Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cummings yesterday's statement.

Jump to newest

By *heblackmac OP   Man
over a year ago

Ladywell, Lewisham.

I can stand the fact why he took his family to Dhuram during locked down But looked at them journalists out his home...... Where is the 2 meters social distanceing.... If I was to blame someone, I'll blame all them missrable people.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We put his interview on last night & concluded it was just a witch hunt. Surley a slow news day to even bother with such nonsense?!

I personally don't think he did anything wrong. You bet your arse if i was worried about my children & had the option to go to an empty house on a private estate where there was family nearby to help if need be, i'd go in a heart beat!

Folk have nothing better to do these days than spy on neighbours, judge each other for every step taken & grab a pitch fork at the slightest thing.

Trial by media, i was half expecting a firing squad to show up

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

If I say something here.. I'll boil over, so I will just say

"I wholeheartedly disagree" and leave it at that.

over a year ago

And before fabs version of lockdown police start waving pitch forks in my direction, i've not left my house since DECEMBER because i had a home birth & was cushty for weeks in my wee post natal bubble - then i saw the news of this virus & decided weeks before Boris had to enforce it to just continue staying home. Baby has only been in the back garden ^ he's 5 minths old - but i dont grudge or judge others.....not my circus not my monkeys

By *ature watcherMan
over a year ago

lichfield

I can't understand the confusion ! So many things wrong with this ! Leaving home under lockdown. Non essentially travelling the length of the country to a second home. His wife and maybe both of them had symptoms and should have isolated at home for 7-14 days ! Had nothing to do with childcare, he says him and his wife looked after his child in Durham so they could have and should done the same in London. He made other journeys from his second base in Durham. And just to top it all off, he has admitted to driving to 'test if his eyesight' before returning home to London. I would be interested in the police's thoughts on this ? I'm sure the law would expect anyone with concerns about their eyesight to NEVER get behind the wheel of a car ! This whole issue is a complete, shambolic farce and an insult to every single person that has upheld the government guidance rules ! Thousands of honest, worried people have sacrificed seeing their family and loved ones, they have lost loved ones and not even been able to say goodbye or attend their funerals. Hundreds of thousands have already lost their jobs and many thousands more will lose their jobs before we are through this pandemic. These thousands of people have lost their jobs for doing the right thing, the absolute minimum price that this lying, arrogant, piece of human scum should pay is to lose his job ! And he should hopefully be facing a criminal charges too.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Considering the absolute fucking shitshow him and bumbling Boris has made of their covid response and Boris's mixed messages from the start I think it's only fitting that his chief adviser should continue the shitshow of confused mixed messages by absolutely ridiculing and making a mockery of what were already mixed messages and rules

A shitshow from start to finish

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Plus last night's statement was an absolute heap of brazen liesbut you guys are well used to being lied to,thanks Boris,so it's all good

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

He rushes to look after his son for a couple of hours as his wife feels very ill with Covid19 symptoms. A couple of hours later she feels better so he goes back to work in Downing Street. Surely he should have self isolated from this point. He had already gone in to work that morning after being told the previous evening that Boris had tested positive.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan
over a year ago

Torquay

If you take a test drive to check your eyesight is ok (who would do that anyway?) Then why would you take your wife and child along, just so you can share the risk? And happy coincidence that it was his wife's birthday.

Anyone can think what they want about it but it's a bad example to others at the very least

By *ature watcherMan
over a year ago

lichfield

"He rushes to look after his son for a couple of hours as his wife feels very ill with Covid19 symptoms. A couple of hours later she feels better so he goes back to work in Downing Street. Surely he should have self isolated from this point. He had already gone in to work that morning after being told the previous evening that Boris had tested positive. "

If you show any symptoms of covid-19, you should 'stay at home and isolate for 7 days', if anyone in your household show symptoms you should 'stay at home and isolate for 14 days'

It's really not rocket science is it ?

He obvioudly thinks he knows better and deserves better than the rest of the population. Arrogant arsehole !

By *ature watcherMan
over a year ago

lichfield

"If you take a test drive to check your eyesight is ok (who would do that anyway?) Then why would you take your wife and child along, just so you can share the risk? And happy coincidence that it was his wife's birthday.

Anyone can think what they want about it but it's a bad example to others at the very least"

Totally agree, his whole defence is based around 'not causing any risk to others' ? No risk of his child catching covid being cooped up in a car with two possible infected persons, for the entirety of the 260 mile journey, obviously they wouldn't have stopped en route (for safety reasons !) haha. And no risk to his family and other road users whilst driving with possibly impaired vision ! Safe as houses !!! What a joke !

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Cumming reasoning is sound

"Well they voted Boris the liar in so I can lie to them as blatantly as I like and they will suck it up"

He's a clever guy and all this will pass

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I think I may be a bit short sighted in my right eye so am driving up to Scotland later to make sure

over a year ago

This is a copy/paste from a reply i made in the Politics forum a few hours ago:

"The drive out eye test story is where all this shit falls off the bog seat. It's probably the explanation for why the statement started so late.

He said that he and his wife got out of the car and sat by the river for 15mins or so. Not one journalist asked him why he had left his 4 year old Autistic son sitting in the car on his own for 15mins.

No, this is concocted crap made up at the last minute and because it was, small details were not thought about.

Don't forget, number 10 and Cummings denied at first that this "outing" ever happened. They had to come up with a story only after the press proved that it did happen."

I genuinely hope that Durham Police investigate all aspects of this concocted shite as part of their inquiries.

By *Wman15Man
over a year ago

Manchester

I couldn't care less about this

One individual and whether what he did is right or wrong the level of media coverage and handwringing has been ridiculous

Still...if people have nothing else to stress about feel free to carry on....

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

And the whole my house became a target, so that added to why I left, what's that got to do with it?! He still goes to work and leaves them there. Just a convenient reason to say why he didn't disclose that he was in Durham.

By *hilMan
over a year ago

HOUGHTON LE SPRING

"And the whole my house became a target, so that added to why I left, what's that got to do with it?! He still goes to work and leaves them there. Just a convenient reason to say why he didn't disclose that he was in Durham. "

If he can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I personally think it's unacceptable for the guy to tell us all Stay at Home, don't visit family and friends etc.. then drive halfway across the country for the sake of convenience. Plus, the fact that his wife was symptomatic would mean she should have been "properly" isolating. Locking an infected person in a car with their kids is possibly the worst thing that they could have done, add to that their drive must have included a couple of stops, and they could have put themselves into the realm of "super-spreader".

The press behaviour, should be dealt with by the police though. Their massing outside of his gate should be deemed an unsafe gathering in breach of the current safeguards.

Cal

Post new Message to Thread