Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Invasion of privacy (or not)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

two days ago my neighbour's next door put a table and chairs and a parasol up beside the boundary fence between our houses,in the back garden.meaning that they can now look over into my garden when they are sitting there.they have a trampoline also near, so anyone using it can see over into my garden because its too close to the fence. We all have large gardens so plenty of space to put them else where. The fence is high but can be overlooked by then when they are sitting out beside the fence.am feeling uncomfy.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not. It’s their property they can put their trampoline where they like.

over a year ago

How annoying.

Naked sunbathing might sort it.

over a year ago

They have literally just placed some furniture in their garden. I'm sure they have better things to do than spy on you... unless you exhibit odd behaviour regularly?

I'd be freaked out if they'd installed a bird hide though... that means they're definitely spying!

over a year ago

How do you know this unless you’re looking into their garden?

over a year ago

It must be a really low fence if they can look over whilst sat down? Put a screen up your side is the best I can think of.

over a year ago

Can we keep it to the forums OP

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

If the fence is high but they can see in when sitting down have they also built a tree house?

Maybe that bit gets the sun when they want to sit there.

There could be a million reasons, however you can't tell people where to sit in their own garden.

over a year ago

Tough one how friendly are you with them?

over a year ago

If your houses are two floors and have any windows at back of house nothing stopping them looking into your garden from rooms on the second floor

By *abarellaWoman
over a year ago

Warminster

Cant see how this is possible?

Re trampoline..... reach over and slash it. Tell them you saw a fox on it

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I find that most people are too absorbed with themselves to worry about neighbours

over a year ago

"two days ago my neighbour's next door put a table and chairs and a parasol up beside the boundary fence between our houses,in the back garden.meaning that they can now look over into my garden when they are sitting there.they have a trampoline also near, so anyone using it can see over into my garden because its too close to the fence. We all have large gardens so plenty of space to put them else where. The fence is high but can be overlooked by then when they are sitting out beside the fence.am feeling uncomfy."
go naked they'll soon move it

over a year ago

"Cant see how this is possible?

Re trampoline..... reach over and slash it. Tell them you saw a fox on it "

Why? Her neighbours haven't done anything?

over a year ago

It's their garden, every inch of it. They can put what they want where they want. And if that fence belongs to them - they can replace it with chicken wire or picket fence if they choose to next time it's due. There's no law of what kind of fence and how tall it should be, so no law on "privacy" between the gardens.

over a year ago

It's their garden they can put garden furniture and equipment where they want. It might be there because it catches the sun/is in shade/leaves space for the rest of the garden to be used for other activities/is placed next to a lovely smelling honeysuckle/near lovely shrubs etc!

If the fence is high how can they see over ?

If you know what they have put there then you must have looked into their garden.

Chill ... you are lucky enough to have a garden, many people don't !!

And no, i don't think it's an invasion of privacy, it's their garden !!

over a year ago

"two days ago my neighbour's next door put a table and chairs and a parasol up beside the boundary fence between our houses,in the back garden.meaning that they can now look over into my garden when they are sitting there.they have a trampoline also near, so anyone using it can see over into my garden because its too close to the fence. We all have large gardens so plenty of space to put them else where. The fence is high but can be overlooked by then when they are sitting out beside the fence.am feeling uncomfy."

My mum ha the same oriblem so put the washing line up right in the way

over a year ago

"It's their garden they can put garden furniture and equipment where they want. It might be there because it catches the sun/is in shade/leaves space for the rest of the garden to be used for other activities/is placed next to a lovely smelling honeysuckle/near lovely shrubs etc!

If you know what they have put there then you must have looked into their garden.

"

One word Sanctimonious

over a year ago

my neighbours put up a trampoline in my part of the garden

they stay in the other side of the flats

they have a bit of their own but i think they must have bought a pet and have a fenced off bit

surely i can tell them to get it to fuck

i don't want their kids jumping about in my garden

over a year ago

"If your houses are two floors and have any windows at back of house nothing stopping them looking into your garden from rooms on the second floor"

over a year ago

If you're really concerned OP there's nothing to stop you making an area of your garden private so that no one can see. We did exactly that with our decking area. Planted tall bamboo all around so neighbours can't see from their upstairs window.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We put a wind break up when we're sitting out because one of our neighbours seems quite interested in what we do. We've started saying outrageous things in their earshot now. .

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

Our fences are quite low across 4 gardens, all our garden furniture is at the top of our gardens because that’s where the sun shines all day, when the neighbours are out they get about their own business and I get about mine. It is quite possible to live next door to people and allow them to live their own lives how they see fit in their own space, it is not an invasion of anyone’s privacy

over a year ago

"It's their garden they can put garden furniture and equipment where they want. It might be there because it catches the sun/is in shade/leaves space for the rest of the garden to be used for other activities/is placed next to a lovely smelling honeysuckle/near lovely shrubs etc!

One word Sanctimonious"

Yeah yeah

over a year ago

"How annoying.

Naked sunbathing might sort it. "

My nbours seem to be happy about my naked sunbathing...

By *istretchMan
over a year ago

leeds

Does really bother you in the scheme of things ? Do you do things you wouldn't want the neighbour to see ,they might be on here and seen most of you anyway lol

over a year ago

parts of my garden that i want secluded i brought some tree planters and put fast growing bamboos in .. and my neighbors are great ive given them off cuts of bamboo so they can do the same .. alway get on with neighbors nothing worse than bad ones

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Is it your boundary fence or theirs?

If it's yours you can raise the height to a max of 2 meters, pop a bit of trellis on the top.

But they can put the table anywhere they like on their property.

over a year ago

Maybe you should have thought about buying a house with no neighbours. I am sure they aren't interested in what you are doing and if they do stare and make you uncomfortable tell them xx

Post new Message to Thread