Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

David Essex .....

Jump to newest

By *oe_Steve_NWest OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bolton

did anyone hear that terrible song this aft on radio 2 - I'm tone deaf and was cringing......used to rate him too.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Rock on!

over a year ago

Hold me close

over a year ago

Bolton

No - it was really embarrasing - not good at all

over a year ago

"No - it was really embarrasing - not good at all"

Nope I've never heard of that one hun

over a year ago

Bolton

i think he has just released an 'unplugged' album - he can't sing - i'm gutted!

over a year ago

"i think he has just released an 'unplugged' album - he can't sing - i'm gutted!"

Well he must be penshionable age now surely lol

over a year ago

Bolton

"i think he has just released an 'unplugged' album - he can't sing - i'm gutted!

Well he must be penshionable age now surely lol"

so is tom jones and he can still sing! could do tom jones even at his age actually!

over a year ago

my sis loved the song a winters tale

over a year ago

Bolton

he has done some fantastic stuff which is why that thing this aft was so upsetting!

over a year ago

His contribution on the War of the Worlds album is fantastic

over a year ago

"i think he has just released an 'unplugged' album - he can't sing - i'm gutted!

so is tom jones and he can still sing! could do tom jones even at his age actually!"

Yep our tom can sing .... we don't live too far from where he was from actually but can't say I'd do him .... that strange hair would put me off lol

over a year ago

Bolton

"His contribution on the War of the Worlds album is fantastic "

yes - have to agree - singing as well as speaking but .... did no one else hear that terrible song today?

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

He still has gorgeous twinkly eyes,

over a year ago

Bolton

"He still has gorgeous twinkly eyes, "

couldn't see his eyes as on the radio - just heard a very terrible voice

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

so is tom jones and he can still sing! could do tom jones even at his age actually!"

I must still be in with a chance then?

over a year ago

Bolton

so is tom jones and he can still sing! could do tom jones even at his age actually!

Yes - if you;re handsome and suave, a good singer and a great lover -

I must still be in with a chance then? "

over a year ago

Bolton

sorry - that got all mixed up with the quote!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/10/09 22:19:50]

over a year ago

"He still has gorgeous twinkly eyes, "

One of the funniest sketches we've seen on TV was the Little Britain 'Neighbourhood Watch'.

It involves Gypsies and a picture of David Essex and makes reference to his eyes.

Enter it on You Tube,it's brilliant!

XXXX

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

with you lamplight shining,ever cloud has a siver lining, hold me close don't let me go, woo no

over a year ago

He old grey and wrinkly now....

never rated him meself

over a year ago

Hmmmm

I have loved this man since I was 12 years old. I am now 48 and I still love him. He can still sing and is fantastic in concert.

He has worked none stop for the last three years, with various projects. He does so much for Charity and is a genuine lovely man.

Nobody can diss him to me, I just do not listen lol.

To me he will always be my Hero and Idol

OMG I am not having hot flushes lol.

This is Gill by the way hahahaha

xx

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"Hmmmm

I have loved this man since I was 12 years old. I am now 48 and I still love him. He can still sing and is fantastic in concert.

He has worked none stop for the last three years, with various projects. He does so much for Charity and is a genuine lovely man.

xx "

went to see him live just outside southend as the circus tavern back in the 70s and again in the 80s at clacton town hall when my ex was 83/4 months pregnant lol

over a year ago

I agree about him being great in War of the Worlds but i honestly thought he was dead! What is he now....150

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"I agree about him being great in War of the Worlds but i honestly thought he was dead! What is he now....150 "
mid to late 50,s posibly early 60s but definitely not dead

over a year ago

"did anyone hear that terrible song this aft on radio 2 - I'm tone deaf and was cringing......used to rate him too....."

Aw he used to have a lovely mellow voice too

over a year ago

"Hmmmm

xx "

No worries hun..

I used to feel the same way about gary glitter.

ahem !

over a year ago

He is def not dead lol

He is 62 and as far as I am concertned has aged as well as the next man. My best mate used to be as mad about him as i was now she says yeugh but he is old!!! well guess what we have all aged also !!

I know he isnt everyones cup of tea and I am used to all the stick i get but I don't care lol He is and always will be wonderful (Sad i know lol)

over a year ago

Saw soething online and he is going to be on tour next year with the osmonds, leo sayer, and best of all THE BAY CITY ROLLERS! shang-a-lang

over a year ago

I heard something bout him appearing with the tweenies..Or was that just gossip ?...

over a year ago

Bolton

"Saw soething online and he is going to be on tour next year with the osmonds, leo sayer, and best of all THE BAY CITY ROLLERS! shang-a-lang"

I'd go to that - loved the bcr's - and donny - swoon!!!!!!!!!!

over a year ago

It is the once in a lifetime tour and he will be with all the oldies. I dont have anyone I could gowith lol All my mates who used to be fans are no longer !!

"The Tweenies"!!!! tut tut lol

Gill

over a year ago

I know we are meant to be patriotic but why listen to the likes of david and the bay city rollers when there was such monumental music around at that time - one of my huge regrets was that I went to see Bob Marley when was just 7 yrs old with my brothers and sister and never really appreciated it. But at the time you could easily have seen madness in their night boat to ciaro prime or Bowie as ziggy stardust or even Marc Bolan and T Rex. The other half was a big bay city rollers fan - there is an age gap - please can someone explain the appeal - personally just can't see it?

over a year ago

"I know we are meant to be patriotic but why listen to the likes of david and the bay city rollers when there was such monumental music around at that time - one of my huge regrets was that I went to see Bob Marley when was just 7 yrs old with my brothers and sister and never really appreciated it. But at the time you could easily have seen madness in their night boat to ciaro prime or Bowie as ziggy stardust or even Marc Bolan and T Rex. The other half was a big bay city rollers fan - there is an age gap - please can someone explain the appeal - personally just can't see it?"

I may be wrong but is this the male part of the couple posting? If so then there you have your answer to your question lol. I don't know many guys who would openly admit to liking the Rollers or david essex, but I bet they could sing some of their songs lol.

Perrsonally I also loved Bob Marley, Bowie etc and I still do have a very wide range of tastes when it comes to music

Gill xx

over a year ago

Bolton

"I know we are meant to be patriotic but why listen to the likes of david and the bay city rollers when there was such monumental music around at that time - one of my huge regrets was that I went to see Bob Marley when was just 7 yrs old with my brothers and sister and never really appreciated it. But at the time you could easily have seen madness in their night boat to ciaro prime or Bowie as ziggy stardust or even Marc Bolan and T Rex. The other half was a big bay city rollers fan - there is an age gap - please can someone explain the appeal - personally just can't see it?

I may be wrong but is this the male part of the couple posting? If so then there you have your answer to your question lol. I don't know many guys who would openly admit to liking the Rollers or david essex, but I bet they could sing some of their songs lol.

Perrsonally I also loved Bob Marley, Bowie etc and I still do have a very wide range of tastes when it comes to music

Gill xx"

My excuse is that I was too young to know any better!!!!

Post new Message to Thread