Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Polyamory?

Jump to newest

By *itty n Tom OP   Couple
over a year ago

hastings

Anyone else? Or just us? Are we on the wrong site? We are looking for a male so there are plenty about but are there other places for this kind of thing? Thanks for any input xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Plenty about, but I imagine the trick is finding the elusive 'one' who's compatible?

over a year ago

hastings

Very true

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

I suspect you will get plenty of volunteers, but probably the majority won't have any real understanding of polyamory, it will be a case of having to trawl through a lot of those to find the ones who do.

By *eeBDMan
over a year ago

Wigston

Yarp there are a few of us about, mostly triads that I've seen

over a year ago

hastings

"I suspect you will get plenty of volunteers, but probably the majority won't have any real understanding of polyamory, it will be a case of having to trawl through a lot of those to find the ones who do. "
have been doing for 6 years lol

over a year ago

hastings

"Yarp there are a few of us about, mostly triads that I've seen"
triads?? Sorry am not familiar with that x

By *ambofkMan
over a year ago

Hamilton

I love the idea of a poly relationship but I can imagine that trust and agreements must be a huge part of it and therefore difficult to maintain i could be completely wrong and but I do hope that those in poly relationships are happy and comfortable x

By *abonWoman
over a year ago

L’boro/Ashby & Cheltenham

There’s lots of Facebook groups...both generally sharing stories/issues, and for finding partners.

over a year ago

"Anyone else? Or just us? Are we on the wrong site? We are looking for a male so there are plenty about but are there other places for this kind of thing? Thanks for any input xx "

Speaking as the male part of a FMF Throuple, I would say that the biggest thing to remember is that polyamory is not just about the sex...

We've been together almost 4 months and we initially met through swinging. It was an odd moment, about 2 weeks after we hooked up at a swinging club, when we all first became aware of the fact that there was a lot more there than just sex.

Since then our relationship has blossomed and none of us would pretend that it's been an easy ride, especially at the very beginning. Being in a polyamorous relationship is just that, a relationship. It has to be worked at, it has to be respected and there will be hiccups, but as long as the love is there, then we would definitely recommend it.

But, once again, if all you want is a sexual relationship, then polyamory is not for you.

over a year ago

hastings

"Anyone else? Or just us? Are we on the wrong site? We are looking for a male so there are plenty about but are there other places for this kind of thing? Thanks for any input xx

Speaking as the male part of a FMF Throuple, I would say that the biggest thing to remember is that polyamory is not just about the sex...

We've been together almost 4 months and we initially met through swinging. It was an odd moment, about 2 weeks after we hooked up at a swinging club, when we all first became aware of the fact that there was a lot more there than just sex.

Since then our relationship has blossomed and none of us would pretend that it's been an easy ride, especially at the very beginning. Being in a polyamorous relationship is just that, a relationship. It has to be worked at, it has to be respected and there will be hiccups, but as long as the love is there, then we would definitely recommend it.

But, once again, if all you want is a sexual relationship, then polyamory is not for you. "

thank you very much for your honesty and your reply

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

There are a few on here that are open to having poly relationships, its whether they would be happy to have the exclusivity that you want on your profile, that narrows the field as such, maybe go into a bit more detail on your profile of what you both want

I have 2 boyfriends that do not live with me and we all meet other people with each others full knowledge as that's an important part of the relationship we want to have.

over a year ago

hastings

"There are a few on here that are open to having poly relationships, its whether they would be happy to have the exclusivity that you want on your profile, that narrows the field as such, maybe go into a bit more detail on your profile of what you both want

I have 2 boyfriends that do not live with me and we all meet other people with each others full knowledge as that's an important part of the relationship we want to have."

I really hate to share lol...x

over a year ago

"There are a few on here that are open to having poly relationships, its whether they would be happy to have the exclusivity that you want on your profile, that narrows the field as such, maybe go into a bit more detail on your profile of what you both want

I have 2 boyfriends that do not live with me and we all meet other people with each others full knowledge as that's an important part of the relationship we want to have."

That's a good point. At the moment we are a closed triad. Admittedly a lot of that comes from lockdown as we had only been together for about 6 weeks when it all kicked off.

We have discussed it and, whilst we may carry on swinging, none of us are looking to add any additional relationships to the mix, as we a happy in what we have between the three of us.

The polyamorous lifestyle is far more complicated than swinging, that much we have all learned...

over a year ago

It's an interesting dynamic, that's for sure. It was good to see it portrayed in 'Trigonometry' on the BBC. Not sensational at all.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm polyamarous but I usr fab for swinging/fwb. Not saying I wouldn't date someone I met on fab in the right circumstances but I don't think its the best place to look for it. I use dating sites for that. Either kink based ones or OKCupid.

over a year ago

Please excuse my lacking knowledge I’ve just read a short definition of Polamory So then do both partners of a couple have to be polamorous for it to work? Or just one of them? Does the single Male female or indeed other couple have to be the same Isn’t that just wife swapping in the normal sense? Apologies if I’m on the wrong end of the stick with this question!

over a year ago

"Please excuse my lacking knowledge I’ve just read a short definition of Polamory So then do both partners of a couple have to be polamorous for it to work? Or just one of them? Does the single Male female or indeed other couple have to be the same Isn’t that just wife swapping in the normal sense? Apologies if I’m on the wrong end of the stick with this question! "

Like many terms, it can mean different things. I think at the centre it's about multiple and simultaneous relationships, something more than casual sex that involves commitment.

This can take many forms. In some cases everyone lives together and in others apart. A solo polymorous person will have multiple relationships but his/her partners may only have one.

over a year ago

"Please excuse my lacking knowledge I’ve just read a short definition of Polamory So then do both partners of a couple have to be polamorous for it to work? Or just one of them? Does the single Male female or indeed other couple have to be the same Isn’t that just wife swapping in the normal sense? Apologies if I’m on the wrong end of the stick with this question!

Like many terms, it can mean different things. I think at the centre it's about multiple and simultaneous relationships, something more than casual sex that involves commitment.

This can take many forms. In some cases everyone lives together and in others apart. A solo polymorous person will have multiple relationships but his/her partners may only have one. "

Thank you for replying it’s quite complex

over a year ago

Interesting dynamic.

I find it amazing just how many people ignore the relationship aspect and lean towards just the ssexual aspect.

Yes, I agree, it'sharder than one would imagine, both to achieve and to sustain.

By *un KnightsCouple
over a year ago

South West

We lived in an exclusive poly relationship for more than 20 years. The sex is actually a very small aspect to it. It is exactly the same as a couple with all of life's normal stresses and joys but with 3 of you.

You do have a 3rd person for support and sharing the stresses which can be great but it truly only works if all of you are completely in love.

For us it just worked even though it was unplanned and one day we just realised what we had become. We don't think you can go out looking for such a relationship it will find you if you are fortunate enough.

over a year ago

Never known the right place to look for this either x

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Please excuse my lacking knowledge I’ve just read a short definition of Polamory So then do both partners of a couple have to be polamorous for it to work? Or just one of them? Does the single Male female or indeed other couple have to be the same Isn’t that just wife swapping in the normal sense? Apologies if I’m on the wrong end of the stick with this question! "

You do get relationships between monogamous and polyamorous people.

Do you mean do couples have to date the same person/people? No they don't though it does happen.

over a year ago

Polyamorous relationships are hard work, as is any relationship. Get it right and it's an awesome way to live, naturally the flip side isn't so great.

I looked at Ok cupid recently but didn't find the couples I thought I'd find there. Not sure where they are hiding!

By *rongstantineWoman
over a year ago

hull

A lot for me is the distinction between polyamory and polyfuckery. Both take extraordinary amounts of open and honest communication, and the former vastly misinterpreted for the latter.

One of the best places I've seen for advertising for couples and/or metamours is a well known dating site advertised by a Roman god.

Post new Message to Thread