Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A sparrow and a feather

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Morning folks and for me its nice to wake to a cool overcast morning. Just sat outside watching and listening to the birds, my source of writing, how the different birds fly or sing or land or even fall out with one another..also helps me with my dance. This morning I watched a sparrow suddenly take to the air, straight up it flitted, singing..a jerky flight but then I saw why. A delicate white feather was floating down, cast off by another..the sparrow obviously saw it as potential lining for its nest..how it buzzed this feather in its attempt to catch it..the feather moving this way and that on the breeze..the persistance of the sparrow paid off and eventually it caught it in its beak, landed then spat it out..obviously not the right stuff. The right stuff is important to us all and for me its these little details of nature that make me smile every day. Heres hoping each day you find your " right stuff" to make you smile

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Morning folks and for me its nice to wake to a cool overcast morning. Just sat outside watching and listening to the birds, my source of writing, how the different birds fly or sing or land or even fall out with one another..also helps me with my dance. This morning I watched a sparrow suddenly take to the air, straight up it flitted, singing..a jerky flight but then I saw why. A delicate white feather was floating down, cast off by another..the sparrow obviously saw it as potential lining for its nest..how it buzzed this feather in its attempt to catch it..the feather moving this way and that on the breeze..the persistance of the sparrow paid off and eventually it caught it in its beak, landed then spat it out..obviously not the right stuff. The right stuff is important to us all and for me its these little details of nature that make me smile every day. Heres hoping each day you find your " right stuff" to make you smile "

That’s lovely and yes, I’m trying

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Awww that was beautiful, I love birds. House sparrows are in decline so its always special seeing them. Id loved to have seen it. They do use other feathers to line their nest but this time he probably thought it was food lol

Thanks for sharing OP X

over a year ago

"Morning folks and for me its nice to wake to a cool overcast morning. Just sat outside watching and listening to the birds, my source of writing, how the different birds fly or sing or land or even fall out with one another..also helps me with my dance. This morning I watched a sparrow suddenly take to the air, straight up it flitted, singing..a jerky flight but then I saw why. A delicate white feather was floating down, cast off by another..the sparrow obviously saw it as potential lining for its nest..how it buzzed this feather in its attempt to catch it..the feather moving this way and that on the breeze..the persistance of the sparrow paid off and eventually it caught it in its beak, landed then spat it out..obviously not the right stuff. The right stuff is important to us all and for me its these little details of nature that make me smile every day. Heres hoping each day you find your " right stuff" to make you smile

That’s lovely and yes, I’m trying "

Sooo glad to hear it..if we smile but once in the day then that day was a good day

over a year ago

"Awww that was beautiful, I love birds. House sparrows are in decline so its always special seeing them. Id loved to have seen it. They do use other feathers to line their nest but this time he probably thought it was food lol

Thanks for sharing OP X"

They re in decline partly because our gardens are too tidy which is affecting the insect numbers. I love watching nature at work but sometimes its the touch of the finer details, or the differing finer perfumes upon the air or just how an ant goes about his or her business or how one reacts to another...tis a glorious world...my right stuff is also found in making others smile through something I have written or said..your smile gives me smiles

Post new Message to Thread