Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your garden plants and flowers

Jump to newest

By *2000Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Worthing

I have a Buddleja Globosa in full (but brief) bloom. The bees are loving them. The flowers are unusual in that they are small, round and orange. Have a few tomato plants going strong and my strawberry plants are doing well. Should be a decent crop this year. Already fruit is ripening. I like nothing better than getting outside into the garden and relaxing. What plants and/or flowers do you have?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My favourite at the moment is a black lace elderberry Bush. It looks beautiful. My tall red poppies also look amazing atm as do my various pots/ baskets... I'm really enjoying my garden which is new to me as usually my hubby looks after the garden. Furlough is a wonderful thing!

over a year ago

I have daisy s and a clump of dandelions

By *2000Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Worthing

"I have daisy s and a clump of dandelions "

Good for the soil and insects.

over a year ago

i don't have a garden

over a year ago

I have a few clematis that are flowering , poppies which should be due to flower soon and just bought a new passion flower after pruning the last one too much and the wrong time of year

over a year ago

I have loads of rose bushes blooming. A couple of magnolias that are beautiful. Lots of lavender. A couple of apple trees and a raspberry Bush. I love my garden

over a year ago

"I have a few clematis that are flowering , poppies which should be due to flower soon and just bought a new passion flower after pruning the last one too much and the wrong time of year "

I thought it was impossible to kill passion flowers. We had one that just grew everywhere. I cut it right back and now it's springing up every flipping where!!

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I've got various Chili's, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Spring Onions, Chives, Basil and Garlic all in the Green House. The Hydrangeas are just coming through and and my roses are in bud. Fuck I'm boring.

over a year ago

Not much at the moment, dug the borders out in the back garden and used 2.5 tonnes of slate to cover them as I want it super low maintenance.

Not sure what to plant in pots yet

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Coriander, basil, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, beans , aloe Vera , lavender, rosemary and cat grass

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

Loads if veg, the radishes are goi g me talk. Rose's are doing well, as are the alpine.

But we're doing masses of structural work in the garden so next year it'll be simply awesone

over a year ago

Ive some nice lavender and salvia in flower at the moment. Just had my first new potatoes as well yum ...

over a year ago

Gardening is sexy as fuck innit x

over a year ago

Moved here last year. I have decking and fake grass. I miss gardening so much. I do have some hollyhock (I think) growing which the bees love. Yesterday I saw a tired bee motionless on the decking. I fed it a spoon of sugar water. Moved it into the sun ad it revived and flew away. It was so cute.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

My garden look like Chelsea!

My clematis are in continual bloom, the peonies are just starting to bud, my Actinidia Kolomikta vine looks fantastic and I have a lot of architectural plants in tubs ... it’s my sanctuary

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Ive some nice lavender and salvia in flower at the moment. Just had my first new potatoes as well yum ..."

What is this salvia ?

over a year ago

I know feck all about gardening/plants but need to get a couple of "colourful perennials" for someone as a present.

Any suggestions? Blue is a favourite colour but not essential.

I'll be putting them in a recycled beer bucket if it helps gauge the sort of size plant/flowers.

over a year ago

Our garden looks lovely. We have lots of shrubs and trees around it, a water feature with a gunnera growing around it plus lillies in it and various wild flowers around too. Plus many pots with various gorgeous bedding plants plus bamboo, a monkey puzzle tree, 2 willows, a horse chestnut tree and lots of others. Plus have sunflowers waiting to be planted.

We also have a veg plot with potatoes, green beans, broad beans, courgette, pumpkin, leeks, sweetcorn, rhubarb, tomatoes, chilli, strawberries plus lots of fruit shrubs and trees.

By *urves and KinksCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

My favourite kind of thread!!!

We have lots of stuff going on, our garden has a Japanese zen feel so plenty of fern's, hosta's, fatsia's and pieris in our shady zone. Our sunny area is full of grasses, nandia, lavender, azalea and dianthis. Kinks built a stream and pond, and can't forget his garnet Acer baby

Just ventured into the world of allotment life as well, so lots of fruit and veg to take care of. God knows what I did before I found gardening lol x

over a year ago

Coventry

"I know feck all about gardening/plants but need to get a couple of "colourful perennials" for someone as a present.

I'll be putting them in a recycled beer bucket if it helps gauge the sort of size plant/flowers."

There's some amazing herbaous perennials, lavender, thyme and rosemary are all good bets as most have purple/blue flowers and you can use them in cooking as well.

over a year ago

"Ive some nice lavender and salvia in flower at the moment. Just had my first new potatoes as well yum ...

What is this salvia ? "

Posh name for sage

over a year ago

"I know feck all about gardening/plants but need to get a couple of "colourful perennials" for someone as a present.

I'll be putting them in a recycled beer bucket if it helps gauge the sort of size plant/flowers.

There's some amazing herbaous perennials, lavender, thyme and rosemary are all good bets as most have purple/blue flowers and you can use them in cooking as well."

Cheers. The recipient ain't much of a cook so herbs will be a complete waste!

By *2000Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Worthing

In a few minutes all screens off and will go into garden for some peace and relaxation.

over a year ago

over a year ago

My rhododendrons have just finished flowering, but my hebe is in full bloom. I’m waiting for my bhuddleia and hydrangea to flower. I’ve just bought a load of different bedding plants for my sons sensory garden that’s added some lovely colours. But need to restrain my decking next. X

over a year ago

Buddleja Nonho Blue is my favourite in the summer, it attracts the butterflies and I can watch them all day

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"Buddleja Nonho Blue is my favourite in the summer, it attracts the butterflies and I can watch them all day"

I've got a big one

over a year ago

"Buddleja Nonho Blue is my favourite in the summer, it attracts the butterflies and I can watch them all day

I've got a big one "

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

I have some mildew coming on nicely in the shower and some interesting fungus between my toes

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

one spirea japonica in flower along with nastursiums and roses and thyme too the ground is bone dry as elsewhere.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Been trying to get hops from seeds with little luck.

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

stockport

If you like shrubs for their foliage suggest the Japanese Willow

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"one spirea japonica in flower along with nastursiums and roses and thyme too the ground is bone dry as elsewhere. "
along with some dianthus/pinks and some newly planted runner beans.

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

My giant Lily’s have just opened much earlier this year than last, they are bright red petals with dark black inner bits. Do not smell as much this year though but I’ve lots more to open

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I love gardening.

I'm having a go at Cape gooseberries this year. Apart from that I've got the usual stuff runner beans (two types), French beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, carrots, beetroot, strawberries, raspberries, rocket, spinach, lettuce and salad leaves, basil, sage, rosemary, peas, swiss chard and broccoli nero.

A few hanging baskets and some cosmos, geraniums etc.

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

Two Dickinsonia Antarctica In full bloom. three Japanese maples, Four black bamboos, olive tree, three clematises

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"I love gardening.

I'm having a go at Cape gooseberries this year. Apart from that I've got the usual stuff runner beans (two types), French beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, carrots, beetroot, strawberries, raspberries, rocket, spinach, lettuce and salad leaves, basil, sage, rosemary, peas, swiss chard and broccoli nero.

A few hanging baskets and some cosmos, geraniums etc. "

Wow that’s impressive

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"I love gardening.

Wow that’s impressive "

Must be amazing to picking your own Fresh ingredients.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I love gardening.

Wow that’s impressive

Must be amazing to picking your own Fresh ingredients."

it is. That's partly why I do it. I've always grown stuff. It helps that I have loads of time nowadays of course and watering is a pain in the proverbial

By *edrickWoman
over a year ago

nottingham

My peonys have just passed their best but were utterly stunning, almost the size of footballs! Now I have a cala lilly opening up which is really beautiful. Love my garden it's a beautiful relaxing place to be

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"My peonys have just passed their best but were utterly stunning, almost the size of footballs! Now I have a cala lilly opening up which is really beautiful. Love my garden it's a beautiful relaxing place to be "

Absolutely so nice to have a bit of peace and tranquility Listen to nature, no matter how big or small .

Somewhere to unwind and relax does wonders for the soul.

Does wonders for

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"My peonys have just passed their best but were utterly stunning, almost the size of footballs! Now I have a cala lilly opening up which is really beautiful. Love my garden it's a beautiful relaxing place to be "

Absolutely so nice to have a bit of peace and tranquility Listen to nature, no matter how big or small .

Somewhere to unwind and relax does wonders for the soul.

Does wonders for

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I love peonies. I put two in earlier this year and they have both died . Something has eaten all my dahlias too

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"My peonys have just passed their best but were utterly stunning, almost the size of footballs! Now I have a cala lilly opening up which is really beautiful. Love my garden it's a beautiful relaxing place to be

I love peonies. I put two in earlier this year and they have both died . Something has eaten all my dahlias too "

Slugs and snails can be a pain in the garden.

If you sink the bottom of water bottle filled with old beer in the soil around the affected plants it will attract and dispatch them.

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"My peonys have just passed their best but were utterly stunning, almost the size of footballs! Now I have a cala lilly opening up which is really beautiful. Love my garden it's a beautiful relaxing place to be

I love peonies. I put two in earlier this year and they have both died . Something has eaten all my dahlias too "

Probabily slugs your dahlias they love to eat the leaves of my runner beans and growing shoots If they can so like last year I,ve put some trays of beer out for them with a couple of beer bottles thrown in to with beer In when watering them it does somewhat dilute the beer thou I,ve covered them somewhat still brings the slugs in when thay arrive hopefully I,ll get them In the beer bottles to.

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

My current fave is my huge gunneras tho i seem to have a liking for anything with a big green leaf. Oh and ferns. Think tropical rainforest as that's my latest design

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"My current fave is my huge gunneras tho i seem to have a liking for anything with a big green leaf. Oh and ferns. Think tropical rainforest as that's my latest design "

Always in the lookout for new additions for the garden, must checkout the gunneras.

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"My current fave is my huge gunneras tho i seem to have a liking for anything with a big green leaf. Oh and ferns. Think tropical rainforest as that's my latest design

Always in the lookout for new additions for the garden, must checkout the gunneras."

massive leaves, remember seeing them growing in Cornwall. May be a tad to big for my garden though.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

"My current fave is my huge gunneras tho i seem to have a liking for anything with a big green leaf. Oh and ferns. Think tropical rainforest as that's my latest design "

Is that elephant rhubarb?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

We like cottage garden plants. We have foxgloves , hollyhocks ,lupins, roses, phlox. We have a large shed with a wedding day white rambling rose right across the roof. We grow potatoes, lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. We have about 200 dahlias, which we lift every autumn, I'm now replanting them

over a year ago

I have a small patio so have always wanted to grow sunflowers. Got some in a large plant pot.....Evening Sun !!

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

My orchids are doing very well and I’ll plant my tomato’s and spring onions within the next two weeks.

I’m thinking I’ll add a few hummingbird plants and marigolds.

over a year ago

I love my gunnera too, its such an interesting plant as it grows, in winter we pile the leaves from trees etc onto it to protect it and then in spring the flower stem starts creeping out from the leaf cover and then the new leaves, it's amazing

over a year ago

"My current fave is my huge gunneras tho i seem to have a liking for anything with a big green leaf. Oh and ferns. Think tropical rainforest as that's my latest design

Always in the lookout for new additions for the garden, must checkout the gunneras.

massive leaves, remember seeing them growing in Cornwall. May be a tad to big for my garden though."

There are smaller ones too.

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

massive leaves, remember seeing them growing in Cornwall. May be a tad to big for my garden though.

There are smaller ones too."

Do like Broad leaf plants for attracting wildlife into the garden.

By *anshee99Woman
over a year ago

all over

Full veg plot

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

Is that elephant rhubarb?"

Yes. It's huge

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan
over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

Personally, I have......

.....fallen asleep scrolling through this thread hoping it would liven up

By *ark ph0enixWoman
over a year ago

Teesside

I love my gunnera too, its such an interesting plant as it grows, in winter we pile the leaves from trees etc onto it to protect it and then in spring the flower stem starts creeping out from the leaf cover and then the new leaves, it's amazing "

I have 3 lots and can't get enough if them

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've spent loads of time in my garden while off on furlough. My veg patch is we3d free for the first time in a long time. I've got strawberries (picked the first ones this evening), raspberries, red and white onions, potatoes and parsnips. Chillies and peppers in the greenhouse, 3 tomato plants I got from my neighbour will go outside this year.

Flower wise I've a lovely pink rose which smells amazing in full bloom, lavender, osteospurmums, fushia, jasmine, various pots. I've also got an apple tree and a hazel tree never had any nuts off it (story of my life).

My favourite bit is my herb garden which is in an old water feature it's got sage, thyme, chives and rosemary in it. I've got mint and oregano in separate pots.

I should get out more

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 01/06/20 20:37:32]

over a year ago

Has anyone tasted Himalayan Balsam flowers,grow wild at local Riverside,quite sweet, and apparently a common edible flower in India

over a year ago

Coventry

Potted some stuff on today down at the allotment, looking forward to our black cherry tomatoes later this year, we've gone for a few different varieties. Got a few different pumpkins on the go, which will be great fun later in the year. Also, experimenting with a new drip feed system for the greenhouse. Fingers crossed lol

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

My first summer on my own, so decided I needed to show some pride in myself & tackled buying & potting up plants to enjoy probably my last summer in the house before it sells. Relied on garden centre for advice & they've done me proud.

Variety of fab petunias in lots of striking colours, taken a real liking to verbenas but so have the slugs & snails. Blue pellets for them! Salvia, marigolds, geraniums but the bees seem to love the existing campanula plants that are bursting into hundreds of purple flowers & look fantastic. Fuschias too when they flower in different colours.

This year is about learning & seeing what I like but I'm most proud of doing my first hanging baskets from scratch.

Best of all are my jap maples that look stunning in the sun with multiple shades of red thru the leaves.

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"My first summer on my own, so decided I needed to show some pride in myself & tackled buying & potting up plants to enjoy probably my last summer in the house before it sells. Relied on garden centre for advice & they've done me proud.

Variety of fab petunias in lots of striking colours, taken a real liking to verbenas but so have the slugs & snails. Blue pellets for them! Try and use small plastic trays If you can and put some cheap beer in them the slugs love the malt and will drown In it the blue pellets unfortuneately are deadly to wildlife If they eat them I once lost a hedgehog that way. Salvia, marigolds, geraniums but the bees seem to love the existing campanula plants that are bursting into hundreds of purple flowers & look fantastic. Fuschias too when they flower in different colours.

This year is about learning & seeing what I like but I'm most proud of doing my first hanging baskets from scratch.

Best of all are my jap maples that look stunning in the sun with multiple shades of red thru the leaves. "

over a year ago

"My first summer on my own, so decided I needed to show some pride in myself & tackled buying & potting up plants to enjoy probably my last summer in the house before it sells. Relied on garden centre for advice & they've done me proud.

Variety of fab petunias in lots of striking colours, taken a real liking to verbenas but so have the slugs & snails. Blue pellets for them! Salvia, marigolds, geraniums but the bees seem to love the existing campanula plants that are bursting into hundreds of purple flowers & look fantastic. Fuschias too when they flower in different colours.

Best of all are my jap maples that look stunning in the sun with multiple shades of red thru the leaves. "

The blue pellets are so dangerous to other wildlife, much nicer and kinder to use other methods against slugs and snails. Personally i rarely need to use anything but there are various methods to use such as putting gravel around plants or egg shells or use tubs of beer

By *oss and SuzieCouple
over a year ago

Porthmadog

We've been watching azaleas and rhodedendrons coming into flower, all colours under the sun. Owner in the 1950s was a friend of the head gardener of Bodnant and we've been reinstating the 70 year old planting.

By *oss and SuzieCouple
over a year ago

Porthmadog

P.s. we've found the best way to admire the garden is lying naked and horizontally

Post new Message to Thread