Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Drink from the bottle?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What is your alcoholic drink of choice (when at home or at a friends). Do you drink it from the bottle/can? Or pour it into a glass?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Usually for me it’s an nice glass of very cold rose or Pinot - but recently I made som toffee vodka (3 packs werthers originals dissolved into a litre of vodka - takes about a week to dissolve fully) Tastes gorgeous either as a shot or just in a glass with ice!

It’s going down rather too well - so I’ll be making another bottle for visiting friends after lockdown!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Foster's Bailey's or whisky

All from a glass

over a year ago

Used to be lager (I like Bud from a can) but I'm finding beer far too heavy these days and makes me lethargic.

Currently just drinking vodka with a dash of orange juice.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Home is wine in a wine glass, out is cider in a pint glass with ice

By *nogs and SpanksWoman
over a year ago

Herts/Beds border

Gin and tonic, definitely in a glass.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I like a nice cold Peroni from the bottle if we're having a bbq. A gin and tonic if I'm feeling lady like

over a year ago

"Usually for me it’s an nice glass of very cold rose or Pinot - but recently I made som toffee vodka (3 packs werthers originals dissolved into a litre of vodka - takes about a week to dissolve fully) Tastes gorgeous either as a shot or just in a glass with ice!

It’s going down rather too well - so I’ll be making another bottle for visiting friends after lockdown! "

Probably the most useful forum post I’ve ever read. We frequent an Argentinian steakhouse in Bangkok and we always end the night with a bottle of toffee vodka between friends. I shall be following your recipe tomorrow and make my own ! Do I need to do anything or simply pop them into the bottle with the vodka ?

By *ymph and ManicCouple
over a year ago

North East

Red wine and Coke- cola Same glass.

over a year ago

"Usually for me it’s an nice glass of very cold rose or Pinot - but recently I made som toffee vodka (3 packs werthers originals dissolved into a litre of vodka - takes about a week to dissolve fully) Tastes gorgeous either as a shot or just in a glass with ice!

It’s going down rather too well - so I’ll be making another bottle for visiting friends after lockdown!

Probably the most useful forum post I’ve ever read. We frequent an Argentinian steakhouse in Bangkok and we always end the night with a bottle of toffee vodka between friends. I shall be following your recipe tomorrow and make my own ! Do I need to do anything or simply pop them into the bottle with the vodka ?"

Oooooh I like the sound of this!

By *orillaman32Man
over a year ago

Christchurch

But you never told us if you drink it straight from the bottle

By *orillaman32Man
over a year ago

Christchurch

Kalimotxo (calimocho) yummy.

over a year ago

At home- White wine. From the glass. Well, usually

Out- wine or vodka

By *ordan02081995Man
over a year ago

Crosspool

Mine is usually good quality cider and wine. I always drink from the bottle.

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Probably the most useful forum post I’ve ever read. We frequent an Argentinian steakhouse in Bangkok and we always end the night with a bottle of toffee vodka between friends. I shall be following your recipe tomorrow and make my own ! Do I need to do anything or simply pop them into the bottle with the vodka ?"

Hi lovely

Decant the vodka into a larger container with a sealable lid. Empty the werthers into the container (they’ll obviously sink to the bottom). Shake container daily and they’ll slowly dissolve.

I bought both from Aldi. Cheapest vodka at around £14 per litre and werthers were 99p a pack.

Great to pre-prepare for a party - or just to have in for a cheeky weekend drink.

I’ve been having it in a glass with crushed ice in this weather.

Shake container again every occasion you pour a drink to avoid any separation.

Let me know what you think of it!

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Right now it’s a pint of half topical red bull & half Mount Gay plantation rum , in a plastic pint glass, with loads of ice , down in one, if I had to choose just one, it’s her.

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

I only drink in company, so I haven't touched a drop in ages.

My go to tipple depends very much on the surroundings - a lovely chilled Sauv Blanc, vodka over ice, or a rhubarb gin

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Cider and poured into a glass don't drink from bottles or cans

over a year ago

Probably the most useful forum post I’ve ever read. We frequent an Argentinian steakhouse in Bangkok and we always end the night with a bottle of toffee vodka between friends. I shall be following your recipe tomorrow and make my own ! Do I need to do anything or simply pop them into the bottle with the vodka ?

Hi lovely

Decant the vodka into a larger container with a sealable lid. Empty the werthers into the container (they’ll obviously sink to the bottom). Shake container daily and they’ll slowly dissolve.

I bought both from Aldi. Cheapest vodka at around £14 per litre and werthers were 99p a pack.

Great to pre-prepare for a party - or just to have in for a cheeky weekend drink.

Let me know what you think of it! "

I’m going to try this ! X

over a year ago

Malbec straight from the bottle. Usually in the bath

over a year ago

It depends but I like desperados. I drink it from a glass bottle and pour it out of cans into a glass.

over a year ago

Lager or if a hot day Cider.

Glass or can I'm not mithered

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

Whiskey from the glass

By *arciocialWoman
over a year ago

Leicester

I like the fruity ciders at the minute. Drink from the bottle-save water (no washing up)

over a year ago

I like a pint of strongbow cider in a hot day if I'm out.

Anyone else noticed that the strongbow in cans is now dropped to 4.5% from 5%

I think it's because of unit tax on alcohol in Wales. It will happen in England as well.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Bottles of Heineken. If I go top shelf at home it'll be a white Russian or a bourbon.

over a year ago

Hi lovely

Let me know what you think of it! "

Use Absolut Vanilla vodka. You can thank me later.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I like a pint of strongbow cider in a hot day if I'm out.

I think it's because of unit tax on alcohol in Wales. It will happen in England as well. "

It happened a while ago because the price went up overnight so much, the shops near the border sell at England prices I’m told but you’re right it will come into England soon, if you like strong cider or IPA there are lots of people starting to make it , the price almost doubles on some

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

Hmmm any type of ice cold lager usually.... but am also partial to:

Sierra Nevada IPA: bottle

Sauvignon Blanc: Glass

Fruity Cider: Either

Normal cider: Either

over a year ago

Whiskeymac all day long but not literally all day long

over a year ago

I've been sober for 19 months.. But lidl do a none alcoholic gin which is gorgeous..hubby likes the odd lager.. If its a bottle straight from the bottle, but a can he always pours into a glass.. Weird.... He does like a wee dram of single malt now and again.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Always beer from a bottle. Not very polite to drink wine the same way.

over a year ago

Rum, only time it’s straight out of the bottle is when getting tattooed

over a year ago

A nice glass of red is my fave, although I did have a peach and basil cider last night, straight from the bottle. It was delicious

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Wine - from a glass

Lager/cider - from the bottle, or glass if it's in a can

Gin/vodka - from a glass

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

G&T in a glass

over a year ago

tequila.

shots if im trying to be all posh and that.. but usually from the bottle when im at home

Px

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

My at home drink is either brandy and cola or cider.

The brandy is always in a glass but I have been known to drink the cider from the bottle.

over a year ago

"I like a pint of strongbow cider in a hot day if I'm out.

I think it's because of unit tax on alcohol in Wales. It will happen in England as well.

It happened a while ago because the price went up overnight so much, the shops near the border sell at England prices I’m told but you’re right it will come into England soon, if you like strong cider or IPA there are lots of people starting to make it , the price almost doubles on some "

I could buy a 2 litre bottle of cider in Aldi for around £2 and now it's a fiver minimum.

Stronger ciders are more expensive.

over a year ago

Red wine. Bottle. Straw. The straw isn't compulsory.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

At the moment flavoured gins. And I have a gin glass

By *ilyRoseSmithWoman
over a year ago

somewhere not far from Bedford

It’s going down rather too well - so I’ll be making another bottle for visiting friends after lockdown! "

I've done this with skittles. That goes down rather well too

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

I've done this with skittles. That goes down rather well too "

Yeah one of my friends mentioned she’d be making some with skittles - and another with chocolate limes. Should be a fun weekend - if we remember any of it!

By *ilyRoseSmithWoman
over a year ago

somewhere not far from Bedford

Moretti or Corona - out of the bottle

Brothers cider - out of the bottle

Thatcher's Haze - out of the can, maybe glass

Tia Maria / Disaronno - on the rocks

Prosecco - glass

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Lambrini.

Ice cold.

You can drink 5 gallons of it before you even start to feel squiffy

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"Lambrini.

Ice cold.

You can drink 5 gallons of it before you even start to feel squiffy "

In a glass. But only because the big bottle requires both hands to hold it.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/05/20 18:52:17]

over a year ago

"Red wine. Bottle. Straw. The straw isn't compulsory. "

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

At the moment I'm into rum and pineapple which I drink from a glass, cider I'll drink from a can cos I'm a classy bird!

By *abriellajackCouple
over a year ago

Newport

Red wine with a meal - 19 crimes 'the banished' at the minute.

A nice IPA from the bottle.

Brockmans gin with tonic and slice of pink grapefruit and handful of blueberries

Hine cognac with lots of ice.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 25/05/20 19:27:05]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I only drink if out or have company at home. Been quite a while since my last drink but it’s normally vodka and coca-Cola or in the warmer months I like an aperol spritz or a berry vodka with lemonade

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Now that is something I need to try

over a year ago

Scotch or can of beer....or gin ..vodka...on the upside the spirits I now drink from a glass

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I've gone through a fair bit of white wine and tequila in the last 9 weeks.

Think I might have an Ameretto and Baileys tonight over ice when I finish work...is like a delicious alcoholic milkshake.

Roll on 10pm!

over a year ago

"What is your alcoholic drink of choice (when at home or at a friends). Do you drink it from the bottle/can? Or pour it into a glass?"

Pint can of Stella.. Straight from the can

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Red wine with a meal - 19 crimes 'the banished' at the minute.

A nice IPA from the bottle.

Brockmans gin with tonic and slice of pink grapefruit and handful of blueberries

Hine cognac with lots of ice. "

Cognac with ice?

That's sacrilege

over a year ago

Yeah one of my friends mentioned she’d be making some with skittles - and another with chocolate limes. Should be a fun weekend - if we remember any of it! "

I've put a bag of rhubarb and custard flavoured boiled sweets in a bottle of vodka.

And Mars bars chopped up an dissolved in vodka is nice, too. I use four standard sized bars.

over a year ago

Gin with lime cordial, vodka orange and cranberry, or lager.

over a year ago

Red wine from the glass warmed in the sun.

Or gin and tonic which can only be served in a big dome glass

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Yeah one of my friends mentioned she’d be making some with skittles - and another with chocolate limes. Should be a fun weekend - if we remember any of it!

I've put a bag of rhubarb and custard flavoured boiled sweets in a bottle of vodka.

And Mars bars chopped up an dissolved in vodka is nice, too. I use four standard sized bars."

Both sound interesting!

over a year ago

Drink real ale or decent ciders fav shirt had to be a single Malt Whisky all drank from glass not the bottle.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I must remember to try this.

over a year ago

I like making cocktails, sometimes I'll follow the recipe, sometimes I'll just make up my own. It's always a sweet and fruity one though, hate those coffee or milky ones. It's always in a glass and it has to be the right glass too.

By *ysterybrunetteWoman
over a year ago

newport

Ameretto and Coke

over a year ago

I'll pretty much drink what Im given unless its beer

By *edHeadedFunWoman
over a year ago

Didsbury

Usually prosecco when with friends and for when having a relaxing bath, have been known to drink it straight from the bottle. I enjoy a nice craft Gin when at home.

Post new Message to Thread