Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

at the risk

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

of high treason and being executed at the tower of London... is anyone else really fed up with all this jubilee crap???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Oh God yes!

over a year ago

thank goodness.. thought it was just me!! companies are re branding their goods to be all queeny

kings mill bread should be left as it is dagnamit

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Couldn't give a stuff one way or the other.....but do have to wonder what the shops are going to do with all this Union Jack stock they are going to be left lumbered with after the event...

over a year ago

I'm sure the newly wed royals will start popping out sprogs soon!! lol

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The Aztecs were wrong. The world won't end through apocalypse, its going to end with me bored to death of Jubilympics!! Aaaargh!!

over a year ago

jubilympics...... NOOOOOO

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"of high treason and being executed at the tower of London... is anyone else really fed up with all this jubilee crap??? "

Jubilee AND Olympics...sick to the back teeth of both!

over a year ago

I won't mind it when it gets actually bloody gets here, bit tooo much pre-hype for me...but anything that gives 4 days off in a row, (which I've not had since christmas) and a party and boozeathon to boot is to be revered....

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"of high treason and being executed at the tower of London... is anyone else really fed up with all this jubilee crap??? "
No I'm not...its lovely seeing all the red white n blue and union flag bunting everywhere...diamond jubilee is special...so no not tired of it at all

By *ex.IncCouple
over a year ago

Castleford

"Couldn't give a stuff one way or the other.....but do have to wonder what the shops are going to do with all this Union Jack stock they are going to be left lumbered with after the event..."

The olympics!

over a year ago

She had her silver jubilee when I got married so again this is going to be celebrated by me ... I got out ... she didn't.

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

I'm not fed up of it at all its a good excuse to throw a party meet new neighbours and have some good food and drinkies

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"She had her silver jubilee when I got married so again this is going to be celebrated by me ... I got out ... she didn't. "

Silver Jubilee was the year we got married too - and we've lasted

over a year ago

I've not seen much about it really, never have the telly on and not been going out much, have seen little flags out and about but they look quite pretty so I don't mind them.

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

"of high treason and being executed at the tower of London... is anyone else really fed up with all this jubilee crap??? No I'm not...its lovely seeing all the red white n blue and union flag bunting everywhere...diamond jubilee is special...so no not tired of it at all "

Or the Olympics! Swinging is a sport of such. X

over a year ago

"She had her silver jubilee when I got married so again this is going to be celebrated by me ... I got out ... she didn't.

Silver Jubilee was the year we got married too - and we've lasted "

Gold medals to the both of you.

over a year ago

I could not care less about the Olympics or this bank holiday. Maybe its partly because its assumed and expected that I should as though we have been brain drained. I not normally such a 'bar humbug' victor Meldrew but. The over kill has done just that for me ,killed any enthusiasm

over a year ago

Nope I'm really into it, I'm baking jubilee muffins for all the clients in the salon this week, they are raspberry, blueberry and white chocolate bloody lush, got union flag napkins to boot, bit of a royalist here anyhoo but love stuff that brings people together

Even managed to convert my friend that owns the salon I work in, she was a, omg what's the word for those that don't like having a royal family? Arrgghhh I hate it when a word evades me, anyhoo whatever they are called she was one of those but she got right into it all last year with the royal wedding which I got her to show in the salon as we were working and then she asked me if I thought we should do some jubilee stuff in the salon, never thought she would get into it but she has bought bunting and everything

over a year ago

its nice to see all the red white and blue everywhere makes a change to see them, we normally have all the other nations flyig the flag for there countries so time we did the same

over a year ago

"of high treason and being executed at the tower of London... is anyone else really fed up with all this jubilee crap???

Jubilee AND Olympics...sick to the back teeth of both! "

Only plus side is that Euro 2012 isn't getting rammed down our throats 24/7

By *inkyfun2013Couple
over a year ago

lewisham

Not bothered by Jubilee, not really taking any notice. Although I did get my staff to decorate my flower shop and now it looks like an explosion in a pound shop!!!

Dreading the Olympics so getting the hell out of Dodge and going on a USA road trip for the duration.

Hoping to meet some friendly pervs across the pond too

over a year ago

"Couldn't give a stuff one way or the other.....but do have to wonder what the shops are going to do with all this Union Jack stock they are going to be left lumbered with after the event...

The olympics!"

And knock it out on the cheap to stall- holders outside Wimbledon...

over a year ago

"She had her silver jubilee when I got married so again this is going to be celebrated by me ... I got out ... she didn't.

Silver Jubilee was the year we got married too - and we've lasted "

During the Silver Jubilee celebrations on the estate I grew up on they had some kind of baby event with the three youngest babies on the estate made a fuss of apparently. I was the third youngest....

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

At least I am getting a days holiday out of it.

Will have to get pissed and stay clea of the telly though

over a year ago

Am i the odd one out?

As i actually like it all! I was a tiny little girl when it was the silver jubilee, remember the street parties and everyone having a lovely time!

So no i am looking forward to it and enjoying all the red white and blue everywhere!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"its nice to see all the red white and blue everywhere makes a change to see them, we normally have all the other nations flyig the flag for there countries so time we did the same"

Got to say I haven't noticed many flags of other countries flying round here.

By the way, if you ever want to see masses of Union flags flying, go to Canada. They love us there.

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

"Am i the odd one out?

As i actually like it all! "

over a year ago

Love it , proud to be British and truly think the Queen is a remarkable person

over a year ago

Iv been working on the olympics on and off for the past year believe me im sick to death of it the carry on we have on there is just crazy im surprised they,v got it ready on time...its just 1 big money pit ..and the state the country,s in its a joke ... rant over.....

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

"Love it , proud to be British and truly think the Queen is a remarkable person "

Same here, Got a huge union jack hanging down from the top window, mind you it's got MUFC on it.

over a year ago

Must say I'm dreading them bith. My job involves driving in an out of London everyday so it's going to be a bloody nightmare! Bridge closures, road closures I have no idea how I'm going to get in or out. May suggest my passengers all catch the train in for the next couple of months and I'll have paid holidays! Sounds good to me.

over a year ago

hell yes, i'm not a big fan of the monarchy

over a year ago

Jubilee: Not a fan as I'm not a fan of the monarchy. I'm not happy celebrating someone born into privilege.

Olympics: Fan as they're my employers this summer!

over a year ago

Like it or not, it's part of our history and culture. It is all presented in a rather synthetic fashion though.

Offical website is quite interesting.

Rather have the Queen than some jumped-up President.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Don't mind Liz, she's done what has been expected of her. All this flag waving street party inducing needless money spending crap is not for me though.

Plan B for President

Post new Message to Thread