Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sunlovers

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wanted to put this out there after a bout of heat stroke. I work everyday long hours in the sun wrapped in safety clothing so its not a particularly enjoyable experience. The heat stroke was not a suprise but what was was the reddness of my back as I d been covered all day. Did some research..everyday t shirts etc will not protect your skin from the sun! Most everyday casual clothing may cover you but as good as you think it is, its not...uv can still burn you. The rule of thumb is hold your clothing up to the light..if you can see light through it then its covering effect will be squat! A general article of day to day wear will have the factor protection of five or less...so be aware. In my case I was working in a sun trapped area of intense sunlight for many continuous days over long hours but its still worthy info to know.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

I'm with you there, been painting a few days this week and I've got sunstroke from it , I stupidly took my cap off as I was getting too hot, and did I suffer on the night , not a pleasurable experience at all !!!

over a year ago

"I'm with you there, been painting a few days this week and I've got sunstroke from it , I stupidly took my cap off as I was getting too hot, and did I suffer on the night , not a pleasurable experience at all !!! "

It bloody sucks..I stayed fully covered but it was that in itself that got me as well as the uv through my t shirt..bugger..still feeling eugh after 2 days off, staying indoors and only because of the sun not the other

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Oh hope you feel better soon, sucks not being able to go out because of the sun. Found wide brimmed hats really useful

over a year ago

"Oh hope you feel better soon, sucks not being able to go out because of the sun. Found wide brimmed hats really useful "

Yeah am almost erm normal again lol..I wear my indiana jones hat..lol..worked for him

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

There are some great "technical" tops with built in uv protection now.

I learned as a kid snorkelling on a foreign holiday that a t-shirt and water are a bad combination ! Lost a week of the holiday from being stuck in bed with burned skin after

If you prefer your normal cloths you can get a sunguard type product off amazon that is supposed to add a SPF of @30 to your cloths when you wash them, think it stays in the cloths for 20-30 wash cycles

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm very fair skinned. Twice in the past week or so I've caught the sun as I hadn't used sunblock. It wasn't particularly sunny on one of the days but I still caught it. I have an elephant tattooed on my back which is currently very pink! It's good to know about the clothing I always thought any clothing that covers the skin is fine.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Oh hope you feel better soon, sucks not being able to go out because of the sun. Found wide brimmed hats really useful

Yeah am almost erm normal again lol..I wear my indiana jones hat..lol..worked for him "

Indiana Jones is cool as, wanted to be an archaeologist as a kid because of the film's

over a year ago

"Oh hope you feel better soon, sucks not being able to go out because of the sun. Found wide brimmed hats really useful

Yeah am almost erm normal again lol..I wear my indiana jones hat..lol..worked for him

Indiana Jones is cool as, wanted to be an archaeologist as a kid because of the film's "

Same here never expecting the dream to come true..it did..I headed up a dig that turned a section of industrial archeology on its head..ended up lecturing to a European conference!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Indiana Jones is cool as, wanted to be an archaeologist as a kid because of the film's

Same here never expecting the dream to come true..it did..I headed up a dig that turned a section of industrial archeology on its head..ended up lecturing to a European conference! "

No way!!! That's amazing very jealous

over a year ago

Same here never expecting the dream to come true..it did..I headed up a dig that turned a section of industrial archeology on its head..ended up lecturing to a European conference!

No way!!! That's amazing very jealous "

Post new Message to Thread