Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Does anyone own a bed and breakfast

Jump to newest

By *ealfun OP   Couple
over a year ago

darleston

We are thinking of converting our home to a B and B so is there anyone on here who we can chat to or meet for advice etc

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

you missed a good programme on tele last night were a couple converted their home into a B&B looked like had work tho and costly!

By *andWnwcplCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

We have a friend who helps her Mum & Dad run their B&B and from what we are told it seems to be an endless cicle of cleaning, washing sheets and towels and cooking.

sounds fair to much like hard graft to me

over a year ago

dont do it you never stop cleaning or wwashing then theres the cooking oh then you have to start the cleaning again thank god for retirement lol

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i own a bed and can cook breakfast does that help?

By *ealfun OP   Couple
over a year ago

darleston

Thanks for the advice billand but we are determined to have a go.

over a year ago

well good for you. go for it. lifes an adventure and at least you can say you have tried.

best of luck

over a year ago

best of luck if you need any advice just email us on here will help as much as we can it can be great fun

over a year ago

"i own a bed and can cook breakfast does that help? "

That may just be the perfect profile!!!!!

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"Thanks for the advice billand but we are determined to have a go."

health and safty is a mine field of dooe's and don'ts i'd research what's required to make the place you have exceptable for the type of buiness you are thinking of transforming it into' then theres the change of taxation class, from private dwelling into a place of buisness,the very expensive convertion of a domestic kitchen into a comercial one to meet hygine regulation's, the course's you'll need to take to prove you are aware of food hygine. the public liabilty insurance you'll need to have in place, just in case the unexpected should unfortunately happen, the cost of installing a full fire alarm system, plus theres the fact that you'll no longer be able to smoke in your own home( if you smoke) and you will never have the house to yourself anymore too,the pitfalls are many the cost can be great, thats why so many B&B through out the country have or are closing down. all that said i wish you well in your venture and hope it's a great sucsess.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

But don't let what _ouvak has just said put you off

Its a brave thing you're doing and I wish you all the best with it xxx

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"But don't let what _ouvak has just said put you off

Its a brave thing you're doing and I wish you all the best with it xxx"

hey i wasn't trying to put them off, who am i to try and tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do ?.

they asked for advice all i did was to point out some of the things that need to be concidered before you set out on a venture that is such a big life style change, and everything else that comes with the becoming a buisness person so to say.

i truely do wish them well in what they want to do, and i do so hope that it's a roaring sucsess for them.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

a new slant on this thread - I need accommodation in Portsmouth for a few weeks, can anyone help please?

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"a new slant on this thread - I need accommodation in Portsmouth for a few weeks, can anyone help please? "

have you tried the YWCA lol i hear they still run hostil's through out the country,,,,,,,

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"a new slant on this thread - I need accommodation in Portsmouth for a few weeks, can anyone help please?

have you tried the YWCA lol i hear they still run hostil's through out the country,,,,,,, "

Think I'm a little out of their age range and in my case it would be the YMCA although I'm sure I could have more fun in the YWCA pmsl

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"a new slant on this thread - I need accommodation in Portsmouth for a few weeks, can anyone help please?

have you tried the YWCA lol i hear they still run hostil's through out the country,,,,,,,

Think I'm a little out of their age range and in my case it would be the YMCA although I'm sure I could have more fun in the YWCA pmsl"

ops foot in mouth syndrom lol i thought it was the female half of the partnership lol, well as portsmouth is a naval base i'm sure there will be no shortage's of lodgings available down there lol ( specially if your a pretty boy lol )( only kidding before you take offence lol )

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Think I'm a little out of their age range and in my case it would be the YMCA although I'm sure I could have more fun in the YWCA pmsl

ops foot in mouth syndrom lol i thought it was the female half of the partnership lol, well as portsmouth is a naval base i'm sure there will be no shortage's of lodgings available down there lol ( specially if your a pretty boy lol )( only kidding before you take offence lol ) "

No offence taken lol

I will actually be working in the Dockyard but it would appear there is only accommodation available on site for service personnel

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

ops foot in mouth syndrom lol i thought it was the female half of the partnership lol, well as portsmouth is a naval base i'm sure there will be no shortage's of lodgings available down there lol ( specially if your a pretty boy lol )( only kidding before you take offence lol )

No offence taken lol

I will actually be working in the Dockyard but it would appear there is only accommodation available on site for service personnel "

try a google search for B&B in the area i'm sure there will be a few who are on the internet as it's a great cheap way of advertising your buiness these days lol

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

No offence taken lol

I will actually be working in the Dockyard but it would appear there is only accommodation available on site for service personnel

try a google search for B&B in the area i'm sure there will be a few who are on the internet as it's a great cheap way of advertising your buiness these days lol "

I've done that and yes there are but if I can get someone to put me up for free it would be much better lol

Post new Message to Thread