Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

menopause physical symptoms help req.

Jump to newest

By *un-male-shygurl OP   Couple
over a year ago

doncaster

i tried a post a few weeks ago but the title didnt attract the women to respond that i want to give me advice.

so here goes.

have any menopausal women got a dilated urethra opening that now admits bacteria at the drop of a hat or indeed any activity within 2 yards?

my wife has and we need a solution. how have you got over this? has anyone resorted to surgery?

add in the fact my wife also has vaginal atrophy and needs lubes but we havent found one that doesnt give her pain and irraitation or even infections of the urethra.

its deffo not cystitis cos she had tests and has seen a urologist

who just said its dilated and a common problem with menopausal women.

and that was it no solution, goodbye.....

on the other thread someone suggested femidoms, has anyone actually with this problem used these to good effect?

add in the fact her anatomy has changed with age so that her wee hole is so close to her vagina and she is so small and tight that the wee hole actually gets dragged inside her vagina during any attempt at penetration.

she went on hrt for two years and she is positive that it was that that gave her breast cancer. she had a mastectomy and is on meds to kill her oestrogen so not only is the menopause robbing her of hormones but so is the medication.

so sadly no hormone cream or therapy to help with the atrophy (dryness)

she admits she avoids "front bum" sex because she knows she will have a pain in her wee hole shortly afterwards.

so i'd love to hear from anyone else in this situation

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

OMG, your wife has really had a tough time.

I am peri menopausal and I haven't even heard of the symptoms that you mention from the urethra.

I really hope someone comes along here that has some advice.

Wish I could help.

All the best in working it all out x

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

You had advise on your previous thread. So are you still not supporting your wife and planning to ditch her if there is no solution?

#green arrow.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ive not heard of any of the symptoms. im so sorry and wish I could help. I just get bad painful cramps at the moment every month thst ate getting worse, not sure if this is even the start of the menopause. Sending hugs and hope someone can help on here x

By *urflrCouple
over a year ago

wirral

Just seen your other post and the thread. I can’t really help I’m sorry but hope somebody can.

Only thought that sprang to my mind, was perhaps asking GP for a maintenance dose of Trimethoprim to ward off UTI’s. What does your wife want? The whole situation must be so hard for her, and you too obviously as her husband. Hope you can find a way forward x

over a year ago

I had a year of constant urine infections. I found taking triple concentrate cranberry tablets really helped and also D mannose if I think an infection is on it's way.

I have used Yes OB for a good lube all natural stuff but also something called vibrating lube is brilliant.

If your wife wants a chat happy to chat menopause is a bitch!! Polly xxxx

over a year ago

Oh yes thought of something else it's really important to have a wee after sex, fruit and barley squash is really good for urine infections so before sex I drink a pint of squash and wee straight after that also helps prevent them. Slightly difficult if your playing haha but try and drink as much fluid as possible to flush it out

over a year ago

Does your wife actually want sex again or yet ? She sounds like she has been through the mill, maybe this is all just extra stress thats not needed at this time. Yes I did read the other thread too.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Afraid I'm too young for the menopause stuff but I can advise on the lube issue. You can buy sachets of sterile lubricant. It's used for medical purposes usually but its the same stuff. Both the fact it has been sterilised and being in individual sachets rather than a bottle prevents possible contamination and should prevent the infection issue .

over a year ago

"I had a year of constant urine infections. I found taking triple concentrate cranberry tablets really helped and also D mannose if I think an infection is on it's way.

I have used Yes OB for a good lube all natural stuff but also something called vibrating lube is brilliant.

If your wife wants a chat happy to chat menopause is a bitch!! Polly xxxx"

I have a similar problem and use the same tablets and lube plus my GP prescribed a HRT pessary. I am also on a daily maintanence dose of antibiotics precribed by my GP with advice from a Urologist.

It's not completely working but it is better than it was.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Find a professional who is sympathetic to the problems your wife has. If I remember correctly she's a nurse, is there anyone she can ask for a recommendation? Her problem sounds really specific to her condition especially the bit about her urethra getting dragged into her vagina.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"Just seen your other post and the thread. I can’t really help I’m sorry but hope somebody can.

Only thought that sprang to my mind, was perhaps asking GP for a maintenance dose of Trimethoprim to ward off UTI’s. What does your wife want? The whole situation must be so hard for her, and you too obviously as her husband. Hope you can find a way forward x"

By *un-male-shygurl OP   Couple
over a year ago

doncaster

well thanks for the helpful replies

weve actually found a simple piece of clingfilm tucked into her vagina a tiny bit and covering her bits and up onto her mound keeps lube out of her urethra. then we use epaderm as lube which is pretty neutral and so far fingers crossed we've been able to mess around but she still felt uncomfortable after one session.

weve tried the cranberry juice and tablets, she knows to wee after sex and tries to. we'll follow up a maintenance dose of trimethoprim.

(and for those who seemingly just want to have a dig at me for my lack of "support" of course i will ditch her if we cant fix this. although i might consider murdering her first.)

over a year ago

"well thanks for the helpful replies

weve actually found a simple piece of clingfilm tucked into her vagina a tiny bit and covering her bits and up onto her mound keeps lube out of her urethra. then we use epaderm as lube which is pretty neutral and so far fingers crossed we've been able to mess around but she still felt uncomfortable after one session.

weve tried the cranberry juice and tablets, she knows to wee after sex and tries to. we'll follow up a maintenance dose of trimethoprim.

(and for those who seemingly just want to have a dig at me for my lack of "support" of course i will ditch her if we cant fix this. although i might consider murdering her first.)

"

I'm glad you have found a solution for the problem. Probably a good idea to seek help via her GP once lockdown is over x

Post new Message to Thread