By *lym007Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

I have both but I prefer Alexa x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Have Google Assistant and it ties in with Spotify (as well as Google Music and YouTube I think) and works quite well for that - apart from that the most use it gets is to ask how old celebs are when they pop up on telly

How it compares to Alexa I don't know - was given it by work

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Neither, unless you want everything in your home recorded, every so called private conversation is recorded.

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

"Neither, unless you want everything in your home recorded, every so called private conversation is recorded. "

This. Get a smart tv with youtube & use that instead. I have an alexa I got for Xmas 2 years ago. Still in its box nice & safe where it can do no harm or hear anything. And there it shall stay.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Alexa, which is the best smart speaker?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Cortana?

over a year ago

"Opinions please. Want 1 for music. "

I like Alexa.

over a year ago

"Opinions please. Want 1 for music.

I like Alexa."

Yes if you add extra music package so you can listen to anything. Dont know about other.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Have Google Assistant and it ties in with Spotify (as well as Google Music and YouTube I think) and works quite well for that - apart from that the most use it gets is to ask how old celebs are when they pop up on telly

How it compares to Alexa I don't know - was given it by work "

Thanks for the info.

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

"Neither, unless you want everything in your home recorded, every so called private conversation is recorded. "

Agreed neither

over a year ago

"Neither, unless you want everything in your home recorded, every so called private conversation is recorded.

Agreed neither"

If dat was d case den phone n apps r just d same.

over a year ago

Go for the echo studio. Tad expensive but the sound is phenomenonal. I have 2 speaker in each room so my ibiza lounge 2020 is blasting out from 9am through the apartment every day.

over a year ago

"Go for the echo studio. Tad expensive but the sound is phenomenonal. I have 2 speaker in each room so my ibiza lounge 2020 is blasting out from 9am through the apartment every day. "

I'll look did 1 up. Do I have 2 play or music through apps?

over a year ago

Alexa

over a year ago

"Opinions please. Want 1 for music. "

They’re all useless, none of them can understand my mishmash accent

By *ittleKinksCouple
over a year ago

Reading

Google, we have one in every room. And have the nest, and the smart smoke alarms. We can basically say ok google, play music and it will turn our TV on and play music through our surround sound or we can get it to sync up all the speakers and play music through the house. Can even ask it what the temperature is and to increase it etc. Can't imagine life without it now. And we have just had a baby so we are for ever asking baby related questions hands free

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Neither, unless you want everything in your home recorded, every so called private conversation is recorded.

This. Get a smart tv with youtube & use that instead. I have an alexa I got for Xmas 2 years ago. Still in its box nice & safe where it can do no harm or hear anything. And there it shall stay."

Smart TVs can also be hacked and listened into.

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Moelfre

Surely it depends on the music service that you use? I have a nest mini that I use as a radio in the kitchen, links in nicely with Google play music.

Google have contacted me about my conversations they ask me to dive them up a bit. I'm boring our slave masters.

over a year ago

If you have amazon or spotify it helps as better music streaming but you can Bluetooth direct x

over a year ago

"Google, we have one in every room. And have the nest, and the smart smoke alarms. We can basically say ok google, play music and it will turn our TV on and play music through our surround sound or we can get it to sync up all the speakers and play music through the house. Can even ask it what the temperature is and to increase it etc. Can't imagine life without it now. And we have just had a baby so we are for ever asking baby related questions hands free "

Dis sounds good

over a year ago

"If you have amazon or spotify it helps as better music streaming but you can Bluetooth direct x"

I take it u pay for both.

over a year ago

You’ll want something with a bigger catalog of music - Spotify or Apple Music is your go to.

over a year ago

Amazon no. Spotify yes but for the little both cost a month its cheaper than buying a single back in the day lol

over a year ago

I have a google assistant and have my lights, heating, smart plugs, smart rad valves all linked onto it!

over a year ago

"Amazon no. Spotify yes but for the little both cost a month its cheaper than buying a single back in the day lol"

Thanks

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Theyre both shit at playing vinyl.

By *apiomanMan
over a year ago

Shipley

They both spy on you so neither.

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

Currys were doing a 6 month free Spotify subscription code with Amazon products (echo/dot etc) might also have been Google services too - not sure if that's still the case, but worth waiting for if it comes up again. Has to be a first time subscription though.

over a year ago

I like my Alexa and I have amazon prime for the music.

It's a useful little thing at times. I dont use it to it's full potential though. I like to get up and turn things on for myself

The whole paranoid "listening in" thing.... couldnt give a fuck! I'm not breaking any laws. CCTV and your mobile phone give them more information

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"I like my Alexa and I have amazon prime for the music.

It's a useful little thing at times. I dont use it to it's full potential though. I like to get up and turn things on for myself

The whole paranoid "listening in" thing.... couldnt give a fuck! I'm not breaking any laws. CCTV and your mobile phone give them more information "

I’m with you apart from I do sometimes ask Alexa to ventilate the car

As for being watched we hope someone is watching half the time

D.

over a year ago

The whole paranoid "listening in" thing.... couldnt give a fuck! I'm not breaking any laws. CCTV and your mobile phone give them more information

D."

It'll get worse when they start using 5g to run it now where did I put my tin foil hat

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

D.

It'll get worse when they start using 5g to run it now where did I put my tin foil hat "

D.

By *oss and SuzieCouple
over a year ago

Porthmadog

I use Alexa in the garden, plugged into a 2000 watt PA system. Keeps the sheep entertained.

over a year ago

Definitely Alexa and prime music....

over a year ago

"They both spy on you so neither. "

My phone spys on me 2 so calls good.

By *oft_SensualTV/TS
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Neither! Google and Facebook spy enough.

By *anshee99Woman
over a year ago

all over

Your phone only does the same....

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

The whole paranoid "listening in" thing.... couldnt give a fuck! I'm not breaking any laws. CCTV and your mobile phone give them more information "

Exactly. If Amazon want to listen to me asking my kids if they want cheese ham or jam sandwiches then go for it.

over a year ago

Exactly. If Amazon want to listen to me asking my kids if they want cheese ham or jam sandwiches then go for it. "

Love dis

over a year ago

I asked Alexa "what do women want"? The fucking thing hasn't shut up for three days!

over a year ago

"I asked Alexa "what do women want"? The fucking thing hasn't shut up for three days!"

When I get d chance ask her what do men want

Oh wait she wont answer

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Your phone only does the same...."

Not if you deny all the app permissions properly

They don't actually need to access anything on your phone and if they do, turn it on, use it & turn it off again.

There far to many folk willing to give up their privacy to private companies.

over a year ago

"I asked Alexa "what do women want"? The fucking thing hasn't shut up for three days!

When I get d chance ask her what do men want

Oh wait she wont answer "

She said beer and sex!

Post new Message to Thread