Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your earliest memory ...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How far down the memory lane can you go?

Please share with us your oldest memory.

Mine is sitting on my mom's lap and hearing the announcement at a train station. Oh and chewing on the corner of her purse. I might have been 2 or 32 not sure.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *awk90Man
over a year ago

Amsterdam

My earliest vivid memory is seeing an earwig in the shower while on holiday in Denmark, when I was five!

over a year ago

"My earliest vivid memory is seeing an earwig in the shower while on holiday in Denmark, when I was five!"

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I have very hazy memories of my sister being born (well brought home from hospital actually). I was eighteen months old.

over a year ago

"I have very hazy memories of my sister being born (well brought home from hospital actually). I was eighteen months old. "

That's lovely. Thanks for sharing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I remember my mum kicking my dad out, and I was on the bottom step crying my eyes out.. must have been 2

over a year ago

I remember man landing on the moon, which is weird cause I wasn’t born then.

over a year ago

"I remember my mum kicking my dad out, and I was on the bottom step crying my eyes out.. must have been 2"

Oh, I am sorry that's not a nice memory to bring back on.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I remember laying on my stomach at my grandparents house and seeing an enormous animal walk past me. I know I couldn't walk yet and realise now that the animal was a cat. Apparently I learned to walk when I was 11months old so it was prior to that. I also have memories of sitting in the pram with my brother and he wasn't born until I was 2

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

First day of nursery

By *olarbear73Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

My oldest memory is sitting in my living room watching Elvis’ funeral.

over a year ago

I was a man stuck inside a women's body till my mom gave birth!

over a year ago

2 yrs old as something bad happened and ive memories leading right up to it xx

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"I was a man stuck inside a women's body till my mom gave birth!"

I’m sure your mama is very proud of you

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

My 5th birthday party

over a year ago

"I was a man stuck inside a women's body till my mom gave birth!

I’m sure your mama is very proud of you "

I was a C-Section baby. We men came out of a vagina and trying to back in there ever since we realised we came out of there!

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Being in a pushchair with my Gran and being scared by a noise, apparently it was the sound of cars on a nearby road. I was around two at the time.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

There’s two that happened around the same time, I was about 3

One is hearing screams from next door and then my dad bolting over the fence to help and next time I see him he’s holding a beheaded snake up

The second was playing with the kids next door, we thought it was a great idea to stand on a homemade cart, to climb onto a metal bar, to climb onto a wall and then jump off.

We’d been doing this for hours and then all of a sudden the cart slips, I go flying and crack my head against the wall. I remember sitting on the bus with my mam trying to stop the bleeding as we went to hospital. I don’t remember the stitches going in, but I do remember them coming out.

We were doing it again a week later, without the head bashing

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I was 2 so that’s 58 yrs ago and my Mum had brought my new baby sister home ... Wasn’t happy then ... still not happy with her ha ha

By *rsPricklePantsWoman
over a year ago

Room 237 at The Overlook Hotel, Suffolk

My earliest memory is falling down the stairs at the age of 3

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

I remember my mom hitting my dad on the forehead with a stilleto heel.

Was left with nightmares (even now) a fear of men with big hands, I guess from being hit, and a funny one of terrified of groober fish, they are huge.

Anyway I was under 3

over a year ago

"My earliest vivid memory is seeing an earwig in the shower while on holiday in Denmark, when I was five!"

How traumatic. You must be horrifically scarred now.

By *ilbearniMan
over a year ago

peninsula

In the back seat of my dads car moving to a new house, was 2 years old, can remember it like yesterday. Even down to the smell of the red leather seats, and the Players navy cut cigarette packet on the seat.

over a year ago

"I remember laying on my stomach at my grandparents house and seeing an enormous animal walk past me. I know I couldn't walk yet and realise now that the animal was a cat. Apparently I learned to walk when I was 11months old so it was prior to that. I also have memories of sitting in the pram with my brother and he wasn't born until I was 2"

Enormous cat

over a year ago

"My 5th birthday party "

That's interesting. So you have no recollection of anything beforehand?

Our brains are strangely wired arent they?

over a year ago

"Being in a pushchair with my Gran and being scared by a noise, apparently it was the sound of cars on a nearby road. I was around two at the time."

Well remembered

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

Around 18 months old, when I broke my mums nose by accident by whacking her with a fairytales book

over a year ago

"There’s two that happened around the same time, I was about 3

One is hearing screams from next door and then my dad bolting over the fence to help and next time I see him he’s holding a beheaded snake up

The second was playing with the kids next door, we thought it was a great idea to stand on a homemade cart, to climb onto a metal bar, to climb onto a wall and then jump off.

We’d been doing this for hours and then all of a sudden the cart slips, I go flying and crack my head against the wall. I remember sitting on the bus with my mam trying to stop the bleeding as we went to hospital. I don’t remember the stitches going in, but I do remember them coming out.

We were doing it again a week later, without the head bashing "

Some great memories. What a brave dad. Sounds like you had some great fun growing up.

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"My 5th birthday party

That's interesting. So you have no recollection of anything beforehand?

Our brains are strangely wired arent they?"

No weird isn’t it. They really are

over a year ago

"I was 2 so that’s 58 yrs ago and my Mum had brought my new baby sister home ... Wasn’t happy then ... still not happy with her ha ha "

Somethings never change.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Was was under the age of 2 (asked my parents as a teenager if this memory was accurate) at my great uncles house and I crept upstairs and he had a old fashioned iron bed with a green piss pot under it. Not a very exciting or interesting memory

over a year ago

"My earliest memory is falling down the stairs at the age of 3"

Ooh..that must have hurt

By *borofucktoyMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

About 4 when I tripped and fell grazing my nose quite dramatically,...2 days before getting a family picture taken immortalizing it forever

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

"About 4 when I tripped and fell grazing my nose quite dramatically,...2 days before getting a family picture taken immortalizing it forever "

Aww

over a year ago

I don’t know how old I was, but I was young enough to be on a blanket on the floor.

I remember seeing a spider running towards me followed by a scream from my Mom before a blur of being picked up and carried very quickly out of the room The next clear memory is being on the floor again looking at the dining table legs.

over a year ago

"Around 18 months old, when I broke my mums nose by accident by whacking her with a fairytales book "

When I was 5, a genie have me two choices; either my dick grows to be massive, or will have an amazing memory for the rest of my life. And for the life of me, I can't remember what I chose! Do you remember by any chance?

over a year ago

"I remember my mom hitting my dad on the forehead with a stilleto heel.

Was left with nightmares (even now) a fear of men with big hands, I guess from being hit, and a funny one of terrified of groober fish, they are huge.

Anyway I was under 3"

Sorry to hear about those nightmares. Not all men with big hands are baddies. Must google groober fish.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

"There’s two that happened around the same time, I was about 3

We were doing it again a week later, without the head bashing

Some great memories. What a brave dad. Sounds like you had some great fun growing up. "

I did, always outdoors having an adventure

over a year ago

"In the back seat of my dads car moving to a new house, was 2 years old, can remember it like yesterday. Even down to the smell of the red leather seats, and the Players navy cut cigarette packet on the seat. "

It's kind of funny how some memories sticks right? I am always fascinated with stuff like that.

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

My first flight experience! We went into turbulence. I was 5

over a year ago

"Around 18 months old, when I broke my mums nose by accident by whacking her with a fairytales book "

Ouch...I bet you remember the fairytale. Or your mom must be reminding you every now and then.

over a year ago

"About 4 when I tripped and fell grazing my nose quite dramatically,...2 days before getting a family picture taken immortalizing it forever "

Good icebreakers those family pics. Arent they?

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

I have a couple of memories of when I was a baby and when I was a toddler.

The first was standing up in my cot and crying for attention. Mentioned this to mum a few years ago and she didn’t believe me until I described the layout of the room!

The second was me in a pushchair and crying (again - there’s a theme here) because mum bought me black patent shoes and I wanted the red ones!

over a year ago

"First day of nursery "

Very studious

over a year ago

Must have been 3 or 4. Sitting at the dinner table alone at my boarding school with a plate of beef burgers and peas in front of me. All my friends were out playing but I wasn’t allowed to until I’d eaten it all. I refused. God I hate peas

over a year ago

"I have a couple of memories of when I was a baby and when I was a toddler.

The first was standing up in my cot and crying for attention. Mentioned this to mum a few years ago and she didn’t believe me until I described the layout of the room!

The second was me in a pushchair and crying (again - there’s a theme here) because mum bought me black patent shoes and I wanted the red ones!

"

They are some strong memories arent they? Guess you learned that few tears would get you what you want. . Hope you found better strategies now.

over a year ago

"Must have been 3 or 4. Sitting at the dinner table alone at my boarding school with a plate of beef burgers and peas in front of me. All my friends were out playing but I wasn’t allowed to until I’d eaten it all. I refused. God I hate peas "

Ahh poor you. Boarding school sucks. Here is to a world without peas.

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

They are some strong memories arent they? Guess you learned that few tears would get you what you want. . Hope you found better strategies now."

I very rarely cried/cry - which is probably why I remember them.

The first time I’m guessing I remember because I was frightened by something- the second because it was/is very rare that I’m bothered about ‘stuff’ ie clothes/objects. The only thing I ever wanted as a kid was to go out and play. I was - and still am to an extent - a major league tomboy!

over a year ago

"My first flight experience! We went into turbulence. I was 5 "

Wow..must have been terrifying? Or were you?

Probably thought this is a nice swing...

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Must have been 3 or 4. Sitting at the dinner table alone at my boarding school with a plate of beef burgers and peas in front of me. All my friends were out playing but I wasn’t allowed to until I’d eaten it all. I refused. God I hate peas "

God I didn’t even know they had boarding school for kids that age?

Did your carers dish out love and affection? I truly hope so. Xx

over a year ago

They are some strong memories arent they? Guess you learned that few tears would get you what you want. . Hope you found better strategies now.

The first time I’m guessing I remember because I was frightened by something- the second because it was/is very rare that I’m bothered about ‘stuff’ ie clothes/objects. The only thing I ever wanted as a kid was to go out and play. I was - and still am to an extent - a major league tomboy! "

Ahh, how wrong I was. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you can play outside to your hearts content now...

over a year ago

my earliest memory is getting ready to go for a walk with my parents, and my dad getting those toddler walking rein things out of a cupboard. i must have only been about 2 or 3 maybe.

Px

over a year ago

"my earliest memory is getting ready to go for a walk with my parents, and my dad getting those toddler walking rein things out of a cupboard. i must have only been about 2 or 3 maybe.

Px "

That's a good memory.

To be honest I was scared to see school teachers where using the reins on trips.

Do you keep any reins in your cupboard these days?

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

The first time I’m guessing I remember because I was frightened by something- the second because it was/is very rare that I’m bothered about ‘stuff’ ie clothes/objects. The only thing I ever wanted as a kid was to go out and play. I was - and still am to an extent - a major league tomboy!

Hope you can play outside to your hearts content now..."

Yup! I had to give up tree climbing a couple of years ago though. My son’s friend fell off a high branch and we had to call an ambulance.

When filling in the details, the paramedic asked me what I did when he fell from the tree - you should’ve seen her face when I responded ‘I climbed down the tree’! Can’t wait to build dens etc with my grandchildren when they come along though!

By *ucksguy2000Man
over a year ago

aylesbury

Chinese New Year in Hong Kong would have been 3 or 4, throwing fire crackers

over a year ago

Hope you can play outside to your hearts content now...

Yup! I had to give up tree climbing a couple of years ago though. My son’s friend fell off a high branch and we had to call an ambulance.

When filling in the details, the paramedic asked me what I did when he fell from the tree - you should’ve seen her face when I responded ‘I climbed down the tree’! Can’t wait to build dens etc with my grandchildren when they come along though! "

That made me laugh.

I like building dens too. Very competitive with my niece and nephew.

over a year ago

I remember standing up in my cot crying....my Auntie was babysitting as my parents were out. Recall the darkness of the room, then a wee bit of light from the hall coming in as she opened the room door.

She plugged me with my dummy and I zonked out. My parents reckoned I must have been 18mths-2yrs when I told them about it a few yrs ago.

over a year ago

"Chinese New Year in Hong Kong would have been 3 or 4, throwing fire crackers"

Lovely. How long did you live in Hong Kong?

over a year ago

"my earliest memory is getting ready to go for a walk with my parents, and my dad getting those toddler walking rein things out of a cupboard. i must have only been about 2 or 3 maybe.

Px

That's a good memory.

To be honest I was scared to see school teachers where using the reins on trips.

Do you keep any reins in your cupboard these days? "

Hahahahaha

Nope, the only reins i have now, are for my horses, and are kept at the yard!

Px

over a year ago

Px

That's a good memory.

Do you keep any reins in your cupboard these days?

Hahahahaha

Nope, the only reins i have now, are for my horses, and are kept at the yard!

Px"

Ahh lucky you .

That's my dream to have my own horses, and animals and a river cottege too.

Never rode horses though. But I have been on a Uni riding calendar shoot with some of the women members.

By *etite_delightWoman
over a year ago

BunnyLand

"My first flight experience! We went into turbulence. I was 5

Probably thought this is a nice swing... "

It was exactly that, bit of a rough swing but I enjoyed it

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I remember me mam hoovering the living room to Obladi Oblada which made me 2 at the time as I was born in 1966, I also remember having my photo taken with my sis and my cousin when I was about 3, my dads mate had a new camera and came round to show my dad, he ended up taking photos of us all, I also remember he kept whippets and we had our first dog off him

over a year ago

"My first flight experience! We went into turbulence. I was 5

Probably thought this is a nice swing...

It was exactly that, bit of a rough swing but I enjoyed it "

over a year ago

"I remember me mam hoovering the living room to Obladi Oblada which made me 2 at the time as I was born in 1966, I also remember having my photo taken with my sis and my cousin when I was about 3, my dads mate had a new camera and came round to show my dad, he ended up taking photos of us all, I also remember he kept whippets and we had our first dog off him "

Great memories, so vivid it seems. Photos dont have the same emotional value these days. We just click away 100 times. Thanks for sharing.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Being in a pushchair and taking my brother and sister to nursery school with our new puppy lab

over a year ago

Walking along a riverbank with parents and feeding some ducks. This came to me as we were going past the same spot in a car when I was around 11 and I asked if we were going to see if the ducklings had grown and if were going to feed them again and mum said only time we did that I was one and a half

over a year ago

"Being in a pushchair and taking my brother and sister to nursery school with our new puppy lab "

Nice one...must have felt royal with everyone else walking.

over a year ago

"Walking along a riverbank with parents and feeding some ducks. This came to me as we were going past the same spot in a car when I was around 11 and I asked if we were going to see if the ducklings had grown and if were going to feed them again and mum said only time we did that I was one and a half"

Love that. Our mind and brain is so mysterious. I bet you feel very nostalgic when you pass the spot.

over a year ago

I have a very clear memory of stumbling around a large church community hall. The sunlight flooding through great big windows and I was in awe of the dust motes dancing in the sun rays. I spent while trying to run and catch them in my hands. Every time I grabbed a handful and opened my hand they’d magically vanished. Haha I didn’t know where they had gone I stopped and walked the length of the hall where a stage was and my mum gave me a drink and snack.

I told my mum this memory as I believe it’s my earliest one. I described the layout of the church community hall and the family friends we were with. My mum was shocked and told me that I was around 14-15 months old when I attended that play/mums group!!

Crazy how I was so little but I distinctly remember how magical it was trying to catch the dust motes in the sun rays

I even remember my dreams as a child and throughout my life. I have so many recurring dreams which carry on, change or are a different version of a previous dream. I don’t know what it is about holding on to so many memories and dreams but I do love it!

Post new Message to Thread