Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When to own up

Jump to newest

By *incsguy247888 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

Hi folks

Ok this isn't my first fab rodeo, been here on and off for a year or 2. In the last year I've been diagnosed with psoriasis, for those not in the know it's an auto immune disease that causes scaly skin. In my case fortunately it's pretty mild elbows and legs. Now I believe that being up front is generally best, but previous experiences make me question that. Can't help but think that Google hasn't been my friend in some cases. So do I own up while messaging, before I whip my pants off or just hope for the best?

Mike

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iz78Woman
over a year ago

wirral

Just pop it in your profile then if people have a problem with it they wont message you.

My sister had it over 98% of her body.

We all have imperfections we are hung up about whether they be scars, cellulite or stretch marks.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A lot of people don't know what it is, I get it in places and I tell people it's like eczemas cousin. They normally go "ohhhh" and that's that

P

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If it wss something that might reasonably impair your sexual capabilities, then full specific details on how it could affect everyone could be realistic and respectful for everyone. As it stands, most people have surface blemishes, scars or conditions that aren't anything but superficial and cosmetic in how others may be concerned. Most people don't share these details in advance, as they're generally natural to have and expect and most people know and accept this.

If you have had experience of others where things are less than comfortable for any party, a small insignificant note informing others is likely more than adequate. It's important that you are comfortable op. I'd suggest 1 or possibly 2 sentences that cover the level of insignificance with details. People will discuss it if it's something they want to, in advance of meeting.

There are lots of posts on this, eczema, scars and more in the forum, from those of us who share such qualities.

By *incsguy247888 OP   Man
over a year ago

Spalding

That's horrendous for your sister, hope she's found something that works for her, be it light therapy, Methotrexate or any of the other immune suppressant treatments (not ideal at this time, I know).

Post new Message to Thread