over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Tis the season to be sneezing (again)

Fellow sufferers step forth.

What do you take to combat it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was prescribed antihistamines (I’m breastfeeding so I can’t use normal ones), nasal spray, cream (my skin gets itchy) and eye drops. Doctor said if it’s still as bad (it will be) I can get an injection. Ooooooo

By *urdazMan
over a year ago

Near Gainsborough

It's that time of year again where I wish I had shared in Benadryl!

However its amazing the dirty looks you get when you sneeze in public until you just say Hayfever out loud.

By *elloWoman
over a year ago

alpha centauri

Last year was the first year I developed hayfever, it's mostly a problem first thing in the morning and early evening

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I was prescribed antihistamines (I’m breastfeeding so I can’t use normal ones), nasal spray, cream (my skin gets itchy) and eye drops. Doctor said if it’s still as bad (it will be) I can get an injection. Ooooooo"

I get the itches to I subsequently always feel the need to explain to folks in my presence that I don’t in fact have scabies....

Otravine Antistin eye drops for me - they sting a bit but are very effective (Optrex anti allergy drops are rather effective also) and the trusty Beconase nasal spray snorted multiple times daily

over a year ago

"Tis the season to be sneezing (again)

Fellow sufferers step forth.

What do you take to combat it?

"

Benadrill or however you spell it usually works for me.

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Here’s a puzzling phenomenon for fellow sufferers: Do you find that your symptoms are often worse after taking a shower/bath?

Mine are.

I would have thought that any pollen would in fact be washed off me and the symptoms logically therefore abated but apparently not

over a year ago

"Here’s a puzzling phenomenon for fellow sufferers: Do you find that your symptoms are often worse after taking a shower/bath?

Mine are.

I would have thought that any pollen would in fact be washed off me and the symptoms logically therefore abated but apparently not "

A shower eases mine off, although I’ll usually have a damn good sneeze or two but then I’m good for a while.

Cetirizine is still working for me at the moment; if it stops, Loratidine is the backup plan.

Post new Message to Thread