives matter sounds like.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Did the police man kill him on purpose because he was a black guy ?. He isn't going to last 5mins in an American jail

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've noticed that anyone who argues for the status quo is considered a realist and anyone who argues for change is a misguided, impractical, virtue signaller.

Yes.

Funny that.

If the status quo is realistic then I'm happy to be misguided. Fuck that "

Yup..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There comes a time when silence is betrayal". MLK."

Let me make this crystal clear as part of this is clearly aimed at me; I’m not ‘blaming’ antifa for anything other than some of the violence going on.

That doesn’t take away from the horrific discrimination African Americans are suffering, the brutality of George's murder or any other injustices black people have to endure daily. I’m 100% behind the outrage and condemnation of what has been happening in America, particularly as I have family over there. I’ve been told first hand by them what their black friends have to suffer through. What concerns me, what has always concerned me about any of the disorder going on is how those committing the violence and destruction are hijacking a legitimate cause for their own ends. It truly disgusts me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I feel like the people that bleat on about ‘all lives matter’ were those arsehole kids that used to act up at birthday parties because they weren’t the centre of attention for more than 1 minute.

Reply privately

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Of course it matters, please read my thread about George floyd

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"

I'm not!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Let me make this crystal clear as part of this is clearly aimed at me; I’m not ‘blaming’ antifa for anything other than some of the violence going on.

That doesn’t take away from the horrific discrimination African Americans are suffering, the brutality of George's murder or any other injustices black people have to endure daily. I’m 100% behind the outrage and condemnation of what has been happening in America, particularly as I have family over there. I’ve been told first hand by them what their black friends have to suffer through. What concerns me, what has always concerned me about any of the disorder going on is how those committing the violence and destruction are hijacking a legitimate cause for their own ends. It truly disgusts me. "

Almost like someone hijacking a thread about Black Lives Matter to bang on and on about anti fascists?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not!"

I'm new round here.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That doesn’t take away from the horrific discrimination African Americans are suffering, the brutality of George's murder or any other injustices black people have to endure daily. I’m 100% behind the outrage and condemnation of what has been happening in America, particularly as I have family over there. I’ve been told first hand by them what their black friends have to suffer through. What concerns me, what has always concerned me about any of the disorder going on is how those committing the violence and destruction are hijacking a legitimate cause for their own ends. It truly disgusts me.

Almost like someone hijacking a thread about Black Lives Matter to bang on and on about anti fascists?"

I highlighted a point, people got triggered by it, so I responded in a very calm, polite and non aggressive manner and got accused of being an ‘alt right troll’ and pretty much bullied by people on the thread. If that’s highjacking a thread then I apologise. I’ll just shut my filthy mouth and let people trample all over my factually accurate statements shall I? That’s how conversations are meant to work but obviously not here.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I'm not!"

neither am i... and this thread wouldn't even be in top 10!!

probably says:

a) we have been here waaaay too long

b) the shit we can seen some people say would truely make eyes water

c) its a sad indictment in the more people want things to change, the more they stay the same....

would i love things to change... sure!

what is it about "this one" that is different? i have no idea because we have seen this one in eric garner, and shit happened then!(the fact i need to say "this one" should give away a lot!)

do i think "this one" will stick...... ask me again in 10 days time!

the fact that the "average" white person is actually thinking about having the conversation gives me hope

more allies, less bystanders...

Reply privately

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I'm not!

probably says:

c) its a sad indictment in the more people want things to change, the more they stay the same....

what is it about "this one" that is different? i have no idea because we have seen this one in eric garner, and shit happened then!(the fact i need to say "this one" should give away a lot!)

the fact that the "average" white person is actually thinking about having the conversation gives me hope

more allies, less bystanders..."

I don't think the uproar is because it's different. Quite the opposite. I think it's because it is an example of something which is the same as what has happened again and again, and highly visible.

This type of thing is known to have been happening for decades. The evidence is right there. It's depraved and it needs to stop.

I haven't heard anybody say this is some kind of anomaly. It is a demonstration of a racist institution with too much power and protection literally getting away with murder. Again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Another one for the block list. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not!

probably says:

more allies, less bystanders..."

I have hope this time. But it’s the hope that gets you. Everytime

Reply privately

over a year ago

Another one for the block list.

"

Honestly, can’t wait to be able to brag on the next block list thread. I’m up massively after the recent threads.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And all the while the virus silently spreads amongst us

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hi All.

Reading some of the responses I’m glad that some people actually get it.

For YEARS there have been peaceful protests, speeches done by public figures, American footballers kneeling down because changes need to be made, but no one is listening and things are getting worse.

Destroying people’s livelihood is not right.

However all channels have been exhausted because things are getting worse & more black people are being killed by the same people who are supposed to protect & serve EVERYONE.

The ones who are protesting peacefully are actually stepping in and stopping people who are taking things too far.

If people actually go online, watch the content posted by those who are at the protests (Not the media) you will see that there people who are not even there to support, in fact they’re causing trouble and you can even see police officers destroying windows and running people over.

The Black Lives Matter movement didn’t just occur overnight, it has been a movement for years.

Because racism isn’t exclusive just in the US, it exists all over the world, even here in the UK!

No one is saying Black Lives Matter only.

All Lives Do Matter, but the black lives are not being treated equally.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hi All.

For YEARS there have been peaceful protests, speeches done by public figures, American footballers kneeling down because changes need to be made, but no one is listening and things are getting worse.

However all channels have been exhausted because things are getting worse & more black people are being killed by the same people who are supposed to protect & serve EVERYONE.

The ones who are protesting peacefully are actually stepping in and stopping people who are taking things too far.

If people actually go online, watch the content posted by those who are at the protests (Not the media) you will see that there people who are not even there to support, in fact they’re causing trouble and you can even see police officers destroying windows and running people over.

The Black Lives Matter movement didn’t just occur overnight, it has been a movement for years.

Because racism isn’t exclusive just in the US, it exists all over the world, even here in the UK!

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And all the while the virus silently spreads amongst us"

Which we are more likely to die from. Do you think that Black people wouldn’t rather be doing something else, like, I don’t know, staying safe.

What do you want people to do??? I’m confused by this post??? Should they just write a letter to their mayors? For the millionth time. Should we write to our local MPs? For the millionth time.

‘Hey, me again. Just wondering if you got my last letter re killing us? Anyway hope to hear back soon.

Steve’.

Reply privately

over a year ago

And even on here some are suggesting that black lives matter is in and of itself a hate group. While they're entitled to their views... I'm personally of the view that they are unwilling to examine the real grievances of ethnic minorities."

Yeah, but lighting stuff on fire really isn't great PR.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah, but lighting stuff on fire really isn't great PR."

I think its gone beyond the point of public relations now tbh bud.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Hi All.

"

Yes

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hi All.

"

Well said.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And all the while the virus silently spreads amongst us

Which we are more likely to die from. Do you think that Black people wouldn’t rather be doing something else, like, I don’t know, staying safe.

What do you want people to do??? I’m confused by this post??? Should they just write a letter to their mayors? For the millionth time. Should we write to our local MPs? For the millionth time.

‘Hey, me again. Just wondering if you got my last letter re killing us? Anyway hope to hear back soon.

Steve’. "

I'm confused by your post

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ignore the black bit just stick with lives matter no matter what colour our skin is we are human and we should love and care for all humans as that's how life should be. No racists no colour just human

Reply privately

over a year ago

I found out just a couple of hours ago that something happened somewhere in the world. I dont watch the news & im not on social media. I put the radio on in my car & heard that theres going to be peaceful protests in the uk. I dont condone that an innocent person has been killed but my concern is these protests in the uk & further afield will turn onto riots which i believe is happening. The law is the law. If you break it then you go to jail its that simple. I hope the uk doesnt adopt the sheep mentality as id jail anyone that breaks a peaceful protest

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ignore the black bit just stick with lives matter no matter what colour our skin is we are human and we should love and care for all humans as that's how life should be. No racists no colour just human "

I love it when white people say stuff like this...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And all the while the virus silently spreads amongst us"

And when there’s a vaccine, and that pandemic is over, racism will still exist.

The virus is not just another excuse people can use to avoid acknowledging that racism is a much more dangerous pandemic.

It’s not ‘silently spreading’, it’s right under our noses. Some people chose not to see.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Yeah, but lighting stuff on fire really isn't great PR.

I think its gone beyond the point of public relations now tbh bud. "

True, but that's why so many people dislike BLM, myself included. Their marches have a habit of getting violent, their cause is fictional and it just seems to be the usual crowd of people wanting to blame white people for everything wrong in their lives.

Should George Floyd have been knelt on like that? No. Should people be mad about it? Yes. Should that mean breaking shit is okay? No.

As far as the peaceful protests go, the stuff I've seen isn't peaceful. People get up in the face of police officers, talk trash and when they get slapped down like they would if they did that to a normal person, they whine about brutality.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All lives matter

Reply privately